Christmas event?

Options
2»

Comments

• mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Single most disappointing event I have seen in the calendar and Worst Christmas holiday event. Same **** poor communication so no one knew what was going to happen or where to go.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I am, of course, disappointed. Event started late, most people didn't know about it in advance, it was unclear wtf was going on and where to go (who the hell stuck the final boss out in the boonies with no autopath?), and so on and so forth. Can't say I thought it was worth doing for a 2 Oracle V, 4 subs, and 4 tome fragments. The res scroll and doll I blew are worth more than that. b:surrender

Also, good job, sticking the lower levels outside West so they could be PKed en masse by the normal West PKers who had no clue there was an event going on... b:chuckle
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Elstraya - Heavens Tear
    Elstraya - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    OMG they had the event without telling anyone anything about it, like what time or place or ANYTHING except a one-line comment from a GM burried in a thread on the forums b:shocked

Just when I thought their communication with the community could get no worse...it does lol.

When they said the event would last three days I was expecting something I could login during the day and do over the three day period. Not some "invasion" style event that happens once a day only and at some time when I am sleeping. Well I assume thats what it is because PWI have told us nothing about it.

Hope they post some further details about the event so I can decide if it is worth staying up for tonight.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    so I can decide if it is worth staying up for tonight.

It's not. b:surrender
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • LiquidChild - Dreamweaver
    LiquidChild - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    pwi for life <3
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If you read my christmas event post from a couple weeks ago, you will see that...

I told you so. lol Has PWI jumped the shark yet?

At least the PWBR has had this event from 15 Dec to 01 Jan and it runs three times a day.

Our GMs can't be bothered. They don't want to have to be in the office to turn it on, so they run it only once a day... and shortened it as well. roflmao.

Oh well...

I see the same thing happening here as did in two other PWE games.
    First, GMs not giving a **** about the game anymore,
    lack of real updates,
    CS overload
    then PWE pulls the plug.

They already did it to 2 other games... PWI isn't far behind.

At least there are people, including myself, who are doing their own Christmas events.

If you are on LC, watch for me (Santa) at Silver Pool. I do two Santa Giveaway Trivia events each day in December. Past prizes have included charms, DoT, 2M coins, mounts,...

Merry Christmas everyone!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Spend more, they will surely make the game better....
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So, basically, pwi fails so much that we are getting no proper Christmas event this year,huh?
    The **** you call an event is bull, a crappy 'kill this sheet' event that is just a re-skinned normal event has nothing to do with Christmas. And the snow is ****, you just thrw it in to pretend you actually did something nice for the players, but even if i snows while you do the same boring **** you normally do, it does not make it a 'holiday event' .
    Yes, I usually don't rage on the forums....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xinaeco - Harshlands
    Xinaeco - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So apparently you have to be logged in at a certain time to get the fash. >_> Basically just leaving pwi on all night so they can feel like they have a bunch of people "playing".
    **** this I'm going to play skyrim.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NiightmareXz; lv 92 demon archer (retired)
    xinaeco; lv 9x sage veno (retired currently)
    lil nab secret cleric (main)
  • keeperofkeys
    keeperofkeys Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Don't want the fash...would need a wardrobe stone to accomodate it probs.

I want a decent christmas event.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    At least there are people, including myself, who are doing their own Christmas events.

If you are on LC, watch for me (Santa) at Silver Pool. I do two Santa Giveaway Trivia events each day in December. Past prizes have included charms, DoT, 2M coins, mounts,...

Merry Christmas everyone!

You sir host better and more rewarding events than a multi million $$$ company. Well done!

But it's a shame Frankie is too busy eating mince pies, and Monkey is too busy under the mistletoe to notice this and the other 2 threads.

This is the only game I play where the GMs haven't even issued a Christmas statement saying services will be slow due to them being with family, merry xmas to all etc. Useless GMs.

Merry Christmas b:cute
  • Titsania - Lost City
    Titsania - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Well out rightly failed the event yesterday since I had no idea what was going on. The quests failed even the boss quest failed, but I turned in with 0 contribution and got 5 stockings containing some exp page, 2 pages of fate and 4 socket stones. Today I took veno. Killed the mobs, killed the mini boss and killed the main boss, Dug a few items and got 4th overall and 1st place in class. 5 red stockings. Woot for top prizes right??? wrong.... I got 16 mirages, 1 page of fate and 8 socket stones.. I lost 2 guardian scroll and 1 rez scroll.. Don't think Ill mess with this again... Where are the snowmen. They were way more fun.
  • Atlantasia - Sanctuary
    Atlantasia - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    On Friday I did the xmas event, I got top of my class, and 5 yellow stockings... >.>; 8 mirgaes, 10 chips and 2 exp scroll things... that was so not worth the charm ticks of those phys rage mobs.... I mean really, I was excited all year about the snowmen, had it all planned out to level my pets, to fill my genies, to get my fireworks... only to be sorely disappointed in this game... again... *sigh* >.>; I really hope they make it up to the players, but I highly doubt they will, usually I spend xmas money on this game, not this year (I'm not even interested in the sales anymore, they'll be back some other time and for cheaper, no point in even buying now). I want my snowmen. I want decent events that have decent rewards, for all levels and all players.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I haven't even seen my reward for this stupid event. I've seen my punishment for it though. A burn through my mp food. I mean really, they spawn mobs that have a huge mana drain. I've got over 10k mana, and I had to spam mp food, use wings of protection, and triple spark as much as possible just to have the mana to take the mobs down. On top of that, a few charm ticks, using some crab meat to save my charm some...since I ran out of mp for ironheart. (Its sage, so 400 mp each cast. >.>) Now, with all of that, the game has the nerve to want to have contribution points for it. (Presumably who killed the most.) Not to QQ about aps, but I mean really...anyone who uses magic isn't high on that list...unless they are mp charmed. Heck, it took me a few minutes just to beat the first mob that I fought. I saw low aps melee classes having the same problem. If you use mana, you're punished in this event. Its sad when level 100 characters are typing to a regular mob "DIE already stupid mob." after they've been attacking the mob for a few minutes. On top of that the boss is somewhere way out there. I got mission complete, but I never even saw the boss. I was just riding my mount randomly around to look for it.

