How to kill a psychic

LonelyStoner - Raging Tide
LonelyStoner - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Wizard
Will please someone inform me on some pro tips to kill psychics 1v1 as a wizard. i try everything i know and i just seemed to get cced so much i hardly get attcks off, and the psychics im fighting are full r9+12 with like 50k soulforce and i get sealed every sit and stuns last 10 seconds. help please b:surrender
Post edited by LonelyStoner - Raging Tide on

Comments

• LonelyStoner - Raging Tide
    LonelyStoner - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    guess noone knows how to pk as wizzy
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    You should be pretty defensive. As long as they are in white vodoo you are safe. Don't waste seals or ele shell against a psy in white vodoo. Fortify and Soul of Stunning have the same cooldown, so you should always fortify before using up their SoSt. Just be very careful about them switching to black vodoo, because that is when they will go for a kill. Again, your genie is a very helpful tool. You should have badge for their earth vector and be sure to ele shell right after to survive their next hit. For the actual kill there are two possibilities. Both involve catching them in black vodoo. One is to bypass them with a genie sparked BT while sleeping them. You are less likely to get sealed coz only a few hits are involved. Second is using a sutra genie spark combo. Here you need to add will surge to get around their seal, because pulling off undine, spark and 2-3 skills is highly unlikely without getting sealed. If you got a spot on your genie try oxygen bubble. You have good earth def due to stone barrier so only their water skills will really hurt you. So bubble is almost like a spammable 7 seconds domain against psys (Doesn't save you from seal or stun tho). Another way is using a Sutra Power Orb when you attack to get around their souls. If they are likely to domain your ult, try undine, seal, spark, Zooming Thunder Powder, BT. Most don't see that coming and aren't quick enough on domain. If they use soul of fire or are very quick, you can sleep BT, watch them use up their genie, interrupt your channeling and then do the trick with Zooming Thunder Powder.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Stoner, you should have asked the Wiz Daddy here. Let me tell you how I successfully won vs LuciferV, Retto or other R9+12 Psychs. There are several tactics:
    1. Triple spark, fortify, IG and kill them though White voodoo, just nuke them, their charm cant take it to much, I hit them for 2.5k/5k crits when I am sparked. In order for this tactic to work, they must have already used AD or Apothecary and to believe they can tank you. Tactic is still risky, Soulburn can kill you through IG.
    2. Undine, hit them until they are between 70-50% hp and then sleep them. Use BT and spark genie skill on them. One BT can hit them for over 12k, 25k crit in normal mode, even more in black, sadly only 4-5k in white, but they can die in white too if you crit and they are close to half hp.
    3. Last tactic and the hardest to pull out is a combo of undine/seal/instant cast pot/MS/hailstorm/BT. You must have full chi for this to work but it will tick their charm and might even kill them if any spell is crit.

If you are free in the evenings, we can do tests and see.
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I just use tin foil hats

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    I just use tin foil hats

... x.x"
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

• Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Stoner, you should have asked the Wiz Daddy here. Let me tell you how I successfully won vs LuciferV, Retto or other R9+12 Psychs. There are several tactics:
    1. Triple spark, fortify, IG and kill them though White voodoo, just nuke them, their charm cant take it to much, I hit them for 2.5k/5k crits when I am sparked. In order for this tactic to work, they must have already used AD or Apothecary and to believe they can tank you. Tactic is still risky, Soulburn can kill you through IG.
    2. Undine, hit them until they are between 70-50% hp and then sleep them. Use BT and spark genie skill on them. One BT can hit them for over 12k, 25k crit in normal mode, even more in black, sadly only 4-5k in white, but they can die in white too if you crit and they are close to half hp.
    3. Last tactic and the hardest to pull out is a combo of undine/seal/instant cast pot/MS/hailstorm/BT. You must have full chi for this to work but it will tick their charm and might even kill them if any spell is crit.

And this kids, is what you call facerolling.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Step one: Force of will
    Step two: Gush
    Step three: Sealed for the next 10 minutes go make a snack
    Step four: Eat snack
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Step 5: wipe your hands and hit release back to city
    Step 6: uninstall
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Step 7: Reinstall game
    Step 8: Cashshop
    Step 9: Roll a sin
    Step 10: Still die to psy cause you suck
    Step 11: Cashshop more
    Step 12: Win
    Step 13: Boast about your superior PvP skills

b:cool

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Step 14 go back on wizard
    Step 15 http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/tin-foil-hat.jpg
    Step 16 throw the cat
    Step 16 DEAD FISH
    i like potato
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Elemental Shell, FoW/Sleep. Make sure you AD their stuns/SoV/SoR. No class is guaranteed to destroy another but Elemental Shell really helps make wizzies anti-caster.

Source: My brother tanks EQ's r9+8 psy 2-3 times each TW. I even tanked him once since Shell is castable on target and I have plenty of antistuns.

Wiz look like they will be broken post-expansion and alot more people will roll them.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • _CurseD - Archosaur
    _CurseD - Archosaur Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    when fighting a psy, I play defensive as much as possible and wait for an opening to kill the psy ^^.

You need to be familiar with their skills(effect, appearance at icon). Like SoR and SoS. You need to always cancel them before making a move.

How to cancel their OP BUFFS

SoR( Soul of Retaliation )

When you see a psy w/ SoR. i usually just hit him w/ pyrogram. It has no effect to reflect back to me and theres a chance to get chi for myself.

Elemental Shell is really good against magic and it gives you a small amount of chi ^^. SPAM IT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE

SoS ( Soul of Stunning )

When the psy is using SoS, i use fortify and use undine strike. When using a fortify, the wiz needs to be careful still because it lowers their magical defense

One way to be safe while canceling the SoS is by using fortify+elemental shell then use undine strike to the psy.

Elemental Shell is really good against magic and it gives you a small amount of chi ^^. SPAM IT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE

Another way to cancel SoS is use AD or any apoth that would make you immune to stun then use undine strike or use other skills if they are already debuffed w/ undine.

my genie has no will of surge so. i just use sutra power orb/ IG/ fortify

Soul Burn

Whenever you see them use soulburn try to resist it or run ASAP use holy path or whatever.

be careful tho cuz if they already casted the Soulburn on you and you used AD or IG. the dmg will still work on you!.

Ways to kill psy

1.)one way to kill a psy is to make their HP close to half to bypass the charm tick(1 hit them!).then Sleep/FoW then genie spark+BT

Good psys will have def charms with them. including physical def charms to weaken our BT. So its really good to cancel them b4 you BT ^^ I have a secret move to cancel their charms b4 i use bt b:shutup

2.)Another way is essential sutra+fire combos+genie spark skill. When using this combo the wizard has to be immune to sealing.

I usually use IG before using this combo or use a sutra power orb.

3.)One of my friends told me to kill a psy is.
    1st: tick their charm
    2nd: 1st you have to be IGed or Will of surge
    3rd: stun them w/ MS while you are instant casted + strong skills ^^.

These are some of the ways i kill psys in my server ^^ hope it helps.. too lazy to write all the other things i do when fighting a psy ^^ but these are some of them b:cute

Show the WIZARD POWER!!!! b:angry b:laugh
  • Orintaz - Archosaur
    Orintaz - Archosaur Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    cursed... you're so mean Q_Q
  • _CurseD - Archosaur
    _CurseD - Archosaur Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    cursed... you're so mean Q_Q

b:laugh

u helped me test something on u ^^ !! b:dirty b:thanks
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    best way i've found to kill a r9+12 psy.

1) undine adn get stunned by SoS/pitfall to knock SoR off then undine

2)badge out of stun/pew pew them until they stun you then start at the first part of step2

3)sutra+spark>fire skills.

if you get sealed you should be at max range anyways for kiting. so just run back wait for them to change voodoo and try again. works everytime for me. the only time a psychic is unkillabe is if they ahve full buffs. really starts to be OP with cleric buffs. gl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dai_Viper - Archosaur
    Dai_Viper - Archosaur Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Nice tactics tho, but i dont think it will work:
    1. I never try to tank triple spark
    2. I saw your build. you dont even have channeling while BT is a long channeling skill.
    3. This skill might work. But what if I ate Mystic Armor Charm before you use BT, how u cancel my charm? (I know how Cursed cancels my charm b:laugh)
    Gear info: pwcalc.com/ca03cfa26484422eb:victory
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2012

You forgetting one thing. I'm playing psy now and 90% of wizards do this. Seal and BT. But I use absolute domain and then are wizards quite defenseless. Earth vector to stun them + lv. 100 skills(50% chance to seal)+crystal light=dead wizy. Of course with similar gear. I have no chance against R9 wizy, and on another hand wizy has no chance against R9 psy with high soulforce.
    Psy has much more variability in skills and how to play than wizy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    You forgetting one thing. I'm playing psy now and 90% of wizards do this. Seal and BT. But I use absolute domain and then are wizards quite defenseless. Earth vector to stun them + lv. 100 skills(50% chance to seal)+crystal light=dead wizy. Of course with similar gear. I have no chance against R9 wizy, and on another hand wizy has no chance against R9 psy with high soulforce.
    Psy has much more variability in skills and how to play than wizy.

True story! In the poker game of classes, Psychs vs Wizards, they start with 2 Aces while us, wizziess...b:sad
    edited February 2012
    Nice tactics tho, but i dont think it will work:
    1. I never try to tank triple spark
    2. I saw your build. you dont even have channeling while BT is a long channeling skill.
    3. This skill might work. But what if I ate Mystic Armor Charm before you use BT, how u cancel my charm? (I know how Cursed cancels my charm b:laugh)

I saw his genie in TW. That genie skill he has extra deals phis and fire dmg.

He uses that with spark to cancel ur charm.

It really depends, each battle is different.
  • Dai_Viper - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    I saw his genie in TW. That genie skill he has extra deals phis and fire dmg.

