What does your name represent?

Hiemus - Raging Tide
Hiemus - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Cleric
Just a fun thread like post-your-cleric. What does your name represent and/or mean? To be fair I'll start: Hiemus is from hiems, which just means winter. So my cleric is in white fash with white hair. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Hiemus - Raging Tide on

Comments

• DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    duct tape: the Bruce Lee of band-aids
    'nuff said

most people don't realize it, but my name does have some association with the cleric class b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Jacerai: just a jumble of letters that sounded nice together (Jase-er-ai). Everyone either shortens it to Jace or Jac anyway.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    My clerics name is 'Atropah' which I got from the medicinal plant Atropa Belladonna or mandrake root. Its a stimulant they use when people have a "flatline" and are dead to help bring them back to life.

My BM and forum name is Sakubatou, which is a type of sword from my favorite anime, Samurai X / Rurouni Kenshin. I studied Iaido in real life which the main character in the anime basically practiced, and he used a special sword called a Sakubatou that is blunted on the front and sharp on the back. He swore off killing and carried a sword only for defense of his loved ones. I liked the concept so much I hunted down a fully forged/folded sakubatou of my own and decide that was "my" blade, so my blademaster got the name.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    My cleric is 'Ebritenshi'. the first part 'ebri' is always my first 4 letter in my toon name. 'Tenshi' means angel b:cute
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    From Wikipedia : Valor (virtue ethics) means "courage in defense of a noble cause"

thats my cleric's name , the random x in front is cause it was already used by someone

Phoenix_Eye , that is from my favourite mythical bird , the phoenix . The eye is sth i got from the HP series , as the tears of a phoenix could cure all ailments.

GuinevirX is a pun on Guinevere , the so called Queen , and wife of King arthur , who is said to excel and like at all the noble sports and activities of that time , mainly Horse riding, Archery , Poetry and literature . She was stunning beautiful and smart.(since female archers are smexiest things in PWI , it fits)

ShadowStormX derives from Shadow , sth that describes assassins a lot and storms , which can bring destruction wherever they take place
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    eh Ninna is from an old vamp movie i saw once lovved it <3 and the x's means like xoxo in belgium which are kisses x.x NOPE its not the other meaning lol! i might of regreted the x's since my first thought wasn't the pervy side, ppl always love teasing me with those QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Newyn - Heavens Tear
    Newyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Newyn=No family/name

From Katherne Kerr's bok Silver Dagger. Not sure what the series name is on English but should be something like "The Magic Country Deverry".
    To Lazy to make 1. b:infuriated
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    mines from love of transformers and starscream

My BM and forum name is Sakubatou, which is a type of sword from my favorite anime, Samurai X / Rurouni Kenshin. I studied Iaido in real life which the main character in the anime basically practiced, and he used a special sword called a Sakubatou that is blunted on the front and sharp on the back. He swore off killing and carried a sword only for defense of his loved ones. I liked the concept so much I hunted down a fully forged/folded sakubatou of my own and decide that was "my" blade, so my blademaster got the name.
    Thats what i initially thought but the spelling was wrong. i suppose SaKAbatou was taken? >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Thats what i initially thought but the spelling was wrong. i suppose SaKAbatou was taken? >.>[/QUOTE]

