Exiirah - Lost City Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Btw, PWDB says teh following about this box:

45% 10 mirages
    40% 20 mirages
    15% 50 mirages

for an average of 20 mirage per box.

I'm still a bit QQ about the Fairy Boxes. At least I then had something to do in the game. Now I'm just pretty much doing BH and hopping on the roofs of West Archosaur. And for the past week it's been pretty much all Delta or Lunar, neither of which I do.

Thought i was the only one that did that b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Why do you guys even care about this sale? At current gold prices it's about 40k per mirage with those packs, it won't influence mirage prices one bit. And really, fairy boxes still drop in squad mode and some of the lower HHs are really easy to solo/duo - even in squad mode. It's not like you need to run 3-3 for them... Some people are just complaining for the sake of complaining.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Why do you guys even care about this sale? At current gold prices it's about 40k per mirage with those packs, it won't influence mirage prices one bit. And really, fairy boxes still drop in squad mode and some of the lower HHs are really easy to solo/duo - even in squad mode. It's not like you need to run 3-3 for them... Some people are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

the main point is, that it's a slap in the face to those who used to run a couple of solo modes a day for some mirages. Easy profit. Not much pots needed, no high repair costs and you can open it alone too. The only thing you had to pay were subs. I don't think anyone would care if they sold the mirages in cash shop, if they were still available in solo mode.
    Thing is, they took them out to lower the amount of mirages in the game. And then they put them in the cash shop. It doesn't make sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Thing is, they took them out to lower the amount of mirages in the game. And then they put them in the cash shop. It doesn't make sense.
    sure it does, they wanted more money and saw this as an avenue to get it
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

And some of us are complaining because were tired of PWI/PWE's bold faced lies. Anyone with half a brain can realize its stupid to buy those packs, its the fact that PWI/PWE is giving everything to people who pay and next to nothing to people who don't.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • mdot
    mdot Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

Wait say what ? How long have the lower BH/HH/FB bosses dropped fairy boxes? Oh wait do you mean TT?

Anyway... point is this has nothing to do with the way this will effect mirage prices. This is the latest in a long line of farm-able items/rewards that have been taken out from the game in some form and found their way in to a cash shop pack. Hitting the F2play users where it hurts. Some were removed because "Oh sorry this event was buggy so we turned it off" stash that warsoul helm an wings of cloud charger in a pack. Another set because "Hey guys making FC a exp instance" insert frost covered signs in pack. More recent "Hey every one china says no more easy to get rep" pull rep from DQ page and insert never ending rep sale in CS. With fairy boxes it was "Too many mirages out there" turns around an shoves a pack in. So you get the idea and players are tired of it.

Complaining for the sake of complaining ? Nah don't think so this time.

Now the big $25,000,000 question is since china dose not have pack sales due to strict gambling regulations did this come from the devs or the company state side ?
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Wow. Just.. wow. This is truly despicable and appaling of PWE to do. So much for 'too many mirages in the market.' These packs aren't even going to sell (well) anyway, you'd need to have half a brain to even think about purchasing one of these. At 50 silver a pop, and with gold ~1.8m thats 900k to recieve either 100k, 200k or 500k. Wonderful. It's truly a massive slap in the face to anyone who did solo mode TT for boxes; take them out 'because mirages have become too easy to acquire' and PWE wanted to help the mirage market'; then stick them in the cash shop? What?! That is such a giant oxymoron.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It wouldn't surprise me if they take out fairy boxes all together b:surrender
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    You guys realize that frankie's just doing his job, right? He tells you what he's told. None of that is his own opinion, it's the "company position".

On another note, I am actually appalled at how this was implemented. The developers say one thing, and then have PWE do something else entirely...

Yeah, perhaps he is doing his job? if you call doing his job by lying out of his teeth and never responding to us when we need answers, we get better answers out of the automated response from the support mail, I mean come on, he tells us that they were removed from solo mode to "protect the output balance of Mirage Celestones within the game", to start with, we all know that's b/s, simply because the balance of everything in this game was destroyed with packs anyway and when people like my self have thousands of mirages laying around...yeah I think the balance problem is already buggered.

Then here we are with a new pack that gives mirages to the CS'ers, instead in bigger bulks then the TT boxs and I bet you any money that frankie won't respond to this thread, even if it's to simply tell us he will "look into it", which of course, he won't anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    PWI is still free to play, but only if you grind or merch 24/7 and treat it like a job. If you want to casually play for a few hours a week, you will have to pay for the priviledge.

