Adroit vs. Blood Flamewars...

Arenaceous - Lost City
Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Wizard
Discuss please. b:thanks
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
Post edited by Arenaceous - Lost City on

Comments

• MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    no
    b:bye
    b:bye
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    No you.... You can't post before I opened my poll. :<
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

• Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    its pretty much the best part of the forums for me. eevrything else is LOOKIMADEA+12R9BUILDINPWCALCWITH+20VITSTONES!!!. with the occasional question about 100% channel builds
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    add more options pls :P
    i like potato
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    add more options pls :P

Watcha suggest? :o

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You should add an option about not caring :D
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    I would add "Who is this Bloodroit you keep going on about?" and "HexOmega smells" but I cannot edit the poll. :/

• prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited September 2011
    sounds like an old married couple nitpicking at every little thing to me
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    prof wrote: »
    sounds like an old married couple nitpicking at every little thing to me

I said ages ago I would get em the wedding packs if they were on the same server...

• BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I said ages ago I would get em the wedding packs if they were on the same server...

More like a restraining order. I can go for weeks and weeks not posting here and he still brings me up.

Da boy obsessed with me, ijs.

Adroip needs someone to jab at to make himself feel pro, dats all. So when I go away, he needs to bring me back.

I, on the other hand, keep prodding him to keep his word and quit "this dead game" like he said he was going to do almost a year ago now.

No, its clearly a one sided love affair.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited September 2011

That's what they all say... b:chuckle

• snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i heave learned alot from blood and adroids arguements. i have become a successfull wizard because of them
  • Fulcanelli - Raging Tide
    Fulcanelli - Raging Tide Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    More like a restraining order. I can go for weeks and weeks not posting here and he still brings me up.

Da boy obsessed with me, ijs.

Adroip needs someone to jab at to make himself feel pro, dats all. So when I go away, he needs to bring me back.

I, on the other hand, keep prodding him to keep his word and quit "this dead game" like he said he was going to do almost a year ago now.

wait a minute... wait a minute...

Adroit is a man????

Damn internet! How can I ever trust again? what's next? you all now gonna tell me that Dakillanator is a man too?

b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Adroit is a man????

Damn internet! How can I ever trust again? what's next? you all now gonna tell me that Dakillanator is a man too?

Yes, so the handshake you gave "little Fulcanelli" while he was talking dirty to you in pms was fraudulently induced.

Maybe thats why he has so many blind defenders - people think I'm beat'n up on a chick.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Fulcanelli - Raging Tide
    Fulcanelli - Raging Tide Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yes, so the handshake you gave "little Fulcanelli" while he was talking dirty to you in pms was fraudulently induced.

Maybe thats why he has so many blind defenders - people think I'm beat'n up on a chick.

I'm just gonna say that... the dirty pms were worthy b:dirty

I don't know if Adroit has defenders, maybe what's going on is that people don't like you for some reason?

I'm joking.

Personally, none of you impress me b:avoid

(OMG I'm becoming a troll b:chuckle )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prof
    edited September 2011
    blood is from a pve server, therefor his opinion automatically means less

the general skill level of mages in pwi is outdated, so seeing adroit constantly winning(cos who films themselves dying?), no matter how bad i may see his playing style, the general idea of other mages make them think adroit is some kind of god

where i come from, the only class that touched wasd during a 1v1 was a wr who was chasing or an ea who was getting out of nerf range b:shutup
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    @Blood - I'd talk about your "followers".. if you had anyone that even agreed with you. You say stupid stuff and I constantly point it out.. then when anybody joins in making fun your stupidity you call them one of my "followers".. lol. And to those that keep saying I claim to be some kind of wiz god.. I haven't/don't think I am. I think I have a pretty good understanding of the class, and was pretty successful in pvp for my gear.. but that's as far as I take it. I see you as some amateur wizard with a basic understanding of the class, and all the comments about dps/dph and how we suck as a 1v1 class etc just further support that idea. You ignore so many options while you are pvping.. no wonder you complain about the class so much. Anyway, our "flamewars" are really going in circles.. so I'm just going to stop on my end. That doesn't mean I won't respond/point out your stupid comments, it just means I'll try not to take over every thread talking about the same few things.

@prof - Your experience is probably fine against your usual opponents on your old server, but it just isn't the same in pwi. The whole static idea where everybody stands their ground in pvp just doesn't happen here.
  • asd123fq41ags
    asd123fq41ags Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    asd123fq
  • prof
    edited September 2011
    mages don't stand their ground lol not even me; if you were dark, you'd understand

> 30 meter jump, 10s cooldown
    > 5 second seal, 18s cooldown
    > 5 second stun, 20% chance
    > 3 second stun, 50% chance
    > 6 second stun, 2fury
    > 4 second paralyze, 50% chance
    > 3 second paralyze, 33% chance
    > 4 second sleep, 2min cooldown
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    mages don't stand their ground lol not even me; if you were dark, you'd understand

> 30 meter jump, 10s cooldown
    > 5 second seal, 18s cooldown
    > 5 second stun, 20% chance
    > 3 second stun, 50% chance
    > 6 second stun, 2fury
    > 4 second paralyze, 50% chance
    > 3 second paralyze, 33% chance
    > 4 second sleep, 2min cooldown

And when a bm uses anti-stun w/ lawbreaker on their genie? Those 8 options are narrowed down to 1.. and that 1 buys you like 2 seconds.
  • Menarin - Dreamweaver
    Menarin - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Adroit is a man????

