Regen is gonna take over

endlesspsy
endlesspsy Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Tideswell (East)
Regen has many good people in 1 faction. And Regen will keep growing because theres kindrid,Spades,IT,Gladio,Bootycamp,Dynasty,:3,Tempest and all the other factions recruiting and spreading out the good people. So Regen will never get a 1 vs 1 competition because theres too many other factions recruiting and scattering all the good people. IT a couple months ago had a chance but EQ and Bootycamp aka regen slaves kept ganking IT. So IT could never get a 1vs 1 against Regen. When EQ couldve fought dynasty for a good 1vs 1. It wouldve been Spades vs :3, Dynasty vs EQ, IT vs Regen. And the other smaller factions couldve fight eachother. Only if EQ fought dynasty and let Regen fought IT 1 vs 1s. Goodjob EQ u ruin the whole map. Now currently there is no faction to have a good fight with Regen 1 vs 1. I blame Madison because she let Regen use EQ. Now Regen is capable of defending against a 3way gank and possibly take over the whole map.

Oh and i think EQ leaders like Buttface Rutye personally hates IT. So it was easy to mind control EQ for TW ganks.
Post edited by endlesspsy on

Comments

• Yorkin - Dreamweaver
    Yorkin - Dreamweaver Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Bla, bla, bla... last time it was Equinox and god knows who and it hasn't been a year since Calamity took over the server xD. I am really, really surprised as how much people can bark at one other over a bunch of pixels. Not to spoil or spit on competition, but what you do here is WAAAAAAAAAAY below sports/Olympic codex b:surrender.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A small tribute to elven mathematician from a human physicist. b:pleased

Yorkin - The Retired Wizard
  • endlesspsy
    edited September 2011
    and all the good people are applying at Regen now, so Regen is attracting all the strong rank 9 and such because its too late to build a good strong faction to compete against Regen with all these other factions recruiting and spreading all the strong people.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Lol, IT was slaughtered by Regen every single time they fought 1v1

On other notes: lol
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • endlesspsy
    edited September 2011
    atleast they could last 30minutes+ in 1 vs 1, and they had a chance when turtling. so they had potential. But its not fair for EQ to gank IT for like 3months+ and let Regen build their faction for 3months+ without getting gank or attacked.
  • Pstszulka - Dreamweaver
    Pstszulka - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You should blame people who prefere easy win to fun TW in first place :P
  • WillowGirl - Dreamweaver
    WillowGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    trolololol

That is all.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Back when I still played Dreamweaver I could beat most Calamity/Regen members in pk... man, those were the days huh? b:sad
  • Yorkin - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    I find it very interesting that same no Regen/Cala factions are repeating the mistake that you point out, endlesspsy. When Cala was taking over, it was the same thing... good people spread over many factions. Well... that brings one conclusion. Its not Regen's fault that history is repeating. If same are making/will make the same mistake, perhaps they should reconsider their politics and tactics and drop out. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    trying not to sound arrogant. if it do im sorry..

but is it really a surprise Regen seems like taking over?
    -I mean its kinda the same build as cala, all the old ppl know what to do and new learns. We been having a good balance of cashers and helpfull ppl always. only having 1 of the two wont take a full map.

you'r all doing the exact same mistake as when we was named Calamity and was doing the exact same thing. you all shoulda knew how it started first time, and prevent it next time.. it's called learn from your mistakes.

and for IT, it's no surprise they went down. even tho i think i gave it 3 months.. was slightly longer.. You cannot build a faction of hardcore tw elitists, basically no rules. and let whole officer core be the most hated group on server. that just doesnt work.. you need kind helpfull ppl as officers, not bullies..
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Menarin - Dreamweaver
    Menarin - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I find it very interesting that same no Regen/Cala factions are repeating the mistake that you point out, endlesspsy. When Cala was taking over, it was the same thing... good people spread over many factions. Well... that brings one conclusion. Its not Regen's fault that history is repeating. If same are making/will make the same mistake, perhaps they should reconsider their politics and tactics and drop out. b:surrender

-Not every faction cares about TW battles. Some just want a steady form of income that holding land can give.