The way I see it, PWI is F2P. In some sorts there is a balance between rich and poor. There's people that got no job or too much time on their hands, those will farm. They got the time for it. The people that don't have the time, well, they usually got a job. So they got the money to afford stuff.

And it's always up to you where you are going and where your goals are. Do you want to be the +12 r9 psy that kills everything in one shot? Not a very realistic goal for a pure farmer.
    I personally used to care about cs, now I'm just here for my friends. It's so much more fun just playing the game, giving a dang about what's newest on sale ^.~

This sale: Yuck. Good move taking them out in solo mode but putting them into CS. But in the end.. Hey, crafting mats are in the cs too. And noone ever buys those overpriced things. So just another fail sale :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    GMs, you should take them out of squad mode too.

I don't think it's fair that I can solo squad mode and gain loads of free mirages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Perfect World International's integrity has been removed due to client instability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So just to keep me updated, I can now buy pretty much everything from the cash shop and gold is hanging around the 2m mark?

What possible reason would someone play this game over a private server, if they could get friends to follow?
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Wow you people are getting upset over what is essentially nothing.

1)These are not fairy boxes. They are a variant thereof, yes, but they are not the same item.

2)Solo mode removal of fairy boxes was claimed to reduce the flood of mirages in the economy. This pack changes nothing of that statement, mainly because you would need to be incredibly stupid and want to throw your coin away to get your mirages this way. The occasional sucker who falls for this and buy these packs is not going to affect the supply of these in the market.

3)Prices will not change. I get so many friggin mirages, I just NPC them. Between bh giving 55 of them (chance), the talisman, as drops in warsong/squad TT, the occasional few in the cube...they are everywhere as it is. This pack changes nothing at all from the current situation. As far as I'm concerned its a moot point these being in the cashshop, just another addition that will rarely get purchased by anyone, like the crafting mats.

4)This does not cater to heavy cashshoppers. Because what do cashshoppers care if mirage packs are in the boutique? They aren't going to buy them and catshop them, you may as well just buy them and NPC them and theres far better things to do this with anyway. They don't need them for refines (constant d-orb sale FTW). They are already 100 and getting more mirages than they want anyway via the ways I said above.
    Hmmm...9 gold for a couple hundred mirages or spend the gold on the other packs (anni, tiger, sunny, etc..)? I can't believe anyone would realistically think cashshoppers are going to be spamming mirages they don't need from the cashshop.

5)Everything ends up in the cashshop. I don't see why this is a surprise to anyone - especially given the history. This is a f2p mmo that profits from a microtransaction cashshop. Everytime they add something like this everyone seems so shocked and hurt and appalled. Maybe the first couple times 2 years ago.....but come on. I fully expect everything to be in the cashshop at some point, either directly or via packs.

Yes, I get the point that they are not farmable anymore via solo-mode. I am not disputing that, just saying the addition of these to the cashshop is moot.
  • Xinaeco - Harshlands
    Xinaeco - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Wow you people are getting upset over what is essentially nothing.

1)These are not fairy boxes. They are a variant thereof, yes, but they are not the same item.
    No one said they were o.o It's the same concept and you'd have to be stupid not to see that.
    2)Solo mode removal of fairy boxes was claimed to reduce the flood of mirages in the economy. This pack changes nothing of that statement, mainly because you would need to be incredibly stupid and want to throw your coin away to get your mirages this way. The occasional sucker who falls for this and buy these packs is not going to affect the supply of these in the market.
    They put them in cashshop with the intent to sell them, which would cause an influx in mirages which they said was the reason why fairy boxes were removed.
    3)Prices will not change. I get so many friggin mirages, I just NPC them. Between bh giving 55 of them (chance), the talisman, as drops in warsong/squad TT, the occasional few in the cube...they are everywhere as it is. This pack changes nothing at all from the current situation. As far as I'm concerned its a moot point these being in the cashshop, just another addition that will rarely get purchased by anyone, like the crafting mats.
    No one said they would change the price, it'd be more expensive to buy from cashshop than other players :p And this reference to crafting items has been stated like 50 times
    4)This does not cater to heavy cashshoppers. Because what do cashshoppers care if mirage packs are in the boutique? They aren't going to buy them and catshop them, you may as well just buy them and NPC them and theres far better things to do this with anyway. They don't need them for refines (constant d-orb sale FTW). They are already 100 and getting more mirages than they want anyway via the ways I said above.
    Hmmm...9 gold for a couple hundred mirages or spend the gold on the other packs (anni, tiger, sunny, etc..)? I can't believe anyone would realistically think cashshoppers are going to be spamming mirages they don't need from the cashshop.
    They still put these in with the intent to sell them to people who cashshop and removed them from *SOME* solo TTs where lowbie farmers could solo farm them. They are catering to cashshoppers, but you'd have to be dumb to buy it.
    5)Everything ends up in the cashshop. I don't see why this is a surprise to anyone - especially given the history. This is a f2p mmo that profits from a microtransaction cashshop. Everytime they add something like this everyone seems so shocked and hurt and appalled. Maybe the first couple times 2 years ago.....but come on. I fully expect everything to be in the cashshop at some point, either directly or via packs.

