What does your name represent?

Comments

• Cleopatra - Raging Tide
    Cleopatra - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I'm a history buff and I've always been a fan of queens of the past. Ancient Egypt is one of my favorite eras and Cleopatra happens to be my all time fave queen. So it just worked out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AssMuncher - Momaganon
    AssMuncher - Momaganon Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    My Name
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2011
    My name has actually gone through a few derivatives before it became what it is now.

Originally it was BlackThunder, which was taken from Red Lightning Black Thunder, written by Colonel Jimmie H. Butler. The book was a pretty good read. My altter-ego in-games was WhiteLightning. =P

Later, working in car audio, my friends re-named my SilentThunder, (later spelled SilenThunder), because of my audio containment methods. It's pretty sweet when you can push 5,000 watts in a car audio system and not hear it projected more than 10 feet from the car with the windows down. (Dynomat and computer designed boxes FTW!)

At some point it became cool to mis-spell things with similar sounding letters and thus came SylenThunder.

It also fits the way I play. I like being the sleeper. The one that gets under-estimated until it's to late. Back in my racing days I had a Chevy Corsica that looks and (almost) sounded completely stock. Then I'd leave a ramped up 454 laying in the dust on 1/4 mile strips. They never saw it coming.
    Before Rank 9 came out, I was a force to be reckoned with. Sadly, I will not be able to continue that legacy because I can't validate spending that kind of money on pixels that could disappear at any time. I do enjoy helping people and teaching/writing so I continue with my guides and in-game helping and training.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • telisus
    telisus Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Telisus

the name and cleric/healer I have used in every single game I have ever played since
    1990'ish

it started with then SRE - Solar Realms Elite then
    Barren Realms Elite
    earth2025
    The Realm
    Neverwinter Nights
    Ultima Online
    Dark Age of Camelot
    Everquest 1
    Everquest 2
    Guildwars
    World of ********
    Voyage Century Online

and various other long forgotten games in between :D
  • vias9x7
    vias9x7 Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    PRIN(cess)
    + ELLA (random name i chose)
    PRINella
    |
    |
    v

PRINELLA b:victory

Prinella b:cute
  • /Mangetsu - Dreamweaver
    /Mangetsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    i think my name means "full moon" according to google translator b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Bokusatsu_ - Heavens Tear
    _Bokusatsu_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    My clerics name is Bokusatsu which means "Beat to death" in japanese (Or i think so atleast)

The irony.
  • Eyr - Dreamweaver
    Eyr - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    My first cleric's name is "Mneme" and was named after one of the ancient muses . She was the muse of memory. I often use that name around the internet. My second cleric, "Eyr", is an alternate spelling of "Eir" a Norse goddess whose name means "heal" or "mercy" and was associated with medicinal skill. (The name seems popular as I've seen a guild by the name "Eir" on Dreamweaver.) My baby cleric is "hoshikaze", male, and fashioned after Gene Starwind of Outlaw Star. He's named "hoshikaze" because every variation of Gene Starwind was taken. b:chuckle ("hoshi" = star; "kaze" = wind in Japanese)
  • mykall1
    mykall1 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Mana O.O?
    Divine Power
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Mitachi means Myths according to google.

But i watch naruto so i basically took the name Itachi and added a M to make it feminine.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    My Cleric's name Aryami is, more or less, something I made up myself. I like making my own names and all of my PWI characters are based on a story/comic I'm writing.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Mstrsdragon - Sanctuary
    Mstrsdragon - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    A couple of years back I was a pseudo goth wanna be, and adopted the name Mystress Dragon Fyre. I chose Mystress because I felt Lady just didn't fit me, and substituted y's for the i's because I thought it lent a medieval feel to my name. As for Dragon, I was born in the year of the dragon. In game I had to shorten it a bit, thus mstrsdragon.
  • Kyuusei - Raging Tide
    Kyuusei - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    So basically Kyuusei means both Salvation and Sudden Death.Tricky name for a cleric. >:3
  • YourbellaC - Harshlands
    YourbellaC - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    yourbella
    Named fr my dog > If only i could be as good a friend as a clericb:cute
  • Neffelim - Dreamweaver
    Neffelim - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    My name has its origins to a biblical reference were the Nephelim where fallen angels. I picked it cuz I like the sound of it b:chuckle
  • gingifurrr
    gingifurrr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    SlayBelle is a play on sleigh bells. Just thought it sounded cute. Sounds tough but I'm really a big carebear. Maybe it will fit me more endgame when I'm not getting randomly one shot by sins 20 levels higher than me.

I have a cleric on a different account on the Lost City server named DaiDarling. Dai came from a Deftones song called Dai the Flu. And she's a darling. It's kind of also a reference to the Misfits song Die, Die my Darling. I just recently started a new account on the Harshlands server because I frosted and cash shopped a bit and wanted to play straight up grinding and questing on my new cleric.

