"OBO" does NOT mean "Or BETTER Offer", Kthx.

13»

Comments

• StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I don't see what the big deal is about.

I've never ever seen anyone in my whole PWI life (since Dec 08) say OBO as in they are asking for offers which are higher than their price (i.e. Or better offer).

Whenever you see "OBO" in world chat just read it like it is "Price negotiable" or something.

And there is already another thread on this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I never said that offert wasn't a word in any OTHER language or even that it wasn't a word in those given languages, because it is. It just isn't the word used for the NOUN offer, there is a VERB "to offer" however.

I personally had always just assumed it was a typo, as you just said, from the letters being next to each other.

guess I wasn't done after all >.< but i really hate when people put words in my mouth (or on my keyboard)

Guess you missed the part where he said and other euro countries. And you didn't specify at first you were looking at it as a noun vs a verb, you said you used a dictionary, which if I remember correctly lists both nouns and verbs.

I didn't put any words in your mouth or your keyboard, I just questioned the ones that you put out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.