He uses that with spark to cancel ur charm.

It really depends, each battle is different.

you're right about genie skill. I tried to look for your pvp video, but u dont have any, all r tws. I really want to see how your tactics work in a real fight...
    edited February 2012
    you're right about genie skill. I tried to look for your pvp video, but u dont have any, all r tws. I really want to see how your tactics work in a real fight...

I will make some for PK. I am not a very good PKer. I was planning my PK strategy on all gear no skill.
    In open PK, R9+12 Psychs would beat me 9/10 times. Sins roll me 1 vs 1 even with my top gears. They dont even need to be R9, a 5 aps sin with Nirvana +10 can roll me easy. I am still learning my class but with +12 rafines...it is hard to beat some classes as Sins or Pyschs on 1 vs 1. Even clerics or Barbs are very chalenging to kill when they are equal in gears to you(R9+12 JOSD). Wizzies are not a class that allows mistakes. Each wrong step can be fatal in PK.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I will make some for PK. I am not a very good PKer. I was planning my PK strategy on all gear no skill.
    In open PK, R9+12 Psychs would beat me 9/10 times. Sins roll me 1 vs 1 even with my top gears. They dont even need to be R9, a 5 aps sin with Nirvana +10 can roll me easy. I am still learning my class but with +12 rafines...it is hard to beat some classes as Sins or Pyschs on 1 vs 1. Even clerics or Barbs are very chalenging to kill when they are equal in gears to you(R9+12 JOSD). Wizzies are not a class that allows mistakes. Each wrong step can be fatal in PK.

You are absolutely right.
    Anyway, nowadays usually who first hit will win. Because dead is in just few hits. 2-3 and it's over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I didn't read any part of the thread besides the first 3 posts so if this was said already then oh well.

What I like to do sometimes (though there's only like 2 psy's that PK with good gear on our server, so I'm not much experienced) is when they put their soul of stunning up, I will undine them, get myself stunned. Most Psy's will switch to attack voodoo after that, which I will then badge out of the stun, and probably use as much as I can before he realizes what I did. Such as Sutra - fire skills with spark, or sutra - pyro - BT.

It's a risky combination considering they can use genie skills to avoid that combo and badge can fail = you dead, but if you can make them waste domain, repeat the process when they have Soul of Stun up and try it again, before domain is back on CD.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    I didn't read any part of the thread besides the first 3 posts so if this was said already then oh well.

What I like to do sometimes (though there's only like 2 psy's that PK with good gear on our server, so I'm not much experienced) is when they put their soul of stunning up, I will undine them, get myself stunned. Most Psy's will switch to attack voodoo after that, which I will then badge out of the stun, and probably use as much as I can before he realizes what I did. Such as Sutra - fire skills with spark, or sutra - pyro - BT.

It's a risky combination considering they can use genie skills to avoid that combo and badge can fail = you dead, but if you can make them waste domain, repeat the process when they have Soul of Stun up and try it again, before domain is back on CD.

Or they can just earth vector you right after you badged free and faceroll you. Yes the combo can work, but only if they psy is really inexperienced and - unless they are too dumb to learn from their mistakes - it will only work once.

• Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Or they can just earth vector you right after you badged free and faceroll you. Yes the combo can work, but only if they psy is really inexperienced and - unless they are too dumb to learn from their mistakes - it will only work once.

If you keep switching your strategy up (this was one strategy I mentioned) you could leave them oblivious to what you're going to do. That's how you beat a skilled player. Make them wonder what you'll do and have a bunch of tricks up your sleeve.

Also, they can't earth vector you if they are sealed for 5 seconds + 6 second stun unless they domain it (kite at that point). If you're going for the sutra sparked BT you're going for the kill, so if they don't die, you kite just as the seal wears off.
  • Dai_Viper - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    If you keep switching your strategy up (this was one strategy I mentioned) you could leave them oblivious to what you're going to do. That's how you beat a skilled player. Make them wonder what you'll do and have a bunch of tricks up your sleeve.

Also, they can't earth vector you if they are sealed for 5 seconds + 6 second stun unless they domain it (kite at that point). If you're going for the sutra sparked BT you're going for the kill, so if they don't die, you kite just as the seal wears off.

If I was the psy that fought u. I wouldnt stand there and watch u break stun and seal me...
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    If I was the psy that fought u. I wouldnt stand there and watch u break stun and seal me...

You must be pro if you can react to something that unexpectedly happens in under half a second.

Kudos to you.
  • Dai_Viper - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    You must be pro if you can react to something that unexpectedly happens in under half a second.

Kudos to you.

look like u can do your move (badge of courage, seal, sutra + BT) under 1 secb:laugh
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
  • Dai_Viper - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Learn to not be stupid, thanks.

oh yea, some1 got mad now lol. i dont know how good you are and how u kill psy on your server. The only thing i can see here (your tactic), it wont work on ppl who know how to play psy hunb:laugh
This discussion has been closed.