R8 Recast: Gof + -.05 price and probability.

Options
2»

Comments

• _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    All I can say is...I'm still gonna be saving up for r9 on my psychic while I farm the trails with my faction to reforge my bm's r8 axe :3 (Already do like 10k crits in PvP, why not take those crits and turn them into 25k b:sin?)
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StarryWolf - Harshlands
    StarryWolf - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Personally, i find this chat humerus for 3 reasons.

1. All the speculation about r8 recast is inaccurate.

2. 10+ People already have r8 recast gears and have had them, and 1 or more person already has a wep, i've seen it.

3. The Arguing about the prices and such, to be honest you cant ever know for certain such as on the first day Memorial coins were 500k, now they are 30k lol.
    b:chuckle
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Wow prices sure did drop on HL then.

There are still ppl in RT paying 50-75k per coin.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    GoF on the R8 daggers will be nice for sure but with a 0.13% chance of rolling 0.5 int... the amount of coin you'll have to spend trying to get the interval add will more than likely surpass going straight for R9 itself.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    GoF on the R8 daggers will be nice for sure but with a 0.13% chance of rolling 0.5 int... the amount of coin you'll have to spend trying to get the interval add will more than likely surpass going straight for R9 itself.

We..... already discussed that. I'm not sure why there was a "more than likely" in that statement when the figures are in this thread.....
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

Then again anyone who desires for something that out-does Rank 9 should be more than willing and prepared to pay just that much.

The recast R8 is just a non-APS alternative for a semi-endgame weapon. Belongs to the same category as G13 Nirvana and normal Rank 8. Though it's superior to both in terms of DPS.
    We..... already discussed that. I'm not sure why there was a "more than likely" in that statement when the figures are in this thread.....

Interestingly I haven't seen anyone do any kind of actual, interesting math. All we have is expected values for getting something like GoF and -interval. Which is kinda redundant, everyone already knew it was ridiculously expensive.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

I said more than likely because your "math" obviously discounts the fact that someone could just get ridiculously lucky (as in mega jackpot lucky) and roll the wished for 0.05 int + GoF
    in a couple of tries. b:bye
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I said more than likely because your "math" obviously discounts the fact that someone could just get ridiculously lucky (as in mega jackpot lucky) and roll the wished for 0.05 int + GoF
    in a couple of tries. b:bye

There is no such thing as lucky.

Then again anyone who desires for something that out-does Rank 9 should be more than willing and prepared to pay just that much.

The recast R8 is just a non-APS alternative for a semi-endgame weapon. Belongs to the same category as G13 Nirvana and normal Rank 8. Though it's superior to both in terms of DPS.

Interestingly I haven't seen anyone do any kind of actual, interesting math. All we have is expected values for getting something like GoF and -interval. Which is kinda redundant, everyone already knew it was ridiculously expensive.

You did the interesting math in a different thread b:laugh

The chief issue with Recast R8 is that it isn't a time nor cost efficient solution. Recast R8 can potentially make G15 Nirvana look pathetic in comparison if you get good mods on it. However, the odds for those mods is pretty much pathetic.

However, a G15 Nirvana with the "perfect" mods, e.g. GoF, -0.05 interval and +130 Max Patk has an unrefined damage range of 685 - 1,158, with an average of 921.5. In comparison, Recast R8 has an unrefined damage range of 754 - 1,115, with an average of 934.5.

So, as long as you get GoF and -0.05 interval on your Recast R8, it's superior to the perfect G15 Nirvana, and by extension, unrecast R9, in terms of DPS.

Now, the chance to get GoF is 11.1%. -0.05 interval can be placed on any 3 modifiers and the chance to get it is 0.13%, so the probability to get a Recast R8 with GoF and -0.05 interval would be 0.04329%, or ~1/2,311.

With that said, just the fees for the recasting come to a total of 4,640,000,000 coins.

In comparison to that, if these odds are accurate, then the chance for the aforementioned G15 Nirvana dagger would be 125/1,000,000 or ~0.0125%, or ~1/8,000. Since each recast costs 7 Rapture Crystals and the G15 itself requires 250, you end up with 56,243 Rapture Crystals for that G15, so the cost would be something like 101,237,400,000.

So the G15 is actually a much, much worse option than the R8 Recast and both of them are much worse options than unrecast R9 in terms of bang-for-buck. So the best option would be to go with a +12 2x Drakeflame R9. It'll cost you a fraction of what either of the better options would and it'll be more than sufficient for any purposes you might have for it.

Interestingly, even with the higher chance for GoF and higher base damage, the Recast R8 isn't necessarily the better option. It has a 11.1% chance for GoF yes, but if you get -0.05 interval on the G15 and either SS, GoF or +20 Attack Levels, you're likely to out-DPS the Recast R8, not to mention having better chi gain. And the chance to get such a G15 Nirvana is ~5.1%.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You did the interesting math in a different thread b:laugh

Oh no, that's the boring kind of math.

Since I utterly fail at statistics, I can't give that an interesting spin.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Bad_BM - Lost City
    Bad_BM - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    My only issue with your "not worth it cause cost so much QQQQQQQQQQQQQ" is that if you take the odds of getting .int / gof on nv recast...it's like two thousand some odd tries. And A lot of people have it!

In fact Sac Assault + int is hella high odds as well! And pretty much no sin has an issue getting it within let's say...40 tries? lol

The odds on this game are so off, it's all luck! Don't base opinions off %'s on pw database.

Go be different people, who cares about odds!

And p.s. - R8 recast get's 4 slots, so your odds are off anyways, because there is 3 possible slots for -.05 int ^^
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    My only issue with your "not worth it cause cost so much QQQQQQQQQQQQQ" is that if you take the odds of getting .int / gof on nv recast...it's like two thousand some odd tries. And A lot of people have it!

In fact Sac Assault + int is hella high odds as well! And pretty much no sin has an issue getting it within let's say...40 tries? lol

The odds on this game are so off, it's all luck! Don't base opinions off %'s on pw database.

Go be different people, who cares about odds!

And p.s. - R8 recast get's 4 slots, so your odds are off anyways, because there is 3 possible slots for -.05 int ^^

I'm going to ignore this being over a 2 month old necro and you "disproving" people arguing about R8 recast days after it came out. Odds of GoF and -int is 1 in 500 for Nirvana. Odds for recast with GoF and -int is 1 in 2308 because of the easy odds of GoF and the abysmal odds of -int on R8 recast.

This game is a computer program. Believe in luck if you'd like, but computer programs are based on math and algorithms and luck is generated more by repetition than anything else.

Sac + Int on G15s is pretty easy actually. SS has a 46.5% chance and if you add in GoF (2.5%) and +20 attack levels (2%) thats a 51% chance of getting a worthwhile unique add. -Int has a 5% chance for each of the two slots, so a 10% chance of appearing each roll. Together they have a 5.1% chance of getting at least one -int and SS or better. That's greater than 1 in 20 and you are surprised people get it in 40 tries?
    5% chance in each slot (so 10% in one of the two slots.

p.s. The odds for -int are .13%. That's .0013. So if they're using three times that .0039 (.39%) as their possible odds then its correct. Yes, 1 in 256 of getting -int on R8 recast daggers.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory