Sick of Power-Levelers??

Comments

• Sesshomaru - Lothranis
    Sesshomaru - Lothranis Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    i agree it messes up the game in the sense that levelling is not achievement anymore, and instances are not as challenging. However i disagree with plvlers being worse players (provided they played say for 1 week) since this game does not take much skills.
  • Maiyr - Lost City
    Maiyr - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Grind and quest for months and months spamming those same 1 2 3 button repeatly doesnt make an expert on your class. It a huge waste of time when u can just plvl in a much shorter timeframe then learn your class in a few hours. Imo, Major part of the knowledge is picked up in instances and pvp not hours and hours of mindless grinding/questing.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Power leveling, truthfully i dont care for it,
    But if they want rush to become a super high lvl,
    then goto forums and moan about lack of end game content,
    Hopefully then rage quit.
    I will have peace questing and grinding till the next one comes along. lol
    Me i like questing and will take my time to finish game.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Grind and quest for months and months spamming those same 1 2 3 button repeatly doesnt make an expert on your class. It a huge waste of time when u can just plvl in a much shorter timeframe then learn your class in a few hours. Imo, Major part of the knowledge is picked up in instances and pvp not hours and hours of mindless grinding/questing.

When you miss 80% of game and then say that you are "expert" ... you are expert for those levels that you play.

But, you can move from one side of the map to another and say that you are "expert", because you had played already.

...Imo, Major part of the knowledge is picked up in instances and pvp not hours and hours of mindless grinding/questing.

What instances ? High level only ?

PvP is just one aspect of game especially at PvE server (where you can just PvE if you want).

And about buttons ... if you can press just 3 buttons to play, yea it is boring for you.

I myself use much more than 3 buttons.

Edit:
    Sorry, you are Assassin.
    All melee classes have auto attack, so they are experts from the start of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Imo, Major part of the knowledge is picked up in instances and pvp not hours and hours of mindless grinding/questing.

You mean the instances people are skipping because they would rather power level?

A good portion of them stop "power leveling" around 80 since a lot of the runners only take 1-79... can you imagine what some of us have to put up with when doing BH or other instances with them?

There are clerics that don't know which spells they should be using or when to purify the tank... that's assuming they have purify and know what it does. Tideborns that have absolutely no idea how to do anything except spam attacks and die. Venos that run around without pets or refuse to use them because they aren't leveled up... gee I wonder why. Some people are 80+ and still running around in 1 star level 30 stuff. I don't care if they have godly gear in storage that they can't wear yet! They aren't contributing a damn thing to the party if they are totally avoiding combat or eating dirt every other step.

Doing bounty hunters (and other things that encourage partying with others) instead of power leveling is a great way to get to know your class and a little about the others. Don't get me wrong, it's amusing when one of the power leveled scrubs nearly causes a party wipe and wonders why the psychic isn't being useful and resurrecting people while the cleric runs back... but at the same time it's sad.

Faster is not always better. Spending a ton of money for power leveling and awesome gear does not automatically make someone good at the game. Most classes require a little more than pushing 3 buttons.
  • Rubride - Lost City
    Rubride - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    My opinion, as long you know how to use your class, you're good to go.
    Getting back onto PWI again. Should be fun XD

Rubride - Lv100 Sage Amp Veno (2nd Reborn)
  • RosangeIa - Heavens Tear
    RosangeIa - Heavens Tear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    When you miss 80% of game and then say that you are "expert" ... you are expert for those levels that you play.

But, you can move from one side of the map to another and say that you are "expert", because you had played already.

PvP is just one aspect of game especially at PvE server (where you can just PvE if you want).

And about buttons ... if you can press just 3 buttons to play, yea it is boring for you.

Edit:
    Sorry, you are Assassin.
    All melee classes have auto attack, so they are experts from the start of the game.

Lol, I used to say a lot to my guildies that I found assassins boring to play because the most they really do at high levels in terms of pve is hit with Rib, then initiate the spark>hit hit hit>spark macro. XD Because it's pretty much true. I think I used more skills with my sin as I was leveling her than I do now (on anything, not just bosses in instances). I'm telling you, 5 APS makes the game hella boring. Just sparking and watching stuff die. Might be a thrill for some but I find it bloody boring... That's why I like playing my mystic more even though she can't solo the things my sin can. Granted some things like soloing FF does take a little more timing with sparking and stuff like that but it's not rocket science either lol.

