BH Abbadon "free wine" squads

Options
2»

Comments

• Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Tough, make your own squad with your wining rules.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Amup - Raging Tide
    Amup - Raging Tide Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Usually, wined squad "I" make on my main (wrong account to post but anyway) are this :

Any bh up to 79 (included)

Scenario 1 :

I pay full wine, I don't charge fee. I will specify "3 stars and molds plz" rest is totally random. I'm usually the tank when I wine, so I set squad to free, warn people and just pick the 3 stars and molds if any. Rest, I leave to everyone to go salvage at their liking.

or

Scenario 2

I feel just generous, just want bh over with. I will wine, won't charge fee, will set squad to random and it's gonna be free for all. So what if a tauren cape drops, if it's random, it is :)

Bh89 and up

Scenario 1

I will pay wine. I won't charge fee. I will specify "3 stars/mold/books' mines. Rest, to whoever grabs first (even apo pages)

Scenario 2

I will pay wine. I will charge fee. Squad will be set to random pickups, but I will ask if it's possible that books go to classes. If a book drops for a class not present, it's randomized. If 2 of same class are present, I will ask if they mind setting they own squad to random afterwards, and drop it/pick it (or just be the last in squad to leave).

Huge rules, I know. depends how I feel really..lol
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If it's on free pick it up yourself, if not then if you get it keep it.
    So you were a jerk and made like 5 people mad? Who cares?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook.com/tangyfox
    EX Legendary on Sanctuary
    Moved to LC to PK
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    My take on this is that most people do bh 100 wined instances with faction mates, and they are usually free because of the friendship or just knowing each other. I don't charge any of my friends wine fee as a matter of fact. The people who wc for a squad are usually the ones who need chrono bosses in there or can't really find a squad. People reading this wc automatically assume that that person is desperate to complete the quests and that wine will be free.
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ... People reading this wc automatically assume that that person is desperate to complete the quests and that wine will be free.

Lies, most people will ask, and on top of that, I do burn teles quite a bit just out of sheer fun.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigerninja - Heavens Tear
    Tigerninja - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I keep joining squads and when I ask the wine split someone says "Free wine". That's cool,right? Then they mention they get molds and books. I'm not talking about a tabbed run, just a plain BH.

This isn't free wine, it's trading wine fee for the drops. Many of you may remember a time when people made farming squads for books, offering free wine and 50-200k each person to farm an instance for molds or books. Anything from Cape of Tauran in BH69 up to books in BH89 and BH99. Now "free wine" means we are a farming squad that doesn't get paid?

90% of the reason I do BH Abaddon is for the book drops. Then after paying 30k to tele in and buffing the squad I ask what the split is, and they say "free, I get books and molds". When I tell them I'd rather pay they refuse to trade. My choice is find another squad and waste the 30k from stoning or do my BH with no chance of getting a book. To me, this is nothing more than scamming. "Free" wine means the winer has a chance at books worth 40+ mil. Granted books are rare but often 1 book can pay a profit on multiple runs with no book drop.

I have seen quite a few people quit squad over this. I always do, or offer to pay and if I get book I keep but if the other 5 get a book winer keeps. To me its a scam that they don't tell us, then refuse to trade. What does the rest of PWI think?

another pvl noob who doesn't know that winer get the drops. if you're not happy, buy your own wine and make your own squad using your own teles. you're QQ'ing for something irrational. who cares about molds and **** books these days when you can make your own??? a mold that will cost you as much as your porting fees. so if you're not happy, just ask in advance and decide whether to join or not. i never pay for wines. if you want a wine split, just wait another million years before you get such a squad.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    another pvl noob who doesn't know that winer get the drops. if you're not happy, buy your own wine and make your own squad using your own teles. you're QQ'ing for something irrational. who cares about molds and **** books these days when you can make your own??? a mold that will cost you as much as your porting fees. so if you're not happy, just ask in advance and decide whether to join or not. i never pay for wines. if you want a wine split, just wait another million years before you get such a squad.

Um...

