Evolution: Dungeon Master > Bards Tale > Ultima > Archlord > Perfect World

Leader of faction: REJECTED | Recruiting FUBAR players since 2010 |FREE BEER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Shadowphreak - Lost City on

Comments

• Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    My walmarts do. One seems to only have them for about a week every month though, they haven't figured out they need more stock.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    The Target where I used to live stopped stocking them. I avoid Wl*Mart like the plague, and besides, the nearest one is a good 45 minute to 3 hour drive away, depending on traffic. I could check the 7-eleven just around the corner some time tomorrow though.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Try gamestop. I think i saw prepaid cards like once at my walmart... Never saw them again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • HadesHound - Raging Tide
    HadesHound - Raging Tide Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I can get them at Game Stop, Rite-Aid and Walmart here in Waterville. Not bad for a city with only 18k trolls living in it. (the Rite-Aid here in town knows I'd level the place if they ever ran out lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's not the years that matter, it's the milage that has true meaning. Do not spend your life trying to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Walk the best path you can, and enjoy that journey.
    And ladies... Save a cowboy, ride a brony!
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    all of the 1000 walgreens near me have them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Try gamestop. I think i saw prepaid cards like once at my walmart... Never saw them again.

Gamestop has a tax on them in certain areas. I buy them from Target(tax free b:victory). Walmart is supposed to carry them, but I haven't seen any, save for a 10$ one that was dusty and old. Just depends on what is put in the delivery trucks the night before.

Those prepaid cards are usually not top priority unless they're some Zinga/Facebook **** cards.
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    the last time I was at the Target in my area (a week or two or so ago) it was carrying the 10 and 20 dollar versions of the Pre-Paid Cards. I can't speak about Walmart as I haven't been there in a while, but I would assume that they still carry them in my area. Not sure though, but the gaming industry (Tabletop RPG's, Videogames, TCG's, etc...) in general in my area seems to be a rather popular and in demand, so take that for what its worth.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Gamestop has a tax on them in certain areas. I buy them from Target(tax free b:victory). Walmart is supposed to carry them, but I haven't seen any, save for a 10$ one that was dusty and old. Just depends on what is put in the delivery trucks the night before.

Those prepaid cards are usually not top priority unless they're some Zinga/Facebook **** cards.

The tax is actually governed by the store, I informed my local Gamestop that purchasing the cards is the equivalent of a funds transfer transaction and therefore not taxable. Your gamestop may simply be confused and believe that the card allows access to the game itself in which case it is taxable. It's basically the difference between a access fee card (taxable) and a gift card (non-taxable).
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Voidbreaker - Lost City
    Voidbreaker - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    The tax is actually governed by the store, I informed my local Gamestop that purchasing the cards is the equivalent of a funds transfer transaction and therefore not taxable. Your gamestop may simply be confused and believe that the card allows access to the game itself in which case it is taxable. It's basically the difference between a access fee card (taxable) and a gift card (non-taxable).

hey lypi. its sticky good to see you still play this game!

edit: to stay on topic, the 7-eleven nearest me, which is a 5 minute walk from my apt, stocks every prepaid card known to man, and then some, they even carry farmville prepaids lol!
    You can't kill me, I was born dead.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    All the "Targets, Walmarts, 7-11s & Gamestops" where I'm at, still carry the Cards....

It must just be some sorta local problem for your area?

Maybe they're just being lazy about ordering more, or maybe your local Government is causing **** about the fact that the Paycards not being givin a tax fee for purchasing? So maybe they're blocking the cards from returning to your area 'Until they can spounge more money off of ya' So they can tax ya for them???b:bye
    edited December 2011
    seitori wrote: »
    or maybe your local Government is causing **** about the fact that the Paycards not being givin a tax fee for purchasing? So maybe they're blocking the cards from returning to your area 'Until they can spounge more money off of ya' So they can tax ya for them???b:bye

technically since the cards are gift cards, I don't think they really can tax you for them even if they wanted to as my understanding is that taxing a gift card is in effect an illegal action. But then again I could be wrong on this one.
    edited December 2011
    technically since the cards are gift cards, I don't think they really can tax you for them even if they wanted to as my understanding is that taxing a gift card is in effect an illegal action.

