New Expansion in CN

Comments

• Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Since I haven't seen anyone expound on this, I have some thoughts and comments on it.

1) Nobody has figured out if it is class restricted. The TROLL of it all if it was just for Sins. Bah. But, if you really could make a Wiz Stealth, it would be pretty damn cool. Having a freaking Barb pop out in the middle of your base in TW and Arma would really suck.

2) It's only got a 5 second duration. That's... Useless.

3) After the 'OMFGWTFBBQ EVERYONE CAN STEALTH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!' reaction wore off and I realized it had a 5 second duration, I was pretty much 'ho hum' over this one. Get past the shock and look at it closer...

4) Is it an 'enter stealth' skill, or a 'force stealth' skill? Does it give +30 stealth levels or +31? Tough questions. If it's only +30, a lot of 105's will eyeroll at it and consider it useless.

And thus, I don't think this AOE stealth skill is quite as OP as it sounds.

I was looking at it as 2 minutes of stealth but I could have read it wrong... Since its all speculation that was how I was looking at it... Get a full team and stealth in bm hf, wizz, blue dragon thing, barb arma, and sin uses subsea all at the same time... That would equal massive dmg...

Then I looked somewhere and saw can not move while in stealth but can still use skills... Which for a sin is pointless... But for other classes like archers, wizzs, venos, mystics, and psys.... omg that could still be useful... If it is for 2 minutes of course

But until we get the actual english version of this with full description... Its kinda like eh.... What?

Also the other skills mentioned below....

Assassin
    Resurrection burial: curse your target, your target will absorb 15%-35%(depends on ur SF) damage you take from others for 10sec, effect doesnt work if your target attack u. 2spark

solar eclipse: AOE stealth, yo, 12meters , max 5seconds. 2min/1spark

investigate: make u able to check other players' inventory.

Lose a Thousand Pieces of Gold (literal translation, meaning giving up wealth): debuff your target, make him drop coins upon death. the amount of coins depends on your target's lvl.(. lol, my mage 105..)

Toxic dagger: 10 meters frontal aoe, base dmg + 9300 poison dmg over 30sec.

Yan Fu Resurrection burial: curse your target, your target will absorb 20%-60%(depends on ur SF) damage you take from others for 15sec, effect doesnt work if your target attack u. 2spark

Just look at toxic dagger.... That could be a one shot kill if the person isn't carrying pots... Which I would love... pop out of stealth use the skill pop back and then watch them slowly die of poisoningb:dirty

Investigate, look in peoples inventory... eh ok

Lose a thousand coin??? Will that work with peoples safety lock turned on because if so I just found a new farming methodb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    5 secs of stealth is enough for a wiz to blink away or any class to holy path.
  • Massad - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    5 secs of stealth is enough for a wiz to blink away or any class to holy path.

I honestly think the 5 seconds is a cast time... which for a sin is an eternity to be honest... I am still leaning to the 2 minutes but can't move theory I read somewhere
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I honestly think the 5 seconds is a cast time... which for a sin is an eternity to be honest... I am still leaning to the 2 minutes but can't move theory I read somewhere

Here is what is in the chinese client.
    日食         测试版
    消耗真气 454
    准备时间 0.9 秒
    施放时间 1.0 秒
    施放间隔 120.0 秒
    武器限制 匕首

修真期要求 大乘

使自身周围12米内的小队成员进入隐身
    状态,最多持续5秒。

施放需要一点真元

Here is what it says:
    solar eclipse

Mana 454
    Channel 0.9 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown of 120.0 seconds
    Restricted weapons daggers

Causes all team members within 12 meters to enter stealth
    State for up to 5 seconds.

Cast requires one spark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Massad - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Here is what is in the chinese client.

Here is what it says:

lol ty asterelle and I think she is right... damn near pointless
  • Oz_vessalius - Sanctuary
    Oz_vessalius - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    firstly ast is a man :O
    and the stealth with no movement allowed is the archer skill, not sin.
    there is a full list some pages back \o\ go find it.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Massad wasn't even refering to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Firstly he was talking about Sarrafeline saying it was useless. Oh that was lastly too.
  • HirakoShinji - Raging Tide
    HirakoShinji - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    yaay finally the skills that psy can use in fish form.
    Wait a sec who fights underwater ? b:victory

Dragon Temple Event
  • SeverusSnape - Raging Tide
    SeverusSnape - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Just look at toxic dagger.... That could be a one shot kill if the person isn't carrying pots... Which I would love... pop out of stealth use the skill pop back and then watch them slowly die of poisoningb:dirty

Correct me if I am wrong. I think this skill is useless. This isn't like psychic's DoT skill where they have 100% - 200% weapon damage. This is comparable with wizards DoT skill. Appart from the novelty of being an AoE, I don't see any other benefit from it.

