Is PWE/PWCN Working on a Sequel?

Comments

• SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Technically, this *is* the sequel, Perfect World 2 it is it is, if you think this one is a dinosaur, look at the original (google is your friend).. tho i admit i'd love a new game with the same world (mostly) and classes but with an updated engine, just imagine, PW with graphics that would make console rpg's jealous ;)
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Technically, this *is* the sequel, Perfect World 2 it is it is, if you think this one is a dinosaur, look at the original (google is your friend).. tho i admit i'd love a new game with the same world (mostly) and classes but with an updated engine, just imagine, PW with graphics that would make console rpg's jealous ;)
    It may be a sequel for PWCN P2P players but not for US PWI players who got this version as their first experience. Unless you mean that the Genesis expansion is a sequel.

What I'm thinking should be done is more like a total reset. Similar to what EQ did going to EQ2, where they essentially went 1000 years into the future.

You have the same somewhat familiar worlds, locations races, but an upgraded graphics engine and improved gameplay. (By that I mean less grind and more varied content at all levels.)

That way everyone starts afresh and you don't have Veteran & Cashshop 102+ players stuck at endgame (not to mention the class imbalance) with few new players entering to populate midgame.

Actually to me an upgraded graphics engine isn't as important as more varied character models. I'm so tired of seeing mobs & bosses that are basically recolored/resized versions of others. Graphics at max settings isn't that bad, although it probably will be eclipsed by other studios if it isn't improved.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Why all the hate? I do have a life and don't spend all day trying to figure out what PWE/PWCN is doing. That is why I posted here on the forums to see if someone knows more.

It's not hate, it's about using tools that are available.
    You don't go to a library and ask the librarians about the full detail of a biography of someone now, do you? You go and look it up yourself. If it can't be found by yourself, you then go and ask for help.
    This is why the forums have a search bar.

Also, it's not that I hate giving explanations or anything, it's just that it's annoying seeing the same question being asked over, and over, and over, when it could be simply be answered by using forum search or google.

Granted asking about pwcn or the like is a bit more complex, but there are many lengthy discussions about it that can be found.

As I said, it's 2011. Era of googling.
    Asking stupid questions is pointless now. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    It's not hate, it's about using tools that are available.
    You don't go to a library and ask the librarians about the full detail of a biography of someone now, do you? You go and look it up yourself. If it can't be found by yourself, you then go and ask for help.
    This is why the forums have a search bar.

Also, it's not that I hate giving explanations or anything, it's just that it's annoying seeing the same question being asked over, and over, and over, when it could be simply be answered by using forum search or google.

Granted asking about pwcn or the like is a bit more complex, but there are many lengthy discussions about it that can be found.

As I said, it's 2011. Era of googling.
    Asking stupid questions is pointless now. b:bye
    I use google tyvm.

If you think my question is stupid then don't read and answer. No need to be rude.
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Funny how wen the game isnt going in the direction some people want then the game is "slowly dying". Well according to some this game has been slowly dying for years now, wich has to make it the slowest death in history.

News flash, its not.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited October 2011
    I use google tyvm.

If you think my question is stupid then don't read and answer. No need to be rude.

No need to act like you can't use it and discover things on your own.
    Do you really want to rely on others for information you can easily get yourself?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    Funny how wen the game isnt going in the direction some people want then the game is "slowly dying". Well according to some this game has been slowly dying for years now, wich has to make it the slowest death in history.

News flash, its not.

News Flash -- it is slowly dying. It is the typical lifecycle of all MMOs. PWI may have at most 1 year before it basically goes into server merges and lifesupport.

In fact even the PWCN management admitted it. "Google it" as so many have suggested if you don't believe me.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited October 2011
    News Flash -- it is slowly dying. It is the typical lifecycle of all MMOs. PWI may have at most 1 year before it basically goes into server merges and lifesupport.

In fact even the PWCN management admitted it. "Google it" as so many have suggested if you don't believe me.

Actually, in a case like that, when you are make a bold claim, you usually would want to provide a source.