Yah, I think so. It's also one of those words you find spelled several different ways as it was translated across languages (saka batou, sakabato, sakubato, and then variations I have found as sakadaicho...). I learned it as sakubatou before I found out saka was more popular.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Aiwana - Harshlands
    Aiwana - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Funny story time. Sharin for the lols
    Oke, my cleric's name is Ithil. When i made her, i had just finished reading Tolkien and I was still.... under influence. cleric--> elf--> elf forest--> Ithilien--> Ithil. All the normal old stuff. All good till i was doing a bh51 and somebody in squad started laughing and asked me if i'm from... uh, can't remember where. I said no, asked why you think i am. Answer: well, cause, in my language, Ithil (actually, if its spelled like itil) is one way of sayin cli.toris... I have been scarred...
  • StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Stream: Doesn't really represent anything. It just popped up in my head after countless of times thinking of a name that had already been used. But i put it in front of most of my chars now.
    Elf: Well, my char is from the Elves class, that's why. (My archer is called StreamArcher btw, can't use Elf twice b:chuckle)
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)
  • LaLeLoo - Sanctuary
    LaLeLoo - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    My veno's name is LoubyLoo, and my friend in pwi who lives in Germany always called me Loo or "LaLeLu" which is a lullaby in German. I figured it would be a nice name for a cleric since clerics have a skill that can put others to sleep. b:pleased I just changed the "Lu" part to be Loo since my nick name in game is Loo.
  • Poison_lvy_ - Heavens Tear
    Poison_lvy_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Poison_lvy_ came from the movie Drew Barrymore did called Poison Ivy. I was a teen when it came out and I loved it!
    Poison_lvy_ (102 Archer)
    SlayersHeal (101 cleric)
    _Pebbles_ (101 seeker)
    DirtLicker (92 sin)

b:cute
  • Poison_lvy_ - Heavens Tear
    Poison_lvy_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Oh, I just noticed this was for clerics, haha. Okay, my clerics name SlayersHeal started from my very first chara from maplestory, her name was DevilsFlirt, I met someone and we started playing PW, he made DevilsSlayer and I made SlayersHeal.
    Poison_lvy_ (102 Archer)
    SlayersHeal (101 cleric)
    _Pebbles_ (101 seeker)
    DirtLicker (92 sin)

b:cute
  • Silverish - Sanctuary
    Silverish - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Silverish = it's like when an elf is blushing, not red, but silver *^_^*

TreeElf = my cleric in PW Indonesian version, since i want "Dryad" but somebody had already used that name, then i made Tree Elf because dryad is a wood elf (some myths do say so)

Funny story time. Sharin for the lols
    Oke, my cleric's name is Ithil. When i made her, i had just finished reading Tolkien and I was still.... under influence. cleric--> elf--> elf forest--> Ithilien--> Ithil. All the normal old stuff. All good till i was doing a bh51 and somebody in squad started laughing and asked me if i'm from... uh, can't remember where. I said no, asked why you think i am. Answer: well, cause, in my language, Ithil (actually, if its spelled like itil) is one way of sayin cli.toris... I have been scarred...

I believe the guy that told you the meaning of ithil is from my country, Indonesia :D
  • Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver
    Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Anyone who has read sci-fi/fantasy has read WoT, and knows who Nynaeve is...enough said.
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Myralis... hmm... I wanted something elfish sounding. Myra was taken, so I ended up with a weird ending lol

Funny though, since 'myr' is like my rl name, of russian origin. Not sure what my mad doctor cleric got to do with 'peace' though b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Wanted to be different, made a Heavy Armour cleric and came out with SMASHnHEAL. Love it b:victory
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Decus was the name of one of a group of ten antagonists from an old j-rpg I played. I enjoyed the fact that his head was on fire all the time. Pretty boring, truth be told. I rather enjoyed reading Sakubatou's origin :3
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Ow - Dreamweaver
    Ow - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    My cleric's name is Greggory - and she's a female cleric. I watched the Mighty Boosh, saw the episode about Old Gregg, and thought it was hilarious, but didn't want to be named "Old Gregg." so I named a female character Greggory.

And my Bm's name "Ow" is self explanatory. It's my name, usual state of mind, and how I feel most of the time. :D
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Originally, I was going to call my cleric Glade, as it really seemed to fit. Glade..a beautful forest clearing... anyway, me being a failwhale, I accidently made her an archer at character creation. Being too impatient to wait a week, Glade became my archer. Instead I called my cleric Glamoura (pronounced like glam-OW-rah) because Winged Elves in PWI are supposed to be graceful and beautiful creatures.. soo... Glamoura.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Being that us winged folk were born of the forest,
    I took a Norwegian name. SkogDyr = ForestAnimal

btw pronounced skoog (oo as in pool) deer (ee deep E sound)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Draekka - Raging Tide
    Draekka - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I just randomly made up my clerics name, Zarriah. (zar-ree-uh) That was also the first spelling I used XD As far as I know it has no meaning....

