Mystics Are Not Clerics

Options

Comments

• Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    mystics can make decent emergancy healers but i personally rather have a cerlic with me.

what is really sad is how people don't know the capablies of mystics, they either over estimate, or underestimate them or just flat out suck at using them. i've run a bh 69 with 2 mystics who THOUGHT they could handle pole, something i told them was unlikely at their level. sure enuf when we got to pole he debuffed the barb and killed him, ahhh i just love squad wipe when i'm the only survivorb:chuckle shadow escape is handy.

Im 89 and wouldnt face Pole without a cleric, and hopefully one that knows they need to purify.

I have solo healed 69 once - no lie. A 101 Sin was tank, and he told me not worry about it. I protested still, and he insisted he could handle it. Im not afraid of dying - playing front line mostly anyway, so I went along. I needed the BH.

If I hadn't had been in the squad, I would not have believed Pole could be dropped so dayum fast. The Sin did handle it, and Pole dropped before he ever got off any AoE. Felt like a few secs honestly.

Other than that, I'd say any Mystic making the attempt is in a fail squad when it comes to 69.
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I prefer to think I can be a veno, cleric, and psy all in one and do just as good a job as each class individually. Guess I'm just too hard-headed and used to being OP on my sin b:avoid

I prefer them all at once too. Makes the Mystic worth playing, imo. I want to notice a party member needing a heal and giving him one, or putting a protection buff on the barb then going back to DDing as I do all along.

I learned just today, I better keep an eye on myself incase the cleric in the squad believes I should be on the backline healing, and wont consider Im DDing, and actually need him to keep an eye on me. xD

The first thing I do in any squad is position myself & throw down my plants, then commencing to DD while keeping an eye on the barbs health from time to time.

I dont consider myself a healer for throwing down my plants - its kind of self-serving afterall. xD

I also dont stand there following that and wait for someone to need a heal.

I did do that today though. A cleric & sin kept insisting I just heal, and since only one lucky player was getting quite literally any loot at all except coin, I told them I was DD - but had no problem just doing what they expected of me.

I know the sudden disappearance of my DD skills was noticed - but I had no problem doing as they asked and saving the wear & tear on my charm & genie's stamina. b:laugh
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'm entirely with you. I think people have the stupid idea that we can only heal because they can't seem to grasp that the class has no one set role or because they've given in to the attack speed culture and think of anything that isn't interval based can't dd. Funny how often my storm mistress steals agro from 9x sins in frost, and she's only one part of my dd... I've done my utmost to go against this position in my guide because I've seen what we can do, and that is not limited to healing.

If I wanted to play a healer, I have an R8 cleric I could be playing, and she would be a better healer in regards to everything. I wish mystics who think we're just healers would go reroll cleric and stop imposing the stereotype on those of us who actually want to have fun playing mystic. It's people like them that have kept me from wanting to frost my last 5 lvs on mystic right now... As long as those of us who don't want to be healers keep playing, then the shortsighted players who think otherwise cannot be right.

100% agree. I can see players who are not mystics desiding to try to put us neatly into a single box, out of ignorance, and misconception. But, except for having a problem getting a squad, or just being plain lazy players, I can't accept the Mystic themselves helping to perpetuate this stereotype. It doesn't even really make any sense.

The green is becoming a real challenge the higher my level goes, which is not happening quickly at all since I turned 85. Was a breeze prior to that level. And to have to argue with a backline cleric over why my HP is higher than theirs, and why I think I need more is just insane, lol. One more level I join a reputedly decent faction, and hopefully can get beyond some of this stupidity.
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Im 89 and wouldnt face Pole without a cleric, and hopefully one that knows they need to purify.

I have solo healed 69 once - no lie. A 101 Sin was tank, and he told me not worry about it. I protested still, and he insisted he could handle it. Im not afraid of dying - playing front line mostly anyway, so I went along. I needed the BH.

If I hadn't had been in the squad, I would not have believed Pole could be dropped so dayum fast. The Sin did handle it, and Pole dropped before he ever got off any AoE. Felt like a few secs honestly.

Other than that, I'd say any Mystic making the attempt is in a fail squad when it comes to 69.

Yeah, 5.0 does a lot there, just because of
    1. How fast heals are coming in via bloodpaint
    2. The frequency of sparks which allow self-purifying
    3. Sin buffs give a chance of avoiding the debuff at all

That said, unless they weren't actually 5.0, I'm surprised they needed heals at all. My bm can do it with just paint and selfbuff. ?<.>?; But considering 5.0 is literally impossible before 99, that's not really relevant to people doing it at lv for bh.

100% agree. I can see players who are not mystics desiding to try to put us neatly into a single box, out of ignorance, and misconception. But, except for having a problem getting a squad, or just being plain lazy players, I can't accept the Mystic themselves helping to perpetuate this stereotype. It doesn't even really make any sense.

The green is becoming a real challenge the higher my level goes, which is not happening quickly at all since I turned 85. Was a breeze prior to that level. And to have to argue with a backline cleric over why my HP is higher than theirs, and why I think I need more is just insane, lol. One more level I join a reputedly decent faction, and hopefully can get beyond some of this stupidity.

Yeah... It's annoying. I've purposefully downplayed the healing role in my guide for this reason--I don't want mystics themselves to feel this. I'm afraid than the generalized culture of it might be influencing the mystic's own opinions of their ability, wrongfully. I've had to explain 3 or 4 times why I will not change my stance on things when people have insisted I'm wrong and we are good solo healers... zZzZz

Case in point, I happened to be playing my mystic today, and I did a frost, 85-95. At the start I made it clear I was a dd, and one of the two 8x sins tried to tell me I was wrong and that, without any evidence to support this, that I couldn't gt up in front of the bosses and dd and live. The latter is completely unsubstantiated--it wouldn't be efficient, but I could tank pretty much any boss in frost until my mp ran out with self heals, or with cleric heals. But that wasn't the point, and so I argued back, and told him quite blatantly that I have an R8 cleric I would be playing if I wanted to be a healer. Apparently, I offended him enough that he left. <.<;

But I felt rather vindicated later--at elemento boss, with rb, I was soloing one side as fast as the rest of the squad (at that point, another 8x sin, 9x barb, 9x archer) was doing the other side, without even using Storm Mistress (was too lazy to feed her mp, so I was using un-fed devil). And in pretty much every pull, cragg got enough agro to die, and I pretty much tanked every pull in the magic mob hallway, before I had started to pull out cragglord.

Admittedly, my gear is better than average for a 9x (Love: Up and Down, Wings of Cloudcharger, +5 2 sock Neon Purgatory, G14 Dancing Sparkle, Sign of Antiquity: Chaos, etc), but they had a chance to look at my gear. It's irritating how hard it is to get people to take me seriously a lot of the time...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yeah, 5.0 does a lot there, just because of
    1. How fast heals are coming in via bloodpaint
    2. The frequency of sparks which allow self-purifying
    3. Sin buffs give a chance of avoiding the debuff at all

That said, unless they weren't actually 5.0, I'm surprised they needed heals at all. My bm can do it with just paint and selfbuff. ?<.>?; But considering 5.0 is literally impossible before 99, that's not really relevant to people doing it at lv for bh.

It was a normal Bh69 squad, with a 101 Sin tank helping out someone in the squad. Couldn't find a cleric though - and asked me to heal.

I'm sure if he was just farming the BH he might not have needed any heals. Ive actually seen other high level sins tank 69, but not without a cleric, and not bring down Pole as fast. I was honestly in awe, and so was the rest of the squad.

Ive seen high level BMs give it good shot too - but nothing like that one Sin accomplished. My only regret being I dont remember his name.

EDIT: It would probably be good to mention that for the past couple weeks or so - shortly after Caster's Nirvy got rolling, there has been a shortage of both barbs & clerics for BH's and FCs of any level on my server. I wont even speculate on if there is any correlation, lol.
    edited October 2011
    Options
    "without even using Storm Mistress (was too lazy to feed her mp, so I was using un-fed devil)."

Here's where you will easily see the newb in me come out IF you haven't already, lol. I have Transference lvl 2 (guide I read said leave it at one) but have never used it. I really should start feeding my pets and getting used to working their spells more efficiently into my game play. I do use their spells from time to time, the Devil's anyway. But have never actually fed them mana to really focus on it.
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    "without even using Storm Mistress (was too lazy to feed her mp, so I was using un-fed devil)."

Here's where you will easily see the newb in me come out IF you haven't already, lol. I have Transference lvl 2 (guide I read said leave it at one) but have never used it. I really should start feeding my pets and getting used to working their spells more efficiently into my game play. I do use their spells from time to time, the Devil's anyway. But have never actually fed them mana to really focus on it.

i use it on all my sumons devil/mistress/sally. they all have mana skills and kill mobs faster with those skills. but my transfer atm isnt max 10 i think lvl 10 is too much it transfer like half of your mp to ur summons, i think u just gota find what amount you wanna transfer to your sumons. tho you can stop the transferance by casting it again so it's up to you to max it or just leave it at certain lvl. i find it usefull

onto topic:

many sins at lvl 100+ can solo bh 69. they can also solo bh69 doing trophy mode on my server. so its not a suprise to me. i see it on wc all the time.

