To aps or not to aps

Options
2»

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    When pvping with claws on a barb your going to get ra,ped a lot since we have no skills or stun locks from stopping them from moving or preventing our next skill. The best idea i have for you is....

oncault ice - triple spark - mighty swing - switch to claws and ****

(if you genie has enough str oncault shouldnt miss and with enough hp on the genie you can cast it twice)

Whiled I prefer aps barb for pve I think strength barbs have the edge in pvp and vit barbs have the edge in group pvp where other people can kill for them. Granted, an aps barb with 35k hp and 60+ defense levels endgame is still ridiculously tough to kill in 1v1. I'd still stick with axes most the time, moving to fists when either an Alacrity freezes them in place, they come in to melee you, or I'd switch up your combo to stun first (50% lvl 10/sage, 60% success rate demon) triple spark if it lands, then chain it with occult since with a good genie thats much more reliable and you can do the switchduring the triplespark while they're stunned.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Deago - Lost City
    Deago - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Whiled I prefer aps barb for pve I think strength barbs have the edge in pvp and vit barbs have the edge in group pvp where other people can kill for them. Granted, an aps barb with 35k hp and 60+ defense levels endgame is still ridiculously tough to kill in 1v1. I'd still stick with axes most the time, moving to fists when either an Alacrity freezes them in place, they come in to melee you, or I'd switch up your combo to stun first (50% lvl 10/sage, 60% success rate demon) triple spark if it lands, then chain it with occult since with a good genie thats much more reliable and you can do the switchduring the triplespark while they're stunned.

Well done b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nothing is true. Everything is Permitted.
    Ezio Auditore
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

I think there is a breaking point when you drop dexterity to 60 and put it all into strength. I always tell people even if they took away my ability to use claws I wouldn't touch my 200 dexterity. Critical hitting when you have r9, like I do, or G15 gets silly when you face opponents, especially if they are Light / Arcane Armor.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • LaYsDiL - Harshlands
    LaYsDiL - Harshlands Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    So what would u guys do...im working on full r9 only missing two peices atm weapon and badge...my barb is mostly just for tw and pvp i have a 5 aps sin to pve with...so guys should i go claws?
  • Deago - Lost City
    Deago - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    So what would u guys do...im working on full r9 only missing two peices atm weapon and badge...my barb is mostly just for tw and pvp i have a 5 aps sin to pve with...so guys should i go claws?

So you are missing 2 pieces of r9 and have a 5 aps sin, answer yourself here please. You can farm with your aps and still pwn as a barb dont go claw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nothing is true. Everything is Permitted.
    Ezio Auditore
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    if you already got a sin 5 aps, you can farm everything with him, and get more experienced with barb at pvp, with full r9 and high refines you'll be a pain in the *** for others, r9 barbs with 30k+ are really hard to kill.
  • ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide
    ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    NO. invest a few weeks levelling a bm to 100 for a farming toon.
    Only reason why Sakubatou has a aps barb is probably because his bm sucks balls and cant tank for ****.
    dont ruin what you have and just start a bm.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    if you already got a sin 5 aps, you can farm everything with him, and get more experienced with barb at pvp, with full r9 and high refines you'll be a pain in the *** for others, r9 barbs with 30k+ are really hard to kill.

I have a 5.0 sin/bm/archer/veno and barb. I'd never turn my barb back into pure vit it's to limited for the soul reason of pulling cata which I can still do without the full vit.....
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute