The most fearsome R9+12.

Options
upsides
upsides Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Arigora Colosseum
Now that R9 for Seekers and Mystics is out, we find ourselves asking. Which R9+12 class is the most fearsome one? Which, is the most difficult to kill? Which R9+12 would you choose to be if you had the choice? What effect did the R9 Seekers and Mystics have on the Endgame Pk? Have Assassins and Psychics remained the kings/queens of PK?

Your feedback is appreciated.
Post edited by upsides on

Comments

• Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver
    Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    as i pk pretty much everyday/everytime i am in game i know for a fact that the most difficult to kill R9 +12 rank between seeker/psy/barb....

seekers have amazing defence lvl which is just totally wrong so pretty much unless u have R9 lvl weapon it wont be easy to kill

psy is another class which u generaly dont wanna mess with as an assassin R9 +12 max soul force and full jades is just OP entirely but alot easier to kill than seekers with the right combo

R9 +12 barbs full jades....killing 1 without an R9 weapon as a sin or at least G15 is totally unheared of simple fact is barb will take 300-600 dmg while doing 3k-30k dmg is too much of a difference http://youtu.be/NtXkF2RO5gw this assassin is easily the best pker on the server with a pretty decent weapon G15 +12 aprox 50 atk lvls 10 k Hp unbuffed and still gets 1 shot by a barb

so from an assassin's point of view i rank R9 +12 barb then R9 +12 seekers then R9 +12 psy hardest to kill

there are however other classes OP R9 +12 but for an assassin with a +10-12 weap is still possible to kill

however what i find funny is that R9 +12 archer will rip thru the 3 upper mentioned classes lol.....so its kind of a power balance really.

EDIT: this is from my personal experience btw there are many (i assume) will disagree but if u decide to disagree plz share ur opinion as it is an entirely opinionated thread so rather than troll i would urge ur opinion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    as i pk pretty much everyday/everytime i am in game i know for a fact that the most difficult to kill R9 +12 rank between seeker/psy/barb....

seekers have amazing defence lvl which is just totally wrong so pretty much unless u have R9 lvl weapon it wont be easy to kill

psy is another class which u generaly dont wanna mess with as an assassin R9 +12 max soul force and full jades is just OP entirely but alot easier to kill than seekers with the right combo

R9 +12 barbs full jades....killing 1 without an R9 weapon as a sin or at least G15 is totally unheared of simple fact is barb will take 300-600 dmg 5times per second when trying to kill them with autoattacking while doing 3k-30k dmg with spamming skills and combos is too much of a difference http://youtu.be/NtXkF2RO5gw this assassin is easily the best pker on the server with a pretty decent weapon G15 +12 aprox 50 atk lvls 10 k Hp unbuffed and still gets 1 shot by a barb

so from an assassin's point of view i rank R9 +12 sins because you cant see/kill them then R9 +12 barb then R9 +12 seekers then R9 +12 psy hardest to kill

there are however other classes OP R9 +12 but for an assassin with a +10-12 weap is still possible to kill

however what i find funny is that R9 +12 archer will rip thru the 3 upper mentioned classes because they don't just stand there autoattacking lol.....so its kind of a power balance really.

EDIT: this is from my personal experience btw there are many (i assume) will disagree but if u decide to disagree plz share ur opinion as it is an entirely opinionated thread so rather than troll i would urge ur opinion

fixed
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    A rank9+12 who knows how to play his/her class is the scariest b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    A rank9+12 who knows how to play his/her class is the scariest b:surrender

problem of that statement is that credit card cant buy skills at playing b:shutup
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    upsides wrote: »
    Now that R9 for Seekers and Mystics is out, we find ourselves asking. Which R9+12 class is the most fearsome one? Which, is the most difficult to kill? Which R9+12 would you choose to be if you had the choice? What effect did the R9 Seekers and Mystics have on the Endgame Pk? Have Assassins and Psychics remained the kings/queens of PK?

R9 +12 JoSD Sharded Psychic sitting on 52k soulforce with all skills sage.

I would love to see somebody try to kill me with that b:cute
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver
    Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    fixed

R9 +12 sins are hard especially with the 105 craze -.- but they still die as much as they try to kill sin vs sin comes down to 1 thing: who has the luckiest tidal protection or who has more resources to get an anti stun or in R9 case who can get 1 shot 1st
    however a sin refined ornaments at least +7 and the rest of gears +10 and full buffed will not be 1 shot simple as that at most a 7k zerk crit 10-14k if triple spark (thats just 1 of the conditions under which u wont be a fail 1 shot if ur gear surpass that then hats off to u lol) if u survive a 1 shot and u cant do anything else to survive for at least another 20 seconds then ur skill is lacking go back to basics

fact R9 +12 anything is OP. sin vs sin is a hard matchup skills + gear + luck will define the winner.