All the people for APS I'm surprised to be honest, that playstyle is just so boring to me.

Think I said boring a little too much... >.>

Anyway I'm not QQing about APS I promise. It's just not a playstyle I find particularly challenging.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here since October 2008 ;)

Check out my Art Corner:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1212861
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Power leveling, truthfully i dont care for it,
    But if they want rush to become a super high lvl,
    then goto forums and moan about lack of end game content,
    Hopefully then rage quit.
    I will have peace questing and grinding till the next one comes along. lol
    Me i like questing and will take my time to finish game.

+1b:victory
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    V_m_ - Harshlands Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Ok me personally, I am getting SICK AND TIRED of plvl people. You can hardly find a squad anymore where there isn`t a power-lelver in there. You don`t learn how to play your toon and you have no clue what you are doing. What ever happened to hard work and getting to know your class??

I`d like to see how other people feel about this subject.

Please vote =)

whatever happened to quests that actually gave good exp and rep? PWE, where are your brains at? i think we already know that question qq
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"perfect world isnt perfect, but its better than this so called "reality""
  • Maiyr - Lost City
    edited October 2011

Edit:
    Sorry, you are Assassin.

1) I totally do not understand your first point.
    2) All instances you can learn something from it provided its a grp effort not getting a high level to power you through.
    3) This is very dependable on what class your playing, 3 buttons depending on the class in the case of old school way ....the famous "zhen" or general mob grinds/questing. What i meant was eventually u can find a standard and most cost effective sequence to do those tasks which u can eventually macro or 1 2 3 it. Most of the mobs behavior ingame are too predictable.
    4) Your biased against the sin class. Nice low blow. Firstly i dont really like the sin class in this game but i had been playing rogues in other games for years, that is the reason why i made one. And autoatk(aps) is OP in PVE and but in PVP doesnt work that way..no decent player will stand there like mobs and let u auto them to death.

Fyi i grinded an archer from 1-89 doing zhens/quests/solo grinding in another version of pwi where there are no BHs/no Hypers/no frosts...etc they have training scrolls tho. It was really braindead to the ultimate.
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Lol, I used to say a lot to my guildies that I found assassins boring to play because the most they really do at high levels in terms of pve is hit with Rib, then initiate the spark>hit hit hit>spark macro. XD Because it's pretty much true. I think I used more skills with my sin as I was leveling her than I do now (on anything, not just bosses in instances). I'm telling you, 5 APS makes the game hella boring. Just sparking and watching stuff die. Might be a thrill for some but I find it bloody boring... That's why I like playing my mystic more even though she can't solo the things my sin can. Granted some things like soloing FF does take a little more timing with sparking and stuff like that but it's not rocket science either lol.

All the people for APS I'm surprised to be honest, that playstyle is just so boring to me.

Think I said boring a little too much... >.>

Anyway I'm not QQing about APS I promise. It's just not a playstyle I find particularly challenging.

Yeah, but you have to keep in mind that the goal of a lot of people who go for APS isn't to be challenged. I can see why some people would go 5APS in PvE (for farming, of course), but a lot of the people who do it for PvP do it just because it makes everything extremely easy. They get a thrill out of being able to kill 90% of the population by pressing one button for spark, stunning, and then double clicking.

To some it may get boring after a while, but to those who truly don't care about anything other than "winning", I'm sure it doesn't.
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • Maiyr - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    You mean the instances people are skipping because they would rather power level?

A good portion of them stop "power leveling" around 80 since a lot of the runners only take 1-79... can you imagine what some of us have to put up with when doing BH or other instances with them?

There are clerics that don't know which spells they should be using or when to purify the tank... that's assuming they have purify and know what it does. Tideborns that have absolutely no idea how to do anything except spam attacks and die. Venos that run around without pets or refuse to use them because they aren't leveled up... gee I wonder why. Some people are 80+ and still running around in 1 star level 30 stuff. I don't care if they have godly gear in storage that they can't wear yet! They aren't contributing a damn thing to the party if they are totally avoiding combat or eating dirt every other step.

Doing bounty hunters (and other things that encourage partying with others) instead of power leveling is a great way to get to know your class and a little about the others. Don't get me wrong, it's amusing when one of the power leveled scrubs nearly causes a party wipe and wonders why the psychic isn't being useful and resurrecting people while the cleric runs back... but at the same time it's sad.

Faster is not always better. Spending a ton of money for power leveling and awesome gear does not automatically make someone good at the game. Most classes require a little more than pushing 3 buttons.

What you mentioned is a player issue, has got nothing to do with plvling. I fully agree that some players do not contribute at all to the party, they simply expect to be "carried" through, however that is again a player issue. Agree and disagree....gears gives a player a BIG advantage in this game, it doesnt make the player good but it does makes the char good. What i am saying is that in PVE, it is so braindead that u can eventually find the most effective way to do things and it can be as simple as 1 2 3.
  • Actiniaria - Heavens Tear
    Actiniaria - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    As a CASUAL gamer (10-15 hours a week) And I have gone long periods without playing (months at a time). I am proud to say I have a well geared lvl 81 Herc Veno, and a Lvl 83 Sin. It has taken me 3 years, Im not a hardcore gamer, I simply enjoy the game. But the fact that I have been able to Plvl a bm to the same lvl as my mains, in 3 DAYS!!! Is utterly ridiculous. I used 10-15 hypers... It is sad that Money=Fun now in this game. And of course with this influx of many high level players and the want for R9 gear, PW now sells gear! and Rep! Rep that used to take tonnes of quest grinding, FB helping, is now a click away. (Mind you, some of the rep req. is ridiculous). Gone are the days when a simple shout for help with an FB ending with dozens of pm's from high lvls... TW is now dominated by these high lvl players, who obviously have nothing else to do in their lives than max refine their gear with cash that no one else can get, and attack people who have already spent 2 hours, and countless dice tickets in the F*ing cube... And now we Have a new breed of High lvl's, who see this game as "Achieving the highest level" rather than "Free to Play Fun". Sorry for the rant, but those are my opinions.
  • hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    bh, oracles, pv, and cs are forms of power leveling.

FF is just a better version of power leveling.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Without pleveling every old time player would have quit by now.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Without pleveling every old time player would have quit by now.

Really?

I've been playing since October of 2008.

I don't power level.

You've got it pretty much backwards.

Powerleveling has caused a lot of the old timers who ****ing WORKED for what they got (one person I know Merched R8 before badges ever went on sale, and when R9 became available, got it via grinding and merchanting) to quit. If you make the general community stupid and hand them everything on a platter for however many dollars, do you think that those of us who remember what 2008 was like for this game really want to keep hanging around? I've left on and off for upwards of a year. Next time I quit, most likely, I will be deleting all of my characters and not coming back ever again.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Onehunglow - Sanctuary
    Onehunglow - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    i feel the same. I worked for years to get my toons to lvl 90
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    all gear means is that you can stand there longer while u ponder what skill you should use because you have NO IDEA what your doing.

b:laughROFLMAO!!!!b:laugh

Ain't that the truth!! for every 1/(Power leveler) who knows their skills & Class (20/Nerf It like pre-schoolers)b:chuckle

then Whine!!b:cry When we no longer trust the run of the Mill!! fail Baby~P'leveler.. b:pleased

I don't mind someone (power leveling) After They've "Cleaned Out Their Quest Listings!" So long as they stop! "Too Clear Their New Quests Again!" once they make their new level, B4 they go back to (PL'ing) again.....But most just 'Pay~Their Alts Ways, through the levels now a days' and don't learn from watching others of the same class that're on squad who know what their doing......Oh for the good old days b4 anyone even used Oracles to level let alone (Head Hunt) XP Non-Stop, like a bunch of Crack Addicts lookin for ever more fixes.......~_~'!
  • Actiniaria - Heavens Tear
    Actiniaria - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2011

