Mystics Are Not Clerics

kalshomin
kalshomin Posts: 3 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Mystic
Im here to rage, so if any of you dont like people who rage then go away!

Anyway i wish people would stop confusing us mystics with clerics, we absolutely cannot heal better or even anywhere near as good as a skilled cleric.

In FC i find my stupid squad thinking that since they have a mystic they can get away with having no cleric, then they get mad at me when they all die. all my heals are maxxed and i figure myself to be a very good mystic, its just WE ARE NOT CLERICS.

As a support healer we can do wonders for a squad, but if you try to replace a cleric with a mystic your asking to die horribly.

ALSO a note to the imbecile mystics that think your better than a cleric, your not, get the hell over yourself and stop feeding the misconception that we are clerics.

YES our aoe healing is better than cleric aoe healing, but it takes a very long time to set up, requires an insane amount of mana as well as chi. also in order to do AOE healing you need both vital and healing herbs up, now unless im mistaken the only reason youd need to aoe heal is if your taking aoe damage, and the plants unfortunately die quite rapidly. so our aoe healing is also very easy to break.

and when it comes to the true purpose of a healer: keeping a tank alive, dont fool yourself you may be able to do it for a while but either your tank is going to die or your squad is going to die cause if you stop healing the tank to heal the squad the tank will die, stop trying to be a cleric and get a cleric.

now one last time MYSTICS ARE NOT CLERICS thank you that is all
Post edited by kalshomin on

Comments

• Lunaryl - Heavens Tear
    Lunaryl - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Wow. Rage moar. Maybe it's not the class, but you? I've been on my fair share of clericless instances and I do just as well if not better than a lot of clerics I've squadded with prior to the Mystic class being released. I've healed for TT3-3, FF, world bosses and most of full rebirth when our cleric DCed.

Personally, I'd prefer to have a cleric in squad as well, I don't really care that much for the healing aspect, but if you play your character right and if you don't squad with complete morons.. going clericless is actually not that difficult.

Is it fair for me to assume you're just doing pick up squads from world chat, powerleveling your mystic and therefore having sub-par gear and squadding with idiots who also have sub-par gear? If so, then that's your problem.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kalshomin
    kalshomin Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You actually make a good point, yes im only 87 and still using fc to get higher levels, so much of my gear is preatty bad.

i have noticed that on some occasions when the tank is good enough i can keep everyone alive, but for the most part, when we dont have a cleric we die

thinking back it should be noted that the only instance i have any experience running is FC and TT so i cant speak for 10X

also im talking about silly squads trying to get a mystic INSTEAD of a cleric, or mystics opting to be the cleric.
  • Lunaryl - Heavens Tear
    Lunaryl - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well, yeah.. if you're level 87 (and doing FF runs with similar leveled players) then there is going to be issue with just a mystic healer. With the amount of people who fly through their levels (and I include myself here) gear usually isn't kept anywhere near up-to-level with any sort of sharding and refines. This does not reflect on the capabilities of the mystic, but the players who fail to do anything with their gear. You'll find that once you're level 100+ and your gear as well as those you play with should be significantly better and you will therefore be capable of more with your squad.

In fact, even with what I consider "average" gear, at level 99 I was using TT99 gold armor with +5 refines, and able to solo much of FF by myself, no cleric involved. Mystic really are capable of a lot, but you can't blame the class when you're dealing with people who either for one, don't know how to play because they spend their time rushing FF or two, have spent all their coins on hyper stones rather than on the improvement of their gear.

Again, I stress that we are not replacement clerics, but with some skill and invested in your gear (and squadding with those who have the same) you will see that we are quite competent in all we do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    IKnuke - Harshlands Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I didn't bother reading sorry, Its too old.
    Anyway - I have been healing in BHs, FBs, FCs, Nirvanas...
    I never failed in it, I can heal like a Cleric.
    I would prefer having a cleric sometimes of course because of: BB (Damage Reduce) and Buffs.
    But that's it really.
    Anyway, Either face it or rage moar. Bai ;3
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I would prefer having a cleric sometimes of course because of: BB (Damage Reduce) and Buffs.
    But that's it really.

Tbh, you didnt heal during Polearm in BH69 just as well as a cleric - unless maybe if you had a 101 Sin tanking or something.

Two things we can't really do:

1. BB - I love these when they are placed up close near me & the tank.

2. Purify reliably - granted some clerics who are still learning their chars, or are just not-so-great clerics can't either. But any cleric with a clue leaves us in the dust on that one.