-Also I agree a lot of good players are spread out amongst other factions, and unsurprisingly a lot of them hold sympathies to BaldwinBoy, that dissuade them from attacking Regen.

-Additionally you two seem to forget that the majority of so called "good-players" hate each other thus preventing them from striking at a larger adversary because of their insipid and petulant rivalries. (I.e. IT vs EQ)

-I mean its kinda the same build as cala, all the old ppl know what to do and new learns. We been having a good balance of cashers and helpfull ppl always. only having 1 of the two wont take a full map.

you'r all doing the exact same mistake as when we was named Calamity and was doing the exact same thing. you all shoulda knew how it started first time, and prevent it next time.. it's called learn from your mistakes.

and for IT, it's no surprise they went down. even tho i think i gave it 3 months.. was slightly longer.. You cannot build a faction of hardcore tw elitists, basically no rules. and let whole officer core be the most hated group on server. that just doesnt work.. you need kind helpfull ppl as officers, not bullies..

-A lot of IT was drama and spite, but there are and were a few good people in there. I'm unsurprised about the way it turned out for them since most of us Ex-IT members saw it coming from a long way away.

-And to be honest, most people just go where they have friends. I make it a point to say the majority of the game is spent outside of TW. Why would you expect everyone to join into one faction away from their friends just to give Regen a good TW?

-I'm going to be straight forward and say it, if Regen cares so much about "fun-Tw" like they claim, wouldn't it be best to fight using alts or let other factions hold land in order to build up coin to get better gear and then fight Regen? Or I guess Regen can just end the map or reset it or break apart and fight itself, since their isn't really any other realistic options available to them. That's what happens when you become the best faction and recruit the best players after all. ijs b:chuckle
    Our time is coming, we cannot be stopped, soon the time of the wizard will be upon us and all shall know and fear us. we are a magical army of wizardry and death, cold and emotionless, we carry out our tasks without a conscience.
    ~Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide

^Wow he has no life.
    ~Menarin - Dreamweaver
  • haphazardness
    haphazardness Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    -Not every faction cares about TW battles. Some just want a steady form of income that holding land can give.

-Also I agree a lot of good players are spread out amongst other factions, and unsurprisingly a lot of them hold sympathies to BaldwinBoy, that dissuade them from attacking Regen.

-Additionally you two seem to forget that the majority of so called "good-players" hate each other thus preventing them from striking at a larger adversary because of their insipid and petulant rivalries. (I.e. IT vs EQ)

-A lot of IT was drama and spite, but there are and were a few good people in there. I'm unsurprised about the way it turned out for them since most of us Ex-IT members saw it coming from a long way away.

-And to be honest, most people just go where they have friends. I make it a point to say the majority of the game is spent outside of TW. Why would you expect everyone to join into one faction away from their friends just to give Regen a good TW?

-I'm going to be straight forward and say it, if Regen cares so much about "fun-Tw" like they claim, wouldn't it be best to fight using alts or let other factions hold land in order to build up coin to get better gear and then fight Regen? Or I guess Regen can just end the map or reset it or break apart and fight itself, since their isn't really any other realistic options available to them. That's what happens when you become the best faction and recruit the best players after all. ijs b:chuckle

A few points I'd like to Address:

1.) Most of the TW is planned outside of the TW if the faction is really trying to win and still have fun. Remember it's an instance, and Regenesis is the hardest instance in the game.

2.) Dreamweaver wants to TW, they will eventually start Ganking TWs to bring out the length of time used inside the instance of Regenesis and other factions.

3.) Regenesis isn't only successful because of the gear their players have, they're successful because they've kept the majority of their core members, they help their members achieve certain goals, and inside that TW field they are well organized, because let's face it they're prepared, they work out techniques and strategies before the TW is even happening.

4.) Factions shouldn't hold the map primarily to build up gear and coins, it isn't really that much for a few pieces of land. If a faction is only relying on that TW map for income then they're playing pwi wrong and their members won't ever get gears. They should be running instances ( which you don't need to own any piece of map to run).