My veno's name is loosely based on Drake/Draco, aka Dragon. She's a bat veno and rides a Hellfire Drake, I just came up with the strange spelling. (dray-kuh).
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I just randomly made up my clerics name, Zarriah. (zar-ree-uh) That was also the first spelling I used XD As far as I know it has no meaning....

My veno's name is loosely based on Drake/Draco, aka Dragon. She's a bat veno and rides a Hellfire Drake, I just came up with the strange spelling. (dray-kuh).

According to the baby names meaning, it means radiance. But isn't a particularly popular baby name, and your spelling is different. Although even health.com had this to say about it:

Origin, Meaning, and Pronunciation of Zarriah

This name is illegitimate. This means that the language or significant history cannot be verified. This name was most likely pulled out of someone's behind or respelled with a reckless disregard for history, aesthetics, or phonics. This name might also be a random word or surname. Use with caution.

However think baby names says its this:

Zarria meaning and name origin

Zarria \z(ar)-

ria\ as a girl's name is a variant of Zara (Arabic), and the meaning of Zarria is "radiance".
    The baby name Zarria sounds like Zaria, Cerria, Zahra, Sarra, Saraia, Zayra, Zariah, Zaira and Zarya.

Heh, I thought remember meeting someone actually named that, but didn't remember where. So I thought i'd google it. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Draekka - Raging Tide
    Draekka - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    According to the baby names meaning, it means radiance. But isn't a particularly popular baby name, and your spelling is different. Although even health.com had this to say about it:

Origin, Meaning, and Pronunciation of Zarriah

This name is illegitimate. This means that the language or significant history cannot be verified. This name was most likely pulled out of someone's behind or respelled with a reckless disregard for history, aesthetics, or phonics. This name might also be a random word or surname. Use with caution.

However think baby names says its this:

Zarria meaning and name origin

Zarria \z(ar)-

ria\ as a girl's name is a variant of Zara (Arabic), and the meaning of Zarria is "radiance".
    The baby name Zarria sounds like Zaria, Cerria, Zahra, Sarra, Saraia, Zayra, Zariah, Zaira and Zarya.

Heh, I thought remember meeting someone actually named that, but didn't remember where. So I thought i'd google it. b:chuckle

b:thanks Haha wow, no idea all that would've come up, I never even thought of doing that. XD Radiance...I quite like that, and its actually fitting. Thanks for the info! b:pleased
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Regarding just my cleric, Her name is SerenityCNB.

She's called Serenity because she's a winged elf, a cleric, and I designed her to be beautiful like I find actual serenity and serene things to be. She was originally going to be just Serenity, but the name was taken, so I added my initials to her, and SerenityCNB she became. Lol.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary
    Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Helr = He(a)l(e)r

unfortunately, most people read the l as an i, so no one gets it lol
    helr-cleric-8x
    Jaggerjaques-BM-8x
    blackrobe-wizard-7x
    _Tara-veno-6x
    Superpoke-sin-7x
    punching_bag-barb 7x
  • Hollyyy - Lost City
    Hollyyy - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Holly - Keeping it sexy but classy.
  • SoulPeace - Sanctuary
    SoulPeace - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    <
    <-- Signature Space -->
    Once upon a time...
  • Tenshi - Harshlands
    Tenshi - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    "Tenshi" mean angel from japanese language.

He weared a lot of fashions but now I want him to wear a white one and wings he use from 20 lvl are these white 3.0m/s wings.. ohh yea.. seraphic or something.. he got white hairs too I changed his look many times before but always coming back to 1st I made( I was making his face by about 30 min! xD). Maybe it's not easy to see but he got blue eyes, and now he got a little blackish beard too. He's pure support, healing and taking care about other ppl person. Don't like to kill and fight with other(when i fight in duel I'm getting too nervous xd)

And yes I'm woman and Tenshi is man. xD I 'hate' how female clerics looks, they are almost all like plastic barbie girls with BIG **** BLEEEH!!! xdd My next cleric will be girl tho xD
    *^ My alt ^w^

**^ Horny woman in real playing MALE sexy cleric. <3