TT 2-3 Soulripper not showing up

Options
priesteres1
priesteres1 Posts: 12 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
hi all i have a question maybe anyone else have had the same problem .

This is now the second time for my crew that the TT 2-3 Soulreaper:Null boss does not make an apearence.

both times we waited more then half hour .

Is he : sick
In a staff meeting ?

Or otherwise engaged b:chuckle

Or did something change in TT that im unaware off
Post edited by priesteres1 on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    you didnt mix up the modes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • priesteres1
    edited November 2011
    Options
    you didnt mix up the modes?

nope we run this TT more oftend and usually without anypain soulripper always made an apearence .Just the last 2 times he diddent .So i wunder if more people had this .
  • MoonMio - Heavens Tear
    MoonMio - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Hidden Pillar?b:shutup
  • priesteres1
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Hidden Pillar?b:shutup

b:laugh i think he scared of getting killed all the time lol
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    nope we run this TT more oftend and usually without anypain soulripper always made an apearence .Just the last 2 times he diddent .So i wunder if more people had this .
    could be due to that black friday maint? >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • priesteres1
    edited November 2011
    Options
    could be due to that black friday maint? >.>

ye that what i thought too ,just not sure
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The only thing that changed is someone in your squad hit the Immune to Damage "eye" that spawns when you talk to the summoning pillar.

It says something like: "kill me to acquire the power you've wanted" in common chat. Basically if anything in the game dares you to hit it, don't. (think Sawfist Reaper-Divided, or Whitefeather Golem.....)

Edit: It's possible they broke something in maintenance, but much more likely someone poked the "eye".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • priesteres1
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The only thing that changed is someone in your squad hit the Immune to Damage "eye" that spawns when you talk to the summoning pillar.

It says something like: "kill me to acquire the power you've wanted" in common chat. Basically if anything in the game dares you to hit it, don't. (think Sawfist Reaper-Divided, or Whitefeather Golem.....)

mmm i saw the sin hit it ye that could be it ty, i make a speech about it see if it helps lol

But really that might be it lets see if next run goes better .im clercin so i never spawn that damn thing lol
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Don't hit the invisible mob in his room, and sometimes the mobs too. Summon him and sit in the corner, he should spawn in 3-7 minutes.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What Aneurysmal&Zarni said, don't attack the invisible mob, wait 3~5 minutes. It happened to me in the start as well, and it got me royally ticked off in the start. Now i announce at the start of the tt and when i enter the room. That is the only way i know of that stops the boss from showing up. Have killed him numerous times since.
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What Aneurysmal&Zarni said, don't attack the invisible mob, wait 3~5 minutes. It happened to me in the start as well, and it got me royally ticked off in the start. Now i announce at the start of the tt and when i enter the room. That is the only way i know of that stops the boss from showing up. Have killed him numerous times since.

Yes, this. ^^ When my hubby and I duo the 2-3, what we usually do is activate pillar, move into the corner, and just sit down and do absolutely nothing until he spawns. This is pretty much your best bet. lol =)
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Seriously... old wives tales...

Soulripper will glitch if it wants to, no matter what you do or don't do.

b:bye

P.S. Nobody has ever been able to show me how to consistently glitch the boss from not appearing.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

P.S. Nobody has ever been able to show me how to consistently glitch the boss from not appearing.

I always heard it was the "eye", so I never poked it.

I've never seen the boss fail to spawn, and I've done countless TT runs (hundreds at least).

So I guess it's like elephant repellent..... I use that every day and haven't ever seen an elephant..... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

i was bored enuf to test this theory abt poking invis mob and every time i tried dog didnt appeared

dont doubt might be other ways to glitch dog as well but that the biggest way to do it like delta jofeng bonus glitch and invis mob b4 rb fix
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I always heard it was the "eye", so I never poked it.

I've never seen the boss fail to spawn, and I've done countless TT runs (hundreds at least).

So I guess it's like elephant repellent..... I use that every day and haven't ever seen an elephant..... b:chuckle

I've done hundreds of 2-3 runs. I've had it glitch probably close to a dozen times. Not hitting the invisible mob doesn't cease this glitch from happening because most of those times were either soloed or with trusted friends I know for a fact nobody had hit it. Likewise, I've used it to build chi while waiting for dog to spawn and he still comes.

Just like all the nonsense with Gluttonix tab glitching. I've had it glitch using every single trick or method to keep it from glitching and it's still glitched. Tabbing, switching and retabbing at half, 10% whatever... If it wants to glitch it will and no matter what you do won't stop it.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I've done hundreds of 2-3 runs. I've had it glitch probably close to a dozen times. Not hitting the invisible mob doesn't cease this glitch from happening because most of those times were either soloed or with trusted friends I know for a fact nobody had hit it. Likewise, I've used it to build chi while waiting for dog to spawn and he still comes.
    This ^^

And this is hardly new. The dog has been glitching for as long as I can remember running 2-3. You can activate the room, go sit in the corner, touch nothing, and still have it glitch and not spawn.
    If you sit more than 10 mins, break squad and reset the instance to start again.
  • cefre
    cefre Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    if cause of hitting pillar or "invisible mob": aipolicy bug
    if not
    tasks.data (done quest => activate pillar which is triggering the boss)
    or
    npcgen.data

just tip for CH dev... maybe they cant fix it like 6y ago. like dragon glitch in fc... just one idiot line in aipolicy >.> noobs
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Totally had this happen a few minutes ago. Glad to see it isn't only happening to me (to disprove my badluck theory), but sucks to see it is happening alot and often enough to get responses on forums.