as for healing tho i refuse to be the main healer when i am on my mystic. because for 1 I rolled a mystic to get away from healing as my main is a cleric. and i find it annoying when people ask me to be the healer in instances when i am on my mystic.there was one time i was doing bh 59 on her and there was a cleric in squad. he dded at mobs and keep dying wasting my mp for res buff( i was annoyed of this) I had to heal the other dds... when their hp reach 5%. i asked him to heal. he then did. but when time at boss. he rbed instead of healing.... i was like stop rb and heal.( at that point when he rb i didnt heal at all and let tank die is that wrong? or rude? i mean he didnt get the measage that he the cleric is the healer not me the mystic)

another time was also when i was in bh59, there was a cleric in our squad also. she was healing fine i loved her because i didnt have to heal at all jsut dd. but when boss time come, i went to pull boss. one of the sin asked me to stay back and heal... i did not understand... there was a cleric in our squad and she was doing fine soloing heal w/o my suport. so i just went to pull ignoring his comment. in the end noone died everything was fine. i didnt even pm that guy asking y he wanted me to heal when there was a cleric in squad already....

b:shocked but yeah those are my worst experiences as a mystic so far. peole need to realize mystics are meant to suport/dd not a healer when there's already a cleric in squad.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Solo healing FC since around level 80. I remember when I would put out both healing plants (level 1 each) for my squad and they thought they were safe, in reality I didnt knew if we would make it through LOL. At the end of the run I told the squad my plants were level 1 and that the healing one was basically useless. b:chuckle

I still get invited to many FCs and my heals are up-to-par now and it's easier (vital herb > DD > aoe heal ehre and there)
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Solo healing FC since around level 80. I remember when I would put out both healing plants (level 1 each) for my squad and they thought they were safe, in reality I didnt knew if we would make it through LOL. At the end of the run I told the squad my plants were level 1 and that the healing one was basically useless. b:chuckle

I still get invited to many FCs and my heals are up-to-par now and it's easier (vital herb > DD > aoe heal ehre and there)

Too bad you are not in demand for your awesome DD skills. People should tell people they are DD & heal support. Put the DD first so the unknowing will not look at us as merely a sub-standard substitute cleric.

If you could...thanks. b:thanks
    edited October 2011
    Options
    as for healing tho i refuse to be the main healer when i am on my mystic. because for 1 I rolled a mystic to get away from healing as my main is a cleric. and i find it annoying when people ask me to be the healer in instances when i am on my mystic.

I usually refuse to also, unless I am desperate for a squad. Even when I joined the squad the 101 Sin was in, I entered it as DD & heal support - not healer. First thing out of my mouth when the suggestion was made for me to solo heal was, "I can't. I can't purify. You need purify for Pole."

Even in squads that dont face a boss like Pole, if it has to be - I want at least another mystic with me. We couldnt even get another Mystic to join for the squad with the 101 Sin.

I want to DD, that's what I join any squad for. When I respond to someone spamming for squad members, the one's I respond to are the one's spamming for DD. I dont bother to PM anyone who says their squad needs a "cleric only".

If they come back at me that they are spamming for DD - I PM back, "That's what I am - DD & heal support".

Thanks for the advice on the lvl for Transference.
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Today i have solo'd FF on my mystic (excluding 1st, 2nd and purge boss). So i solo DD'd, debuffed and healed until the end. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I try to avoid asking for specific classes if not for buffs. Mystics in ways are better healers than clerics, kinda like how Blood Paint is.
    I usually refuse to also, unless I am desperate for a squad. Even when I joined the squad the 101 Sin was in, I entered it as DD & heal support - not healer. First thing out of my mouth when the suggestion was made for me to solo heal was, "I can't. I can't purify. You need purify for Pole."

A 101 sin shouldn't need purify; they have spark and bp, and Polearm isn't [?]. Decaying Fragrance in FFC is far worse than Polearm and still solo-able by most 101 Assassins. Had one fail sin criticize my Cleric for not healing so far, while so many times when I'm on my Assassin; I roll my eyes at a plethora of fail clerics who aren't hyper nubs that spam heal me instead of debuffing or dd'ing.
    edited October 2011
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    I try to avoid asking for specific classes if not for buffs. Mystics in ways are better healers than clerics, kinda like how Blood Paint is.

A 101 sin shouldn't need purify; they have spark and bp, and Polearm isn't [?]. Decaying Fragrance in FFC is far worse than Polearm and still solo-able by most 101 Assassins. Had one fail sin criticize my Cleric for not healing so far, while so many times when I'm on my Assassin; I roll my eyes at a plethora of fail clerics who aren't hyper nubs that spam heal me instead of debuffing or dd'ing.

