Farming BM? Or Seeker for fun?

Razvani - Dreamweaver
Razvani - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Hi!

So, i've got an 86 seeker and an 65 bm on same account and idk which one to continueb:surrender

So, i created the bm for farming and cause i like themb:laugh, and the seeker for fun.
i was thinking here: if they are on same account why dont I lvl bm, farm, and account stash my HA? cause my farming build for bm is that> http://pwcalc.com/77895caa7682c0bd, on this build im not using any LA, so i can just stash it b:victory, but to get this build im charging $200(and never more), but with that $200 i could gear my seeker really nice, and he's already 86 ^^

Another idea that i had was, lvl seeker to 90, buy him the TT90 and the Firelotusb:dirty, and FC, TW, have fun with him... what u guys think? Help me please b:sad
Post edited by Razvani - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• BladedZero - Sanctuary
    BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    From my BM's point of view, farming is only really good in nirvana. However you can't really go cheap on gears if you plan on nirvana since the competition for spots is pretty hard for BMs as there are so many 5.0 BMs running around with the prices of Deicides dropping. Seekers on the other hand grind DQs really easily with the crappiest of gears. I've actually seen a seeker with scrubby 3 star equips do pulls just as well as I could =[. However you'll never see one in vana or in many TTs.
  • Kanmi - Sanctuary
    Kanmi - Sanctuary Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    With this build he is 4.0 aps spark and 2.86 aps base . Not sure how effective it could be with all the 5.0 BM/Sin farming toon running around .
  • Razvani - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    With this build he is 4.0 aps spark and 2.86 aps base . Not sure how effective it could be with all the 5.0 BM/Sin farming toon running around .

Yeah, its 2.86/4.0, till i get Pan Gu Tome, that wont take much time b:laugh
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Alot of people say 'I'm charging [insert amount] as an initial investment and never again', yet once they CS for the first time it's hard to stop.

I would just go with whatever class you enjoy playing, after all, this is a game.
  • Mastersworde - Raging Tide
    Mastersworde - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    i got a 100 bm and i must say that farming things are easy.
    when ur 5 aps sparkt it'll be easy to farm things like nirvana and TTs like Zero said
    5 aps Bm's are also nice in pk
    i made a bm 4 aps sparkt with good gear but like all +12 ( u can farm it by the time) and he had 20k hp unbuffed with primeval stones on pwcalc b:laugh
    I play how i play and idc what ppl think b:angry
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Have you ever PKed? With the average Joe 5APS BM running around with evasion ornaments and 7k HP they're not good in PK.
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    i got a 100 bm and i must say that farming things are easy.
    when ur 5 aps sparkt it'll be easy to farm things like nirvana and TTs like Zero said
    i made a bm 4 aps sparkt with good gear but like all +12 ( u can farm it by the time) and he had 20k hp unbuffed with primeval stones on pwcalc b:laugh

I don't pk outside of cube and random duels, but I'm pretty sure no one is dumb enough to just let you spark or sit around to take the multiple hits.
  • RandomDent - Dreamweaver
    RandomDent - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Save yourself about 250mil and get 2 tt99 LA pieces for that last -int bonus. If you don't already have the gear made, I'd suggest going with tt99 HA chest and tt99 LA sleeves and necklace. That's the build I use and it works well for me.

There's no need to choose between bm and seeker, level both, play them when you have the urge to do different things. Bms can make a lot more money in nirvana and TT, but seekers can do very well doing different things (delta runs on my seeker paid for a lot of my bms gear, when it's not 2x drops delta can be nearly as profitable as nirvana with a good squad).
    See, I can hyper a nub up like the rest of yas!
  • Kanmi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012

Well since you didn't add it on the calculator, i was assuming that was what you would start with . Knowing your BM is right now only lv65, you likely dont have any gears for lv 100 . 4k BM (since you didnt refine anything on calculator either) can't farm high lv TT, yes nirvana but like BladedZero said there is many BM around .

5.0 BM sux in pk since they removed CC and too many BM still running with LA ornement, being food for caster .
  • Razvani - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Well since you didn't add it on the calculator, i was assuming that was what you would start with . Knowing your BM is right now only lv65, you likely dont have any gears for lv 100 . 4k BM (since you didnt refine anything on calculator either) can't farm high lv TT, yes nirvana but like BladedZero said there is many BM around .