Yes, I get the point that they are not farmable anymore via solo-mode. I am not disputing that, just saying the addition of these to the cashshop is moot.

I agree with you there, but they need to check themselves. They tell us that fairy boxes were removed to decrease the amount on the server, but putting mirage packs in isn't gonna help, even /if/ people don't buy them, they intended on it happening. Again you'd have to be a fool to buy it lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NiightmareXz; lv 92 demon archer (retired)
    xinaeco; lv 9x sage veno (retired currently)
    lil nab secret cleric (main)
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    GMs, you should take them out of squad mode too.

I don't think it's fair that I can solo squad mode and gain loads of free mirages.

This.

High Five.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Perfect World International's integrity has been removed due to client instability.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    @ Ikarium
    mdot wrote: »
    Anyway... point is this has nothing to do with the way this will effect mirage prices. This is the latest in a long line of farm-able items/rewards that have been taken out from the game in some form and found their way in to a cash shop pack. Hitting the F2play users where it hurts. Some were removed because "Oh sorry this event was buggy so we turned it off" stash that warsoul helm an wings of cloud charger in a pack. Another set because "Hey guys making FC a exp instance" insert frost covered signs in pack. More recent "Hey every one china says no more easy to get rep" pull rep from DQ page and insert never ending rep sale in CS. With fairy boxes it was "Too many mirages out there" turns around an shoves a pack in. So you get the idea and players are tired of it.

Complaining for the sake of complaining ? Nah don't think so this time.

Them being mirages I don't care about, its whats PWE is doing, which imo is essentially making being a farmer obsolete.

Like someone put it before, They're pissing on us without the decency to even call it rain.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If they really wanted to kill f2p more they would never give us 2x drops I'm just glad they give us that at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If they really wanted to kill f2p more they would never give us 2x drops I'm just glad they give us that at least.

2x during this holiday period is the sign of a drowning man clutching for something that floats.
    The number of people who log in over the holidays drops off. College kids go home, grownups have plenty of holiday issues to enjoy or stress about, so game participation drops off. 2x is practically worthess anyway. 99% of all drops are mostly worthless now, so 2x worthless is not worth it. (At least at sub 100 levels)

XP is almost the same, why grind for 2 hours for 1/2 of 1 percent of a level and at 2x, 2 hours for 1 percent of a level. Not worth it. Running in circles.

If you want to advance you either pay/beg someone to level you while buying hypers and respect.

As I see it, this spending contest appeals less and less to me.
    Just some guy
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    You guys realize that frankie's just doing his job, right? He tells you what he's told. None of that is his own opinion, it's the "company position".

On another note, I am actually appalled at how this was implemented. The developers say one thing, and then have PWE do something else entirely...

Frankie is our contact to the devs and paid for it.
    So until a dev shows up on the forum, he's the one to blame
    If he is lied to, that his problem and he should take it up with them.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Frankie is our contact to the devs and paid for it.
    So until a dev shows up on the forum, he's the one to blame
    If he is lied to, that his problem and he should take it up with them.

Are you guys similarly unpleasant to your waitors/waitresses if something isn't prepared right in the Kitchen? Just because he's the one you should be taking your complaints to, that doesn't mean he is the one to blame. It wasn't his fault, and claiming it is just because he's you're go between is just messed up. Don't shoot he messenger as it's said here in the States. I for one wish we could a standardized complaint letter going in Chinese but that's probably impossible. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If you complain to a waiter, there is a chance that the owner might notice. There isn't a chance in hell that a dev even look at the forum. If you want your message to be heard, complain to the messenger.
    Once he cant take it any longer there is a chance he might mention it to the boss
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ...oh ****!!!.

what has PWE got against us trying to make a little money?!! while there are all you folks out there waving your plastic, some of us dont have that RL money to burn, so we have to find ways to make up the difference ingame. i swear, its like PWE puts in something, finds out that it is beneficial, and goes, 'oops, we did something right. gotta break it/take it away ASAP!"

so, no boxes in TT, and no snowmen (or none for a decent lenght of time.)

im really beginning to hate this company
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Xinaeco - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    2x during this holiday period is the sign of a drowning man clutching for something that floats.
    The number of people who log in over the holidays drops off. College kids go home, grownups have plenty of holiday issues to enjoy or stress about, so game participation drops off.

