Sick of Power-Levelers??

1235»

Comments

• xrogzielx
    xrogzielx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I hate to be an ***, but... you didn't "earn" R8. You bought it for about 1/10th its actual cost. R8 is the gear equivalent of powerleveling, because in much the same way you're achieving something quicker and cheaper than it should actually take.

I don't care how people level honestly, if they suck I kick them. Plain and simple. As long as you can play your class then it's all good.

just to be clear u CAN farm R8 (tons of grinding and DQ drops) and use ur hard earned coins for wraith badges (sold by players near the commander in chief in arch)..and as for the armor and wep just a cpl mill at 1k streams...so be sure u know u can't farm it b4 u do sound like an ***.....ijs b:victory
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    xrogzielx wrote: »
    just to be clear u CAN farm R8 (tons of grinding and DQ drops) and use ur hard earned coins for wraith badges (sold by players near the commander in chief in arch)..and as for the armor and wep just a cpl mill at 1k streams...so be sure u know u can't farm it b4 u do sound like an ***.....ijs b:victory

Also if you have a good set of friends you can run warsong and get plenty of rep from the emblems and medals. 1 emblem 25 rep 1 medal 25 rep badges so 625 rep. Not to mention if you do a lot of full warsongs you could actually farm those nice belts. But hey who would want to farm for endgame gear when you can just use visa b:question Free to play games give advantages to pay to play players that will never change. Spend time farming/merchanting and you can get there, it just takes a long *** time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Also if you have a good set of friends you can run warsong and get plenty of rep from the emblems and medals. 1 emblem 25 rep 1 medal 25 rep badges so 625 rep. Not to mention if you do a lot of full warsongs you could actually farm those nice belts. But hey who would want to farm for endgame gear when you can just use visa b:question Free to play games give advantages to pay to play players that will never change. Spend time farming/merchanting and you can get there, it just takes a long *** time.

Are you suggesting people PLAY the game? No f$cking way. PLAY the game. REALLY? I thought people just hung out in West Arch or SP killing each other accomplishing nothing or spent their time looking for others to play the game for them via FC. Do you mean people ACTUALLY play the game? Wow... I thought actually PLAYING THE GOD D@MN game was over. Your suggestion is almost crazy... people take time to actually PLAY the game and enjoy it? People cant fly across the map with out someone doing it for them... how would people EVER take time to actually PLAY the game.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    b:chuckle it's a novel concept isn't it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Ukkie - Sanctuary
    Ukkie - Sanctuary Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    Are you suggesting people PLAY the game? No f$cking way. PLAY the game. REALLY? I thought people just hung out in West Arch or SP killing each other accomplishing nothing or spent their time looking for others to play the game for them via FC. Do you mean people ACTUALLY play the game? Wow... I thought actually PLAYING THE GOD D@MN game was over. Your suggestion is almost crazy... people take time to actually PLAY the game and enjoy it? People cant fly across the map with out someone doing it for them... how would people EVER take time to actually PLAY the game.

Totally agree with this guy! Playing the Game.. c'mon... you gotta be nuts to do that.
    Gentlemen, I believe I am on fire
  • haustorium27
    haustorium27 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    me and my friend are both clerics and we are bothe the same lvl....so with that in mind we tend to pwoer lvl each other...lol..while LEARNING OUR CHARACTER AND PLAYING THE GAME!!!b:shockedb:shocked
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Still wondering where the option for "-int is the root of all PWI evil" option. b:lipcurl
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Still wondering where the option for "-int is the root of all PWI evil" option. b:lipcurl

Wo... Er, other MMO's have APS. It's just done properly. Like Stealth. And PVP. And Balance. And... Well, you know, just about everything else too.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Kieraa - Lost City
    Kieraa - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Honestly I'm sick of the people who were p-lved and can't play there class because they were too busy doing frost to learn..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You know?
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Ok me personally, I am getting SICK AND TIRED of plvl people. You can hardly find a squad anymore where there isn`t a power-lelver in there. You don`t learn how to play your toon and you have no clue what you are doing. What ever happened to hard work and getting to know your class??

I`d like to see how other people feel about this subject.

Please vote =)

I, myself don't encourage people to power level, but that is how they want to play, why stop them. I also find it so odd everyone is sick of other people power leveling when they also did it lol (dailies... ahem). I'm glad I never even cared about leveling, and yet I am proud of my characters that are even level 10s :D. Even though I have 81 highest, but its really not about leveling. I would never trust randoms again, unless if I am on a veno or barb so I can escape squad wipes xD.

What good is leveling if you don't know how to play your char? As I would say to people. Everyone SHOULD have learned how to play the game when they reach level 40.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    Eilexa - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Well poll is closed so I can't vote, but it would have been YES, I agree, most of them don't know how to play their class properly.
    "Care Bear" b:chuckle

Proud member of Drakon - forever !! RAWR
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I power lvl'd my cleric alt and bought rank 8, then decided to learn how to play it.

