Low lvl's dont nerf your experience @ heads!

Options
gamerminn
gamerminn Posts: 3 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
Post edited by gamerminn on

Comments

• Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Exactly... go ahead and make MORE ignorant people by powerlevelling them b:beatup
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Buying heads is good.. I just met a 101 BM last night as a random in a full delta that didn't know how to dig chests or run tickets....

Heads FTW

b:irritated
  • Xena - Dreamweaver
    Xena - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Buying heads is good.. I just met a 101 BM last night as a random in a full delta that didn't know how to dig chests or run tickets....

Heads FTW

If someone has not delta'd before or a lot then they wouldn't know how to dig or run, regardless of doing heads or not lol. I am just saying.
  • Liba - Heavens Tear
    Liba - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yes because you really want tanks in BH69 who can't handle pyro- let alone pole/nob. b:surrender

But no, there are some people who go out of their way to learn a class; these are GOOD plvlers.
    The bad ones believe that if they throw money at it; they will become great.
    It's horrific when you ask 'how long have you been playing' and get an answer in weeks or 'a month or so' D: when you're in a 90+ FF...
    Haters gunna love this ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Liba- 9x Sage veno, TheEmpire
    X_xMoonx_X - 7x Future demon cleric
    _Nix_x - 7x Sin :)
  • Suaver - Raging Tide
    Suaver - Raging Tide Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If someone has not delta'd before or a lot then they wouldn't know how to dig or run, regardless of doing heads or not lol. I am just saying.

I totally learned at level 99 but that was sheer lack of interest in Delta and the OHT chain for most people. I'm noob b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

Heads FTW

He was obviously too pro for these dig chests nonsense and did only spawn point Delta.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    He was obviously too pro for these dig chests nonsense and did only spawn point Delta.

more like glitched gv b:chuckle
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I think a reasonable amount of Powerleveling is ok, especially if it is an alt. I have alts of almost every class and it is seriously tedious grinding all the way up.

There are some really really bad players even non-powerleveled.

I really *facepalmed* the other day when I watched my friend questing around Wraithgate on her BM in a squad with a Sin and Veno.

The Veno had absolutely no clue how to play and she was lvl 70. She didn't bramble, she didn't use her lame Foxwing pet (even though she was Arcane). When asked to do so and it died. She said "I can't use my pet -- it is dead." She had to be told she could revive her pet.

Well I guess it is possible that this player bought heads, but she was so dumb I don't think she would know how to buy heads. It really made me realize why Venos often get a bad rep.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

Heads FTW

Two lvl 100+ characters and in total i've only done GV 5 times. All I know for the BM class in GV is Roar, AoE, AoE, Dragons, Dragons, AoE, AoE, AoE, rinse and repeat.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    gamerminn wrote: »
    I'm so sick of ignorant ppl qqing when a low lvl want to join a heads party in fc. They pay the fee they get nerf not you. Your experience is based on the highest lvl in the squad and the mobs lvl. The low lvl does not affect you! If they are strong enough to kill the head then they aren't dead weight so **** kill the heads & move on. Thank you and have a nice day.

I guess its just me when my exp dropped from 14k to 8k when some level 80 joined.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I guess its just me when my exp dropped from 14k to 8k when some level 80 joined.

yea its so you mine didnt drop to 6k from 35k when i pulled my alt there to leech

/end sarcasme
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I think a reasonable amount of Powerleveling is ok, especially if it is an alt. I have alts of almost every class and it is seriously tedious grinding all the way up.

There are some really really bad players even non-powerleveled.

I really *facepalmed* the other day when I watched my friend questing around Wraithgate on her BM in a squad with a Sin and Veno.

The Veno had absolutely no clue how to play and she was lvl 70. She didn't bramble, she didn't use her lame Foxwing pet (even though she was Arcane). When asked to do so and it died. She said "I can't use my pet -- it is dead." She had to be told she could revive her pet.

Well I guess it is possible that this player bought heads, but she was so dumb I don't think she would know how to buy heads. It really made me realize why Venos often get a bad rep.

b:laugh Big **** and little brains

I know some really awesome venos - I am not one of them though, I'm ok on my veno I enjoy spending time solo on her, but yeah lots of noobs out there today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    With gear accessible nowadays, it takes no brain to do nearly everything, yet some people still fail. b:chuckle
  • Noriliza - Sanctuary
    Noriliza - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    gamerminn wrote: »
    Above are the ignorant ppl im talking about. If you increase the squad size of course your xp will drop. That's not the case when buying heads the squad is going to be 5ppl so the seller maxes profit.

The only ignorance I see is in your posts, first off for thinking its the sellers market. If your theory is true then we should start seeing alot of regular frosts with varied level ranges right?

You are trying to sell a product, an expensive one, its foolish and selfish of you to complain when the buyer/s are trying to maximize experience and get the most out of what they spend.