I too was fooled once, but then again I still think HexOmega is a sexy woman. b:dirty
    Our time is coming, we cannot be stopped, soon the time of the wizard will be upon us and all shall know and fear us. we are a magical army of wizardry and death, cold and emotionless, we carry out our tasks without a conscience.
    ~Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide

^Wow he has no life.
    ~Menarin - Dreamweaver
  • prof
    edited September 2011
    that's assuming it even works, but then you also have genie skills you could use: badge if he stuns(assuming it works), domain, fortify, that skill that makes you immune to phys damage but seals(idr name); i'm sure there's more, but i haven't done extended research into genies yet

there's always an option to save yourself from wasting time using wasd in a 1v1, imo
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    that's assuming it even works, but then you also have genie skills you could use: badge if he stuns(assuming it works), domain, fortify, that skill that makes you immune to phys damage but seals(idr name); i'm sure there's more, but i haven't done extended research into genies yet

there's always an option to save yourself from wasting time using wasd in a 1v1, imo

fortify/badge/expel are great to get you out of a tough place.. but pressing a directional arrow costs nothing.. genie skills cost valuable genie energy. There are obviously times when you would want to use a genie skill (like fortify to make sure a kill shot gets off), but unless you are finishing off an opponent.. why waste the genie energy when you have other cheaper options?
  • prof
    edited September 2011
    you gave me a scenario when i had no other options, now you ask me why i don't use them? lol

and yes, moving around does cost you; it cost time. times is something i try not to waste in a fight against a class that can faceroll any other(though, this might not be true now without skill cancelling).

i also speak from being on the ground, not flying. i prefer to keep my enemies on the ground where my slows are useful.

if, for example, i was fighting a 20k hp wr with high refined mdef accessories, i may find myself moving around.. but i doubt i need to vs. any of these average players i've seen

edit:

i find badge to be relatively cheap. with 150 energy, by time i build up enough vigour to end my enemy, i should have plenty to use another skill
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    you gave me a scenario when i had no other options, now you ask me why i don't use them? lol

and yes, moving around does cost you; it cost time. times is something i try not to waste in a fight against a class that can faceroll any other(though, this might not be true now without skill cancelling).

i also speak from being on the ground, not flying. i prefer to keep my enemies on the ground where my slows are useful.

if, for example, i was fighting a 20k hp wr with high refined mdef accessories, i may find myself moving around.. but i doubt i need to vs. any of these average players i've seen

edit:

i find badge to be relatively cheap. with 150 energy, by time i build up enough vigour to end my enemy, i should have plenty to use another skill

I didn't give you a scenario. Anyway, yes walking around takes time.. but w/ the advent of genies, 1v1s are more of an endurance fight where you force cooldowns or a mistake. Saving genie energy is often more valuable than getting an extra charm tick in. Forcing a ground fight is definitely a valid strategy, but so is fighting in the air.. I guess it has more to do with what you are the most comfortable with. I think you just need a little time playing around with genies to really understand them. I'm not going to get in another "flamewar" over this.. I think you have a pretty good grasp over most the game topics (although a little over zealous on the demon culti imo).. but you just haven't played with genies enough to really see how they've changed the game.
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    of course adroits a guy, this is the internet.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    of course adroits a guy, this is the internet.

^ this. I actually never intended to play this game.. was playing around w/ torrents and found a big file to download (just so happened to be pwi). Anyway when I was done learning about torrents.. I had this fairly large file sitting there and I was somewhat curious about free games.. and made a joke character (this one). Got in game.. was like wow its not 2d, graphics aren't too shabby.. and WTF, is that guy flying on a sword?! I just had to try that out.. and one thing led to another and before I knew it, I was addicted. I remember thinking to myself around 4x that I could still remake my character as a guy w/ a different name (maybe a different class?).. but thought I was too far into the game to start over (lol -.-).

/story of Adroit
  • prof
    edited September 2011
    i have pvp'd with genies, just not as a mage.

there's such a massive difference between our culti choices 1v1 abilities; where you would probably need to run, i could simply use a skill to let my blink cool down. where you(and these math wizards) might believe the shorter cooldowns on dark's skills isn't a lot, i'd like you to see how fast dark snare is - it's probably equivalent to your gush with the cast gear i have. i could forever keep any melee class at range(excluding teleporters), with little effort lol

in my experience, using both cultivations in various 1v1s; even though the holy mage was better geared, i always struggled more using it. the lack of speed, stuns, and paralyzes really gimp it.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    i have pvp'd with genies, just not as a mage.

there's such a massive difference between our culti choices 1v1 abilities; where you would probably need to run, i could simply use a skill to let my blink cool down. where you(and these math wizards) might believe the shorter cooldowns on dark's skills isn't a lot, i'd like you to see how fast dark snare is - it's probably equivalent to your gush with the cast gear i have. i could forever keep any melee class at range(excluding teleporters), with little effort lol

in my experience, using both cultivations in various 1v1s; even though the holy mage was better geared, i always struggled more using it. the lack of speed, stuns, and paralyzes really gimp it.

Each culti has their advantages, you prefer demon. The playstyle is just different, I'd struggle on a demon mage just like you struggle on a sage one.. but we are just going in circles. We've already gone over the culti debate in the past, and I'm trying to turn over a new leaf (not arguing in circles for days on end).
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    ^ this. I actually never intended to play this game.. was playing around w/ torrents and found a big file to download (just so happened to be pwi). Anyway when I was done learning about torrents.. I had this fairly large file sitting there and I was somewhat curious about free games.. and made a joke character (this one). Got in game.. was like wow its not 2d, graphics aren't too shabby.. and WTF, is that guy flying on a sword?! I just had to try that out.. and one thing led to another and before I knew it, I was addicted. I remember thinking to myself around 4x that I could still remake my character as a guy w/ a different name (maybe a different class?).. but thought I was too far into the game to start over (lol -.-).

/story of Adroit

lol least epic origin ever, no offence lol.
This discussion has been closed.