Thats been my understanding of it as well. I have never once been taxed for such cards, be they for PWI, Combat Arms, Facebook, or Farmville. (probably be a full grand tax paid out if they did tax them -_-;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's not the years that matter, it's the milage that has true meaning. Do not spend your life trying to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Walk the best path you can, and enjoy that journey.
  • seitori
    edited December 2011
    technically since the cards are gift cards, I don't think they really can tax you for them even if they wanted to as my understanding is that taxing a gift card is in effect an illegal action. But then again I could be wrong on this one.

LOL....b:laugh

Since when has anything like that ever stopped these greedy government scumbag types from trying to legally (Scam/Tax) us on anything we do (or anything that happens around us)??!!!b:chuckle

Where I'm back at in Utah (Heaven help me: I liked it better when I lived in Cali, Illinois or even Conneticut), the A**Hole's here in SLC, Utah, Actually tax everyone for the natural act of RAIN!! b:shocked, as if its all our faults that it happens. (I'm so glad I moved out into the Burb's, and outta their taxing jurisdiction.)

LOLz, they actually pushed that 1 through the local government as part of their reasons, believe it or not, they made it their legal right to tax everyone in SLC with more added taxes everytime it Rains....b:pleased

Compared to that, and the fact we all already get charged transaction fee's by the banks everytime we use our own bank accounts to use our own money, Lol.. The next logical step too that would be some scummy politicians trying to tax us for that currency transference type aswell, you know how the greedy 1s are, they all suck it! Big Time..... ROFLMAO!!b:laugh

But yeah, their not supposed to be able to tax on the cards, since it is just like a currency transference, like with Gift Cards.... But in this Greedy Lil'day and corrupt age, it wouldn't suprise me, if some local government scumbags, are trying to get away with some warped reasoning that they should have the right to tax us for things like the cards & other stuff like our need to breath air, I'm suprised they haven't tried taxing us for that 1 yet too..... LOLOLOL....
    edited December 2011
    I just read an article about the so called Rain Tax that you reference in your post Seitori. Fact is that it would actually be more accurate to refer to it as a Stormdrain Utility or something similar as it is a utility for the maintenance of the cities stormdrains and nothing more or less. It especially addresses the issue of maintaining those drains situated next to a landowner's property. So saying that they are in fact taxing an act of nature is somewhat inaccurate. While they can tax bottled water, they cannot tax water obtained from a lake or river or other natural body of water (assuming you can find one that is clean enough to drink from).

As far as the Transaction Fee's for using your own bank account to make transactions? You must be using a pretty crappy bank if you get charged transaction fee's for inconsequential purchases... unless your purchases are somewhere in the realm of hundreds of dollars at a time? I have never once been charged more than I expected to be charged for using my bank. The only time I get service fee's on my bank account is when I don't make a specified number of purchases using a predetermined means of transaction service.

Also for reference sake, not everything that happens with regard to money is determined entirely by the government. For example, in a Trading Card Game I sometimes play, there are sometimes releases of gift packs that have a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) somewhere around 39.99 plus sales tax. However often times the stores that stock them due to the limited stock of these items and the high demand for these items, will frequently charge as much as 130 dollars per individual item. This is a result of the supply and demand market of our society, and not a result of taxes or anything like that. Similarly I could see some specialty stores charging more for the pre-paid cards for perfect world international than the stipulated retail price if they have a limited stock and the demand is significant enough for them to want to make some sort of profit on them somehow. Though I am not entirely certain exactly how the rules for the pre-paid cards for this game are worked, or if they are done in a similar fashion to how Sony determines the price of it's brand new playstation systems (people selling the new playstation systems are under contract to sell them for a specified price and not at a higher or lower price range if I remember correctly).
  • seitori
    edited December 2011
    I just read an article about the so called Rain Tax that you reference in your post Seitori. Fact is that it would actually be more accurate to refer to it as a Stormdrain Utility or something similar as it is a utility for the maintenance of the cities stormdrains and nothing more or less. It especially addresses the issue of maintaining those drains situated next to a landowner's property. So saying that they are in fact taxing an act of nature is somewhat inaccurate. While they can tax bottled water, they cannot tax water obtained from a lake or river or other natural body of water (assuming you can find one that is clean enough to drink from).

