New Wizard Skills

Options
Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
Rivi_V - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Wizard

Wizard

Reversal space-time tactics: curse ur target, his position will reset back to this point in 6sec, sucess rate 40%-80%(SF)

Range 30 meters
Mana 545
Channel 0.2 seconds
Cast 0.6 seconds
Cooldown 60.0 seconds

Requires 50 chi

Reversal HP tactics: curse ur target, his HP will reset back to this point in 6sec, sucess rate 40%-80%(SF)

Range 30 meters
Mana 545
Channel 0.2 seconds
Cast 0.6 seconds
Cooldown 60.0 seconds

Requires 50 chi

Guardian of sand: self buff, last 15min, decrease the chance of getting crit attack by 5%.

Mana 606
Channel 1.9 seconds
Cast 1.9 seconds
Cooldown 10.0 seconds

No chi cost (?)

Arcane Light: self buff, last 5min, each time u get hit by melee normal attack, u will be knocked away 20meters and will be purified. effect has 16sec cooldown.

Mana 1363
Channel 3.5 seconds
Cast 1.5 seconds
Cooldown 60.0 seconds

Requires 30 chi.

Ice World: has 67% chance freeze all enemies 12meters around for 2sec every 3second, last 9sec. enemies take 130% dmg if frozen.

Mana 1818
Channel 2.0 seconds
Cast 1.3 seconds
180.0 seconds cooldown

Requires 2 sparks.

Dark flame: debuff your target, each time he gets hit by any attack, he will be paralysed for 3sec, effect has 8sec cooldown.

Range 30 meters
Mana 909
Channel 1.3 seconds
Cast 1.2 seconds
Cooldown 90.0 seconds

Likely requires 1 spark (not 100% confirmed, just basing it off of google engrish translations with similarly worded phrases from archer skills as interpreted already by those of the archer forums). I suppose it could be 2.

Tai Xu Reversal space-time tactics / Reversal HP tactics: 60%-100% chance.

^ Each class has had a stronger version of their first skill(s) found on the bottom. Asterelle believes this to mean that the original version is obtained at level 80 and the 2nd version at 100. They are believed to require the 79 culti.

All credit goes to Korren. And thank you Vindis for the update.

BTW, here is a song which may represent the new Wizard skills? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo&ob=av3e
b:laugh

Oh and here is where you can find the rest of other class new skills: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1236251
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
Post edited by Rivi_V - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

Wizard

Reversal space-time tactics: curse ur target, his position will reset back to this point in 6sec, sucess rate 40%-80%(SF)

I hope it works in PvE too. Nice skill, I want to see the cooldown on it - I'm expecting more than 30 sec, maybe something close to 3 minute

Reversal HP tactics: curse ur target, his HP will reset back to this point in 6sec, sucess rate 40%-80%(SF)

bye bye charm saves

Guardian of sand: self buff, last 15min, decrease the change of getting crit attack by 5%.

I don't quite understand how this works : it actually decreases the attacker crit rate by 5%? or cancels 5% of the crits of the attacker? Not going deep into math here, but I have a feeling there's a big diff

Arcane Light: self buff, last 5min, each time u get hit by melee normal attack, u will be knocked away 20meters and will be purified. effect has 16sec cooldown.
    this was long overdue ... BUT ... woks over immobilize? I mean is the purify first then teleport?

Ice World: has 67% chance freeze all enemies 12meters around for 2sec every 3second, last 9sec. enemies take 130% dmg if frozen.

this + DB? b:dirty. cooldown? I hope decent enough to not be OP but be useful

Dark flame: debuff your target, each time he gets hit by any attack, he will be paralysed for 3sec, effect has 8sec cooldown.
    don't you love this against a barb? 3 sec paralize for 8 sec? gush/pyro takes about 1.6-7 sec to hit, so 4 hits without targe moving. I could love that

Tai Xu Reversal space-time tactics / Reversal HP tactics: 60%-100% chance.

All credit goes to Korren.

BTW, here is a song which may represent the new Wizard skills? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo&ob=av3e

Oh and here is where you can find the rest of other class new skills: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1236251

my view on things above (ya, I'm wiz too, this is farm char, read my signature or check my profile).

they gave wizards what they needed since 5 aps madness started: control skills. Other classes got buffs too, but this is a set of skills a good wizard can work with.
    Well, at least in theory, let's see the costs and the cooldowns .
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Haaai Ursa <3 Just realized this is you.