I think I'm doing it right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Wow, who dug this 1 up again after so long?? and why???b:puzzled

I must be in some sorta (Twilight Zone) episode b:surrender, No scratch that.....

b:chuckle ??But how many pages back, did you guys have too go and look through, to,0 find this 1 again?? b:chuckle

This thing Musta been on like (page 14) by the time you guys dug it up...

Oh well, atleast it wasn't like those (2008) 1s, that peaple have been digging up lately, so I guess its not that bad.....b:bye
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Honestly I'm sick of the people who were p-lved and can't play there class because they were too busy doing frost to learn..

We were all sick of the players that didn't plvl and couldn't play their class. Power leveling is a method to gain levels, if the player doesn't want to bother to learn their class then they wouldn't if they leveled any other way either.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • demonofall
    demonofall Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Well what I can say is that, I left PWI a while back around last September, then came back just this last April. When I left, there was no such thing as power leveling in FC (at least beyond head sellers). Coming back to the game to see tons of Power Leveling ads in World Chat was really strange to me. lol...

And then I noticed the quality of players there are currently... There are far too many nubby people now. And I think it has to do in part with the plvling... I notice more the clerics since I played one for a few years and consider myself above-average at the class. I've met some 60+ clerics who didn't even know what purify did. Some of them spam chromatic heal when only one person needed a few IH or wellspring cast on them. Stuff like that, that ends up really irking me. Why take so much time to cast chromatic when you could save the tank much quicker by casting a faster single person heal on them? Some don't even stack IH sometimes. ><

Just stuff like that...

I leveled this mystic to 70 before I admittedly, started paying for plvl but by that time I felt I had the class down pat so to speak. Eventually people preferred me than a cleric in FC runs etc lol.

Now it seems the big thing is "JFC". I watched someone spam WC last night for over an hour trying to find a barb for FF 100+. In that time they could have run FF normally probably at least twice. And you know if they want specifically a barb, they're more than likely looking to glitch, they don't even need to say it.

The saddest part is that I've seen people try to form normal 100+ FF squads and they actually have to state that it is a "normal FF". What are we coming to guys? I mean really.

What's the point in getting to end-game so goddang fast anyway? Personally I find it hard to keep busy without getting bored.

About the cleric's that dont use IH. I hate cleric's that never us IH, done ff so many times and i cant tell you how many times i have died becuase a cleric spams party heal instead of IH when im the only one taking damage. Thats when you have the right to blame the cleric's
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I power lvl'd my cleric alt and bought rank 8, then decided to learn how to play it.

I think I'm doing it right.

I'd say you've got a pretty good idea of how to do it. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Today I saw a WC advertising for FC heads for 82-92. Thats the highest lvl range I've seen so far but it goes up each week now.

Either ppl buying exp runs at 92 are insane or don't want to put a penny into anything but end game armor. I hope its the latter. Though I think at 92 you could do FC runs with NPC armor and herb/crab meat pots.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    good lord if you are to powerlevel make sure that you are not a level 1 veno with a level 1 herc.

It won't do you any good if after 1 hour of solo fc and 55 levels later you find out that your multimillion dollar pet is still level 1b:shocked
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Personally I dont care how someone has lvled up because it is entirely up to the player how he/she wants to play the game. But it is a shame that the game now encourages to lvl fast and end up poor in the end while offering the gear for $.

I really hate the rank system because it is not a reward for players who help others anymore or who have done many quests it has been converted to a set of cash armor even when not sold directly in the shop. I retired some months ago because for me the whole game environment has changed in a way which I could not stand anymore. Powerleveling is not the problem but if you play the game the old fashioned way by completing quests doing instances .... you just waste time because in the end people will look at you and say what you dont have r9 or r8 at least gtfo. Moreover the game forces you to play at least 1 character for money making preferably a sin or bm or veno.

When I first played PW some years ago the system with the original 6 classes was pretty balanced and every class had some points now some classes are horribly disadvantaged like wizards or barbs. Moreover not only that the new classes are more powerfull when it comes to their skills they could have been balanced better. It looks like the good old days of PWI being a team based game has converted to a game where individual players only play for themself. If you choose some classes you can start at lvl 1 saying fail because the class can be replaced by another class without drawbacks for the squad. Some classes are now perverted like a barb that uses claws instead of the poles or axes the class is supposed to wear.... so it is not the plvling itself that causes the problem because plvling only gives new players the chance to catch up with the old players and if you think about it most of the players 101+ have no motivation to go for 105 they rather roll an alt and another alt and another alt .... I guess if you substract the number of alts you will see that the real amount of low lvl players is low. The reason for this is that new players either have the choice to cash to be able to compete or they always will be the worst equipped players with the lowest amount of money in the game unless they are willing to stop acutally playing the game and merchant for months to be able to finance their toon

greetz harm0wnie