As far as the Transaction Fee's for using your own bank account to make transactions? You must be using a pretty crappy bank if you get charged transaction fee's for inconsequential purchases... unless your purchases are somewhere in the realm of hundreds of dollars at a time? I have never once been charged more than I expected to be charged for using my bank. The only time I get service fee's on my bank account is when I don't make a specified number of purchases using a predetermined means of transaction service.

Also for reference sake, not everything that happens with regard to money is determined entirely by the government. For example, in a Trading Card Game I sometimes play, there are sometimes releases of gift packs that have a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) somewhere around 39.99 plus sales tax. However often times the stores that stock them due to the limited stock of these items and the high demand for these items, will frequently charge as much as 130 dollars per individual item. This is a result of the supply and demand market of our society, and not a result of taxes or anything like that. Similarly I could see some specialty stores charging more for the pre-paid cards for perfect world international than the stipulated retail price if they have a limited stock and the demand is significant enough for them to want to make some sort of profit on them somehow. Though I am not entirely certain exactly how the rules for the pre-paid cards for this game are worked, or if they are done in a similar fashion to how Sony determines the price of it's brand new playstation systems (people selling the new playstation systems are under contract to sell them for a specified price and not at a higher or lower price range if I remember correctly).

Now if only they used the money from the tax to,0 clean the Rain Gutters your textbook reading of it, it would be alright.. But they seldom do use it for that, unless ya lived it ya wouldn't know how much they diverted for their personal uses instead of their (written/fake) intentions, its why I'm glad I moved away from them and their BS.....b:victoryb:thanks

Nothing like watching them start the tax, then say it didn't work so they raise it again for the umpteenth time, all while they use the road maintaining fees, to build them and their personal families a (Non Public)
    Brand New Top of the Line (MuLtI-TeEr) Parking garage, with Security stations & guards at the entrances (24/7), you'd have too be blind not to see where that money really went...b:chuckle

"Thats how it normally goes here, usually... Corruption doesn't even get close to describing it sometimes, but what do ya expect from a state where they passed a law where the local (House of Reps) here, can legally close whatever sessions they want at anytime they want too close it from the public view (They can boot anyone from the chamber at their Leasure, even if they were in it from the start of the session, and nothing on the debate list was of a (Sensitive Nature), they can still kick you legally, without a real reason, even if you act like a silent window dressing or saint?!) so they can prevent everyone from hearing what the questionable bill debates are really able to expose, as the hidden BS they hide in the bills, comes pouring out...They just pass them, then let us find out that we weren't allowed to know about the BS till it was already passed, and then they call it Legal FAIR & Binding, DeMoCrAcY In AcTiOn?!?....~,~'

Chicago Eat Your Hearts Out! Lame A**D Corrupt politics live here too, LOLOLOLOL!!!!"
    ^v^'
  • ahasbrook
    ahasbrook Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    So u can go down to your local 7eleven and get PWI prepaided cards. u set price max is $50. done a few but havent in a few weeks. u know X_mas and all b:chuckle
  • Synsae - Sanctuary
    Synsae - Sanctuary Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Not sure about other places but I know the Rite-Aid nearest me (a 15 minute drive) still sells them... bought some yesterday in fact.

