[Server Maintenance Tonight!] 9-12-2011 [COMPLETE]

Comments

• Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    the original arena! yea the one in all large citys, with the blue thunderlightning around it!
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Patch Notes Version 563
    Released September 13, 2011

Patch Servers
    We have upgraded our patch servers in order to address a connectivity issue for some players.

Frostcovered City
    We were able to implement a fix to an exploit with our last patch. We will continue to monitor the situation and attempt to address any further issues concerning this dungeon.

b:laugh

Really there is a goon fix? Hopefully yes.b:pleasedb:pleased

As for the pvp pk instance i say the duel arena. Why? because it makes sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I was thinking...

Well you think you'd just open up the arena like it was intended to be used. Stop trying to inconvenience those who don't want to PvP unless we choose to do so. If you really don't care, then just make every server a PvP one and at least everyone will know what they are getting into.

b:bye
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2011
    If you could make any instance in the game open PVP (like Secret Passage is right now), which would you choose and why?

Don't make ANY instance where people have QUESTS an open PvP Arena like they did in Secret Passage. I don't get why this is such a hard idea Frankie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • populationcontrol
    populationcontrol Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ..seriously, you're asking THIS question, in THIS thread?

Aren't you 'monitoring' the situation? Aren't you compiling a list of all complaints so you can forward it to the devs in china? In which case you would've seen all the suggestions that DIRECTLY ANSWER your present question? Are you a psychopath?
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Don't make ANY instance where people have QUESTS an open PvP Arena like they did in Secret Passage. I don't get why this is such a hard idea Frankie.
    <_< It wasn't Frankie's idea to change SP. The devs did it themselves, he was totally unaware. XD

I believe he's TRYING to get them to notice and change it, since he also can't fix it himself. =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Abra_Cadaver - Lost City
    Abra_Cadaver - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    FB109 is totally unused and unlikely to be needed for some years, try that instead of SP. just add an entry to the illusion stone and an exit somewhere handy
  • Flubble_Fox - Dreamweaver
    Flubble_Fox - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If you could make any instance in the game open PVP (like Secret Passage is right now), which would you choose and why?

none of them and change Secret Passage back to a PVE environment...

the devs could just easily copy secret passage if they like that area so much and keep it separated from anything to do with PVE and quests and have a guy in each town like the arena manager to teleport you there.

would sort the whole problem out.
    edited September 2011
    <_< It wasn't Frankie's idea to change SP. The devs did it themselves, he was totally unaware. XD

I believe he's TRYING to get them to notice and change it, since he also can't fix it himself. =(

The point is that offering up another instance that also involves quests is not a valid alternative. After all the flack so far, I'm astonished that he would even mention it and not expect to get flamed. Seriously, it's not an option, not if you want to keep calling them PvE servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XRykerx - Lost City
    XRykerx - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Let's make a place called The Arena: GREAT IDEA!!!! we can have npc's, and set up the map and make it pk enabled and no drops and tele back to the entrance and people can pvp war all day long without interrupting noobs or chain quests!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Why didn;t they listen to this guy?????

Instead the so called " Mirroring " pwchina, which is bullchit...
    PWChina uses the god !$#@ ARENA
    PWMY (Malaysia) uses the god !$#@ ARENA

PWI.... Errr too lazy. hey wait didn't we just recently bone the secret passage fixes?
    well **** it, let's bone it even harder and say it was on purpose to start with :D

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• lissajane
    lissajane Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Dont care where the hell you put your stupid PVP area as long as its definitely NOT ON PVE SERVERS !!! for chrissakes.....
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    No, there should be a PvP area. There's obviously a demand for it. However, I do have my doubts about some people using it since there probably won't be lowbies wanting/needing to do quests there. The only reason some people are in SP right now is to get in the way of people that are trying to do quests in there.

I know a few people that were playing by the rules before they were changed and harassing lowbies was considered acceptable behavior. Those people deserve a place to play.

I don't really care where they move the PK zone to as long as it doesn't interfere in any way with PvE activities. Opening up one of the arenas could be a great idea. :)
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    non of them PvP sucks and is a useless waste of time and effort

use the damn arena and forget **** with the instances, youre driving people away from the game