I suggest if you are having this much problems to go ahead an abandon this scheme of yours to make money.

Ive done it, and still do occasionally, I sell at a very reasonable price usually 200-350k depending on if its just heads only or mobs + heads. and if I cant find a full squad I settle for what I have, if someone pms that they arent in the level range I always ask people there first if they mind. Ive never had anyone say no, but then again I dont try to jam someone 20 levels lower into the mix.

between repairs, pots and the 2-4 charm ticks that I take Id say even if I made only 1m total thats still a massive profit. considering. Sounds like you are just flat out greedy to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Copied from the top of the forum ads, I knew this was really pwusa
  • Veru - Dreamweaver
    Veru - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

Heads FTW

my first delta on 101 was fun, i had to trash a few lvl 50 quests to do auras :c
    i wanted to do them on 5 aps QQ

(im not her bm)
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

Heads FTW

<lvl 90 veno(played for almost 3 years) without a single clue of how to do delta or any rebirth quest.
    All ppl look for is "experienced players" I have yet to go on a run with friends to learn it. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The question is the level gap of the players in squad. As long as everyone is within 10 levels, no one will really see any drop. Experience is majorly nerfed for level 103+ (26 levels over the mobs) or if the lowest/highest in squad is 20+ levels apart.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Ethyria - Sanctuary
    Ethyria - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Having low levels in your party most definitely does nerf your experience. With a 6 member party, you'll receive around half as much xp as you normally would.

Anyway, since I've never seen anyone post the actual method of how xp gain is calculated in a party, here is how it works:

First you take the monster's base xp.

Then multiply by the bonus /penalty for your level compared to the monster's (in a party the highest member's level counts).

Next you multiply by a bonus for the number of members in your party. If the level difference between highest and lowest party member is greater than 20, you won't get this bonus, thus the nerf in xp.

For 2 members bonus = 20%, 3 members = 40%, 4 members = 64%, 5 members = 85%, 6 members = 110%.

Then you split the xp among party members. The amount you receive is multiplied by your level divided by the sum of all party member levels. Any party member below level 20 is considered to be level 20 for purposes of dividing xp this way.

This should give you the exact amount of xp gained (sometimes off by 1 due to rounding differences.)
  • DryadLaFey - Sanctuary
    DryadLaFey - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    b:cute
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Why bother fact check when you can just start a thread claiming random sht? b:victory
  • Ethyria - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The wiki is wrong. Seriously, has no one ever even bothered to test it?
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

How can random people posting an equation possibly be wrong? That makes no sense. No, it must be accurate. Until they update it. And then the update absolutely must be accuracte. Until another update comes along anyways.

Isn't that how the forum/Wiki works?
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Jax - Momaganon
    Jax - Momaganon Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Having low levels in your party most definitely does nerf your experience. With a 6 member party, you'll receive around half as much xp as you normally would.

Anyway, since I've never seen anyone post the actual method of how xp gain is calculated in a party, here is how it works:

First you take the monster's base xp.

Then multiply by the bonus /penalty for your level compared to the monster's (in a party the highest member's level counts).

Next you multiply by a bonus for the number of members in your party. If the level difference between highest and lowest party member is greater than 20, you won't get this bonus, thus the nerf in xp.

For 2 members bonus = 20%, 3 members = 40%, 4 members = 64%, 5 members = 85%, 6 members = 110%.

Then you split the xp among party members. The amount you receive is multiplied by your level divided by the sum of all party member levels. Any party member below level 20 is considered to be level 20 for purposes of dividing xp this way.

This should give you the exact amount of xp gained (sometimes off by 1 due to rounding differences.)

It's pretty clear that there is a nerf for lower levels in squad, so clearly the wiki article is wrong.

But would you please post your reference for this calculation theory? Or the math for the calculation?

Thanks in advance.
  • Sefiere - Sanctuary
    Sefiere - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

Heads FTW

*facepalm*.......<.<

this proves nothing you know.....

not knowing how to run a certain instance =/= not knowing your class
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    How can random people posting an equation possibly be wrong? That makes no sense. No, it must be accurate. Until they update it. And then the update absolutely must be accuracte. Until another update comes along anyways.

Isn't that how the forum/Wiki works?

Well, I'll certainly trust a formula over anecdotal evidence.

A lot of the formulas posted in the wiki are actually extracted from the game's own code, so they would have to be correct. This doesn't necessarily apply to all of them, but it does to a lot of them.

And besides, even if the formula is inaccurate, everything that tells you makes perfect, logical sense. The things that the formula says, if you inspect it closely:
    1. You get less exp if you're in a squad and your personal exp is diminished based on how many people are in the squad
    2. You get less exp if there is a higher level member in the squad
    3. The level difference between the highest level player in the squad and the mobs affects the exp everyone else gains

Higher levels getting less experience because there's a lower level in the squad, on the other hand, would not make any sense. Because really, why would they do that? The lower level is already punished for trying to power level.