5.) It's going to be rare that you'll see all of the Elites joining into one big faction because some players are psychopaths and traitors and they don't trust that the faction will hold under certain leaders. People have seen it happen in numerous faction and I'm certain
    many will not even try it again.
  • Yorkin - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011

True what you say, however, only partially. Because, like it or not, you HAVE to TW in order to acquire and protect that steady from of income. Thou, in case of your proposition, it is a sort of defensive TW all the time. Something that Spades has been doing for a while. They are holding all upper territories since the reset of TW map.

In any case... why are we debating so much about whether is Regenesis going to take over or not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    True what you say, however, only partially. Because, like it or not, you HAVE to TW in order to acquire and protect that steady from of income. Thou, in case of your proposition, it is a sort of defensive TW all the time. Something that Spades has been doing for a while. They are holding all upper territories since the reset of TW map.

In any case... why are we debating so much about whether is Regenesis going to take over or not?

Boredom of course
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Zaeh - Dreamweaver
    Zaeh - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ...oh. When I first read the title, I thought it said "Booty is gonna take over."

Please excuse me while I go sleep some more.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Graviora - 101;cleric].__.[Zaeh - 8X;psychic].__.[Diabelle - 100;sin]
  • Yorkin - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    ...oh. When I first read the title, I thought it said "Booty is gonna take over."

Please excuse me while I go sleep some more.b:surrender

NOOOOOOOO! Don't go. You are missing the best verbal TW ever. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited September 2011

What he said ^

Why is Regen strong? Is it because TW is our main focus? Because we all share a common goal of dominating the server? Not even close, people.

Regen is strong because when you have a group of people working together like a family that loves one another, it gets stronger. We have a wonderful leader who, in some really odd way, is like a father to us. He loves us and cares for us, but also guides us with a firm hand. We have officers that work hard, that take a lot from their own play time to ensure the rest of us are finding success, having fun, and doing what needs to be done. And we have great members who aren't only in it for themselves, who have true loyalty to the faction as a whole, and who work damn hard together to help each other grow and succeed at their goals. And when others see how great we work together, how good and helpful we are, and how friendly, well... why wouldn't they want to join?

All this comparing Regen to Cala is just silly at this point. We very likely do not even have 50% old Cala members remaining by now. Sure, we have our roots in Calamity, but we're a totally different tree above ground. The main similarity I see between Regen and Cala is how I feel when I'm actually able to log on these days - the members make me feel at home, cared for, loved. We treat one another with respect and kindness and, for me in my mad life, Regen is the happiest place on earth where I know I'll always get a warm welcome, a smile, and very likely some boobie hugs, and who doesn't love those???

It is my opinion that IT was a faction built on a foundation of hate, a need for some sort of revenge, or a desire to "put us in our place," which they were clearly unable to do. Whenever you build something based on hate, it will crumble in upon itself eventually. They lasted longer than I thought they would, but the end result tells all.

Don't want Regen to "take over"? Fight back! We love it, trust me :) Work together as a family, build one another up, help one another, and be a happy faction to be a part of, and the members will come, just like they have for Regen. Am I saying we have not one member here for TW (and TW pay) only? Nah, that would be unrealistic. But I believe in my heart that the majority of us are here for the fun, the family, the companionship, and the good times and laughter we have together - for me, TW is a bonus to PWI, not a requirement or necessity. It's the rest of the week that really counts and Regen is tons of fun all week long.
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I don't understand why anyone would join regen. I guess benchwarming or 6 minute crystal bashes are fun? IT had a few of those and I didn't think they were. To each their own...
  • Yorkin - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    We are taking this subject too serious, Reg is taking too serious. Come on, people, lighten up.b:pleased just a game b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• IAetius - Dreamweaver
    IAetius - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I agree with WillowGirl 100%. I could not have said it better myself.