Okay, I'll say this again, it was a NORMAL BH69 squad, with a 101Sin as tank. Couldnt get a barb or a cleric for the run. 101Sin was helping someone in the squad. Cool you know, Sin doesnt need heals - what about the rest of the squad?? The Sin wasnt in the squad because he needed BH69. The Sin was in the squad to help the lower levels that did need to do BH69. Im sure someone else on these boards has helped a lower level group once, maybe? b:shutup And, the point of the story was the fact neither HE nor the rest of that squad needed purify, since he and whatever contributions the rest of the squad made, killed Pole extremely fast.

Every char available in the game has fail players at their controls. To be fair, some are just learning their chars, and being a FC product does not really help anyone do that.

I think I first used my genie in BH51. Someone in the squad said, "Don't do that. Its a waste. Save the genie for when you do FC" Now seriously, Im supposed to wait till Im lvl 85 & in FC to start to learn about my genie? Its a waste, cause why? Genie spells only work in FC or something?

Im a newb, but some things people matter-of-factly tell me seem stupid.

Im sure we can all appreciate anyone's desire to level fast, but I dont think many of us will appreciate having someone in our squad that waited until they were 90 - 100 to start to learn to play their char.

But seriously, to say mystics in many ways are better healers than clerics - an OP mystic up against an OP cleric, and the mystic is better??? No way. If the mystic was really OP, he'd be DDing and healing on the side.
  • TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver
    TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I was the designated healer for my bh39 the other day and I hated it, so many of the exploding crab mobs going off on the barb and sin that we had to stop and huddle around the healing plants because trying to heal all that damage with break in the clouds drains the hell out of my mp. Mystics pale in comparison to clerics when it comes to straight-up heals and damage prevention, a mystic's strengths lie in the debuff of their plants, the utility of their pets, and the damage they can deal with all their skills. Now get a mystic and cleric together and put someone to tank in their with them and you'll likely steamroll the dungeon, but as far as being the designated healer in the party mystics tend to fall short.

I will say however that cloud break can be good if your cleric is busy casting another spell and someone suddenly takes a large amount of damage, and vital herb and healing herb can free up the cleric to do more debuffs and DDing, but as a rule of thumb people, don't expect mystics to be designated healer unless you're willing to throw mp pots at them or money for a new charm
  • Sellyn - Lothranis
    Sellyn - Lothranis Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I was the designated healer for my bh39 the other day and I hated it, so many of the exploding crab mobs going off on the barb and sin that we had to stop and huddle around the healing plants because trying to heal all that damage with break in the clouds drains the hell out of my mp. Mystics pale in comparison to clerics when it comes to straight-up heals and damage prevention, a mystic's strengths lie in the debuff of their plants, the utility of their pets, and the damage they can deal with all their skills. Now get a mystic and cleric together and put someone to tank in their with them and you'll likely steamroll the dungeon, but as far as being the designated healer in the party mystics tend to fall short.

I will say however that cloud break can be good if your cleric is busy casting another spell and someone suddenly takes a large amount of damage, and vital herb and healing herb can free up the cleric to do more debuffs and DDing, but as a rule of thumb people, don't expect mystics to be designated healer unless you're willing to throw mp pots at them or money for a new charm
    At your level, I thought the same "Don't see me as a healer pleaaaase b:surrender". But now, with the MP regen skill + lvl 75 cheap pots, mana is not a problem anymore, and I can handle being the only healer. Again, depends on the squad, the behaviour of everyone in it, and, as many have said before, on the instance. Myst are not "real" healer, so a cleric is always better. And I always prefer going with a cleric, much more fun and safer.
  • Eniyo - Raging Tide
    Eniyo - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    LOL.
    I don't want to heal thiiiis, I don't want to heal thaaaat.
    Then don't. Noone is forcing you guys :D

I like healing and supporting and that doesn't make me a pseudo-cleric. Actually I enjoy switching my role in instances in a split second. It's not either DDing or healing but both.
    And if people ask me to be the only healer, then so what? My heals are mostly strong enough.

If you didn't want to heal but only DD with a pet, go and make a Veno. [<-- THIS is the kind of argument I read here over and over again --> Want to heal? Reroll as Cleric.]
    edited October 2011
    Options
    LOL.

I like healing and supporting and that doesn't make me a pseudo-cleric. Actually I enjoy switching my role in instances in a split second. It's not either DDing or healing but both.
    And if people ask me to be the only healer, then so what? My heals are mostly strong enough.