THIS^^

I also think it would be fun, for the place where "the race" takes place to be Pk. The prize you get from there isn't much, and since the monthly qualifier doesn't mean anything.. it would be a good spot. Plus there are additions other than mobs in there that slow you down, speed you up.. etc. Which would be fun tid bits to add to Pk.
  • Schznider - Dreamweaver
    Schznider - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    NONE omg!!! stop turning instances to PvP zones!!! what is going ON with u guys!? why is it u cant just stick to Arenas if u wanna PvP.. ALL instances have respective quests even if its only ONE QUEST.. they are PvE zones! stop forcing people to PvP!! wow... omfg im almost thru with this game..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."
    "Always forgive your enemies; Nothing annoys them so much."
    -Oscar Wilde.
  • Coral_blades - Dreamweaver
    Coral_blades - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    id say make a whole new instace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if u want ppl 2 pk, make a new instance so they hav the choice 2 do it or not, dont force ppl 2 pk in instances where there are quests 4 them 2 lvl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not every1 can efford 2 b a cashplayer you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    signature picture thanks to Schznider<33 ty hun<333 b:cute
  • Myelene - Lost City
    Myelene - Lost City Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What about some of us that are already on pve servers at lvl 100? That joined that server to be with friends. We can't just switch to a pvp server and keep our stuff. So rethink the pvp server answer :P If you were the one on the pve server and wanted to pk more would you just switch to a pvp server and lose all you're hard work?

i did i moved from Sanctuary to Lost City so go and move to a PVP server if you wanna pk or turn on and wait for a white name dont pick on blue names in SP b:victory
  • IAetius - Dreamweaver
    IAetius - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    PWI "R9 will be out soon!"

4 weeks later....

Player "Can you define soon for us please pwi?" b:surrender
    TY for my shiney new R9 PWE b:chuckle

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    lolo @ frankie saying we would know the date with 3rd year Anniversary and surprise we havent heard anything well good thing daiblo3 comes out on 3rd of november i guess
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • shoutboxer
    shoutboxer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Simply activate the arena. Convert existing instances in PVP zones is weak sense. Especially when one knows that there is an arena.
    Why PWI is determined to transform an instance into a PVP zone?
    Where's the sense?
    TraumLand ist eine Gemeinschaft von netten und hilfsbereiten Spielern. Schau dir doch einfach mal unsere Website an.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Starsteel - Heavens Tear
    Starsteel - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2011

I would make the whole server pk, and take off the punishment for droppping stuff. Simply because I've spent way too much money and time on this server to drop everything and start over on a pk server, but I know this wont happen so:

HEAVEN AND HELL! b:dirty
    ★★★ DEMON VIT BARBARIAN +46K
    b:dirty
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I also think it would be fun, for the place where "the race" takes place to be Pk.

yeah, great, take ANOTHER thing i like to do in game just for the fun of it and let jacka$$es PK me in there for no damn good reason. sure, go right ahead why don't you?

no, the prizes you get there aren't much. but running around the silly little instance and dodging glowy blue clouds is fun. and i suppose if i ever decided i might want a level-90 rank-6 weapon, that'd be one of the very few badges i could actually farm for myself instead of paying... mostly PKers, actually... to farm for me. so, sure, let them have that one too, i'm too fed up to bother defending PvE in this game anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Let the bleed begin...

I heard some great suggestions of competing games to consider. Maybe Frankie should have made that the topic... Which other game will you start playing since PWE wants to **** with this game?
    edited September 2011
    ... well good thing daiblo3 comes out on 3rd of november i guess

Give them a week or two to push that out again. How many years have they been working on it now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Give them a week or two to push that out again. How many years have they been working on it now?

they wont i already got it ordered its the officail release date and yea they have been working like 10 years on it but atleast you get a balanced game
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Kowezi - Heavens Tear
    Kowezi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011

The current line of thinking is completely wrong. The reason PKers like SP is that they are able to catch players unawares. A separate arena/instance would not please them because that would only allow them to PK other PKers. The ability to PK blue names is why they are SO HAPPY with the current change. They will NOT be happy with a separate area. They can PK each other anywhere (outside of towns) if they are in PK mode.
  • Kagusa - Sanctuary
    Kagusa - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This stupid thing doesn't update and I can't find a manual update.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    For everyone saying Cave of Sadistic Glee, I have to say I would *only* agree if they removed the two boss quests and all blue/purple divine quests from there. I am someone who likes to complete all quests and this would just be moving it from one place that was taking away our quests to another that would take away our quests.

But there is no reason why they cannot use the Arenas. Leave the PVErs to play and quest in peace.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • comptech
    comptech Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

First choice would be arena, of course. Failing that, Cave of Sadistic Glee would be a second choice. Not ideal since there are quests there, but still better than a newbie questing area.
  • theshadowwolf
    theshadowwolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I would say remove PvP or make it a lil more real say if you get killed that toon is deleted from the server......sounds like a lot more fun
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The current line of thinking is completely wrong. The reason PKers like SP is that they are able to catch players unawares. A separate arena/instance would not please them because that would only allow them to PK other PKers. The ability to PK blue names is why they are SO HAPPY with the current change. They will NOT be happy with a separate area. They can PK each other anywhere (outside of towns) if they are in PK mode.

That is the moment when you tell the PKers to MOVE to a PVP server as THAT is the purpose. Im getting sick of the excuse of we want a free pvp place and yet you point out the truth... the desire is to bully other players NOT actually participate in true PVP. People who are just plain CHICKENSHYT to roll on a PVP server and want to harass others.