Blind to their own weakness

13»

Comments

• Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Ok dear... I'm gonna give u a quick lesson on how to battle forum trolls:

A comment like the one Woneo did to u can't be answered with all that text, and specially so serious, here's an example on what to do:

Garaver: Okay.... you can commence trolling me... [insert insults here... but make sure they are funny.. been a pain in the *** week - I need a laugh]

Woneo: We don't need to make jokes about you, as you are a joke yourself.

Garaver: Your mom has balls.

That's how u win, tyvm.

Okopogo : Your mom's ball have been infected epididymitis.
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited October 2011

It gets the job done -- and that's all that matters...

What do you know - the rest of my gear has those pesky atk shareds too... ah..... tsk tsk.... I such a fail what will I do...

Well off to solo ..... so many mats to farm... so little time.
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited October 2011

What do you know - the rest of my gear has those pesky atk shareds too... ah..... tsk tsk.... I such a fail what will I do...

You must be lonely.
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    edited October 2011

Actually.... I have a cute little screen shot too... Trollolol...
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2011

I dunno how to explain to you how wrong you are, so I'mma try a slightly unorthodox example...

I play Fallout New Vegas a fair amount. This is what the damage equation for that game looks like:

((((Basic damage + (crit damage * crit amp)) * enemy damage resistance) - enemy armor value) * headshot amp * sneak attack amp * various other miscellaneous amps

Might've gotten a little too happy with the ()'s....Ah **** it.

What you're doing by putting Diamond of Tigers in your daggers is you're adding another misc amplifier onto the end; one with a value of 1.02, or 2%. The problem with that is, the alternative to getting that 1.02% amp is to add damage to the basic damage directly OR crit damage OR the crit amp; anything in FRONT of the two defense amps.

Now why is this more valuable? Because your Basic damage is the number that actually gets amped. The higher it is, the more valuable every amplifier is. Just as an example, let's plug in some numbers.

Here's what you're doing:

((((100 + (100)) * .5) - 30) * 2 * 2 * 1.02 = 285.6

Here's what you COULD be doing:

(((100 + (100 * 1.5)) * .5) - 30) * 2 * 2 = 380

See the difference? Amps are great, but x2 extra damage when you deal 0 damage is still friggin' 0. Therefore, it's far more valuable to increase the basic damage directly, THEN amp it.
    In reality, I think garnets in daggers are really just another amplifier in the amp chain of PWI's damage equation (could be wrong), but even if that is the case, they're definitely far stronger than a measely 1.02 amp.

Just a rough example, but I hope it gives you an idea.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Garaver - Harshlands
    Garaver - Harshlands Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I dunno how to explain to you how wrong you are, so I'mma try a slightly unorthodox example...

I play Fallout New Vegas a fair amount. This is what the damage equation for that game looks like:

((((Basic damage + (crit damage * crit amp)) * enemy damage resistance) - enemy armor value) * headshot amp * sneak attack amp * various other miscellaneous amps

Might've gotten a little too happy with the ()'s....Ah **** it.

What you're doing by putting Diamond of Tigers in your daggers is you're adding another misc amplifier onto the end; one with a value of 1.02, or 2%. The problem with that is, the alternative to getting that 1.02% amp is to add damage to the basic damage directly OR crit damage OR the crit amp; anything in FRONT of the two defense amps.

Now why is this more valuable? Because your Basic damage is the number that actually gets amped. The higher it is, the more valuable every amplifier is. Just as an example, let's plug in some numbers.

Here's what you're doing:

((((100 + (100)) * .5) - 30) * 2 * 2 * 1.02 = 285.6

Here's what you COULD be doing:

(((100 + (100 * 1.5)) * .5) - 30) * 2 * 2 = 380

See the difference? Amps are great, but x2 extra damage when you deal 0 damage is still friggin' 0. Therefore, it's far more valuable to increase the basic damage directly, THEN amp it.
    In reality, I think garnets in daggers are really just another amplifier in the amp chain of PWI's damage equation (could be wrong), but even if that is the case, they're definitely far stronger than a measely 1.02 amp.

Just a rough example, but I hope it gives you an idea.

What's wrong with u ppl and your damage formulas >_<??!!!

I just swing my axe until foe is dead, period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Semi-quit the game, I'm very busy nowadays
    -Former member of Kylin
    -Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    What's wrong with u ppl and your damage formulas >_<??!!!

I just swing my axe until foe is dead, period.