At least BH requires you to find other people, and work as a group to fight through a dungeon (even with wines) and eliminate a boss together. Oracles were fine once in a while, but when ppl started to abuse them... CS. I can honestly say I use it. Sometimes I only get 10 min in the morning before work to play. Are you saying I dont deserve ANY XP gain that day because im busy providing for my family by working? And FF is fine, just like any other instance, but again, people areABUSINGit.
    edited October 2011
    At least BH requires you to find other people, and work as a group to fight through a dungeon (even with wines) and eliminate a boss together. Oracles were fine once in a while, but when ppl started to abuse them... CS. I can honestly say I use it. Sometimes I only get 10 min in the morning before work to play. Are you saying I dont deserve ANY XP gain that day because im busy providing for my family by working? And FF is fine, just like any other instance, but again, people areABUSINGit.

Yeah, BH was... fine I guess. But even making squads for it isn't needed. Or rather, people can be lazy with it too. Find some high level who's bored, or one of the people who needs it has a high level they plan to solo it with and no work has to be done by the rest of the squad at all. And in the end they again, learn nothing. It's almost become no different than watching an Assassin solo Frost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Check out my Art Corner:
  • HildieGarde - Heavens Tear
    HildieGarde - Heavens Tear Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited October 2011

BH, Oracles, PV and CS are NOT forms of powerleveling. They are all quests and are level (and except for oracles) time restricted. Ie. only one per day. With the exception of CS, they all require some actual fighting, which helps teach them about their class.

FF on the other hand allows a very low level to simply tag along naked except for hypers and zoom up to a very high level in hours.

Even so I wouldn't mind it that much if those people geared themselves properly, updated their skills and learned how to play their class before joining a BH and causing problems for the others.
  • SeaI - Sanctuary
    SeaI - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Has Power-leveling changed the game?

not really, I say this because, even before all the power leveling now of days, instead of noobs, we called them failed <-- now its hyper baby.

the only difference between now & than. theirs more nub cakes who still don't know what they F*** they're doing.
  • Njdragon - Heavens Tear
    Njdragon - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Ok here is another PERFECT example of plvl and what its done to this game:

I was in FF 2 days ago, and there was a lvl 94 sin in there (i generally dont mind a sin or 2 in my FF) and I took a look over his gears and almost peed myself i was laughing so hard.
    this sin, I kid u not people, had a lvl 1 helmet on from the VERY BEGINNING of his career, as well as few other very very low lvl pieces of equipment. But I`ll be damned, he did have hook & thorns and -int sleeves on...This sin died approx 6 times per FF run (we did 2 for a total of approx. 12 times). It was so sad, but yet so funny that this guy had the balls to come into our FF run and THINK he could do anything, I mean FFS he could even solo shades.

For the record though, BH, CS, PV, WQ, and especially TT (or HH for some) are NOT forms of plvl, and since I will get arguments on this, here is why:

BH - requires you to find a squad to complete the challenge of a dungeon. Some skip FINDING a squad and just find a 100+ to help them out.

CS - I really shouldn`t have to explain this to people, but here it goes...IT`S A QUEST, that you can only do ONE time per day, and you get really minimal EXP for it, plus you have to PAY for it. As some of you might know also, once you hit certain lvls (i.e 41, 61, 81) the amount you have to pay increases as you need higher lvl stones to complete it.

PV - This one is edgy, because you can hyper thru it and get good exp. But once again you can only do it ONCE per day, and you have to meet the lvl requirement for it.

WQ - Once again I should NOT have to explain this to people. If you honestly think that flying around for 1 1/2 hours (thinking you have good aerogear) to get low exp, you deserve a helmet. This takes so dang long to do that I don`t even do it anymore.

TT (HH) - Ok now this is really getting dumb...This is a FARMING instance, and I don`t mean exp farming neither. This is like the bare minimum exp, you are better off grinding mobs for exp that this.

I personally enjoy quests, especially the Cultivation you get out at the mines (my personal favorite). I have done the SAME quests multiple times, but to get to experience that with different toons is fun. I am a old school player and I will NEVER change my ways to plvl and lose out on fun or any of my FB`s. Plus I really wouldn`t like doing culti for a week, just to catch up and have skills I should have had 30 lvls ago (atleast).