If you didn't want to heal but only DD with a pet, go and make a Veno. [<-- THIS is the kind of argument I read here over and over again --> Want to heal? Reroll as Cleric.]

No its really not, but you have a real easy time getting squads so - why would anyone prefer to be a healer only on a sub-standard cleric? Why would anyone make a char and not really use half of its skills except on Quests? I have said repeatedly I want to DD & heal on the side like I first read the char was intended to be played.

We are capable of great combinations that has people joining squads we are in just to see what we can do. To me its like picking the least significant of our skills and saying - here! this is what I am, lol. And, when Im in a squad, and told to just heal it really annoys the **** out of me, especially if there is a cleric - fail or otherwise - in the squad.

If I only wanted to DD, I would have made a Sin or BM, or yes, even a Veno. I might not be God's gift to PWI, but Im smart enough to pick the best char-type for what I want to do. Likewise, if I only wanted to heal, Id of rolled a cleric, duh.

And the fact people would even suggest I 'just heal' shows that that is all they have been shown that a mystic can do.

EDIT: Or its all they want to acknowledge that a Mystic can do, lol xD
  • Marista - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Options
    LOL.

I'm perfectly willing to heal in emergencies, res buff the cleric, lay down plants for aoe pulls to assist bb or give the squad time to recover from its loss in GV, etc, but I will not be treated as a cleric substitute. There's a difference between saying "I will not solo heal, it's boring as hell and I would play my cleric if I did." I have a 5.0 bm if I want to just DD--I'm fully aware that it isn't the only point of the class.

That said, your logic is pretty weak anyway. A mystic is a competent AoE dd, whilst a veno is one of the two worst classes in terms of AoE dding. In terms of pvp, the mystic also has many options that a veno does not (Salvation, single target seals, etc). Being on a carebear server, I guess I can't really expect you to understand that, though, or the fact that, in general, pve is an unwelcome necessity on my mystic. Though I prefer to DD than to heal, and am willing to heal to a limited degree, doing either of them is at best a necessary evil for leveling. For any serious (ie instances that aren't easymode like frost) instances except GV, in which I love mystic, I'd never play my mystic over my bm.

Thus, on the whole, I'd say you're wrong. There are reasons to be a mystic for DDing, and even then I'm not advocating that as the only role, something you'd realize if you had taken the time to look carefully. Furthermore, you're quite wrong that no one is forcing you to only heal, because those who perpetuate the stereotype of us being solo healers, be they mystics or non, are indeed forcing us into that role by denying access to squads to those of us who wish only to fulfill our accurate role of being somewhere between the two extremes in factor of those who can replace one of the "necessary" spots by being solo healer. Denying this as you have demonstrates that you're not willing to look outside your own experience. Those who want to solo heal need not do otherwise, but they cannot be allowed to perpetuate the myth that the class performs only that function.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GaiaStorm - Harshlands
    GaiaStorm - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ugh I swear if there's one thing I hate about a healing mystic it's that they're plants have life so they die so easily to anything. I can never keep up a healing herb + Vital herb in some situations where they're truly needed.

I personally don't believe a cleric should be a healer unless it's in extreme situations. I make an effort to tell my squad that we need a cleric even though I'm a mystic. So far people seem to agree with me but there have been those few times where someone said they're fine without one and we'd usually wind up getting smacked around by what was needed until a cleric finally comes. I'm not a good healer. I can do pretty good in certain situations where I'm needed but overall I love a cleric in the squad along with me. I can concentrate on doing what I want which is support heal and rez buff when I can.

That's another thing. The rez buff makes people overconfident. I've noticed that lately when someone rushes into the instance with my rez buff. If the cleric hadn't said something that would've gone bad quickly.

Overall the Mystic is NOT meant to be a cleric. In certain situations Mystics can heal as needed and get the job done but it is so much better to have a cleric alongside a mystic.
  • Eniyo - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    Options
    That said, your logic is pretty weak anyway. A mystic is a competent AoE dd, whilst a veno is one of the two worst classes in terms of AoE dding. In terms of pvp, the mystic also has many options that a veno does not (Salvation, single target seals, etc). Being on a carebear server, I guess I can't really expect you to understand that, though, or the fact that, in general, pve is an unwelcome necessity on my mystic. Though I prefer to DD than to heal, and am willing to heal to a limited degree, doing either of them is at best a necessary evil for leveling. For any serious (ie instances that aren't easymode like frost) instances except GV, in which I love mystic, I'd never play my mystic over my bm.