I'm not clear on the PWI damage formula, hence why I didn't use it. Tried fiddling with it before because I couldn't figure out why both weapon shards and rings seemed to be damage amps, but while both provided a decent magic attack increase, a ring with the same value magic attack increase as a weapon shard made a far greater difference.

That equation there I know because I got sick of New Vegas saying "SNEAK ATTACK CRITICUL!!111" and never knowing if it meant I'd gotten a x4 amp or if a sneak attack was an automatic crit.

Nevertheless, the fact of the matter is that it would seem garnet shards amp your damage far more, which isn't hard to do, considering a DoT is only a 1% amp. At the same time, the garnet shard amp seems to amp your base damage directly; something the DoT might not do, and it would be BAD if it didn't.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Garaver - Harshlands
    Garaver - Harshlands Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I'm not clear on the PWI damage formula, hence why I didn't use it. Tried fiddling with it before because I couldn't figure out why both weapon shards and rings seemed to be damage amps, but while both provided a decent magic attack increase, a ring with the same value magic attack increase as a weapon shard made a far greater difference.

That equation there I know because I got sick of New Vegas saying "SNEAK ATTACK CRITICUL!!111" and never knowing if it meant I'd gotten a x4 amp or if a sneak attack was an automatic crit.

Nevertheless, the fact of the matter is that it would seem garnet shards amp your damage far more, which isn't hard to do, considering a DoT is only a 1% amp. At the same time, the garnet shard amp seems to amp your base damage directly; something the DoT might not do, and it would be BAD if it didn't.

.................................. swing axes until foe is dead....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Semi-quit the game, I'm very busy nowadays
    -Former member of Kylin
    -Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    .................................. swing axes until foe is dead....

I only have a ball that floats just above my right hand.
    Also, some random thingy on my head that I still haven't quite figured out what it is yet.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    edited October 2011

I had in two Incomparables before and I see alot more damage when I run FC. The Slash boss never even gets to his first slash sentence and the Dreadindra boss never even summons one Frost Bishop.

Explain how my attack lvl is 81 with these but yet if I use garnets it's some how better? I am trying to understand this. Does this same equation work for PVP?
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited October 2011

erm... -206 points?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    erm... -206 points?

But isn't attack shards better for PVP and attack shards better for PVE? I can simply swap out my Atk Shards in my Nirvana wep with Incomparable Garnets and boost it from +10 to +12 and still be good to go - pve and pvp wise right?
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Could have asked me. Rings, shards and any gears that give you +XX attack, like TT99 HA necklace, adds to your weapon damage. Your weapon damage then is amp'ed by your stat points and mastery.
    But isn't attack shards better for PVP and attack shards better for PVE? I can simply swap out my Atk Shards in my Nirvana wep with Incomparable Garnets and boost it from +10 to +12 and still be good to go - pve and pvp wise right?

No...
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    edited October 2011

I mean, check your PWcalc. you have -206 points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    Could have asked me. Rings, shards and any gears that give you +XX attack, like TT99 HA necklace, adds to your weapon damage. Your weapon damage then is amp'ed by your stat points and mastery.

No...

Okay that I understand ....
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Also, attack level and defense level actually have diminishing returns - 80 attack level vs. 0 defense level is not actually 80% more damage. Remove all of your gear, then fist someone and check your damage with and without your Jone's Blessing. It's been over a year since I tested this, but I think the difference is actually around 23% or so. So your weapon shards may not actually be doing anything at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If Attack Level > Defense Level:
    damage = damage dealt * (1 + (A - D)/100)
    else
    damage = damage dealt / (1 + 1.2 * (D - A)/100)
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    2 much math, keep it on the archer forums
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Halt - Harshlands
    Halt - Harshlands Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    ok.

(Anyone who gets that, you win). We need to get this trending here.
    Unban me.
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    ok.

This had better not be the next 'cool story, bro.'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • Halt - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    Trying to look for the topic...
    Unban me.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    ok.

This thread is now about rammus

Ok?

EDIT: My prize should be to play with you b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Halt - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    Ok.
    Unban me.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    New topic!

omg. LoL's back up!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    Let's talk about refined subjects such as classical music and philosophical debate.

Y'know, like we always do when we're not playing PWI.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Let's talk about refined subjects such as classical music and philosophical debate.

Y'know, like we always do when we're not playing PWI.

I like to fap when I'm not playing.
  • Alchemy - Harshlands
    Alchemy - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Ok...
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    ok
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lutirica - Harshlands