YES, we can proc a purify every now and again - but its not a reliable solid spell like it is for a cleric.

Kaithx&bai too b:chuckle
    edited September 2011
    Well, yeah.. if you're level 87 (and doing FF runs with similar leveled players) then there is going to be issue with just a mystic healer. With the amount of people who fly through their levels (and I include myself here) gear usually isn't kept anywhere near up-to-level with any sort of sharding and refines. This does not reflect on the capabilities of the mystic, but the players who fail to do anything with their gear. You'll find that once you're level 100+ and your gear as well as those you play with should be significantly better and you will therefore be capable of more with your squad.

In fact, even with what I consider "average" gear, at level 99 I was using TT99 gold armor with +5 refines, and able to solo much of FF by myself, no cleric involved. Mystic really are capable of a lot, but you can't blame the class when you're dealing with people who either for one, don't know how to play because they spend their time rushing FF or two, have spent all their coins on hyper stones rather than on the improvement of their gear.

Again, I stress that we are not replacement clerics, but with some skill and invested in your gear (and squadding with those who have the same) you will see that we are quite competent in all we do.

Rushing through levels is not an issue for a Mystic on my server - you see level 78 - 98 spamming for random squads. I guess it could be an issue if I bought Heads - but I prefer to buy other things with my small personal investments in the game, and level my char slowly. Its my first one, and its nice to actually learn something about a game before entering into the realm of power-leveling. At least thats what I tell myself when I cant find a squad.

And I wouldnt be able to afford to buy Heads at all if I had to depend on my newb income from quests for the privilege.

I dont always get Heads, even when I do manage to get a squad. A lovely little routine on my server is for someone to make a squad, and get as close to the Heads as they can before telling everyone they now need to give him anywhere from 300 - 500K or he/she will kick them. As far as Im concerned, I already paid by being the best DD & heal support the squad has, and burning through my charms in the process.

Even if I was just relying on pots for my mana supply, its still too much waste on this type of BS.

YES, a lot of people have seen us 'take up the healing slack' & even do literal miracles - like dropping a comforting mist at the moment a hard AoE lands on our squads.

Maybe you are on a server where factions for under level 90 players look to do something more than just make coin off their members, and if you are I am here to tell you you are very fortunate indeed.

Point of this being - Mystics do NOT have easy times getting FC squads, even the random variety. There is a cookie-cutter concept of what an FC squad should be - and Mystic doesnt appear anywhere on the list.

YES, I agree we do not replace a cleric at all - but you can't blame a Mystic who has spent days or even weeks spamming for a squad, for simply taking what they can get.

For those that recognise us for the dynamite job we can do DD as well as helping to keep everyone healed, I <3 you. b:cute
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    kalshomin wrote: »
    Im here to rage, so if any of you dont like people who rage then go away!

Anyway i wish people would stop confusing us mystics with clerics, we absolutely cannot heal better or even anywhere near as good as a skilled cleric.

In FC i find my stupid squad thinking that since they have a mystic they can get away with having no cleric, then they get mad at me when they all die. all my heals are maxxed and i figure myself to be a very good mystic, its just WE ARE NOT CLERICS.

As a support healer we can do wonders for a squad, but if you try to replace a cleric with a mystic your asking to die horribly.

ALSO a note to the imbecile mystics that think your better than a cleric, your not, get the hell over yourself and stop feeding the misconception that we are clerics.

YES our aoe healing is better than cleric aoe healing, but it takes a very long time to set up, requires an insane amount of mana as well as chi. also in order to do AOE healing you need both vital and healing herbs up, now unless im mistaken the only reason youd need to aoe heal is if your taking aoe damage, and the plants unfortunately die quite rapidly. so our aoe healing is also very easy to break.

and when it comes to the true purpose of a healer: keeping a tank alive, dont fool yourself you may be able to do it for a while but either your tank is going to die or your squad is going to die cause if you stop healing the tank to heal the squad the tank will die, stop trying to be a cleric and get a cleric.

now one last time MYSTICS ARE NOT CLERICS thank you that is all

mystics are not clerics, i 100% agree. BUT we are good healers that are able to keep a squad alive. if u cant do that much then its ur fault and u pretty much suck honestly. so all of that rage you have should be directed at yourself.
  • Eniyo - Raging Tide
    Eniyo - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2011

I dont always get Heads, even when I do manage to get a squad. A lovely little routine on my server is for someone to make a squad, and get as close to the Heads as they can before telling everyone they now need to give him anywhere from 300 - 500K or he/she will kick them. As far as Im concerned, I already paid by being the best DD & heal support the squad has, and burning through my charms in the process.

Point of this being - Mystics do NOT have easy times getting FC squads, even the random variety. There is a cookie-cutter concept of what an FC squad should be - and Mystic doesnt appear anywhere on the list.

Like.... Really?
    We're on the same server and I'm sad that this happens to you regularily. I've NEVER seen squadleaders threathen the rest of the squadmembers o.o And I've been to a lot of FC already. So sad D: ! [No irony here!] I think you're just really unlucky.

Also I've never had the problem of not getting a squad for FC. Most ppl actually enjoy having a Mystic in their squad. Again: Sad D: Unlucky unlucky.

Mystics are not Clerics: True, but that does not mean, that I don't know how to keep "my" squad alive without one. [Especially with a sage Sally it's always fun to see bubble-people run around b:chuckle]
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Just wow. And I thought I failed when I was only able to solo-heal FF at 85. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
    edited September 2011
    Like.... Really?
    We're on the same server and I'm sad that this happens to you regularily. I've NEVER seen squadleaders threathen the rest of the squadmembers o.o And I've been to a lot of FC already. So sad D: ! [No ironie here!] I think you're just really unlucky.

Also I've never had the problem of not getting a squad for FC. Most ppl actually enjoy having a Mystic in their squad. Again: Sad D: Unlucky unlucky.

Mystics are not Clerics: True, but that does not mean, that I don't know how to keep "my" squad alive without one. [Especially with a sage Sally it's always fun to see bubble-people run around b:chuckle]

I wouldn't say it if it weren't true. However, I can also agree with your estimation on 'luck'.

Do you ever read World Chat at all?

I have seen only one time someone in FC ask for a Mystic...one time. Everyone else asks for the 'cookie-cutter' barb, cleric 2 sins and a BM, with either an archer or seeker for a sixth. Once in a while a Psy or Veno is requested.

From what I understand Mystics are relatively new chars in the game, and I dont think a lot of people understand what they are capable of bringing to a squad - if they did, they would probably be more open to looking for one when spamming Snowy Village or WC for DD.

You have to *think* to make a Mystic, as there isnt as much info available on them as there is on Sins and older characters.

Another thing about us, the only range weapon we have is our mage. We cant pick up a cheesy bow to kill the Heads with. I've currently adapted to using the tab key and sigging my pet on them, lol. It feels a lot faster than any of my spells are, and costs me no mana.
  • mecatl33
    mecatl33 Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I agree mystics aren't clerics. Nothing wrong with the OP raging about it. I laugh when I see someone WC for a mystic for something like BH69. I know that mystic will probably get **** if he/she fails to keep everyone alive. Yeah some mystics can get the job done but it also takes a decent squad to help the mystic do their job properly.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hmm that reminds me of people thinking seekers are barbs and bms. Which is not true, seeker are aoe tankers. Amazing some people dont even understand that. People need to play the new classes i say, and skipping to 100 and then whining doesnt count lol. In fact people should be greatful that seekers make their fcs faster and more effective. Also be more grateful that mystics that do heal try, its not simple as people think. OF course i never tried mystic but i respect them.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eniyo - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011

Do you ever read World Chat at all?

I have seen only one time someone in FC ask for a Mystic...one time. Everyone else asks for the 'cookie-cutter' barb, cleric 2 sins and a BM, with either an archer or seeker for a sixth. Once in a while a Psy or Veno is requested.

From what I understand Mystics are relatively new chars in the game, and I dont think a lot of people understand what they are capable of bringing to a squad - if they did, they would probably be more open to looking for one when spamming Snowy Village or WC for DD.

You have to *think* to make a Mystic, as there isnt as much info available on them as there is on Sins and older characters.

Yes, I read WC - but in the end I'm always annoyed by the spam and **** ppl talk on it. Also WC isn't a good place to look for FC for a Mystic, because it is usually the last option for squads to get the classes they really "need" for a FC [tank/puller mostly].
    In snowy I ask once and get my invite, sometimes ending up as the only healer. Np for me with sage heal and sage sally. And most ppl don't play like nabs when there's "only" a Mystic around. When I played with a Cleric [and I rather have a Cleric with me] ppl went Leeroy Jenkins style because "oh we have two healers now!"

Agreed that most people don't understand how versatile Mystics are and what they contribute to a squad [if the Mystic isn't a nab who rushed to high lvl without playing the class ofc.] But let's give them time.

I prefer people thinking when playing a class >.<
    But well, I think we have some decent info gathered now. Guides and everything. But they are just info and nothing more. Most people don't understand that you need to play a class to master it and not just read about it and claim you're a pro.
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Wow i read your comments, I feel sorry for you.
    Problems with FC?
    I have done the job better than any other class, I freaking make people love Mystics.
    *Compliment Self Much*
    If you fail your char, don't rage at Mystics.
    kthxbai.
    edited September 2011
    Yes, I read WC - but in the end I'm always annoyed by the spam and **** ppl talk on it. Also WC isn't a good place to look for FC for a Mystic, because it is usually the last option for squads to get the classes they really "need" for a FC [tank/puller mostly].
    In snowy I ask once and get my invite, sometimes ending up as the only healer. Np for me with sage heal and sage sally. And most ppl don't play like nabs when there's "only" a Mystic around. When I played with a Cleric [and I rather have a Cleric with me] ppl went Leeroy Jenkins style because "oh we have two healers now!"

Agreed that most people don't understand how versatile Mystics are and what they contribute to a squad [if the Mystic isn't a nab who rushed to high lvl without playing the class ofc.] But let's give them time.

I prefer people thinking when playing a class >.<
    But well, I think we have some decent info gathered now. Guides and everything. But they are just info and nothing more. Most people don't understand that you need to play a class to master it and not just read about it and claim you're a pro.

Really? You are that lucky, huh? Perhaps a big difference in our experience has to do with the lvl. I just got Sage a day or so ago. Perhaps you are above 90, and belong to a faction, or play with a group friends usually. Perhaps you dont really ask for a squad often, except in the Faction Chat - where you might only have to ask once.

Im not saying you are not being truthful with your comments from your personal perspective (which is all any of us really have to go by) - about asking for a random once and getting it. But perhaps unlike me, this is not your first character, you did not just start playing the game this Summer, and are able to get into one of the 'pro' alt FCs easily enough.

I wont get into what I think about a 'pro' Alt FC, lol. But I will make this comment to ponder - who is going to be there to join anyone's faction at 90 to 100, who is even going to make it to 100? Where are they learning how to be 'pro' from, when they are having a hard enough time getting a squad of 'Keystone Cops'-style toons to run with? Or only encountering the rip-off runs. Let's say like me, they stick it out.

I had someone advise me to run with good players. As a statement, it is a solid one. However, how many good players at my level do I really know? I have a friends list full of either high levels, or people who left me in the dust doing Heads. I really cant get away with lying to attempt a 'pro' alt FC run, lol - nor would I want to.

True story:

I actually joined the squad of a person I knew to be a Heads scammer (from previous experience) this past weekend. I was finally at 96.7% and wanted to do my Culti before the weekend was over. I figured even if he/she kicked before Heads I would get 89.

I'm glad I did. I was lmao watching people join the squad and immediately drop from it - one after the other. I PM'd a cleric to ask why they left, and they said it was "because of one of the Sins". Didnt even have to ask what they meant, or which Sin they were talking about. xD

That Sin may be turning over a new leaf (at least temporarily). He did pass lead to another player in the group, who did not attempt to 'steal the Heads'. He's 1 of 3 players I've encountered in the less than a dozen runs Ive done since level 85 that do steal/have stolen the Heads. That's like 1/4 of the squad leaders, which is not a very good ratio for a game, sadly.

Anyway, it doesnt matter what I can or cant do healing wise - I prefer having a cleric in my squad. I prefer to DD than heal, and if Im the only heal in the squad, my ability to DD is severely restricted. I prefer to jump in a BB, throw down my herbs, and burn that mother down. b:laugh
  • Eniyo - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Really? You are that lucky, huh? Perhaps a big difference in our experience has to do with the lvl. I just got Sage a day or so ago. Perhaps you are above 90, and belong to a faction, or play with a group friends usually. Perhaps you dont really ask for a squad often, except in the Faction Chat - where you might only have to ask once.

Im not saying you are not being truthful with your comments from your personal perspective (which is all any of us really have to go by) - about asking for a random once and getting it. But perhaps unlike me, this is not your first character, you did not just start playing the game this Summer, and are able to get into one of the 'pro' alt FCs easily enough.

Hm, maybe I am lucky. But truth is: I had some really really messed up FCs where puller didn't want to pull or cleric wasn't healing or ppl AOEd at last boss before heads XD Who didn't have those?

I played PWI before, left and came back. Started over new. This is my first char that i go to FC with :)
    Joined a guild and got really nice friends via FC. Now i just play with them and go to FC with them. Before that I had to ask but always got my invite - if it is because I'm a Mystic or because there were enough squads who were looking for more ppl to go to FC or maybe even because they went on FC with me before and recognized me I do not know and I won't assume anything - but I asked and I got it. And if there were no squads in my lvl-range I would come back later.

I'm not saying that every Mystic gets an invite after asking once but this was my experience - maybe because I was lucky, who knows? I can't tell that.
    I go to FC with friends now and only when ppl ask me. No need to rush through lvls with **** gear. :)

I wish you better luck with your squads. b:cute
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    In a FC, Back in the day people were doing EXP Room.
    I would summon plants while the puller pulls (a few secs before he comes)
    Chi Pot -> Demon Spark -> Gale Force -> While mobs run AOE Heal -> Another Gale Force
    They would die by then.
    edited September 2011
    In a FC, Back in the day people were doing EXP Room.
    I would summon plants while the puller pulls (a few secs before he comes)
    Chi Pot -> Demon Spark -> Gale Force -> While mobs run AOE Heal -> Another Gale Force
    They would die by then.

Sounds good. I liked using my 10 AoE Gale Force, and think it really accelerates killing the pulls. That being said, a Sin recently protested my using it because the NPC's run a short distance, and Idk - I guess that's annoying. I understand it may pull one or two out of aggro for other players, but I ultimately have a "so?" attitude about it. I mean if the pulls are dying faster overall, why is that really an issue?

The barb on the run agreed that I should not use it. Suddenly I found myself like a deer in the headlights - okay, Im not supposed to AoE DD??!! We would rather kill the pulls slow than have some get pulled out of someone elses aggro - even though they dont really go far & come right back???

Now that Im Sage this might not be an issue anymore. And, idk - maybe its a viable point. I had been restricting it to use in hallways only (the corners & dead ends) since a complaint was made. It (the complaint) only happened in that one squad.

I also confess I have used AoE Gale Force myself on two bosses in FC. Everyone's yelling "someone get the hands", or "someone get the bishops" while they stay planted on the boss, and no one ends up getting them, lol. Well Im a newb with an AoE who didnt understand at the time that that is the Sins job, and if no one is getting those monsters or can't figure out who 'someone' is, then why not? lol. The 2 squads that has happened in noone complained, and we didnt wipe or anything.

Throw a newb a bone please, and at least yell out what class you want to get the hands/bishops. Not everyone you encounter sprung from the womb with full knowledge of PWI. *laffs*
  • My_Camry - Heavens Tear
    My_Camry - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Like stated above it all comes down to squad.
    I've got some people on HT that we will do FF runs regardless with or without cleric and I've had 95+ squads , where people will act like complete noobs causing squad wipe leaving you no other choice than leaving.
    In summary, yes we are not clerics, but in right instance and good squad where people know whet they doing, we can do just as good.
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Yea people would get pissed at the seals...
    But:
    1.) It can save them because while mobs run they cant really hit.
    2.) I use it when they are stunned.
    3.) If u mix it with Thicket, The chances for them to run is real low.
    4.) People are dumb. xD
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    kalshomin wrote: »
    stuff

Seems to me you should powerlevel less and focus a bit more on gear.

You do realize that the better gear you have, the better you'll heal/DD etc, right?
    edited September 2011
    But:
    4.) People are dumb. xD

Awesome! Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try. b:victory
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    But that's it really.
    I agree with you. The only things clerics have over mystics is BB (damn aoe kills herbs like they're nothing), buffs, and rez while dead. Other than that, mystics rock. Mine is only 65, but he can handle Rank's aoe and heal a tank and squad of all 6x level.
    We're not cleric's no. We're a cleric/veno/psy hybrid, so ofc each class can do the job they are assigned to better, but we still do a damn good job at what we can do.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Wow! - 3 pages spent on an obvious troll post.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Xyrika - Archosaur
    Xyrika - Archosaur Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yeap.. thats always the same.. One person powerlvls to 80+ in some days or a week. THis person has bad gear and doesn't know what he can do.. And is complaining instead of thinking...

Yes Mystics are no clerics, so you cann't play them like clerics. So what? Mystics cann't single heal in instances where debuffs kill the tank too fast(thats in BH69 the case and reason why you either should go with a well equiped 95+ 15k HP Barb or get a cleric) or in places where BB is needed to reduce the dmg at all. BUT I tend to think that there are a lot of places where ppl BB and its actually not needed.