Thus, on the whole, I'd say you're wrong. There are reasons to be a mystic for DDing, and even then I'm not advocating that as the only role, something you'd realize if you had taken the time to look carefully. Furthermore, you're quite wrong that no one is forcing you to only heal, because those who perpetuate the stereotype of us being solo healers, be they mystics or non, are indeed forcing us into that role by denying access to squads to those of us who wish only to fulfill our accurate role of being somewhere between the two extremes in factor of those who can replace one of the "necessary" spots by being solo healer. Denying this as you have demonstrates that you're not willing to look outside your own experience. Those who want to solo heal need not do otherwise, but they cannot be allowed to perpetuate the myth that the class performs only that function.

Oh no >: You got me wrong. I was exaggerating and just pointing out what comments I read here. Actually I just picked the Veno because this is the class (next to Cleric) we're compared to the most - what is actually utterly wrong because our summons are a lot different than a Veno's pets and we have other significant differences. I fully understand how Mystics work and I really looked into this. I enjoy being a DD and Support. And I really really rather have a Cleric with me than going alone and I tell my squads to look for one. If there isn't any I'm willing to fit the role. Beside that I love the fact that I can just change from DD to Support and back depending on the situation.

I don't know what your squads look for when you join but I think there is a way to avoid healing/solo healing if you don't want to do that: Join squads who look for a DD and say you're a DD and just support in "dangerous" situations. Why would anyone join a "CLERIC ONLY PLS"-squad? I see your point that Mystics are not "wanted" if they don't go into full-support but I think this is just because they are still a new class and most ppl still don't get what they're capable of. How are ppl going to learn we're not only healers, if noone tells them? When I didn't have friends who'd ask me to join a squad I always told ppl that I'm only a support to a cleric but actually a DD. They got it and now they know. We are just being forced into the healer-role because we let them force us.

If people don't want to listen and tell you to heal after you told them you're not going to be a Cleric here, ignore them. Some just don't learn. Especially ppl who don't play the class and don't know what it's capable of should just accept the fact that they need to shut up.
  • Marista - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Oh no >: You got me wrong. I was exaggerating and just pointing out what comments I read here. Actually I just picked the Veno because this is the class (next to Cleric) we're compared to the most - what is actually utterly wrong because our summons are a lot different than a Veno's pets and we have other significant differences. I fully understand how Mystics work and I really looked into this. I enjoy being a DD and Support. And I really really rather have a Cleric with me than going alone and I tell my squads to look for one. If there isn't any I'm willing to fit the role. Beside that I love the fact that I can just change from DD to Support and back depending on the situation.

I don't know what your squads look for when you join but I think there is a way to avoid healing/solo healing if you don't want to do that: Join squads who look for a DD and say you're a DD and just support in "dangerous" situations. Why would anyone join a "CLERIC ONLY PLS"-squad? I see your point that Mystics are not "wanted" if they don't go into full-support but I think this is just because they are still a new class and most ppl still don't get what they're capable of. How are ppl going to learn we're not only healers, if noone tells them? When I didn't have friends who'd ask me to join a squad I always told ppl that I'm only a support to a cleric but actually a DD. They got it and now they know. We are just being forced into the healer-role because we let them force us.

If people don't want to listen and tell you to heal after you told them you're not going to be a Cleric here, ignore them. Some just don't learn. Especially ppl who don't play the class and don't know what it's capable of should just accept the fact that they need to shut up.

Ah, fair enough. Sorry if I jumped to the defensive--I have something of a complex about being mocked, which made me jump to the conclusion that I was. That would be my mistake, and my apologies for the overly zealous defense that I made.

But yeah, I'll grant you that. I never join squads looking for healers only, but part of the problem is when you get in one that needs both a healer and dds, and a cleric isn't readily found, then people can start trying to get you to take over the role, even if you explicit pm that you want to join as a dd. The other half, of course, is those who just won't accept you as a dd at all, but they're not as big a problem since one generally doesn't get into them.

However, ignoring them in the former scenario is difficult, as it may well get you kicked if the opinion of the squad is against you, so it's a hard thing to deal with effectively. Lately I've just resorted to making a friend solo for me, heh. <.<;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    You all got trolled by a butthurt Cleric
    PWI b:bye
  • MarciaZee - Raging Tide
    MarciaZee - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I feel your frustration. Let's face it...it's stressful to be a healer class PERIOD!
    -When someone doesn't know how to play their class: it adds to our job.
    -When someone is impulsive and foolish: it adds to our job.
    -When someone plays from their ego: it adds to our job.
    -When someone is poorly equipped: it adds to our job.