Which is a good thing for me... cause Rite-Aid is the only place near me that sells them and I'd probably have to go to Augusta or Bangor to buy more (and I really don't want to drive that far to buy pre-paid cards)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Silvychar
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    They tried that rain tax in Michigan, I think in the capital IIRC and the Michigan Supreme Court ruled that since it did not meet any of the criteria for a user fee for storm drains, a user fee having the following qualities:

1) a user fee is designed to defray the costs of a regulatory activity (or government service), while a tax is designed to raise general revenue; 2) a true user fee must be proportionate to the necessary costs of the service, whereas a tax may not be; and 3) a user fee is voluntary whereas a tax is not.

It was in fact a rain tax, no matter what they tried to pretend it was, and was unconstitutional. Someone in Utah should really challenge that. Houston, Texas is doing something like that too, I believe. Since they are trying the same user fee trick, it would be worth taking Utah to court over it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited December 2011

Which is a good thing for me... cause Rite-Aid is the only place near me that sells them and I'd probably have to go to Augusta or Bangor to buy more (and I really don't want to drive that far to buy pre-paid cards)

Mind if I add you as a friend?b:pleased
    I buy my cards from the Waterville Rite-Aid all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Synsae - Sanctuary
    Synsae - Sanctuary Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, sure, go ahead I don't mind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Silvychar
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Gamestop and Walgreens have it here locally to me, Wal-Mart does not, I've never seen them at Wal-Mart, or the Rite-Aid here too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited December 2011
    The Game Stop up buy Starbucks just tried to tax the cards I was gonna buy. They did not like the fact that I informed them that taxing gift cards was illegal. (especially since I made sure that all those in the store heard. How much you wanna bet that Game Stop is just pocketing the so called "tax" they are charging? How much more shall we sweeten the pot with on whether or not Game Stop bans me from the store after I report them?

(beginning to suspect that maybe those Occupy people might have the right idea...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Wal-Mart does carry them, just low stock o.o i don't get the actual PWE cards i get Ultimate Game Cards, they carry more of them than they do PWE cards.
  • Shadowphreak - Lost City
    Shadowphreak - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Wal-Mart does carry them, just low stock o.o i don't get the actual PWE cards i get Ultimate Game Cards, they carry more of them than they do PWE cards.

Ultimate Game Cards?! Didn't know these worked with PWI...?! Or am I missing something here...

Funny I was looking at all the new game cards they offer now, so I d/l a bunch of them last night, and tried them. They all suck bad. Most are simply facebook type games ported over (does that make sense?).

Anyways, long live PWI, Best F2P on the market.
    Evolution: Dungeon Master > Bards Tale > Ultima > Archlord > Perfect World

Leader of faction: REJECTED | Recruiting FUBAR players since 2010 |FREE BEER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Ultimate Game Cards?! Didn't know these worked with PWI...?! Or am I missing something here...

Funny I was looking at all the new game cards they offer now, so I d/l a bunch of them last night, and tried them. They all suck bad. Most are simply facebook type games ported over (does that make sense?).

Anyways, long live PWI, Best F2P on the market.

Yeah UGC works for PWI
    edited December 2011
    I have been using the UDC's a lot lately, mainly because I thinnk I am responsible for depleting all of the PWI cards from the local Rite-Aid b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    best, safe easy way to do it is Paypal, no tax
    complete transaction and if it glitches ( it has once for me )

Paypal might throw you a bone because its usually there process system ( yay 5 bucks back for spending 10 bucks )

:-)

Do offers how ever :-) you may yield more then you think
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    they sell them at target and gamstop.dumbass
    edited December 2011
    best, safe easy way to do it is Paypal, no tax
    complete transaction and if it glitches ( it has once for me )

Paypal might throw you a bone because its usually there process system ( yay 5 bucks back for spending 10 bucks )

:-)

Do offers how ever :-) you may yield more then you think

Yeah... with all the Paypal scams I have seen lately, I think I will stick with cards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Yeah... with all the Paypal scams I have seen lately, I think I will stick with cards

paypal scams? you pay directly through Paypal

ive had an account for 10 years. Paypal is the direct opposite of scams they give you **** back when they **** up : Paypal if your watching give me a job:

BTW payal is your safest best bet.

i would NEVER buy anything online from Zen to stuff on Ebay with out them.
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )