Would you support a new Stealth Detect Buff?

Options
ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
Ok so the main complaint of anyone that PKs is that the sin stealth skill gives them a massive advantage over any other class.

So what I would like to hear is people's opinions on a new skill for a wiz, cleric, psy or mystic which is an all class buff that lasts 5-10 mins that increases the stealth awareness lvl of the target.

So say if the buff was maxed at lvl 10 it would give +30 awareness lvls (or whatever the max stealth increase is for sins +30 i think but can't remember) so a lvl 100 barb would then have an awareness of 130 and be able to spot those sins of his lvl coming, may not help him b:chuckle but would give him a fighting chance.

I think this would give PvP back a good sense of balance without taking the stealth advantage away completly, after all if you are of higher lvl with maxed skills a lower lvl still wouldn't be able to see you. But the same lvl player would be able to with the buff or if a lower lvl player had the buff and the sin didn't have their skills maxed they could be seen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
Post edited by ZoracGallant - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'd simply prefer the method of making stealth not last for ever till there MP runs dry, like, make the non combat mode stealth last 30 seconds with a 45 second cool down and the battle mode stealth last 15 seconds with a 2-5 minute cool down.

This way, sins can no longer stealth for ever and jump out when ever they feel like it, instead they have to actually prep them selfs for it and at least the enemy could perhaps "get ready" for there first attack in some way, then there "emergency stealth" would only be used as an actual get away with the 15 seconds they have spare and not just a quick jump into safe zone just so 60-90 seconds later then can try again and again and again till they succeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver
    TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hmm, maybe psychic or possibly wizard if you have to give the buff to one of those 4, cleric and mystic just don't seem like the types to have any ability to do such a buff.

However I'm not sure that taking the stealth out of the stealth class would really be fair, especially if it's a party buff or something you can easily buff everyone with...

Maybe make it like resurrect and give it high mana cost and long cooldown? I definitely think you cant be able to give it to everyone or else the sins will have to sit there and tab thru everyone to find a target who doesnt have that buff on them.

Yea sins get a good advantage in PvP over other classes because of being sneaky, but that's kinda what they're designed to do, if you take that away they might as well just be a squishy tank with high dps...
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    the problem is that sins are squishy enough to get hurt bad if you can see them from far away 0.o

i personally prefer the suggestion i had seen that would make the sin come out of stealth if they use any skills/spark, ect

i know we have some teleports, but i think the idea of not being able to use skills in stealth would make things fair
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • XxxRagzxxx - Sanctuary
    XxxRagzxxx - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This would then defeat the purpose of stealthing all together. Sins are at a big disadvantage without stealth as is. They are the only LA class that isn't ranged, so taking this away would make them an easy one hit for arcanes.

Here's the best thing to do. Go learn expel, use it on yourself, then maybe your squishy *** wouldn't die. =)
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'd simply prefer the method of making stealth not last for ever till there MP runs dry, like, make the non combat mode stealth last 30 seconds with a 45 second cool down and the battle mode stealth last 15 seconds with a 2-5 minute cool down.

This way, sins can no longer stealth for ever and jump out when ever they feel like it, instead they have to actually prep them selfs for it and at least the enemy could perhaps "get ready" for there first attack in some way, then there "emergency stealth" would only be used as an actual get away with the 15 seconds they have spare and not just a quick jump into safe zone just so 60-90 seconds later then can try again and again and again till they succeed.

So far i'm liking this idea.
  • XxxRagzxxx - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options

You're then taking stealth completely out of the pve aspect
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    if you take that away they might as well just be a squishy tank with high dps...

They're already tanking the **** out of pretty much everything at higher levels...

I'd say give normal stealth and shadow escape both like 30 seconds duration and 90 seconds cooldown. Once stealth runs out they can use shadow escape, but after that they have 30 seconds of downtime.

Why? Because then you can't just walk through entire dungeons anymore?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    They are changing it so that detect pots do not share a cooldown with other apothecary. Should come here with the R9 earthguard in a few weeks.

The problem with the pot is that it only gives 30 detect levels while shadow escape gives 31 stealth levels so you can't even see a same level sin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • jimbillybob46310
    jimbillybob46310 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ^ **** Idiot
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    wow, thats pretty funny
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I don't have a problem killing sins that try and pk me. I kill them quite often. I enjoy 1 hitting everything but barbs or peeps in +10 r8 or r9.

I'm just suggesting this to even things out for others and I think it would be more fun. Sins can still shadow tele to close gabs so the comment about them being hit from far away is pointless.

Also this doesn't remove the sins advantage only lvls the playing field a bit. Because 1 the person would have to have the buff, 2 short life on the buff, 3 you would have to be of the same lvl or higher to see a sin fully buffed.

So if you are a 105 goon glitched sin all you would have to worry about would be other 105 peeps (with the buff) instead of just 105 sins. Which to me makes things fairer as most sins just sit and wait for someone to come along that they can pk easily after they look at their gears and determine if they can kill this person or not. With this buff they wouldn't be able to do that so easily.

To the QQers you can still kill little people endlessly because the buff wouldn't give them enough of an advantage to even see you.