Now all you plvlers can say all the bad you want about what I just said, but you really just need to face the facts. If you don`t want to, then thats your choice, but I say THANK YOU to all the good old school players like me, trust me, I also remember when BH and hypers came out.
    Rewind to 2008. Before aps, plvl, etc. Back when we all used to LAUGH at bm`s with fists because they couldn`t do any damage compared to pure axe bmb:laugh

Man them were the good days.
  • Morell - Lost City
    Morell - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    in 8x-9x frost squad someone said "we cant kill this, we need high lvl" for the last boss.....

i saw a bm who thought they had to have squad lead in frost to get exp.

mystic, who kept putting up red herb on himself, far away from the boss where all melee classes were attacking.

lvl 101 cleric who couldnt understand why she would die over and over when barb lured a zillion mobs into BB without aggroing them.

lvl 9x cleric that didnt have BB skill.

and last but not least,

lvl 7x veno with HA armor on hitting mobs with a blade, asking me how i got that pet on my veno.

guys i dont QQ about this game usually, i usually have the attitude of "its a game play or dont play if you dont like it". But i like this game and this power lvling is killing the game one fail squad at a time.

its not all about the pvp but the game is not designed as each to his own. its design so that tank needs healer, healer needs tank, they need DD's etc...

i have nothing against noobs, or better termed, newbies in game, we were all new once upon a time. the diffrence is some of us learned the game. the people who didnt learn is making it really hard to play.
    edited October 2011
    ^ Or to better put it (in my opinion at least), they do not have the room to learn. They power level themselves to 80+ and are put into situations where any normally leveled 80+ would know exactly what to do most of the time. Like... when to use purify (in terms of playing cleric) or you know something like that.

I still STILL see clerics spamming Chromatic even at 101+. And I'm just... I have no words for it. they all think Chromatic is the only answer. Why they all only use it in situations when it sometimes isn't even needed is beyond me.

Not like I'd spam comforting mist every time I see only one player getting hit... and it's for the exact same reasons a cleric shouldn't. Casting time is too long, takes up more mana, and quite frankly it's a waste.

I guess it doesn't matter since they still get the job done but... god. Even so... it's just sad. My generation of players seem like they're either long-gone, in big TW factions or... idk... on hiatus somewhere. The new generation just don't seem to have a clue sometimes. Even without FF power leveling, I think BH pushes people too quickly through their levels.

Seems like PWI has the problem of, either it'd be too much or not enough.

I can't say I necessarily enjoyed fishing or grinding butterflies on my cleric a few years ago... or zhenning... but the quickly paced leveling of these days isn't much better if players aren't given proper time to learn the game. There needs to be some sort of in-between.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Check out my Art Corner:
  • Njdragon - Heavens Tear
    Njdragon - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    in 8x-9x frost squad someone said "we cant kill this, we need high lvl" for the last boss.....

i saw a bm who thought they had to have squad lead in frost to get exp.

mystic, who kept putting up red herb on himself, far away from the boss where all melee classes were attacking.

lvl 101 cleric who couldnt understand why she would die over and over when barb lured a zillion mobs into BB without aggroing them.

lvl 9x cleric that didnt have BB skill.

and last but not least,

lvl 7x veno with HA armor on hitting mobs with a blade, asking me how i got that pet on my veno.

guys i dont QQ about this game usually, i usually have the attitude of "its a game play or dont play if you dont like it". But i like this game and this power lvling is killing the game one fail squad at a time.

its not all about the pvp but the game is not designed as each to his own. its design so that tank needs healer, healer needs tank, they need DD's etc...

i have nothing against noobs, or better termed, newbies in game, we were all new once upon a time. the diffrence is some of us learned the game. the people who didnt learn is making it really hard to play.