Can anyone who understands Chinese check their forums for new skill discussion ? How players feel after playing with these new skills for a while now ?
  • Massad - Harshlands
    edited January 2012

I did find it thats what I am referring to... Page 85

Yes I read archer but one would think... hmmm a class that has never used or had the ability to stealth suddenly gets to... Could be an issue with the chinese to english translation as is often the case when these patches come up

I do recall some things about the last 2 big updates (tb and eg) that have not exactly panned out the way people claimed it would

Firstly he was talking about Sarrafeline saying it was useless. Oh that was lastly too.

What they said ^

Comment above me.... I am not worried about the 200% dmg I am referring to the 9k dmg it claims over 30 seconds.... Which if you think about it I doubt highly that it would be that high on players for the simple fact that the wizzs description for that blue dragon aoe skill puts it over 12k just by numbers.... And while wizzs can 1 shot alot of people its rarely that high (unless you get a r9 +12)
  • XBALLOFSTEEL - Dreamweaver
    XBALLOFSTEEL - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    man so many update to game i hope new toon's come out b:chuckle
  • SeverusSnape - Raging Tide
    SeverusSnape - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Comment above me.... I am not worried about the 200% dmg I am referring to the 9k dmg it claims over 30 seconds.... Which if you think about it I doubt highly that it would be that high on players for the simple fact that the wizzs description for that blue dragon aoe skill puts it over 12k just by numbers.... And while wizzs can 1 shot alot of people its rarely that high (unless you get a r9 +12)

Gah, you're misunderstanding.
    Wizzies DoT skill, not blue dragon. I am talking about Crown of flames and Pitfall, which does base damage + 3.something K damage over 15 seconds. Which doesn't damage anything. What we have is base damage + 9k over 30 seconds. You're better off doing Puncture Wound than this.
    Appart from usual benefit by it being just an AoE skill, its still **** in damage.

Edit - I read your sentence wrong :P sowwy :D
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Gah, you're misunderstanding.
    Wizzies DoT skill, not blue dragon. I am talking about Crown of flames and Pitfall, which does base damage + 3.something K damage over 15 seconds. Which doesn't damage anything. What we have is base damage + 9k over 30 seconds. You're better off doing Puncture Wound than this.
    Appart from usual benefit by it being just an AoE skill, its still **** in damage.

Edit - I read your sentence wrong :P sowwy :D

True. When you apply the PVP penalty to it... and then realize that whatever damage is left is going to be stretched out over 30 sec... probably won't even cause a charm tick to most well geared players... and the rest should just be able to neutralize it with a couple crab meats. It would be silly for a Sin to choose this as one of their first skills knowing that it will probably take a while to get the second and third.
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    man so many update to game i hope new toon's come out b:chuckle

I hope no new classes for at least 3 years! It only brings chaos, unbalance and stupidity. I'm happy Underworld/Underground (Whatehellever it is called) Doesn't have new race and instead focuses on existing ones and ESSPECIALLY the ones since PWI Vanilla, new skills FTW

Also to not Double-post, anyone noticed how those skills are similar to those in Forsaken World? I know why but notice NPC's Skills Terrain made, It's just like FW
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    lol ty asterelle and I think she is right... damn near pointless

I see that sin aoe stealth move as more of a support move. You see a squad mate in danger, you put both of you in stealth and get some distance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Cedro - Sanctuary
    Cedro - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Someone posted some nice new flying mounts and land mounts (red, pink, black unicorn) on the official forums.

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1876061&extra=page%3D1
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I see that sin aoe stealth move as more of a support move. You see a squad mate in danger, you put both of you in stealth and get some distance.