We are there to make up for not only lost hp but the failings of others. No, mystics are not clerics...clerics are not mystics...barbs are not bms and sins are not seekers. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. Know they self. When someone fails at that very basic principle they will blame the closest healer they can find. No, you are not a Cleric and just like a cleric you are not a door mat either. Rage if you want to rage. That is what this forum is for and believe me, as a cleric I feel your pain. @~&gt;~~
  • Youleeah - Lost City
    Youleeah - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    kalshomin wrote: »
    Im here to rage, so if any of you dont like people who rage then go away!

Anyway i wish people would stop confusing us mystics with clerics, we absolutely cannot heal better or even anywhere near as good as a skilled cleric.

In FC i find my stupid squad thinking that since they have a mystic they can get away with having no cleric, then they get mad at me when they all die. all my heals are maxxed and i figure myself to be a very good mystic, its just WE ARE NOT CLERICS.

As a support healer we can do wonders for a squad, but if you try to replace a cleric with a mystic your asking to die horribly.

ALSO a note to the imbecile mystics that think your better than a cleric, your not, get the hell over yourself and stop feeding the misconception that we are clerics.

YES our aoe healing is better than cleric aoe healing, but it takes a very long time to set up, requires an insane amount of mana as well as chi. also in order to do AOE healing you need both vital and healing herbs up, now unless im mistaken the only reason youd need to aoe heal is if your taking aoe damage, and the plants unfortunately die quite rapidly. so our aoe healing is also very easy to break.

and when it comes to the true purpose of a healer: keeping a tank alive, dont fool yourself you may be able to do it for a while but either your tank is going to die or your squad is going to die cause if you stop healing the tank to heal the squad the tank will die, stop trying to be a cleric and get a cleric.

now one last time MYSTICS ARE NOT CLERICS thank you that is all

You should make an APS character, this way you can rage with people and not be raged at. :P
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    Kaitica - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Well, instead of raging moar?

Why Don't we look at the title and say

nuh der, completely different names negates everything.
  • Eniyo - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ah, fair enough. Sorry if I jumped to the defensive--I have something of a complex about being mocked, which made me jump to the conclusion that I was. That would be my mistake, and my apologies for the overly zealous defense that I made.

But yeah, I'll grant you that. I never join squads looking for healers only, but part of the problem is when you get in one that needs both a healer and dds, and a cleric isn't readily found, then people can start trying to get you to take over the role, even if you explicit pm that you want to join as a dd. The other half, of course, is those who just won't accept you as a dd at all, but they're not as big a problem since one generally doesn't get into them.

However, ignoring them in the former scenario is difficult, as it may well get you kicked if the opinion of the squad is against you, so it's a hard thing to deal with effectively. Lately I've just resorted to making a friend solo for me, heh. <.<;

Yea, some people really try to push you into the job. So far I've never been kicked though since I tell everyone from the start that I'm not replacing a Cleric and if they want me to be the only healer I can't guarantee survival if they play like total nubs. I know my limits.

I found wonderful friends in FC and now I only go with them and only if they ask me to go. I'm not actually lvling until I have enough for 99gear :3 Hehehehe.
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I found wonderful friends in FC and now I only go with them and only if they ask me to go. I'm not actually lvling until I have enough for 99gear :3 Hehehehe.

As I said before you are very lucky. It seems like all I have found since I made this char are idiots that want to slam **** into me to see how long I can survive. Its a lot of fun to watch a newb die apparently. If these were 8 year olds I could easily understand it. But no, these are people who would tell me they are 'adults', and even think Im mindless enough to want to join their guilds.

Yes, Im nonfactor and honestly proud of it. Being in a guild has never done anything for me other than help me help them get their alts BH's done. As Ive said Im hopeing this changes after 90, but I also find myself logging in less and less, and 90 seems further & further away.

I know there are nice helpful people on Raging Tide, or at least Im trying to 'keep the faith' that there are. But taken as a whole, I'd have to say the server suzes. Its like all that's left are people that would like to see you quit playing the game.

I failed last night in FC. A 'friend' PMed me and asked me to heal it. I told him I cant heal Runewolf, I HAVE to run from him. He told me not to worry about it, seeker tank would heal himself. Throughout the whole run I found myself fighting pulls alone, getting slammed with **** etc. After the last boss, and after wasting mana from my charm to transference a Sally so I could def buff the seeker tank - someone yelled kill harpy. Sounded reasonable so I did. While reading the squad leader say 'too late' in the chat and he/she started the heads anyway, the Harpy killed me. And without Res Buff (cause we got to do everything ultra fast & ultra stupid, right?) I had to release. So I left the squad telling my 'friend' to 'enjoy ur heads'.

I accept full responsibility, afterall, I could have just refused to go. I could be a better player. I could be a smarter person. Im thinking about removing my 'friend' over it.

He told me he tried to save me, lmao. But yeah, I wont be running with them again, although the person I am mad at the most is myself. b:angry
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I failed last night in FC. A 'friend' PMed me and asked me to heal it. I told him I cant heal Runewolf, I HAVE to run from him.

I don't get it. At all. ._. Why can't you heal runewolf? We got 2 ranged heals, one thats a heal over time and one that heals quite a good deal with an epic channeling. That's more than enough to keep someone alive on that boss...

After the last boss, and after wasting mana from my charm to transference a Sally so I could def buff the seeker tank - someone yelled kill harpy. Sounded reasonable so I did. While reading the squad leader say 'too late' in the chat and he/she started the heads anyway, the Harpy killed me. And without Res Buff (cause we got to do everything ultra fast & ultra stupid, right?) I had to release.

Same for harpies. You shouldn't be dying from them. Whenever I approach a harpy or something I'm gonna tank, I put petals on myself. If that wears out, well restack or use break. You shouldn't be dying at all unless you got multiple mobs on you that crush you in a matter of seconds .-.
    For rez buff... I can't believe you didn't have the 30 seconds max to put on on yourself lol

As for the topic.. meh, ofc mystics aren't clerics. lol That's obvious.
    But mystics are epic. Big DD and we can do a lot of stuff. If your cleric is slow, help him by assisting in heals. Or just go solo healing. I'm 97 now and I can soloheal a lot of things, including fcc. It's a lot about being smart and tricky. But hell, I kept a 5k hp sin alive through fragrance in there. With my +4 aquadash that is.
    There's some thing you simply can't do, like full pull in exp room without barb or pull the magic hall. But then again, even a cleric would have big troubles keeping you alive there.

If you don't like being asked to heal, then you shouldn't play a mystic lol That's like being a cleric and saying 'oh but I wanna DD'. Roll a wiz or psy then :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver
    TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I feel your frustration. Let's face it...it's stressful to be a healer class PERIOD!
    -When someone doesn't know how to play their class: it adds to our job.
    -When someone is impulsive and foolish: it adds to our job.
    -When someone plays from their ego: it adds to our job.
    -When someone is poorly equipped: it adds to our job.

We are there to make up for not only lost hp but the failings of others. No, mystics are not clerics...clerics are not mystics...barbs are not bms and sins are not seekers. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. Know they self. When someone fails at that very basic principle they will blame the closest healer they can find. No, you are not a Cleric and just like a cleric you are not a door mat either. Rage if you want to rage. That is what this forum is for and believe me, as a cleric I feel your pain. @~&gt;~~

Oh god you have no idea, ran a BH 39 last night with a barb, sin, cleric, and my mystic, overall a good balance, and we could have coasted through it, but one problem, the barb didnt realize that he was not invincible. He decided to pull about 6-7 of the explody crab mobs at the same time, we have no real AoE to speak of, and then he dies, the cleric healing him dies, the sin who was attacking from afar trying to help dies, and since I threw up my healing plants to try to save the barb, I got aggroed til I died too. Then the cleric has to rebuff everyone, I respawn with my meager amount of hp and mp, and have to re-rez buff everyone. And then right before Hercule where there's a wall of red ladies and mana suckers, he runs right in and attacks, whole group aggroed him because of mob mentality, and he got wiped and then it wasnt long after that we all got killed again. Of course the sin just can get up, get his free heals from me and the cleric, but me and the cleric have to chug mp pots rebuffing everyone again because of a foolish tank. Sometimes you just want to reach through the monitor and slap some sense into them, ya know?

Honestly, you'd think he'd never ran the BH39 before by how he was acting, to all players out there, if you are new to a dungeon, it is perfectly fine and even encouraged to ask us for a step-by-step, it's much more preferable than not asking and causing a party wipe.

And note to tanks: There is no use pulling giant mobs when you can't hold their aggro and we don't have AoE, the reason you pull mobs together is for someone to nuke them, know which classes get AoE at which levels and pull the correct size of mob according to how much AoE you have. Contrary to popular belief, you do have to be mildly intelligent to be a good tank
  • Marista - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If you don't like being asked to heal, then you shouldn't play a mystic lol That's like being a cleric and saying 'oh but I wanna DD'. Roll a wiz or psy then :p

So, if I want to play a veno and don't want to melee things in fox form, I should just roll a mage too, right? Not every class is obliged to make full use of its potential abilities. How many bms are there who don't even max sword or spear trees, but aren't considered fail bms? It is entirely silly to claim that we are in any way obliged to heal. Not doing so in an emergency can certainly make one seem a jerk, but the situation is not essentially different from any of the others I have outlined.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]