Unless you're Santa or one of his 1million elves, planning the holidays doesn't take up all day every day of the 2x event. I've already bought my christmas gifts, decorated for christmas, and bought all the stuff I need to make food for christmas dinners. Only thing left to do is wrap stuff and bake/cook things, but I wrap a few things once every 5 days and baking/cooking cant be done til christmas eve/christmas day. Inbetween that and socialising with family/friends, I have plenty of time to play pwi. 2x during the holidays isn't such a bad thing...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mdot
    mdot Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Are you guys similarly unpleasant to your waitors/waitresses if something isn't prepared right in the Kitchen? Just because he's the one you should be taking your complaints to, that doesn't mean he is the one to blame. It wasn't his fault, and claiming it is just because he's you're go between is just messed up. Don't shoot he messenger as it's said here in the States. I for one wish we could a standardized complaint letter going in Chinese but that's probably impossible. XD

Of course not. Now when said waiter/waitress lies to us repeatedly of course there will be unpleasantness aimed in their direction. Continuing along these lines if it was the kitchens mistake the competent waiter/waitress should catch this and correct it before the meal ever leaves the counter. They then notify the customer honestly of what occurred and follow up with the kitchen to make sure the customer is happy/taken care of. If on the other hand they look over the order, see it is not correct, and take it to the table anyway feigning shock that things are not as they should be (with hand extended for a tip afterwards) we have a situation like what has been repeatedly happening here. Making the waiter/waitress no longer just a go between but part of the problem itself.
  • Xinaeco - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    mdot wrote: »
    Of course not. Now when said waiter/waitress lies to us repeatedly of course there will be unpleasantness aimed in their direction. Continuing along these lines if it was the kitchens mistake the competent waiter/waitress should catch this and correct it before the meal ever leaves the counter. They then notify the customer honestly of what occurred and follow up with the kitchen to make sure the customer is happy/taken care of. If on the other hand they look over the order, see it is not correct, and take it to the table anyway (with hand extended for a tip afterwards) we have a situation like what has been repeatedly happening here. Making the waiter/waitress no longer just a go between but part of the problem itself.

Frankie doesn't really lie to us. The thing is, he gets info from the higher-ups, obviously. He relays the info to us and we accept it. But if something goes wrong or they can't accomplish said plans they just told Frankie, he has to come back and tell us the new news. He is JUST the messenger, he doesn't get paid to tell us his opinions on things, etc. If anything he says changes over a course of time, or never happens, it's not him "lying" to us, it's the higher ups not following through or finding something wrong with the previous info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    Segreta - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Excuse Me But...

Did someone actually noticed that they're in fact nerfed Fairy Boxes even from squad mode?

I noticed the other day,in a 3-1(Squad mode),a pair of things:
    - Some bosses does not drop boxes anymore(Like the first in 3-1),instead they dropped Perfect Stones(Like in TT 1-x)
    - Other bosses only dropped 2 or 3 boxes each,with 2x drops(Pretty sure it was 4-5+ at least)
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
    =,= <- My Barb *Used as Mount*
    >,o <- My Sin(Stealth all the time for no reason)
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The number of people who log in over the holidays drops off. College kids go home, grownups have plenty of holiday issues to enjoy or stress about, so game participation drops off. 2x is practically worthess anyway. 99% of all drops are mostly worthless now, so 2x worthless is not worth it. (At least at sub 100 levels)

XP is almost the same, why grind for 2 hours for 1/2 of 1 percent of a level and at 2x, 2 hours for 1 percent of a level. Not worth it. Running in circles.

If you want to advance you either pay/beg someone to level you while buying hypers and respect.

As I see it, this spending contest appeals less and less to me.

Well maybe useless to you but I actually make a lot of coin grinding over 2x periods even though I'm not 100 and can't do nirv. It makes grinding more tolerable than when they don't have 2x.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    im really beginning to hate this company

Yeah. Sad thing is that they're only going to get worse. =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook.com/tangyfox
    EX Legendary on Sanctuary
    Moved to LC to PK