Damn, and I thought my experiences were bad, I almost wanna cry reading that!! idk if more from laughter or because that is some of the worst stuff I`ve heard in a while!b:shocked
    Rewind to 2008. Before aps, plvl, etc. Back when we all used to LAUGH at bm`s with fists because they couldn`t do any damage compared to pure axe bmb:laugh

Man them were the good days.
  • Morell - Lost City
    Morell - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Actually i think the game is designed very well in the terms of "in between". it teaches you step by step if you do your quests. and when you get the hang of it you get crazy stone and bh. without those it d be too boring to grind all the time. and afte 74-80 when lvling gets too slow you have the option of frost or doing other things to get exp.

if the game is played instead of power lvled clear through, you do get to learn your class.

^ the point above with clerics using chromatic, at least it gets the job done even tho i agree, no point in using it to heal a single player, i am sick of dying because cleric will not pile IH but will try to keep me alive with wellspring. thats pathetic.

also since i lvled a mystic to around 70, i found out that mystics are actually as good as clerics for healing in a squad. they only lack purify. but if you know how to use herbs, heals and salvation, there s no reason you couldnt get your squad through any instance. you just need to know that at some bosses salvation will die, or at some bosses you need to put up herb further or which heal to use for what situation. these are learning your class and learning the game.

its not so hard for a sin to learn; during boss, use rib strike and use subsea instead of sparking, so you wont steal aggro but help the squad.

speaking for myself, i learned most of the things about classes that i played, by either experience, (seriously after killing a zillion mobs you really know which combo is best for what type of attack mob) or someone told me and i didnt rage at them.

also the raging is getting old. in a squad where sin keeps sparking and stealing aggro and dying i try to tell all polite and nice, to either take off blessing or to use subsea instead of sparking or using chill of the deep, (i m telling cuz obviously you didnt think of doing it and you re dying) i get a lot of "****! dont tell me how to f'ing play nooobbss!!11!!1" which is en etirely different matter. i digress.

but the point is, it s not just about 1 class or in 1 situation. it s a whole lot of situations for different class that will MAKE THE GAME MORE FUN FOR YOU IF YOU LEARN how to play it.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    ^ Or to better put it (in my opinion at least), they do not have the room to learn. They power level themselves to 80+ and are put into situations where any normally leveled 80+ would know exactly what to do most of the time. Like... when to use purify (in terms of playing cleric) or you know something like that.

I still STILL see clerics spamming Chromatic even at 101+. And I'm just... I have no words for it. they all think Chromatic is the only answer. Why they all only use it in situations when it sometimes isn't even needed is beyond me.

Not like I'd spam comforting mist every time I see only one player getting hit... and it's for the exact same reasons a cleric shouldn't. Casting time is too long, takes up more mana, and quite frankly it's a waste.

I guess it doesn't matter since they still get the job done but... god. Even so... it's just sad. My generation of players seem like they're either long-gone, in big TW factions or... idk... on hiatus somewhere. The new generation just don't seem to have a clue sometimes. Even without FF power leveling, I think BH pushes people too quickly through their levels.

Seems like PWI has the problem of, either it'd be too much or not enough.

I can't say I necessarily enjoyed fishing or grinding butterflies on my cleric a few years ago... or zhenning... but the quickly paced leveling of these days isn't much better if players aren't given proper time to learn the game. There needs to be some sort of in-between.

:c i wonder why you still play. :) same question i am asking myself. Maybe i got hope this game will improve but slowly i am getting tired lol. Probably stop at christmas ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gallax13th
    gallax13th Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Powerleveling = <-Stupid lazy noobs. I advise them to quit the game and bash their computer into bits. then impale themselves through each eye with the sharded metal.
  • Veri - Lothranis
    Veri - Lothranis Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    gallax13th wrote: »
    Powerleveling = <-Stupid lazy noobs. I advise them to quit the game and bash their computer into bits. then impale themselves through each eye with the sharded metal.

Stop trolling... Everyone knows that doing quests / BH's / whatnot only makes your reflexes dull and corrodes the brain. Hurry your sorry **** to the higher levels and start bashing the keyboard like a maniac in PvP and learn to react fast or even better learn to react by reflex.

Bla bla bla questing teaches you how to play... BS ! Learning to play character with 1/4 of the available skills and spells makes it even harder to learn when you finally get all of them.