EDIT: as for the 5 aps auto atk crack at sin vs R9 +12 barb....sure sin can prevent barb from killing but without the auto atk the sin cant kill barb. lets see sin spam 20 skills with x channel and x cast time to kill 30-40k HP barb with x defence lvl and a charm cooldown time of 10 seconds without using auto atk....from the video above G15 +12 sin zerk+crit barb for 1200 off triple spark -.- scary
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ihatebrunomars
    ihatebrunomars Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i once was 6x and was in a wraithgate trophymode run. The rank 9 barb never invoked once and his charm was never even ticked. >.<

When you say hardest to kill, it would definitely be barbs, psys and seekers. Considering barbs have like 30k hp with +12 everything and that psys and seekers have godlike defense level.
  • upsides
    edited January 2012
    Options
    So what classes have the best chance at killing those R9+12? Which ones have the worst chance?
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    So what classes have the best chance at killing those R9+12? Which ones have the worst chance?

Best chance... R9+ 12 full DoT sharded Wizard.

Worse chance would probably be BM. Even when Rank 9 with zerk axes they still don't do that much more damage to an equally geared R9 HA.
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    R9 +12 JoSD Sharded Psychic sitting on 52k soulforce with all skills sage.

I would love to see somebody try to kill me with that b:cute

Just imagine how often SoS would activate lol!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Just imagine how often SoS would activate lol!!

I don't have to imagine....I've felt it b:worried

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Best chance... R9+ 12 full DoT sharded Wizard.

Worse chance would probably be BM. Even when Rank 9 with zerk axes they still don't do that much more damage to an equally geared R9 HA.

Although BMs don't have the best DPH skills, they at least have the best amps stacked on top of zerk crits to make up for it. I've personally 2 shot a full +12 r9 JOSD barb in human form for 8K then 20K using only my own debuffs, (HF , EP).

Cleric/Seeker/Mystic are probably the worst damage dealers out of all the classes.

Wizards albeit the best damage dealers, aren't the most well-rounded PvP class due to lack of immune stun abilities, I'd say Archers/Barbs get the best of both worlds.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Although BMs don't have the best DPH skills, they at least have the best amps stacked on top of zerk crits to make up for it. I've personally 2 shot a full +12 r9 JOSD barb in human form for 8K then 20K using only my own debuffs, (HF , EP).

Cleric/Seeker/Mystic are probably the worst damage dealers out of all the classes.

Wizards albeit the best damage dealers, aren't the most well-rounded PvP class due to lack of immune stun abilities, I'd say Archers/Barbs get the best of both worlds.

@bold: reason i will holy path to safe zone...

Archers + r9 = Why....just WHY!?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • upsides
    edited January 2012
    Options
    So from what I understood, it seems that Barbs are one of the most fearsome R9+12 classes. They can tank and deal huge damage at the same time.

What difficulties would a R9+12 Barb face? What classes would be difficult for that Barb to deal with and beat? How does a Barb fare against one of it's own class?

I suppose the same questions apply to Archers too. The major problem R9 Archers face is R9 Sins, yeah? Are you expecting that to be different when the new skills are released here?
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i remember when pvp between bms&barbs were finished the moment when both realised that it was pointless to waste more of their hpcharms...b:laugh
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

O___o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    O___o

What? Am I wrong? I'm speaking comparatively between all classes at same gear using only their own skills.

Sure, some classes will hit higher using other people's debuffs/amps and stuff, but if we're talking about raw damage...; comparatively those classes I listed are really lacking...

Demon Mystic would probably even rank slightly higher than cleric with demon thicket amp.

And I'd like to consider amps > debuffs due to genie skill usage of EP stacking.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    What? Am I wrong? I'm speaking comparatively between all classes at same gear using only their own skills.

Sure, some classes will hit higher using other people's debuffs/amps and stuff, but if we're talking about raw damage...; comparatively those classes I listed are really lacking...

Demon Mystic would probably even rank slightly higher than cleric with demon thicket amp.

And I'd like to consider amps > debuffs due to genie skill usage of EP stacking.