I really like the idea of naming my characters after mythological creatures and deities - all but the most obscure (and even some of those) are taken up. So I like to just play with words to come up with original names. I used Dai and Doll in a lot of them. I try to make a name that fits the class and race. I'm the same with editing their looks. I try to make my elves look elfie. When I was a kid I read a lot of Dragonlance books so I picture elves as being tall, thin, and kind of exotic and regal with silver hair.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    That it's awn now.

Come at me bro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • $oul_Reaver - Archosaur
    $oul_Reaver - Archosaur Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    b:angryb:angryb:angryMY NAME represents Soul Reaver as taking place within the fictional world of Nosgoth, where the health of the land is tied to the nine Pillars of Nosgoth.....

Soul T A K E R......

It is generally agreed that a Reaver's strength lies in the Flexible weapon styles, which tend

to be situational or positional in nature. However ITS SIMPLY

SOUL REAVER I TAKE THE SOUL OUT UR BODY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    b:angryb:angryb:angryMY NAME represents Soul Reaver as taking place within the fictional world of Nosgoth, where the health of the land is tied to the nine Pillars of Nosgoth.....

Soul T A K E R......

It is generally agreed that a Reaver's strength lies in the Flexible weapon styles, which tend

to be situational or positional in nature. However ITS SIMPLY

SOUL REAVER I TAKE THE SOUL OUT UR BODY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

rainbow text AHH...it burns!
    you shoulda named yourself $kittles b:beatup
    (welcome to the cleric forum btw? O_o)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • Lysiena - Dreamweaver
    Lysiena - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    My clerics name is Lysiena, translated to mean "shine in a stream" in Swedish. But everyone shortens it to lys, which just means shine. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Avatar is glitched again. b:bored
  • Guddah - Archosaur
    Guddah - Archosaur Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I like cheese.
  • Atake - Raging Tide
    Atake - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I just went mad when I typed in my name. Everything was taken, but finally I managed to get a name. I picked it up in french class, originally attaque, meaning attack, but i tweaked it a bit, and got Atake. Aparently its spanish or something, so it frequently happen every so often that I get a random pm asking "br?" more often than before D: I regret my name so bad.. Oh well, in ventrilo, people pronounce it atakkii, which sounds rather cute tho:3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    ...Aparently its spanish or something, so it frequently happen every so often that I get a random pm asking "br?"...

That would make it Portuguese, not Spanish.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
    Born_Again_ - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It means I am saved by Jesus at the cross on Calvary.
    Free of worries I run light through life.
    I also find it gives me an edge in gaming too, having no burdens in life, means I can focus 100% on the next kill. b:cute

A side effect is I get lasting friendship from gaming (as in real life) vs. friends that come and go.
    Amen! b:thanks
    b:heart C. G. C. b:heart
    - a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

b:pleased

facebook.com/group.php?gid=22920649068
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=348361
  • shadowwintry
    shadowwintry Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    My cleric her name is Yentl_xxx and it means gentle (make you feel better/healing/kisses .

A short time ago a friend told me that the xxx are also used for "couch" something naughty b:chuckle . And believe me i didnt know i am just a gentle healer b:shy
  • Morfeen - Dreamweaver
    Morfeen - Dreamweaver Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Named my cleric Morfeen as far as she reduces the pain with her heals and buffs rofl b:laugh b:pleased
    Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it is a plan!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anybody remotely interesting is mad, in some way or another.
  • Havra - Dreamweaver
    Havra - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    My cleric's name is Mutoh, which just a random word that's been around a long time in a story of mine. In short it means 'big black bird' or 'raven' and his hair is shiny black like crow feathers, so!

My archer is named Havra. That particular name is just my own name tweaked to sound more fantasy-like. I've used it for many years for all sorts of games. The only problem is that people keep calling her Havre, or worse, HARVA. b:irritated
    Must be a lot of dyslexic peeps around.

I could go on but this is supposed to be a cleric thread.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It means I am saved by Jesus at the cross on Calvary.
    Free of worries I run light through life.
    I also find it gives me an edge in gaming too, having no burdens in life, means I can focus 100% on the next kill. b:cute

A side effect is I get lasting friendship from gaming (as in real life) vs. friends that come and go.
    Amen! b:thanks

This isn't facebook, but I "like button" your post nonetheless. b:victory +1 b:victory Good name.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • boondy
    boondy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Lunarian = power of love

lulz b:heart
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Chrisssss just means I was the fifth Chris to create a character in Sanctuary with that name and also my sexy Nipples :o, sexy and I know it wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah. b:chuckle