I love the TW aspect of PWI. I find it challenging and it is why I work so hard farming my gear and trying to make money. Honestly I do not care about the pay so much, sure it pays for a charm but 9 times out of 10 that charm is gonna be used for TW. The only reason TW pay benefits me is it helps me from paying for a charm each TW. b:chuckle

Now a days though, now that TW is slowing down, I honestly do not mind. I love logging on to faction chat and vent just to talk with friends. On top of that I love doing things with my faction whether it be TTs, Nirvy instances, BH's, or helping their alts with FBs. :) I love the feeling that I get every time I log in and how nice and helpful everyone is. I love how I've been in faction for a long time and I can name people who have helped me work for my gear (key word being 'work' and not 'given') and I am glad that I have also helped out others in return.

On a final note I honestly love Regen officers. They are 'very' nice people and are always so active and creative. They always plan and organize things whether it be in game or on our forums and I cannot thank them enough for that. They really make pwi stay interesting for me. I have been playing the game for almost 3 years and I believe that the only reason I play today is because of the friends and family I have in Regen.

So once again thank you, I love you all very much. b:thanks
    TY for my shiney new R9 PWE b:chuckle

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    While what you all say is undoubtedly true about the power being divided, is just helping regenesis.... as others have pointed out regen has other things going for them. (like, a likeable leader, already well established, a system that works for THEM, numbers, and the trust amongst their faction members.)

It is going to take someone with the willpower, know how to run a faction to make sure drama doesn't happen, keep people from feeling... alienated, and the 'respect' that baldwinboy gets... most of the time to pull people together for this common goal. Even then it wont be an easy task, everyone has their own reasons for joining each faction, and sadly too many people leave factions when they start to lose/have lost all lands. As some of you probably realize, building a faction with the sole purpose of taking 'regen' down is just not going to happen any time soon, as stated before each have their own reason for joining each faction, it is going to take a faction with that as a 'back burner' goal so to speak, in my own opinion I think faction should work and build on trust, and make sure people stay there for pve help first and foremost, and hopefully in the end they will get the numbers, the know how, and the trust to take on regen week after week.

That wont be an easy thing to accomplish. (things can't/do not change overnight, it takes time to build up trust with 200 members to get them to come, and play as well as regen does.) Obviously not exactly as they do, but roughly as they do, in a way teamwork and numbers tends to show who the ultimate victor will be in a setting like TW. Even then it wont be a sure fire way to beat what regen has been doing.

It's easy to say what needs to be done, but none of the people 'preaching' about what 'needs' to be done, seem to have the willingness to do anything about it, myself included, I for one have had my fill of leading others, for now at least.

The way regen does things obviously work; however, it certainly is not the only way to "run" things, different ways work for different people. I am not saying it's wrong the way they handle it, but it is not the only way.

Gank's don't prove how strong one faction is, and even if a faction does happen to take a land from regen during a gank, in all likely-hood that will put a target on their back, and regen might very well see them as a possible faction to have "fun" with; not, many factions have survived the onslaught of losing all their lands... at least not lately.

Not to mention regen is so well established, and their leader as others have said are fairly well liked, so people do hesitate attacking those that they truly respect.

As for what was said about IT falling apart, well... meh every faction has their problems, IT had problems that rooted, and dated back well into the days that Equinox was one of the most... avoided factions on the server. Also IT's bond seemed to be fairly weak to have fallen apart like it did.

While people should learn from their mistakes, in a setting like this people ultimately just want to have fun, it can be quite stressful trying to build a faction from the ground up, and keeping people happy enough to keep coming to tw week after week, and in faction once it starts to lose a bit. As I stated earlier, it doesn't seem like anyone who has the potential to build up a 'respectable... likeable' faction has the willpower to do so.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • GoodStart - Dreamweaver
    GoodStart - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Don't want Regen to "take over"? Fight back! We love it, trust me :) Work together as a family, build one another up, help one another, and be a happy faction to be a part of, and the members will come, just like they have for Regen. Am I saying we have not one member here for TW (and TW pay) only? Nah, that would be unrealistic. But I believe in my heart that the majority of us are here for the fun, the family, the companionship, and the good times and laughter we have together - for me, TW is a bonus to PWI, not a requirement or necessity. It's the rest of the week that really counts and Regen is tons of fun all week long.