I can see where you'd get the idea for cleric and mystic from...but are seekers really that bad at DDing?

now I've never played a seeker beyond level 60, so can't really say, but from what I've heard from seekers, what they lack in slow channeling speed they make up for in raw damage (sort of like a wizzie if you will) given you use the right sword stance and combos

which would make sense, with seekers being a caster class and all...
    they gotta have SOMETHING besides def level for being the only physical-oriented class without the ability to APS b:shocked because if it really only boiled down to survivability I'd take a barb any day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • GoddessNoa - Sanctuary
    GoddessNoa - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    pretty sure mystics are the only class in the game that can one shot a 12+ full josd psy in def mode maybe they should move to the top for the best dds in the game.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Options
    GoddessNoa: If you can't one-shot a full R9 +12 JoSD sharded psychic sittin in White voodoo with 140+ defense lvls, the only excuse I can think of is it was a fail psychic.

Cause I mean dear god...I understand that absorb soul works to by-pass a lot of buffs and immunties, but jesus...if it can do that type of damage it's scarier than I thought :<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I can see where you'd get the idea for cleric and mystic from...but are seekers really that bad at DDing?

now I've never played a seeker beyond level 60, so can't really say, but from what I've heard from seekers, what they lack in slow channeling speed they make up for in raw damage (sort of like a wizzie if you will) given you use the right sword stance and combos

which would make sense, with seekers being a caster class and all...
    they gotta have SOMETHING besides def level for being the only physical-oriented class without the ability to APS b:shocked because if it really only boiled down to survivability I'd take a barb any day

I would rather a +12 r9 seeker bugging me in group pvp than a +10-12 nirvana archer/wiz. Without a zerk and crit they just tickle.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    psys r the most broken class r9 wise. it's a fact.
    reason: good control skills + soulforce
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Options
    psys r the most broken class r9 wise. it's a fact.
    reason: good control skills + soulforce

Yeah, it's why when people see a known r9 +12 JoSD psychic (fully buffed or not) walk outside SafeZone they tend to run inside or go stealth.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I would rather a +12 r9 seeker bugging me in group pvp than a +10-12 nirvana archer/wiz. Without a zerk and crit they just tickle.
    Yeah, it's why when people see a known r9 +12 JoSD psychic (fully buffed or not) walk outside SafeZone they tend to run inside or go stealth.

i don't know whether or not bezmor is fully sharded with josd but he's facing a sin who doesn't need to stealth to kill him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK_4_espUL0
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arctix - Dreamweaver
    Arctix - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i don't know whether or not bezmor is fully sharded with josd but he's facing a sin who doesn't need to stealth to kill him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK_4_espUL0

As far as I know this is his gear
    http://pwcalc.com/370a09743f31124e b:chuckle
    so no psy still op b:cool b:sin b:avoid
  • Illuvyen - Harshlands
    Illuvyen - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

I think, I cannot stop myself to correct that.

The r9 gear is a bit overrated. People who see these gears just say: oh my god and run away. I've got full nirvana sin, not even +11 refined excepting my r8 daggers(+12). Well, right. It is sage. But I kill r9 max refined Seekers in 1vs1 fights. Mystics (or other arcane character)? Sins got stealth. Just use it. Jump and kill ;)
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    GoddessNoa: If you can't one-shot a full R9 +12 JoSD sharded psychic sittin in White voodoo with 140+ defense lvls, the only excuse I can think of is it was a fail psychic.

Cause I mean dear god...I understand that absorb soul works to by-pass a lot of buffs and immunties, but jesus...if it can do that type of damage it's scarier than I thought :<

Not really. Mystics absorb soul is kryptonite for Psychics (even R9 full JoSD ones) because in addition to bypassing defense levels and so on... it does physical damage... which arcanes are naturally weak against. That same absorb soul fired at an R9 Barb, BM or Seeker does little more than tickle.
  • Celesse - Harshlands
    Celesse - Harshlands Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    lol at people underestimating mystics.
    But I guess there's reason to, my server only has 2 full r9 mystics...
    Everyone is literally powerleveled to 100.
  • Haruzi - Lost City
    Haruzi - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    In case any of you didn't know, Absorb soul won't work if you use an anti damage amp skill, such as evil ward. As for Mystics with R9, I'm pretty sure they're to be feared considering their defense and channel times. Not quite as good as psys, but you can't forget they have pets and plants which will amp damage, and don't forget their pet's take after the caster's stat's unlike veno pets. Anyone know if attack lvls affect pet damage? Hopefully not...b:surrender
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    GallaxXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    with seekers and mystics hitting both phys and magic.

and if youve seen the damage output by a seeker.

a r9 +12 full DOT seeker, would:

1. Be a PRO sin killer
    2. Be terrifying to many
    3. be slightly squishier and not tank as well as a barb would, so they have their ups and downs

also a r9 mystic could do some pretty good damage to a seeker
    Objective: Complete
This discussion has been closed.