Also, I thought you were unable to access information about pwcn. Are you perhaps parroting what someone else said on the forums?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    1 year eh? I'll hold you to that, i think ur full of ****, just cos ur not happy with the game you claim its dying. For every 1 of you there are plenty of people who are quite happy with this FREE game and continue to play it.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
    edited October 2011
    Actually, in a case like that, when you are make a bold claim, you usually would want to provide a source.

Also, I thought you were unable to access information about pwcn. Are you perhaps parroting what someone else said on the forums?

Perfect World Co., Ltd. NASDAQ:PWRD

Shares of Perfect World Co. fell after the Chinese online game developer lowered its third-quarter revenue guidance, saying it has decided to slow some in-game promotional activities to extend the lifecycle of its games.

http://www.usamarketnews.com/stock-market-updates/6327/top-losers-at-nasdaq-%E2%80%93-pwrd-nflx-cisg-amsc.html
    There are more detailed sites that I read from before. But this was the first I came across when I justGoogled it.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited October 2011
    Perfect World Co., Ltd. NASDAQ:PWRD

Shares of Perfect World Co. fell after the Chinese online game developer lowered its third-quarter revenue guidance, saying it has decided to slow some in-game promotional activities to extend the lifecycle of its games.

http://www.usamarketnews.com/stock-market-updates/6327/top-losers-at-nasdaq-%E2%80%93-pwrd-nflx-cisg-amsc.html
    There are more detailed sites that I read from before. But this was the first I came across when I justGoogled it.

Game is dying =/= extending lifecycle.
    All it says is that pwcn isn't as profitable as before, therefore they will cut down on some activities.
    Pwcn is far from dying though, they have at least 20 or 30 servers running, that's still sign that the game will stay alive for a long while.
    Now if they said something along the lines of server merging or that they won't be developing for it anymore...

Also, the vague description you gave me before doesn't bring up much on google.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    @Bubbles - Arguing with you is pointless. Anything having a lifecycle by definition is dying.

Personally, I want to see the game survive for a while but I don't see any signs they are doing anything other than minor patches. They seem to be banking their hopes on the new titles coming out. But it would seem the market doesn't agree as the stock price has fallen even further since this article.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited October 2011
    @Bubbles - Arguing with you is pointless. Anything having a lifecycle by definition is dying.

Personally, I want to see the game survive for a while but I don't see any signs they are doing anything other than minor patches. They seem to be banking their hopes on the new titles coming out. But it would seem the market doesn't agree as the stock price has fallen even further since this article.

Yet you're the only making all the silly assumptions and remarks.

Also, Wanmei has more than just PWCN and p2p pw.
    http://www.wanmei.com/

I don't see any direct references to PW, lifecycle, death, dying, whatever.
    They may very well be referring to their other fail games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited October 2011

Semantics. Due to entropy, everything is dying as soon as it comes into existence.b:shutup
    edited October 2011
    Delude yourselves if you wish. The game is dying, the only question is when exactly it gets to the point where most of us start leaving for good. My estimate is 1 year. UNLESS they start putting some real money into fixing the game. I mean they bought Cryptic Studios for $50 million. Can you imagine what they could have done with PWI if they put just a fraction of that into PW development?

This is why I started this thread -- to see if anyone knew of a new version coming out. PWI is certainly the best game by far in the PWE stable, they need to nurture it, not the other fail games.
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I would like to see a MMO that can actually get the running motion correctly like PW did. Most other MMOs I've tried, including FW, either have very disproportional character figures or they run like they got a stick up their rear. It's quite sad that a game this old (5 years, 8 years?) still got better graphics than most games out there today.
    That I must agree the fact that PWI actually g0t the running m0ti0n c0rrect in their 0ld game yet FW failed >->(Like a few others).FW running m0ti0n seems c0rrect in s0me states but it s0metimes appears like y0ur character is sliding 0n the gr0und rather than actually running f0rward.Als0 when y0u are in c0mbat in FW and y0u m0ve nearly all the m0dels appears stiff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    if PWI is dying then the ones like in japan and china would be closing already >.>
    i think its only our side thats having trouble. i know for a fact that at least the jp side focuses a ton on GM related events than sales
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited October 2011
    Delude yourselves if you wish. The game is dying, the only question is when exactly it gets to the point where most of us start leaving for good. My estimate is 1 year. UNLESS they start putting some real money into fixing the game. I mean they bought Cryptic Studios for $50 million. Can you imagine what they could have done with PWI if they put just a fraction of that into PW development?