Cannot wait for those skills. Looking forward to it more than to any other expansion.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    'sup fool b:victory

b:chuckle

ya, well my wiz is mostly offline except when I'm tired so I'm selling nirv keys or doing BH...I'm a **** ton of time online (morning and evening EST) on this toon tho (and of course trolling on forum from work, lol)
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Figured you might wanna roll a sin on a PvE server, lol ;) I got one for farming as well but I just can't stand PvPing on it. So I got my nice little wiz I am gearing up right noww.. Or all the time, lol.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

• X_Rays - Sanctuary
    X_Rays - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The best PVE new skill for wizard is Ice World. It freezes like Occult Ice and coupled with sage DB (20% chance to stun)...amazing
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Are you sure it's the same freeze as Occult Ice, a stun, or is it just an immobilize?

• X_Rays - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Are you sure it's the same freeze as Occult Ice, a stun, or is it just an immobilize?

Yea, I'm pretty sure the freeze is similar to Occult Ice. Here are my own translation to wizard's skills (I tried to be as precise as possible):

Dimension Swap: Using this skill will mark the target's current position, and making the target return to that position in 6 seconds. If you and your target have the same soulforce, the success rate is 60%. Between same-leveled players, the success rates varies between 40% and 80% depending on the soulforce. The skill does not work against enemies 5 levels above, and only usable on big maps.

Reverse Flow: Using this skill will mark the target's current HP, and making the target's HP return to that value in 6 seconds. If you and your target have the same soulforce, the success rate is 60%. Between same-leveled players, the success rates varies between 40% and 80% depending on the soulforce. The skill does not work against enemies 5 levels above.

Guardian of Sand: Decrease the chance of getting hit by a critical strike by 5%, lasts 15 minutes.

Arcane Light: Adds a self-buff. During the buff time, getting hit by a close-ranged normal attack will repel the wizard 20m away from the target, and also purify the wizard from all negative status. The effect lasts 5 minutes and only works once per 16 seconds.

Ice World: Has a 67% chance to freeze all enemies 12 meters around you for 2 seconds every 3 seconds. Lasts 9 seconds. Enemies take 130% damage if frozen. The frozen effect is similar to the genie skill Occult Ice. But it does not interfere with Occult Ice.

Dark Flame: Debuff your target. When the target is debuffed, every attack will freeze the target for 3 seconds. The effect only triggers once every 8 seconds. Total effect lasts 45 seconds.

Great Void*Dimension Swap: Using this skill will mark the target's current position, and making the target return to that position in 6 seconds. If you and your target have the same soulforce, the success rate is 80%. Between same-leveled players, the success rates varies between 60% and 100% depending on the soulforce. The skill does not work against enemies 5 levels above, and only usable on big maps.

Great Void*Reverse Flow: Using this skill will mark the target's current HP, and making the target's HP return to that value in 6 seconds. If you and your target have the same soulforce, the success rate is 80%. Between same-leveled players, the success rates varies between 60% and 100% depending on the soulforce. The skill does not work against enemies 5 levels above.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If it wasn't for Wuild Gars 2, I would probably play my wizzy again. b:surrender
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • MerlinBG - Lothranis
    MerlinBG - Lothranis Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If it wasn't for Wuild Gars 2, I would probably play my wizzy again. b:surrender

• BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Predictions: wizzies gonna be "poppin' up like toaster bread"
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Predictions: wizzies gonna be "poppin' up like toaster bread"

+1 to this. All the "I need a strong class where I don't have to put effort in to win." people will level one as soon as the skilled players start winning more and more.. that's how it was with psys lol.

• BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    probelm is, with them buffing all the other classes as well, hard to say where it all washes out. I wouldn't be surprised if wizards are still at the bottom of the barrel.

Apparently, archers get stealthb:surrender
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Well sin skills aren't that great, psy skills are decent but not nearly as good as wizard ones. And BMs get a buff they deserve when tehy have to deal with auto-shrinking wizards. I think it will shift the power a little, maybe we will have some.. semblance.. of balance, lol.

• DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    After looking at all the skills, I really do have a lot of hope for pvp balance. Sins really are getting the least from this update, with psys not being far behind.

Clerics seem to be getting skills to make them more offensive, earthguard are getting the "third eye" ability that let's them detect stealthed chars.

Archers are getting stealth, but it seems that they either can't move while stealthed, or it cost 50mp/sec to stay in stealth. Hopefully it's the former, because mp cost is a non factor with herbs.

I do think wizards are getting the best moves though. Just that knockback skill seems awesome. From what I understand, it moves us back 20 meters, which could be amazing for dealing with stealth ganks. It apparently purifies then moves us, so it will force sins to start fights with a movement buff or a teleport, plus it wastes their opening skill.

And the knockback only has a 16second cool down. In those 16 seconds we can use distance shrink, which will buy a few seconds, and FoW which gives even more time. Not to mention this new paralyze skill we'll be getting, or proc effects from skills like hailstorm that could buy us more time.
    And that's without using a genie. Throw in a dex genie and we'll be impossible for mele's to hold down.
  • kyralily
    kyralily Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Haaai Ursa <3 Just realized this is you.

Cannot wait for those skills. Looking forward to it more than to any other expansion.

HAHAHHAAHA TOO BAD YOU'RE DEMON, THESE SKILLS ARE SUPER BENEFICIAL TO SAGE WIZARDS LOLLALIUS

usuck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Options
    They are also beneficial to demons :p The more control, the better. Stop raging about me changing culti, gosh. >_>

• X_Rays - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    They are also beneficial to demons :p The more control, the better. Stop raging about me changing culti, gosh. >_>

Grats for going to hell. Now instead of wasting 2 sparks on BIDS, you can demon spark and kill more people. b:sin
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Grats for going to hell. Now instead of wasting 2 sparks on BIDS, you can demon spark and be roflganked instantly. b:sin

fixed
  • X_Rays - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    fixed

Wizard has always been the top priority for ganking in group pvp. Spark or no spark.
  • Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Im ok with the wizards the way they are right now, expt when facing sins. These new skills are just going to be luxury skill for me b:dirty

Edit on grammar (Forgive me as English is my 2nd language)
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Same. I can already kite all meles except sins from ether to plume, so this new (self?) knockback is just going to be awesome.
  • Kalishana - Archosaur
    Kalishana - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Well a bad part... You pros will now seem less pro cuz everyone can now Kite All melees from ether to plume... Lols... Time to mass level so i can look pro by legitly Kiting...

****... i dont wanna Hyper or FC tho... i guess I should just hope this gets released in like 1 year...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Silvy for the signature b:laugh.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    meh it's true that kiting will be way easier, but wizards that could kite well before this new skill will just be that much better once it comes out. It gives us more options and I'm sure it'll be useful.

Besides, it's not like kiting is that hard to learn.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I don't think anyone has mentioned yet how these skills can actually kill us lol. If you have this skill on and you are in TW or mass pk, you better be damn lucky/careful you don't get auto blinked into a bigger threat/group of people.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    1) it's a spell, not passive buff. So if it's really an issue then simply don't use it during TW.
    2) if moving backwards 20 meters puts you into a more dangerous situation during TW, then your fac is doing it wrong. And if you're surrounded like that, then you're screwed anyways

Now I can see what you mean in that if you 1v1 someone that happens to be behind you and the mele you, then yes this autoblink could be an issue. But that's a really rare situation that could be easily solved by blinking behind the mele or turning your back to them when they're about to hit you.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    What it you go to nuke a group in TW, turn around to face the other way and move away, and a sin pops from stealth and hits you. Oops, you're right in the heart of their DD's. Obviously you can get out of it, but this means you need to waste a lot of stuff to do so.

Also, if you're hitting a cata barb and someone hits you while it's on, you'll blink back and have the barb live. Sucks

Though I wonder if this skill can be turned on/off like chill of the deep.
  • Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    "Arcane Light: self buff, last 5min, each time u get hit by melee normal attack, u will be knocked away 20meters and will be purified. effect has 16sec cooldown."

The skill only say knocked away though guys, not back. for eg, if someone attacked from the right, you will be knocked away 20m to the left. Also note, it also say melee normal attack so it may not effect skill attacks?? Im not to sure about it so I may be wrong.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i think it only affects normal attacks, not skills. It's an anti aps skill, would be way op if it worked for every melee attack. Also you guys seem to forget that the other classes get boosted too. Look at the new BM skills. They will be freaking hard to kite, even with the new skill. Especially when they run around with R9 axes and don't normal hit you at all.

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

Fool , don't tell me u play Wuild Gars 2 already...Is the effin beta out or u got an inside track to closed Alpha?

Anyway, the new skills might be worth playing for until Wuild Gars 2 goes life (I'll drop this game the second I get access to WG2). We'll see the cost/time to get all of them, but I might go back 100% on my wiz for PvP/TW. I guess the current crop of "PVP/PK-ers" are nightmare free for way too long b:chuckleb:laugh.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Im ok with the wizards the way they are right now, expt when facing sins. These new skills are just going to be luxury skill for me b:dirty

Edit on grammar (Forgive me as English is my 2nd language)

Wizzies need these new kiting skills because the chasing abilities of some of the other melees just got stronger as well. Not only is BM now going to be able to telestun on top of you (like a Sin), they are also getting a lock down skill as well that not only holds you in place, but you will also get dragged along wherever BM wants to go. Try kiting that with your old wizard skills. b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.