Unless you're unable to move while stealthed... In which case, it's essentially useless.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Oz_vessalius - Sanctuary
    Oz_vessalius - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aubree - Dreamweaver
    What they said ^

lol i shouldnt troll forums when im about to pass out
    but you get the idea D:
    and dont waste time tellin me how to do quotation thing ;O im lazy and copy and paste works
  • HellsNoir - Sanctuary
    HellsNoir - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Im looking forward to the new skills and everything but I was hoping for a new race and classes again lol. Oh well, at least somethings being updated I suppose. b:surrender
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Im looking forward to the new skills and everything but I was hoping for a new race and classes again lol. Oh well, at least somethings being updated I suppose. b:surrender

Why? Seriously, why?

Nothing really good came from the fish. They smell and broke the hell out of this game.

Nothing really good came from the rocklovers. They taste weird and are fail. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • SharkAngel - Heavens Tear
    SharkAngel - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    You...you've tasted the Earthguard?b:shocked

There wouldnt be any point in a new class with the pre-existing ones already being imbalanced as is anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaiendaitenshi
    kaiendaitenshi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I find AoE stealth as a good way to support party - even though it lasts for 5sec. Absolute Domain lasts for 5 sec too, but most of people got it on their genies : o
    Unless you're unable to move while stealthed... In which case, it's essentially useless.
    I doubt really, if they make something like that. They just want Assasin to be more supportive I guess.

~*~
    Wraith Escape: make all squad members 6 meters around unable to be selected, last 3.5-7.5sec (depends on your soulforce) 5min/3sparks

Hmmm...Im not sure if I understand it well; I get "unable to be selected" as stealth-like buff o 0'' So the sqd members are visible, but you are unable to target them? What about mobs? I have wondered if anyone got an idea how it may works.

~*~
    Wind Rocks Buried: curse ur target , your target will take damge = base atk +130% weapon + 6475 after 12sec.

Better version of Extreme Poison *0* THAT may be the most bad-*** from all of the Psychic skills. Something one-target-personal Heaven's Flame.
    Embryo of the Soul: make your target immune to dmg, recover 100% hp, stun himself for 10sec. (not rl stun, u cant immune it.) 28.5meter/3min/2spark

Cant immune it, but what about Purify?

~*~
    Source of Evil: buff your target, you will absorb all damage and debuffs from your target, max range 45meters.

I dont think I may use it on frost ._.'' On a healer - sure. But on a tanker? No way ^^''

~*~
    Summon: right click on a squad member on the squad list and choose summon, the skill will teleport him to u. 10sec cooldown

I wonder whats the max range. It would be nice to summon someone from the opposite side of the map x P That is going to change PvP for sure.

I think it may work in the instances. Seeker's skill Voidstep is said to not work in "certain areas", but it works everywhere but not in one of the FBs (dont remember which one, sorry).
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Hmmm...Im not sure if I understand it well; I get "unable to be selected" as stealth-like buff o 0'' So the sqd members are visible, but you are unable to target them? What about mobs? I have wondered if anyone got an idea how it may works.

maybe for screwed up situation and this Skill made all pt members invinsible and Mob wouldn't be able to attack them, and save everybody from a wipe out?

~*~

Cant immune it, but what about Purify?

If this Skill is being combo-ed by Barb's forced-agro skill, this would be great.

my reply in Orange, sry too lazy atm to make another quote of the Skill description..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArkSama - Raging Tide
    ArkSama - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    here is how you look like when you are 'frogged' lol xD

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/3246/117684366397.jpg

b:chuckle b:shocked b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaiendaitenshi
    kaiendaitenshi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    my reply in Orange, sry too lazy atm to make another quote of the Skill description..

Thats okay XD

I cant decide which skill I should get first; propably Wraith Escape (it looks great) or Embryo of the Soul, if its able to self-use.

I guess the way to get them is the same like with current 100lvl skills (Stone Smasher, Sandball Clash etc) + all the contribution stuff.
    edited January 2012

I thought the archer was the one that wasn't able to move in stealth. :P
    solar eclipse

Mana 454
    Channel 0.9 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown of 120.0 seconds
    Restricted weapons daggers

Causes all team members within 12 meters to enter stealth
    State for up to 5 seconds.

Cast requires one spark.

Yeah, not seeing that description anywhere in there. It would make no sense whatsoever if your party members couldn't move.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Why? Seriously, why?

Nothing really good came from the fish. They smell and broke the hell out of this game.

Nothing really good came from the rocklovers. They taste weird and are fail. >_>
    and you have fleas b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
    edited January 2012
    I want that pink unicorn b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
This discussion has been closed.