This is why I started this thread -- to see if anyone knew of a new version coming out. PWI is certainly the best game by far in the PWE stable, they need to nurture it, not the other fail games.

The game has been dead since the original devs were fired.
    It has been in the same exact state since it was released 6 years ago. Expansions have not done it any justice. Wanmei managed to keep it alive with false hopes and eyecandy patches.
    Trust me, they've done a damn good job of doing nothing with this game, they can pull it off longer.

If there were ever to be a sequel, it would be an even bigger bundle of fail. Take a look at fw; it was supposed to be the median between pw and wow, the next greatest thing to be released in "4d". Instead its pw all over again, except in a much shorter time period.

Unless if the original devs were to come together again and make a game, expect nothing better from Wanmei.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Arguing with you is pointless. Anything having a lifecycle by definition is dying.
    Me thinks you need to actually check out definitions before claiming things about them:

dying
    adjective -
    1. ceasing to live; approaching death; expiring: a dying man.
    2. of, pertaining to, or associated with death: his dying hour.
    3. given, uttered, or manifested just before death: her dying words.
    4. drawing to a close; ending: the dying year.
    noun -
    5. the act or process of ceasing to live, ending, or drawing to a close.

So, no, by definition only things that are near/approaching death are "dying".

Anyone who says, "He's dying; he only has about 40 to 60 years to live," would be assumed to be either joking or an idiot, because dying doesn't mean what you claim it means.

So now the question is, is arguing with you pointless, or will you admit that you're wrong? (FYI - Attempts to weasel out of that definition put you in the former category.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Am I completely backwards in my thinking to have assumed that the p2p version would get all expansions/new content before the f2p versions? b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    PWI as a RPG is way too easy to plan a character. Sure it's nice for those who never played another similar game but there's some serious lack of strategy content to those who took their characters far above low level: let's say 100+

A few suggestions:

Let's add combo skills to all classes;
    Let's add single-skill masteries with a limited number of points (so a players may only reach maximum mastery on very few skills) and unique random modifiers, rather than just spirit and skill level being a chance for developers to change the balance of certain skills known as useless;
    Let's enable unusual builds by adding skill modifiers according to stats rather than just strength for melee, dexterity for ranged/dagger and magic for spells;
    Let's add special squad/faction moves rather than just positive buffs such as powerful attacks which drain hp, mp and chi from allies or squad buffs with very negative side-effects to caster;
    Let's add cultivation-restricted skills rather than just modifiers for sage/demon;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    marshbre wrote: »
    1- they will just let game die ,but i doubt it because they still don`t have better game to replace PW
    2- if peoples actually quit or stop spending cash on PW,it may cause dev`s to change their mind and work on it :)

Option 2 is no good as shown by them shutting down 2 unpopular games already.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    PWI as a RPG is way too easy to plan a character. Sure it's nice for those who never played another similar game but there's some serious lack of strategy content to those who took their characters far above low level: let's say 100+

A few suggestions:

Let's add combo skills to all classes;
    Let's add single-skill masteries with a limited number of points (so a players may only reach maximum mastery on very few skills) and unique random modifiers, rather than just spirit and skill level being a chance for developers to change the balance of certain skills known as useless;
    Let's enable unusual builds by adding skill modifiers according to stats rather than just strength for melee, dexterity for ranged/dagger and magic for spells;
    Let's add special squad/faction moves rather than just positive buffs such as powerful attacks which drain hp, mp and chi from allies or squad buffs with very negative side-effects to caster;
    Let's add cultivation-restricted skills rather than just modifiers for sage/demon;