5.0 BM sux in pk since they removed CC and too many BM still running with LA ornement, being food for caster .

I didn't fefined or sharded cause i was too bored to do that b:laugh, and LA ornaments are crappy, i prefer that: http://pwcalc.com/266123866d6f5526 b:laugh
  • Kanmi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    If u get a tome you dont need to mix TT99 LA/HA and actually get AA ornement <.< Not sure what you're trying to do with the calculator right now .
    Here can i play too ? Give you the choice of ornement
  • Razvani - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    If u get a tome you dont need to mix TT99 LA/HA and actually get AA ornement <.< Not sure what you're trying to do with the calculator right now .
    Here can i play too ? Give you the choice of ornement
    Ornaments here o.o b:bye
  • RandomDent - Dreamweaver
    RandomDent - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I didn't fefined or sharded cause i was too bored to do that b:laugh, and LA ornaments are crappy, i prefer that: http://pwcalc.com/266123866d6f5526 b:laugh

That is also a good build. I was just saying go for the LA bonus instead of the pan-gu to hit 5aps, to save quite a bit of coin. There are several ways to accomplish it. With my "crappy" la necklace my bm has more pdef and more mdef than the one you built there on pwcalc though (using 4th map belt, lunar/coa rings, ha boots/chest, la sleeves/neck and nirvana pants).

The main thing is to leave the tome for when you are rich, for the cost difference between pan-gu and LA set bonus you can refine and shard your gear to be able to actually survive.
    See, I can hyper a nub up like the rest of yas!
  • Razvani - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    That is also a good build. I was just saying go for the LA bonus instead of the pan-gu to hit 5aps, to save quite a bit of coin. There are several ways to accomplish it. With my "crappy" la necklace my bm has more pdef and more mdef than the one you built there on pwcalc though (using 4th map belt, lunar/coa rings, ha boots/chest, la sleeves/neck and nirvana pants).

The main thing is to leave the tome for when you are rich, for the cost difference between pan-gu and LA set bonus you can refine and shard your gear to be able to actually survive.

O.o nice!, can u plz show me ya build on pwcalc b:pleased
  • JanDezanTen - Raging Tide
    JanDezanTen - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Even though this has nothing to do with this forum xD i was looking at it and noticed kanmi saying u will never see seekers in nirva, and that is a lie. I do have a seeker which is currently 101 and its not even r8 and i do nirva during 2x pretty easy. My point is that since the Quid pro quo thing was discovered seekers in nirva aint so rare, but i admit ppl still prefer 5 aps sins b:sad
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Even though this has nothing to do with this forum xD i was looking at it and noticed kanmi saying u will never see seekers in nirva, and that is a lie. I do have a seeker which is currently 101 and its not even r8 and i do nirva during 2x pretty easy. My point is that since the Quid pro quo thing was discovered seekers in nirva aint so rare, but i admit ppl still prefer 5 aps sins b:sad

Enlighten me on that please, because I can't get in nirvana because I'm a seeker. So the bosses have an AOE def debuff, that you QPQ back at the boss or something?
    edited January 2012
    The thing is, there are bosses in nirvana that arent able to be amped or hfed, so u duel a BM or a veno (for instance you could duel a sin to sub the boss but that is kinda lol lame) before u start the battle with the boss. So the BM or veno or whoever HFs you or amp or w/e and u quickly Quid pro quo the boss transfering the debuff from yourself to the boss. That is how it works and its really usefull. Just 1 problem remains with that though. Not many ppl know that this is possible, so if they see a seeker LF nirva u kinda wont ever get in. I always made the squads, and by the end of this 2x i was usually doing it with 5 aps sins and BMs so yea lol. I hope this helped a bit, GL :)
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    That's awesome.

And I'm not gonna be feeling well(well, I haven't been feeling well for about 8 months now) if they count that as an exploit and you get in trouble for posting that ~_~.
    edited January 2012
    I'm pretty sure that wont bring me troubles couse if u look at it, it's not a bug, it's not a glitch, it's just people using their minds into making a better result :) thx for your concern though. b:thanks
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    D0nt even waste y0ur time with a Seeker f0r farming, just level the BM. Seeker just fails hard t0 the BM in the farming department, it's n0t even up f0r debate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    I will always be sick and tired of being compared to that damn class.
    edited January 2012
    It really depends on what your thinking about. In a mob farming contest a seeker would be a much better farmer ijs, but if u were talking about nirva, than yea easier making a BM and finding squads and doing nirva. BUT MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE making the BM aps.
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I don't understand how seekers are considered so good in grinding since normal mobs can't be pulled well like in instances.When I try to pull mobs together,I barely can catch more than 4-5 because then some of them just resets.At my current level,there aren't really any crowded area other than OVS,and there drop rate kinda sucks.
    I simply 1vs1 mobs,they take less than 2 secs to die,next mob,repeat,zero mp usage,no waiting for vortex cooldown,not having to get 2 sparks for it,simple and relaxing.

As for BM Vs Seeker mania I don't see seeker having such big advantages on AoEs,any BM with good axes can simple HF + 2-3 AoEs and bam,monsters are dead,both BM/Seekers consumed 2 sparks,BM probably consumed less Mp.

Why all the hype about Seekers?,simple because most BM nowdays forget about axes and/or leave em with +3 refine while only focusing on their Fist/Claws,that's why they look crappy at AoEs compared to Seekers.

Ultimate DQ farming place?,if you got a good gear,go farm in BH Seat(No stunning mobs like in Abandon),those mobs have a nice drop rate,duo it with a BM for best results^^
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    i welcome the seeker to the barb fail zone as in not wanted but then again its only nirvana.

boooring.

but then again i do not need to farm b:laugh so i am happy.

100% out of the APS mania we have in pwi.

anybody kne when new skill are comming.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    I don't understand how seekers are considered so good in grinding since normal mobs can't be pulled well like in instances.When I try to pull mobs together,I barely can catch more than 4-5 because then some of them just resets.At my current level,there aren't really any crowded area other than OVS,and there drop rate kinda sucks.
    I simply 1vs1 mobs,they take less than 2 secs to die,next mob,repeat,zero mp usage,no waiting for vortex cooldown,not having to get 2 sparks for it,simple and relaxing.

As for BM Vs Seeker mania I don't see seeker having such big advantages on AoEs,any BM with good axes can simple HF + 2-3 AoEs and bam,monsters are dead,both BM/Seekers consumed 2 sparks,BM probably consumed less Mp.

Why all the hype about Seekers?,simple because most BM nowdays forget about axes and/or leave em with +3 refine while only focusing on their Fist/Claws,that's why they look crappy at AoEs compared to Seekers.

Ultimate DQ farming place?,if you got a good gear,go farm in BH Seat(No stunning mobs like in Abandon),those mobs have a nice drop rate,duo it with a BM for best results^^
    I'm sorry but vortex is'nt the only AOE we have.. but that is the fault of a lot of seekers on our server. They ***** out vortex and think they are pro and because of this, players like yourself acquire this perception of the class ~_~. And there is no hype, there is only underratedness, misconceptions and false info.

Farming with vortex is inefficient. You only need 1 spark in most cases and even then, Ion spike isn't all that needed.

People seeker is not a weak class. And we are not comprised of nothing but disadvantages. We aren't disabled elderly people with osteoporosis unable to take care of ourselves. BM and Assassin is not the answer to everything in this game and aren't the only way to go if you want to be a DD.
    edited January 2012
    Seeker is 0nly g00d f0r RB,FF,WGTM(get the p0int?), 0therwise they are just pixels that failed "Basic Blademaster Training" classes.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Coming from a guy who hasn't even played it I bet.
    edited January 2012
    I have, and it fails hard in c0mparis0n t0 nearly every class. Nvm all classes.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Yeah sure whatever. It failed because you failed at playing it.

Anyway that's that. You all can say what you wanna say about it >_>.
    edited January 2012
    Yeah sure whatever. It failed because you failed at playing it.

Anyway that's that. You all can say what you wanna say about it >_>.

Funny h0w n0n fact0rs c0me and always make the statement "cause y0u failed at playing it". Guess it is hard f0r them t0 accept a fail class as a fail class, as if the skills were n0t en0ugh evidence 0f that.