So that for the part what mystics cann't do, but now for the part that mystics CAN do: you CAN heal a squat. You can single heal a FC. Btw if you do FC and use Sum3 to buff the puller they will love you. And for the most part of a FC run its just putting out Vital Herb and attacking, cause the 1k HP that is healed by that herb is far more than most ppl need. So in FC in my opinion a Mystic is the better choice. You don't need BB there. A Seeker don't even need healing on the pulls. So if you are a Mystic and are complaining that you are the only healer in FC you are on the wrong class. BHs(exept 69 and may be 51, when you are still in that lvl-range) can be healed by a Mystic without problems till BH100. Than there are some which require a Cleric.

If you solo and BH you will love the silence.. At least I do, when I solo the BHs for my twinks... If ppl think and aren't tu stupide they can just switch the target. Usually I just use the silence skills just in case of more than 1 mob and in 99.9% of all cases not all mobs run. So tab and take another one or wait.. But I guess thats too much expected of most melee players. OK, one point is if the mobs are range.. Than it can be a real problem to make them run but find out the places where it helps and where you should not do it your self...

I love my mystic and reading this dump threads of we cann't this and we are bad at that are just silly. There are thinks we really cann't, but who cares. No class is supposed to do all.
  • Eniyo - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    But:
    4.) People are dumb. xD

1. agreed. people just don't understand that because of point 4.
    2. agreed.
    3. agreed.
    4. agreed even more.

Shield + falling Petals on Puller. Run. Herbs. AOE.
    If i have enough sparks to use I just get Cragg out. Niiiiice AOE and very fast kill in combination with Ticket and Gale Force. This works pretty fine for me.
    edited October 2011
    tweakz wrote: »
    Wow! - 3 pages spent on an obvious troll post.

If it sparks a meaningful discussion then the only troll I see is you, sorry, lol.

I hate that you all seem to agree that we are merely clerics who can DD in a pinch or something. I honestly see it in the reverse.

Its really depressing to think Ive set myself up to merely stare at health bars. I did that for more than 2 years in another game. Didnt even know what most of the instances really looked like till I made my hunter.

The game says we are a "Jack of all-trades". Is it possible this bent towards cleric is out of player laziness or something?

Is the game developer right - or the mystics who prefer to heal? Im really bummed if the latter proves to be true. b:cry

EDIT: Why in creation would anyone want to make a sub-standard cleric if they truely want to just heal??
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If it sparks a meaningful discussion then the only troll I see is you, sorry, lol.

I hate that you all seem to agree that we are merely clerics who can DD in a pinch or something. I honestly see it in the reverse.

Its really depressing to think Ive set myself up to merely stare at health bars. I did that for more than 2 years in another game. Didnt even know what most of the instances really looked like till I made my hunter.

The game says we are a "Jack of all-trades". Is it possible this bent towards cleric is out of player laziness or something?

Is the game developer right - or the mystics who prefer to heal? Im really bummed if the latter proves to be true. b:cry

EDIT: Why in creation would anyone want to make a sub-standard cleric if they truely want to just heal??

I'm entirely with you. I think people have the stupid idea that we can only heal because they can't seem to grasp that the class has no one set role or because they've given in to the attack speed culture and think of anything that isn't interval based can't dd. Funny how often my storm mistress steals agro from 9x sins in frost, and she's only one part of my dd... I've done my utmost to go against this position in my guide because I've seen what we can do, and that is not limited to healing.

If I wanted to play a healer, I have an R8 cleric I could be playing, and she would be a better healer in regards to everything. I wish mystics who think we're just healers would go reroll cleric and stop imposing the stereotype on those of us who actually want to have fun playing mystic. It's people like them that have kept me from wanting to frost my last 5 lvs on mystic right now... As long as those of us who don't want to be healers keep playing, then the shortsighted players who think otherwise cannot be right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited October 2011

I prefer to think I can be a veno, cleric, and psy all in one and do just as good a job as each class individually. Guess I'm just too hard-headed and used to being OP on my sin b:avoid
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    mystics can make decent emergancy healers but i personally rather have a cerlic with me.

what is really sad is how people don't know the capablies of mystics, they either over estimate, or underestimate them or just flat out suck at using them. i've run a bh 69 with 2 mystics who THOUGHT they could handle pole, something i told them was unlikely at their level. sure enuf when we got to pole he debuffed the barb and killed him, ahhh i just love squad wipe when i'm the only survivorb:chuckle shadow escape is handy.