they did hear this be4 as they used these ideas for forsaken world and not pwi even the quest exp they have a 3.0X EXP modifier on quest now as ppl qqing about doing quests here
  • Xyleena - Heavens Tear
    Xyleena - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I don't see the population density going down much on HT server ... at all. Sure older people may be "leaving" (by that I mean logging on and QQing all night about how they are unhappy with the game and stuff but yet they are still logged onto the servers), but there are a bunch a new people... and even when there's not West arch and now south arch are more packed then EVER of cat shops and players idling... simply being logged into the game popularizes its servers ... When I start to see barren main cities and the like THEN I would start to herald on about the game "dying" .... really this nay saying has gone way too far. If you REALLY don't like the game and the direction it is going, find a different game. We all know PWI/E is going to do what they want with their game for whatever reasons they want and in their TOS it clearly states we have absolutely NO SAY in how their run their games. If they want to run it into the ground ... let em.. but they are obviously doing SOMETHING right or people wouldn't charge zen anymore. Then perhaps they would change methods.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
    Xyleena | 102 Demon Cleric | Radiance Faction : Main
    Gwendolynne | 101 Sage Venomancer | Heavens Tear
    Delecroix | 101 Demon Assassin | Heavens Tear
    Anatoxin | 8x Future Sage Psychic | Heavens Tear
    Diva | 92 Sage Blademaster | Dreamweaver : Retired
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    hm... in RT, population decrease badly. im kinda agree this game is dying. well, many old player is quit game. thats understandable cause u also have real life that makes u have to stop the game. the thing is not many new player now play the game to replace these old player who quit. in RT, there are 2 big faction atm, QQme and Vicious. these faction mostly are hardcore player that very active. the thing is, if u see the other faction beside these 2 faction, the member mostly are alt who need faction just to talk to. this is what i see by apperance.

There are alot of things that makes ppl quit. this game has lost the spirit. when i star to play this game, i love it cause its where u can meet many people, help each other to do quest, bh etc. so this game basically u do it not alone. but now w many rank/rep sale, packs that can make u give good gear, ppl start to do it alone cause they can solo everything especially for certain class like sin or BM. this leave other class hard to get squad for nirvana or even FC when ur low level.

this also makes crisis economy, not many new player, but ppl able to farm easy. so material like TT or nirvana flood in market but not many buyer. many ppl stop farming, cause no use. the only price that still expensive is gold price. once u have end game gear, whats left u can do in this game beside PK or TW, or maybe trying to be epeen stroker. i like farming but sometimes i CS. u know ppl always call that CSer are support the non CSer. i think its not only that. Non CSer also support CSer. this game alive cause of many ppl who play. either they are never CS, or sometimes CS, or heavy CS. this game alive not only because company got income from ppl who charge zen, but also advertisement etc. so yeah i kinda agree that this game need to be upgrade.

PS: sorry for bad english b:cute
  • Purge - Raging Tide
    Purge - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    hm... in RT, population decrease badly. im kinda agree this game is dying. well, many old player is quit game. thats understandable cause u also have real life that makes u have to stop the game. the thing is not many new player now play the game to replace these old player who quit. in RT, there are 2 big faction atm, QQme and Vicious. these faction mostly are hardcore player that very active. the thing is, if u see the other faction beside these 2 faction, the member mostly are alt who need faction just to talk to. this is what i see by apperance.

There are alot of things that makes ppl quit. this game has lost the spirit. when i star to play this game, i love it cause its where u can meet many people, help each other to do quest, bh etc. so this game basically u do it not alone. but now w many rank/rep sale, packs that can make u give good gear, ppl start to do it alone cause they can solo everything especially for certain class like sin or BM. this leave other class hard to get squad for nirvana or even FC when ur low level.

this also makes crisis economy, not many new player, but ppl able to farm easy. so material like TT or nirvana flood in market but not many buyer. many ppl stop farming, cause no use. the only price that still expensive is gold price. once u have end game gear, whats left u can do in this game beside PK or TW, or maybe trying to be epeen stroker. i like farming but sometimes i CS. u know ppl always call that CSer are support the non CSer. i think its not only that. Non CSer also support CSer. this game alive cause of many ppl who play. either they are never CS, or sometimes CS, or heavy CS. this game alive not only because company got income from ppl who charge zen, but also advertisement etc. so yeah i kinda agree that this game need to be upgrade.