"Look at this! One contradiction eating another!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k4iZqbDsMs

I've been technically away from PWI for a couple of months now. I still log once in awhile, maybe do a BH or help someone with a little something, do my guild base quests, nothing major. I still log for most TWs because that's really the only thing left in this game that holds my interest and presents a challenge. But the last couple of weeks, all I've logged for is TW. The thought of logging through the week really just pains me because it's the same old **** day in and day out, and a person (well, me anyway) can only stand so much TT or Nirvana before I can think of a million other things I'd rather be doing. Mindlessly farming day after day starts to make the game I play for fun feel like a job, gotta farm this, gotta farm that, gotta make this much money to buy this or that... And that = no fun anymore.

b:chuckle

But seriously Willow, this "fighting back, working together, and building up, etc etc" concept is bull. You know it, and I know it. It is the big fish in a small lake conundrum. How does one build a guild strong enough to be a TW competitor if the top members of said guild keep leaving to join... the current top TW guilds? And if I recall correctly, that is actually your story. Were you not a core member of an up and coming TW force at one time, only to be assimilated by Calamity?

I don't mind people handing out friendly advice, but I am not really interested in receiving it from someone that didn't have the backbone to follow it themselves.
  • IAetius - Dreamweaver
    IAetius - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    "Look at this! One contradiction eating another!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k4iZqbDsMs

b:chuckle

But seriously Willow, this "fighting back, working together, and building up, etc etc" concept is bull. You know it, and I know it. It is the big fish in a small lake conundrum. How does one build a guild strong enough to be a TW competitor if the top members of said guild keep leaving to join... the current top TW guilds? And if I recall correctly, that is actually your story. Were you not a core member of an up and coming TW force at one time, only to be assimilated by Calamity?

I don't mind people handing out friendly advice, but I am not really interested in receiving it from someone that didn't have the backbone to follow it themselves.

Willow was apart of an up and coming TW force that had Armagedon attack them out of no where. Willow was a great officer and even after they fought and tried to protect their land and retake it she stayed and tried to re-build for a long time before she joined Calamity.

I remember I did not join Calamity until Armagedon fell apart, I then went to Dynasty for awhile before going to Calamity. Then once I did like a week or so later Willow had joined.

In my opinion Willow did do her best and I know for a fact she still hates Arma but she did fight back and stayed even a long time after. (I'm surprised willow doesn't hate me though since I was an officer of Arma b:surrender) I'm sure she does understand how hard it is and it is more of just wishing another faction can do that. =)
    TY for my shiney new R9 PWE b:chuckle

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-
    edited September 2011
    I don't understand why anyone would join regen. I guess benchwarming or 6 minute crystal bashes are fun? IT had a few of those and I didn't think they were. To each their own...

What a sad little man you are. Of course you can't understand why anyone would want to join Regen - clearly you've never experienced true teamwork, a friendly, family environment, lots of fun and laughter, great faction events designed with the community in mind, and amazing leadership that truly cares for it's members.
    I agree with WillowGirl 100%. I could not have said it better myself.

I love the TW aspect of PWI. I find it challenging and it is why I work so hard farming my gear and trying to make money. Honestly I do not care about the pay so much, sure it pays for a charm but 9 times out of 10 that charm is gonna be used for TW. The only reason TW pay benefits me is it helps me from paying for a charm each TW. b:chuckle

Now a days though, now that TW is slowing down, I honestly do not mind. I love logging on to faction chat and vent just to talk with friends. On top of that I love doing things with my faction whether it be TTs, Nirvy instances, BH's, or helping their alts with FBs. :) I love the feeling that I get every time I log in and how nice and helpful everyone is. I love how I've been in faction for a long time and I can name people who have helped me work for my gear (key word being 'work' and not 'given') and I am glad that I have also helped out others in return.

On a final note I honestly love Regen officers. They are 'very' nice people and are always so active and creative. They always plan and organize things whether it be in game or on our forums and I cannot thank them enough for that. They really make pwi stay interesting for me. I have been playing the game for almost 3 years and I believe that the only reason I play today is because of the friends and family I have in Regen.

So once again thank you, I love you all very much. b:thanks

Love you, Eggo <3

Do I have a stalker? I think I do... Okay, so you troubled yourself enough to find a post I made weeks ago in a different thread, so you get a big gold star.