From Saku's Core Connect, I get the following gems:
    Level a Blademaster to 90.
    Aug 12, 2010
    Level a Barbarian to 90.
    Nov 22, 2010
    Level an Assassin to 90.
    Apr 30, 2011
    Level a Seeker to 90.
    Aug 14, 2011
    Complete your first quest.
    Jan 05, 2010

So I think Saku's not in the whole powerleveling thing.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Meh, it's so rare that a book even drops...
    Personally, I love free wine squads. No wine fees? Yay.
    I go there to get my bh done, not to farm books after all :p If I wanted to farm, I'd grab some friends and we roll it.

As I see it... If you don't agree with squad splits, make your own or find another squad b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

I'd say the only thing worth anything (if you push it in this day and age for Abaddon.) is the cloak from the tree boss. No one does Haunted Headless cause of the physcial immunity. So the books are the only thing worth while. We never had the "My wine, my drops" rule in MY but we usually had the 'mold goes to the person to pitched the wine.'

I don't see why a person shouldn't be allowed to declare what they want.

Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Even though I on't always agree with his views, if there's one thing Saku is not is a powerleveling noob.

Back on topic, always ask before you tele b:victory
  • Zuuka - Sanctuary
    Zuuka - Sanctuary Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ive always done Free Wined BHs and never expected anything in return lol,... although there were moments where books dropped and I didnt get to keep it, but you win some you lose some right.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/9181
    Clearly says 10%

Most people don't know how to judge something with a 10% drop rate but it's not too hard. FB99 books can be made for 450 tokens which is 4.5m each. If there is a drop every 10 runs thats 2m worth of wine which is 60% cheaper.

If the arrangement wasn't something vastly in the winer's favor why would they be so willing to do it?

If you offer to pay your share of the wine then you should be allowed to keep your share of the drops. Fair is fair.

And in the lower squads where there are no books there is a only like a 2% chance to get a mold. Additionally there are many books that aren't worth the 2 million price tag that comes from wining. So the chances to re-cooperate losses are still diminished. It's really not advantageous at all to do free wining, unless your gamble pays off. Its not advantageous to do packs either, but people still open them. If you didn't pay a share of the wine, you shouldn't get a share of the drops even if you offered. If you don't like free wine sqauds, don't join them instead of taking the free wine which everyone knows how the setup is going to be when they enter. Fair is Fair.

If it's on free pick it up yourself, if not then if you get it keep it.
    So you were a jerk and made like 5 people mad? Who cares?

I hate people with that kind of attitude. It's stealing. Just don't enter those kinds of squads if you want the drops so badly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Anelyn - Sanctuary
    Anelyn - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    And in the lower squads where there are no books there is a only like a 2% chance to get a mold. Additionally there are many books that aren't worth the 2 million price tag that comes from wining. So the chances to re-cooperate losses are still diminished. It's really not advantageous at all to do free wining, unless your gamble pays off. Its not advantageous to do packs either, but people still open them. If you didn't pay a share of the wine, you shouldn't get a share of the drops even if you offered. If you don't like free wine sqauds, don't join them instead of taking the free wine which everyone knows how the setup is going to be when they enter. Fair is Fair.

I hate people with that kind of attitude. It's stealing. Just don't enter those kinds of squads if you want the drops so badly.

This is about BH99. In the long run wining the instance is worth about 700-800k.
    If it wasn't extremely profitable why would the winer refuse to let someone pay their share of the wine for a fair chance of the drop?
  • V/leev - Sanctuary5
    V/leev - Sanctuary5 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I always do free wine but i never ask for the books or molds for the wine
  • hanfknolle
    hanfknolle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    People have to many Problems... when u want the drops then just make you own squad
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    /shrug

The "winer gets molds/3*/books" has been pretty standard on HT for a long time now.

If it's that big of an issue, wine it yourself and instead of giving coin trades, drop (size_of_squad * payment_per_person) coin and pick it up. You paid them, you'll get the drops, and 95% of the people won't notice- especially if you're sneaky and drop the coin while fighting a mob/boss.

Personally, I'm more concerned with people who intentionally steal books.

Also, lol @ Saku being a "p.level noob". b:chuckle
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is about BH99. In the long run wining the instance is worth about 700-800k.
    If it wasn't extremely profitable why would the winer refuse to let someone pay their share of the wine for a fair chance of the drop?