PS: sorry for bad english b:cute

I'm afraid I disagree. I took a break from RT while I tried out the German server and recently went back to RT to see how things were. In almost every area I went to I saw more people than I had noticed before. Even World Chat was more lively than it had been before.

I'm still playing mostly on the German server where things are much quieter - though far from "dead".
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    we all know what is killing the game-neglect. not from us, but from those who own and run it. something this big and complicated cant be set up and be expected to run on its own without close attention to detail, looking for glitches, etc. players report those, the devs fix them, and the game would then run smoothly as it did in the beginning, and everyone had fun. it was almost a family feeling between the players, GMs and devs, because we players knew back then we could report things to the very visible GMs, who would pass the info on to the guys in the office to be fixed. and back then, things DID get fixed!b:thanks

but things started unraveling around the time of the first oracles, perhaps sooner. i remember standing there on the sands with Frankieraye, watching him do NOTHING about ganking/KSing/PKin/bosspulling,etc, as lines of people tried to do their two little 'Wicked Pirate' oracles. there would be people stealing the kill,doing stacks and stacks of oracles and not giving anyone else a chance. on top of all this, as if it wern't bad enough, nastards were pulling Chin and Ceminator into the lines of people and killing them all....while a GM stood there and did NOTHING!!!!b:angry

and we wonder why nothing gets fixed now? if a GM can stand there, watching all those violations of the TOS, and do nothing about it, why are we surprised that nothing gets done now. PWE/PWI' s notion of 'fixing' something is to have yet another sale, or something else that adds yet more content to the game, adding yet more things that glitch up the game because they werent originally written into the game and so do not work smoothly.

...so, PLEASE, NO MORE SALES,etc, till the glitches are fixed???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited October 2011

...so, PLEASE, NO MORE SALES,etc, till the glitches are fixed???

That will never happen unless if: PWE announces the game is dead and they will shut it down, or if the zen transfer thing gets so messed up pwe has to spend an extended period of time on it.
    The latter situation is the only time pwe will ever fix something if it got broken.
    The glitches, bugs, all the stuff that's unbalanced and messed up, is supposed to be up to the devs in Wanmei. Obviously we can see how well that's going.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Que martial anthem type music.

I am a 100 red blooded PW sock puppet and I want all you people who open your pie holes to spout facts like those reported in PWs most recent quarterly report (that subscription numbers were down) to shut up and go back to buying packs with your distant but monied parent's credit card.

Please shut up and stop saying bad things about PW. We have hour heads buried deep in our own posteriors while we blindly buy up packs as soon as they are released such that this "Free" game is actually more expensive than multiple accounts at that other MMORPG that rhymes with POW.

Do you think we like having someone point out just how ludicrous it is to pay large sums of money to "Win" a "Free" game.
    Just some guy
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited October 2011
    Que martial anthem type music.

I am a 100 red blooded PW sock puppet and I want all you people who open your pie holes to spout facts like those reported in PWs most recent quarterly report (that subscription numbers were down) to shut up and go back to buying packs with your distant but monied parent's credit card.

Please shut up and stop saying bad things about PW. We have hour heads buried deep in our own posteriors while we blindly buy up packs as soon as they are released such that this "Free" game is actually more expensive than multiple accounts at that other MMORPG that rhymes with POW.

Do you think we like having someone point out just how ludicrous it is to pay large sums of money to "Win" a "Free" game.

Your grammar is really terrible, it took me a few rereads before I could figure out what you posted there.

From what I can, your post is contradictory. You want people to stop complaining about pw, yet you mention the game is more expensive than it would be to play for a p2p game, and then you go on about how you apparently don't like when someone points out you're playing a p2w game...?

Whatever it is you're trying to say, it makes no sense.
    Also, pwe is greedy for your monies, there's no point in trying to deny it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.