I was never a core member of any faction that was "assimilated" by Calamity. Really have no clue at all what you're talking about. On this server, I've been in Imajica (founded by myself and my RL husband), which was merged into Bushido. I left Bushido and then left PWI for several months and joined Calamity alone when I returned, and then moved to Regen. Far as I know, neither Imajica nor Bushido was "assimilated" by Calamity, so... b:shutup

And yeah... the second post you quoted me on was from when? Several weeks ago, I'd guess, and the 2 don't necessarily contradict each other. PWI itself is a boring game. TW can be exciting. I like to TW. I've made an effort to be available for my faction for TW when I was able. Yes, TW is the only aspect of the GAME that still holds my interest, but the people, the friends and family I've found in Regen, they are what count more than anything. Where, exactly, is my lack of backbone?

I'd say you're the one lacking a backbone, posting from a level 3 alt b:chuckle Your manner of speech reminds me of someone, as does your overall attitude, so forgive me if I don't really take you seriously b:surrender

And Eggo, darling, I never knew you were an officer of Arma, but that was a million years ago and who cares? I love you anyway :) Everything happens for a reason and everything that happened brought me to where I am today, with you, with Regen, with my friends and family, and for all of that, I am grateful <3
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    this "fighting back, working together, and building up, etc etc" concept is bull. You know it, and I know it. It is the big fish in a small lake conundrum.

Couldn't put it better myself. b:chuckle
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Menarin - Dreamweaver
    Menarin - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    A few points I'd like to Address:

1.) Most of the TW is planned outside of the TW if the faction is really trying to win and still have fun. Remember it's an instance, and Regenesis is the hardest instance in the game.

2.) Dreamweaver wants to TW, they will eventually start Ganking TWs to bring out the length of time used inside the instance of Regenesis and other factions.

3.) Regenesis isn't only successful because of the gear their players have, they're successful because they've kept the majority of their core members, they help their members achieve certain goals, and inside that TW field they are well organized, because let's face it they're prepared, they work out techniques and strategies before the TW is even happening.

4.) Factions shouldn't hold the map primarily to build up gear and coins, it isn't really that much for a few pieces of land. If a faction is only relying on that TW map for income then they're playing pwi wrong and their members won't ever get gears. They should be running instances ( which you don't need to own any piece of map to run).

5.) It's going to be rare that you'll see all of the Elites joining into one big faction because some players are psychopaths and traitors and they don't trust that the faction will hold under certain leaders. People have seen it happen in numerous faction and I'm certain many will not even try it again.

1) If Regen is an instance than I suppose they'd be a lvl 1000 dungeon in the fact that unless you squad with 120 lvl 100 rank 8 or better toons; you have no realistic chance of victory. The best you can hope for against them with an average-large size faction like Eq/IT/Dyna/:3 is a stalemate. (Being blunt here since other people will deny this and be butthurt, no idea why though. Its just a game. Why so serious?)

2) To gank or not to gank that be thy question! Tbh, its a shame that there even needs to be a gank, well I guess that's what you get from getting around 220mil per week or w/e. Most of regen sits on their a** all week long doing nothing but raking in the TW dough, since for them there is no legitimate reason to farm, if what HexOmega says is true.

3) If walking out into the open purposely looking for battle counts as a strategy than damn I guess that counts. From what I gather Regen WANTS TO FIGHT, so why use any strategy at all? Most of them are so OP their 3rd-4th alts have full nirvy and rank 8/9. What need for strategy when you can just grind the opposition to dust with overwhelming power?

4) Did you really just say that it isn't that much? 220 mil for 22 territories PER WEEK isn't that much? Need I remind you that they can hold that land indefinitely? Think before you type please. Anyone using simple math can point out that 1 territory easily covers the cost of a bid, and small amount of pots for an average amount of TW players. Now imagine that times 5. Oh wait that is an EXTRA 40 mil, more than enough to decently supply most of a regularly sized TW faction. Hell my faction does it with just 1 territory.

5) I agree completely.