What it does do is make it an even playing field for people your own lvl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Wow, I gotta say I'm impressed with this one. Longer than I expected.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Wow, I gotta say I'm impressed with this one. Longer than I expected.

Yep, that is quite a long post indeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    @ Op wouldnt it be better if they remove cat like tread which gives tehm 30 stealth lvs instead of devs actually implying something else they did it be4 (see veno swim mastery)

but imo i would make stealth like zhen unable to move and if you press esc you get knocked out. Even assasins real life cant move when they are hidden or ppl will see them
    b:angryb:angryb:angry make stealth like zhen
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ******n, my eyes are bleeding
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Stealthing isn't needed for PvE at all, instances were never designed to be solo'd, especially by a light armour'd dagger wielding class, in fact doing my idea would actually help "balance" out PvE in a very small way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver
    TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Even assasins real life cant move when they are hidden or ppl will see them

Unless they're spies...b:quiet
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Options
    @ Op wouldnt it be better if they remove cat like tread which gives tehm 30 stealth lvs instead of devs actually implying something else they did it be4 (see veno swim mastery)

but imo i would make stealth like zhen unable to move and if you press esc you get knocked out. Even assasins real life cant move when they are hidden or ppl will see them
    b:angryb:angryb:angry make stealth like zhen

Nerfing the stealth skills is another possiblity, but I think that would draw more QQers than a detect buff, as sins would only have to worry about those peeps with the buff on.

I think sins just live a too worry free life in PK. I know first hand b:chuckle Let's shake things up alittle.

Want to make instances more interesting, introduce stealth mobs or mobs that have higher stealth detects to catch sins b:chuckle Just imagine the squad wipes. (Yes that was a joke, but now that I've said it I like the idea)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Either stealth detection buff or a genie skill which works like detection potion, who the hell can afford to waste 70k + on pots? In addition, stealth should only work in instances not open map, it`s a MAJOR advantage, + thx to some poster giving me eye cancer or something b:angry
  • XxxRagzxxx - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Stealthing isn't needed for PvE at all, instances were never designed to be solo'd, especially by a light armour'd dagger wielding class, in fact doing my idea would actually help "balance" out PvE in a very small way.

Doesn't matter if they were designed to be soloed or not, they are still able to be. Bms are able to do it too, it all depends on your gear, but if you wanna talk about "balancing" pve, just make a sin. Seems like all the other AA classes are starting to roll them. =)
  • jimbillybob46310
    jimbillybob46310 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just a FYI........seems some are not aware of the detection pot workings.......
    105 sin CAN NOT be seen by ANYONE in stealth EVER.
    WHY? u ask.............the pots dont work for SINS.
    SO a 105 sin can detect 104 and under sins with skill but 105s cant be seen by ANYONE.
    Hope this helps some form a better more informed opinion.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Make it so stealth decreases the sins movement speed by 50% or whatever, and every class is able to see said sin within I dunno, 5 meters.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sins only argument to everything is "just roll a sin noob"
  • CessiI - Dreamweaver
    CessiI - Dreamweaver Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i would love to see stealth be nerved SOOOOO FREAKIN HARD

make it cost chi instead of giving chi
    give it a timer like 10 seconds
    make sins unable to use skills while in stealth
    give it freakin 5 minute cooldowns

i mean,,, stealth is ridiculessly OP, almost all sins skills are

regular sin skills are like 10x better then older classes demon/sage version of skills

their regular skills even beat old classes lvl 100 skills

im suprised those stupid rice eaters still dident nerv their arses,
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sins only argument to everything is "just roll a sin noob"

It's not an argument when everyone is already doing it? I myself very rarely use my sin other than for farming, I pk every so often. I TW and pk on my archer though, they share the same gear, an archer is far better in pvp imo.
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    TBH idk why devs didnt give archers a party detection buff by now. I mean srsly arnt archers supposed to have epic eyesight and able to catch sight of things before anyone else >.> W/e just my thought on it. What I would love is a crossclass system that if u have 2 classes both at 100 and like lvl 11 skills (sage/demon) on the same account you can use the system to learn a watered down version of the other class. Take sin and archer for instance. Say I have a 100 sin along with my archer, using the system I can not only get like +10 detection levels but also could get my archer a weak level stealth (says increase stealth lvl by 10 or something like that). You know it would be awesome for an archer in stealth to see another stealthed sin, double spark, use deadly shot and 1 shot the sin.....ahhh revenge best served with a side of tartar sauce ijs.
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Would you support a new Stealth Detect Buff?

I would. The devs wouldn't. b:victory
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

^ Agreed. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Vesemr - Sanctuary
    Vesemr - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    +1 Michael

If you know your class(sin..) you even don't need stealth..
    Its like with bm's stun lock..

And i like Tricannon idea that archers should have that buff.. eagle eye, hu?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Safeng, thanks for syg <3

Look how I care, that you don't like my English ,,|,,
  • Pandramada - Sanctuary
    Pandramada - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Another qq sin/stealth thread....yawn

The only time people complain/brainstorm anti-stealth ideas is cause they get one shotted by a sin out of stealth, sadly what they don't realize is, if you can't survive when you can't see them, what makes you think you will survive if you can see them?