This is a Christmas event PWI. If you couldn't do the snowmen, then why not spawn some of those level 1 mobs found in every starting village which anyone can kill, and give them the drops, and all of the other bonuses of the snowmen. Guess it was too much to ask for something with the same type of reward for your playerbase. A manaburning mob which sucks my mana dry in seconds despite having over 10k of it is not fun...especially if you are an arcane...even moreso if you have and are using sage/demon skills...and a good deal of mines are sage, so they burn more mana...the mobs burn ridiculous amounts of mana, and all of my attacks and defense are mana related. Yeah. this was a real sucky event pwi. I get more pleasure from AOE'ing the mobs in starting villages so that newbies can have the drops. Guess you get pleasure from burning the mana of players that rely on skills forcing them to use their pots to stay in the game...or apoth...or a mp charm. What a way to have a lovely christmas event. Suck the mana dry from your arcane classes, and suck the life from them next. Then reduce the damage that melee classes which rely on skills use, by manaburning those skills away from them, then make the mobs have high defenses, so they have trouble taking them down, then make the mobs use magic attacks to hit them harder. Honestly, I think this christmas event was to promote the power of aps, high refines, and r9/nirvy. No one else could really do anything here...and those who did got a sucky reward.

Gee... Thanks.

Glad I didn't even try with my alts...its not like the event was for them anyways. None of them qualify since there are level restrictions.

Merry Christmas to you all. Have a wonderful holiday...and pwi, please do better with future events. This one sucks horribly, and is just terribad. Thanks. :D
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Atlantasia - Sanctuary
    Atlantasia - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Wall of Text

Yeah the mobs are like the Marriage Quest Bosses, you have to be in phys range of them for them to not do that, that's why as a veno I was hitting them in fox with my herc. My friend who was a cleric did well after we realized this and he got in close range and easily killed them. x.x but yes I do agree it was disappointing and I'd have hated to be a lower lvl doing this event...
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    the event sux....nuf sed
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Well out rightly failed the event yesterday since I had no idea what was going on. The quests failed even the boss quest failed, but I turned in with 0 contribution and got 5 stockings containing some exp page, 2 pages of fate and 4 socket stones. Today I took veno. Killed the mobs, killed the mini boss and killed the main boss, Dug a few items and got 4th overall and 1st place in class. 5 red stockings. Woot for top prizes right??? wrong.... I got 16 mirages, 1 page of fate and 8 socket stones.. I lost 2 guardian scroll and 1 rez scroll.. Don't think Ill mess with this again... Where are the snowmen. They were way more fun.

Imagine what would be snowmen then.

They would be hunting players.
  • surv
    surv Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I spent the last month building up an archer just to use a fast weapon for the snow man event. This is my 4th xmas in game and I am totally disappointed. If the people runing this game even give a dam about there income they should be having a bata testing going on all the time. In my last game i played for 6 years they did the same exact thing. I even wrote to the game begging them to please not make major changes to the basic of the game. What killed Ultima Online was the **** up big times and changing what creatures could and couldnt do. A riding beetle was a hugh accomplishment. Me and another fellow spent a week just trying to get our first one. Once we figured how to do it we found they were trainable. The game designers had allowed them to come strong enough to kill dragons. After about 6 months, they decided with out any word or reason changed the game so the beetle would die very easy. I put up with that after not playing for a whole week. i was sooo mad. They did decided to make us a really neet ride that took 6 of us healing the Tamer for 2 hours. It too was trainable and would kill dragons and other critters. Well that was too go too. So they decided to make it die in like 20 seconds from poison. And also they took away the ablilty to train it. Well, at the time an old freind who had left the game told me about this one. I played this one for 20 min and felt i had too many years invested into the other game. How ever 2 minutes in playing the other game, I realized how much I hated the 2d version(they had taken away the 3d version a few months earlier). I walked away imediately from an account worth over 1200 dollars in real and never looked back. Know I see the same here. I swear they make the games too techical and try to push new games. I got a message tonight to try out a free game of perfect world that is run by other pissed off players. I dont think Perfect World gets it. They are getting greedy and trying to move to fast intoducing new things with out proper testing. Good luck Perfect World and I am going to say the same thing I did to EA. I will never spend another dime on this game!!!!!!!!! I have spent 5 dollars on an old version of need for speed for a friends daughter so we can play together but that was the only reason i did it. But EA lost thousands of dollars just from me. I wonder if PWI will get it and use common sense to try and slow down, properly test, and really realize what they have here...
  • Aowenn - Archosaur
    Aowenn - Archosaur Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I don't know why everyone is complaining, even i got free stuff & i didn't even enter

This is what i got....

FREE lag ( awesome it was, froze me on the spot loads of times )
    Loads of spammers in chat ( oh wait, that's normal )
    Lost a few items because of this 'special' lag

Can't wait til next year
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i for one am sick and tired of how all these 'events' cater only to the high levels,(lv90+, with ubergear) with mobs no sane low level (- lv50 and lower) would dare. so how is it fare,or fun, when its only for one group of players, and others have nothing to have fun, because you idiots screwed up the snowmen? those were something that EVERYONE could enjoy, and get something useful from.

this year was a total failure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart