Is PWE/PWCN Working on a Sequel?

13»

Comments

• V_m_ - Harshlands
    V_m_ - Harshlands Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    As most of us know PWI is slowly dying, the class imbalance, inflation, bugs and lack of new content is no news to us veterans.

I have looked at several of the other Titles in the PWE stable and it seems to me that they are all cheap mini games designed to grab a few players and Zen for a while. None of them even hold a candle to the graphics and gameplay of PW, despite all of PWIs faults.

That being said, the world trend is towards even more incredible MMOs. Better graphics, non-grindy gameplay, and dynamic events (similar to a not mentionable game coming out next year)

It seems to me that anyone in the PWE/PWCN management with a brain would have been developing the next generation PW. Especially since they foolishly got rid of the original development team and therefore cannot properly update and fix things.

What do you think, any rumours, inside info?

i heard from random people i talk to that PWE is working on a new expansion with new class and what not. as to when it comes out, hell if anyone knows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"perfect world isnt perfect, but its better than this so called "reality""
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Me thinks you need to actually check out definitions before claiming things about them:

dying
    adjective -
    1. ceasing to live; approaching death; expiring: a dying man.
    2. of, pertaining to, or associated with death: his dying hour.
    3. given, uttered, or manifested just before death: her dying words.
    4. drawing to a close; ending: the dying year.
    noun -
    5. the act or process of ceasing to live, ending, or drawing to a close.

So, no, by definition only things that are near/approaching death are "dying".

Anyone who says, "He's dying; he only has about 40 to 60 years to live," would be assumed to be either joking or an idiot, because dying doesn't mean what you claim it means.

So now the question is, is arguing with you pointless, or will you admit that you're wrong? (FYI - Attempts to weasel out of that definition put you in the former category.)

I thought this thread was dead but apparently not, lol. Anyway, my definition was based more on Product Life Cycle, since this game is a product.

Here are two definitions that imply implicitly and explicitly "dying".

What Does Life Cycle Mean?
    The course of events that brings a new product into existence and follows its growth into a mature product and into eventual critical mass and decline. The most common steps in the life cycle of a product include the following phases:

Product Development Phase - Includes market analysis, product design, conception, and testing.

Market Introduction Phase - Initial release of the product, usually marked with high levels of advertising.

Growth Phase - Sales growth begins to accelerate, characterized with increasing sales year-over-year. As production levels increase, gross margins should steadily decline, making the product less profitable on a per-unit basis. An increase in competition is probable.

Maturity Phase - The product will reach the upper bounds of its demand cycle and further spending on advertising will have little to no effect on increasing demand.

Decline/Stability Phase - This is where a product has reached or passed its point of highest demand. At this point, demand will either remain steady or slowly decline as a newer product makes it obsolete.

(From Investopedia)
    ----

Product life-cycle (PLC) Like human beings, products also have a life-cycle. From birth to death, human beings pass through various stages e.g. birth, growth, maturity, decline and death. A similar life-cycle is seen in the case of products. The product life cycle goes through multiple phases, involves many professional disciplines, and requires many skills, tools and processes. Product life cycle (PLC) has to do with the life of a product in the market with respect to business/commercial costs and sales measures.

(From Wikipedia)

Anyways, my main point was that I was hoping PWE/PWCN was working on significant expansions or even better a PW3. So that in 1-2 years from now we will have a superior game to go to that retains some of the features we like from this game and adds more new ones.

I think they were trying to do that with the acquisition of Cryptic Studios, but the titles in their portfolio aren't that good IMHO.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I thought this thread was dead but apparently not, lol. Anyway, my definition was based more on Product Life Cycle, since this game is a product.

Here are two definitions that imply implicitly and explicitly "dying".

What Does Life Cycle Mean?
    The course of events that brings a new product into existence and follows its growth into a mature product and into eventual critical mass and decline. The most common steps in the life cycle of a product include the following phases:

Product Development Phase - Includes market analysis, product design, conception, and testing.

Market Introduction Phase - Initial release of the product, usually marked with high levels of advertising.

Growth Phase - Sales growth begins to accelerate, characterized with increasing sales year-over-year. As production levels increase, gross margins should steadily decline, making the product less profitable on a per-unit basis. An increase in competition is probable.

Maturity Phase - The product will reach the upper bounds of its demand cycle and further spending on advertising will have little to no effect on increasing demand.

Decline/Stability Phase - This is where a product has reached or passed its point of highest demand. At this point, demand will either remain steady or slowly decline as a newer product makes it obsolete.

(From Investopedia)
    ----

Product life-cycle (PLC) Like human beings, products also have a life-cycle. From birth to death, human beings pass through various stages e.g. birth, growth, maturity, decline and death. A similar life-cycle is seen in the case of products. The product life cycle goes through multiple phases, involves many professional disciplines, and requires many skills, tools and processes. Product life cycle (PLC) has to do with the life of a product in the market with respect to business/commercial costs and sales measures.

(From Wikipedia)

Anyways, my main point was that I was hoping PWE/PWCN was working on significant expansions or even better a PW3. So that in 1-2 years from now we will have a superior game to go to that retains some of the features we like from this game and adds more new ones.

I think they were trying to do that with the acquisition of Cryptic Studios, but the titles in their portfolio aren't that good IMHO.

So.. uh... with your powers of observation, you figured out that when something has a life cycle, it's bound to die.
    That doesn't mean the game will be shut down anytime soon, or that it won't get revived by another company if in the case pwi does die.

Also, as stated over and over, even if a sequel were to be made, it will end up like fw: overhyped and short-lived with packs being run down its throat.
    Original devs gave this game life, current devs are running it down to the ground.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    @Bubbles, I have no idea what you have against me. I was just responding to Sangodoc's insinuation that I don't know anything about definitions.

No need to be snarky about it. *rolleyes*
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    @Bubbles, I have no idea what you have against me. I was just responding to Sangodoc's insinuation that I don't know anything about definitions.

No need to be snarky about it. *rolleyes*

I have nothing against you.
    I just find your assumptions... amusing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    I have nothing against you.
    I just find your assumptions... amusing.

Well I'm glad to have entertained you.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I see no reason to keep this topic open since it has turned into a flame war.

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.