Yes, I hit the eye for chi. I also aggro'd a mob and killed it out of boredom. Boss didn't appear, when I got lead the quest seemed to constantly reset when talking to pillar. Not sure if that is normal or not or if that is waht occurred prior to hitting the eye. I'll try it again another time...

Such a waste of time though since I only needed Soulripper for culti :P.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Apparently this happened to some factionmates yesterday in 2-2 as well.

Crappy old bugs are getting worse. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I did some 2-3s with a friend the other day and he showed up each time.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Totally had this happen a few minutes ago. Glad to see it isn't only happening to me (to disprove my badluck theory), but sucks to see it is happening alot and often enough to get responses on forums.

Yes, I hit the eye for chi. I also aggro'd a mob and killed it out of boredom. Boss didn't appear, when I got lead the quest seemed to constantly reset when talking to pillar. Not sure if that is normal or not or if that is waht occurred prior to hitting the eye. I'll try it again another time...

Such a waste of time though since I only needed Soulripper for culti :P.

That right there is why he doesn't show. We've known for ages that hitting the "eye" causes him to not appear.

And still, nobody listens when we say it.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
    edited November 2011
    Options
    That right there is why he doesn't show. We've known for ages that hitting the "eye" causes him to not appear.

And still, nobody listens when we say it.

Dog will glitch if he wants to and hitting the eye has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Obviously you haven't run 2-3 enough.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Dog will glitch if he wants to and hitting the eye has absolutely nothing to do with it.

If everyone sits tight and doesn't hit the eye or pillar he spawns, every run where someone hit either he didn't spawn.. that's a hell of a coincidence.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

I've been playing for 3 years now. I've done many 2-3 runs. I've never had him glitch when we didn't have someone hit the pillar or eye. I farm my gear, and I've got 4 high-level toons, so I'm pretty sure that I've done 2-3 enough to be able to tell.
    If everyone sits tight and doesn't hit the eye or pillar he spawns, every run where someone hit either he didn't spawn.. that's a hell of a coincidence.
    ^ This
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I've been playing for 3 years now. I've done many 2-3 runs. I've never had him glitch when we didn't have someone hit the pillar or eye. I farm my gear, and I've got 4 high-level toons, so I'm pretty sure that I've done 2-3 enough to be able to tell.

^ This

I've done hundreds of 2-3 runs. I've had dog not show up at least a dozen times. How many of those times did someone hit the eye? Almost none of the time.

And, what about the times I've sat there and triple spark macro'd on the eye (to prove this point) and had dog still spawn? Every time.

If nobody hits the eye and dog still glitches, how do you explain that?

And like I said before, it's like Gluttonix. You can't stop it from glitching when it wants to. I've had Gluttonix glitch using every method created to keep it from glitching, and it's still glitched.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I've been playing for 3 years now. I've done many 2-3 runs. I've never had him glitch when we didn't have someone hit the pillar or eye.
    I have, more than once. So yes, it can happen. Just because it hasn't happened to you personally doesn't mean thats the way it is. I can't say whether the pillar or eye matter or not because I admit to not knowing what causes the glitch, just that it seems to not since more than one of us have had it glitch when noone in squad has touched anything. Especially if you're running the thing duo and its very easy to see what the one other person with you is doing.
    I've never had it glitch when I didn't intiate a duel with my TT partner. So what happens now if someone duels during the wait and it glitches? You could just as easily blame the duel.

Not that it matters, but also been playing and farming gear for pushing 3 years now. Since y'all were throwing around numbers :P
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If something seems to make a certain event more likely to occur, why tempt it? Just sayin'.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

Like others, every time someone hit the eye, dog didn't show and it always showed for me when no one hit the eye. Hundreds of 2-3 here too.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Am I the only one that doesn't have to mention the amount of TTs he's done to have a valid opinion? >.>

Anyway.. forgot to say this in my last post but duels don't keep him from spawning unless you aoe the eye. You can duel for chi and he'll still spawn.
  • jabbl1
    jabbl1 Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I have done 4 million runs and never once glitched b:chuckle.

Michael_Dark&Ikarium do another 200~500 runs, and make sure in each run every time no one hits the pillar and the eye under any circumstance, and see how many times it glitches. If in those 200~500 times the boss glitches less than "normal" for you, follow Zanryu advice "If something seems to make a certain event more likely to occur, why tempt it?" This would reduce the failed attempts of 5/100 to 3/100.

If you don't believe the rest, hit the eye every time you do the run and see how many time the boss spawns and post the results (just make sure i am not in the squad because i need astrelle and ae on my runs). If the boss shows up 90/100 times even after hitting the eye/pillar, that means all these folks have no clue what they are talking about. But if the boss does not show 90/100 times, might want to accept some correlations. The reason why i said you ought to do it, because other people's proof is useless if not seen with your eyes.

If unwilling to do it, no point in arguing one way or the other, just don't tempt it.