If you want to claim that a lower level in a squad reduces your experience because they are lower level and not because there's more people in the squad, do a proper test. Use 3 characters, make the following set up:
    1. 2 characters of the same level
    2. A mob that is less than 3 levels higher or lower than the 2 characters mentioned above
    3. A character of significantly lower level

Now, proceed to do the following:
    1. Kill the mob solo and record the exp.
    2. Party the two same level characters, kill the mob and record the exp.
    3. Party one of the higher levels and the lowbie, kill the mob and record the exp.
    4. Compare the exp values.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    op correct for general statement

true in every time tested lower level in squad make xp higher for higher lvls in squad

true in every time tested that with a full squad having a lower lvl replace higher lvl in squad mean more xp for everybody else

biggest of very few example i think of where lower lvl in squad nerf xp is for someone get plvld for doing heads, the more ppl they add to squad even lower lvl than them.... worse xp they get.... most xp is solo for this example
  • Ethyria - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The formula I posted earlier is, as far as I can tell, completely accurate. I've done extensive testing and it always produces accurate results. The formula posted on the wiki almost never gives accurate results.

As for the topic of the thread, if the level difference between highest and lowest level party member is 20 or greater you won't get the bonus multiplier based on the number of party members, meaning a huge nerf in xp (over 50% reduction in 6 member parties.)

Anyway, here's the result of 1 test I did (I've got many more tests):

Party Members: 3 101 level, 2 100 level, 1 95 level. Killed Warbear of antiquity (frost city mob). 101 members got 97 xp, 100 got 96, 95 got 92.

Replace 1 level 101 member with level 31 member: 101 members got 53, 100 got 52, 95 got 49, 31 got 16. Huge reduction in xp from replacing a high level member with low level member.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    op correct for general statement

true in every time tested lower level in squad make xp higher for higher lvls in squad

true in every time tested that with a full squad having a lower lvl replace higher lvl in squad mean more xp for everybody else

biggest of very few example i think of where lower lvl in squad nerf xp is for someone get plvld for doing heads, the more ppl they add to squad even lower lvl than them.... worse xp they get.... most xp is solo for this example

Don't be stupid. Adding a 6th member to the squad who is level 90, just like everyone else, isn't the same as adding a lvl 70. I've been in squad where there was one person who was more than 20 levels lower than everyone else and the EXP from heads for everyone was cut dramatically compare to a normal squad.
  • Fuzznutts - Sanctuary
    Fuzznutts - Sanctuary Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with doing some power leveling as long as it's an alt. But not for your main character. I think a person needs to learn the basics of the game at least, let alone their character. I've seen too many higher levels asking questions that they should've known the answer to by their 30's. A bad experience I had the other day was when I was in BH69 with my cleric, the veno had no idea how to pull correctly. She'd send her pet in, then instead of un-summoning it, she'd call it back and then wonder why the rest of the mobs came too....*rolls eyes*. But as for Delta, and not knowing what do to, I did Gamma in my earlier levels (back when it was still popular to do), so I didn't have to ask too many questions. I wish more players still did Gamma then what there is.....I kinda miss those days, they were fun, but I think it was more the people I was with that made it so fun. We had fun whether we failed or succeeded.
    If we always do what we've always done,
    We'll always get what we've always got~ (Unknown)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If only they would all just (Power Lev) after they'd emptied their (Quest Lists) of their quests, B4 they decided to (PL) it would be atleast understandable, "Do to the lack of quests in many levels." so that they'd atleast get the (SP Points) they need too get from the quests!!

But most wanna (FC) until (H&LL! FrEeZeS Over!!) from (Day-1/Lv-1) & Ignore Their (Quest List) Entirely, and never get the (SP Points) they need to have anything but (Preschool) level skills.... b:sad

(Rich Alts) or not! b:angry No One wants to trust a (101st BM) with a "Nirv or FC" run, if they die from only a basic swamping of normal mobs in a FB39!? "Even if they do have (+6) Decides." b:surrender

I really wish (PWE) would start a (LIST) similar too our (Personal~Achievments list), where they'd atleast! Let it be known too the Public, what (%) of all the "Givin Quests" each character has completed "Outta, all the 1s, they've had the option to complete."

This would make it much easier, for all of us! Too Avoid the Nasty lil'(Squad Wipe) Suprises, we end up getting into with them... b:cold

If they'd let us see what (Percentage) of quests they've finished on A kinda (Squad Mate~FAC. SHEET) That we could look at, Once they joined squad... Atleast we could Guess what level of (SP points) And Through Such" what level of Skills they are likely too have...

b:bye