Ah the good old days. b:chuckle
    this "fighting back, working together, and building up, etc etc" concept is bull. You know it, and I know it. It is the big fish in a small lake conundrum.

All rise. I third this motion. It passes. All seated.
    Our time is coming, we cannot be stopped, soon the time of the wizard will be upon us and all shall know and fear us. we are a magical army of wizardry and death, cold and emotionless, we carry out our tasks without a conscience.
    ~Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide

^Wow he has no life.
    ~Menarin - Dreamweaver
  • Yorkin - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    I think thread is going to much personal level then it should. Though "private-eye" post about WillowGirl's past is to be commended, and some friendly-advice thingies should be kept to themselves as well, I think we should stick with the original subject of this thread. Although, it is the members themselves that make every faction, we are discussing here Regenesis as a whole. Otherwise, topic should've been named "BaldwinBoy/WillowGirl is taking over" or something like that.

It is a... "public" secret that Calamity was torn apart just to switch colors and names. But no matter name or color, seems that (almost) identical collective has achieved/will achieve same goal. In my own time, I had anti-Cala/anti-whomever politics, but I see now I stand corrected. How was a 200-members collective coordinated in such effective way twice, it's beyond my comprehension? I would beg BaldwinBoy for joining on my knees just to experience this effectivness and satisfy my humblecuriosity. b:chuckle (Am I a sad little man because of that?)

Anyhow, I think T_i_m and Willow could settle their emotions a bit. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So you all claim that 2million coins every 2 weeks makes us rich? Yet you fail to remember that we use that money to buy charms and apothecary. Not to mention it is compulsory to be charmed and have tw apothecary. Every 2 weeks we get tw pay because we rotate people into tw. You imply that we one day just magically owned the server and that we never rose up to the previous top faction. You imply that we never worked for our lands. Intandem broke down because they were built on hate. They were the people making it harder for the server to play. When they got ganked it was their own doing. Had they enforced rules they would still exist today. We have never attacked any other faction except intandem until last week. Our faction is the top because we help each other. We include everyone. We do not use our members. Before you judge get your facts straight.
  • BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver
    BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Not going to comment on this thread - but before someone jumps on Mitachi for saying until last week we had only attacked IT I will make the follwoing comment.

When the map was reset - we located North as did EQ. We attacked EQ as soon as we could for what we believed to be the competitive challenge. EQ members broke away from their faction and formed IT which located in the south of the map. We continued to attack EQ until the fights were so ridiculously short we realised that IT may represent the strongest faction other than us on the server. So we moved south (not at the request of EQ as IT loved to imply) this journey did see some collateral damage as the path to IT was paved with a Kindrid land and two of Warlocks. At that point we bordered and continued to attack IT until two weeks ago when we attacked Dyna and last week when we attacked EQ.

That's as far as I will go with this amusing thread.
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What a sad little man you are. Of course you can't understand why anyone would want to join Regen - clearly you've never experienced true teamwork, a friendly, family environment, lots of fun and laughter, great faction events designed with the community in mind, and amazing leadership that truly cares for it's members.

Thanks for illustrating your ignorance about my background. I must have really struck a nerve. Amazing how some people react when you point out plainly observable facts.
  • blaarrg
    blaarrg Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Since we are done with the brainwashing part about why regen is so great can we get back to the topic at hand. What future does regen offer the server, both for it's members and the rest of us. I suppose we can all make our faction behave like willow suggested but the idea of farming the same instances over and over and chit-chatting with the same people over and over and doing nothing else seems pointless, assuming it leads to crappy tws like regen. But that doesn't seem to be the point of the thread.

Will regen take over the whole map? Maybe. Will regen doing so bring fun tws for regen and the rest of us? Probably not. So then what's the point? Is regen just doing what they used to when they were Calamity and incapable of thinking beyond that. But more over the other factions on the server are fairly closely matched. They could have fun tws if they just fought each other. However, if they are ganking regen they won't. But if they just ignore regen, regen is not just going to go away, well probably not even though it is possible. In the end it doesn't really matter what willow says a lot of people just play for tws and regen threatens to take that away and offers nothing to the other factions and their own members in return.
This discussion has been closed.