Eh, but the free wines thing has the same meaning for every BH. And the reason that winers do it even though it's not that profitable (which is why you see them doing this in bhs where this is even less chance to get something good) is because of the chance that it will end up hugely profitable. People like to gamble. It adds a sense of excitement to the bhs and there is always the chance they will end up with something really good. It's not really a steady source of income. Like I said, that 10% chance is only for a book to drop, not even necessarily a good book. Lets take a look at an example.

If someone wined the instance 100 times. This is assuming that the 10% chance is perfect.

90 times they would receive nothing. Cost=18 million coins assuming tokens stay at 10k each for the entire time they wine bhs.

Now lets say they get 10 thunderballs, not likely but there are plenty of other equally worthless drops that actually are worth far less than it's 1 million to 1.5 million price tag. So that's a fair representative price. Thats a profit from those runs in the long run of 10million-15million coins.

So they actually lost money wining the bhs of anywhere from between 8 million and 3 million coins.

Of course, there is also the chance that they get a revive book thats worth about 23-25 million coins. In addition to 9 thunderballs which would mean they made a profit from anywhere between 15-17 million. Cha-ching.

And that's the reason they wine it. They probably won't get the nice shiny 1% expensive drop book, more than likely there book will be mostly in the cheap end of the spectrum. But if something nice does drop, at least they'll be the ones who get it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Um...

From Saku's Core Connect, I get the following gems:
    Level a Blademaster to 90.
    Aug 12, 2010
    Level a Barbarian to 90.
    Nov 22, 2010
    Level an Assassin to 90.
    Apr 30, 2011
    Level a Seeker to 90.
    Aug 14, 2011
    Complete your first quest.
    Jan 05, 2010

So I think Saku's not in the whole powerleveling thing.
    Agree with this. Also, look at the person's core connect who is talking about plvl noobs. Perfect example of a moron throwing stones in glass houses.

Since when is the instance worth 700-800k? If you set the squad to Free and do Thom, Gaurnob, Mountain's Finger, Dracoboa, Thunderclap, Haunted Headless, and Peach while picking up every single drop to NPC later? In that case, I agree. However, I don't believe this is the scenario you have in mind, therefore, you're incorrect.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Whenever I make my own squads, I offer free wine and ask if everyone is ok with me keeping books. The rest, molds and such, goes to whoever picks it thus the squad still has a chance to get something nice. Whoever wishes to leave, they can do so. I've had that happen once as well. It's not like I'm forcing anyone to run the instance under my rules. I ask politely and whoever wants to run it that way, will stay. Most people seem to be alright with this anyway. If they weren't I wouldn't be able to make squads. Also, offering free wine makes me build a squad faster (I usually make my own squads when I run it with faction mates and/or friends anyway. If I'm alone, I join one.)

So far I've gotten Sage Wolf Emblem and Sage Purge which I've sold for 20mil and 15mil respectively.. I've had a couple of others but were worth as much as nothing. I honestly started this to be able to get my hands on some books for my Cleric or my Psychic for free and my first valuable book drop only encouraged me to keep doing it. My in-game husband first told me of this method so I knew it was a common thing for BH Abbadon/Seat of Torment.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Tigerninja - Heavens Tear
    Tigerninja - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Agree with this. Also, look at the person's core connect who is talking about plvl noobs. Perfect example of a moron throwing stones in glass houses.

Since when is the instance worth 700-800k? If you set the squad to Free and do Thom, Gaurnob, Mountain's Finger, Dracoboa, Thunderclap, Haunted Headless, and Peach while picking up every single drop to NPC later? In that case, I agree. However, I don't believe this is the scenario you have in mind, therefore, you're incorrect.

FYI, lvling using oracles, combined with training eso and hypers exist. only noobs like you only know pvl in FF. and also i use orbs that i got from BH100 which i transfer from a/c stash to lvlup my alts. and i stacked a lot of those. if this is called pvl, you're a bigger noob than i thought.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    FYI, lvling using oracles, combined with training eso and hypers exist. only noobs like you only know pvl in FF. and also i use orbs that i got from BH100 which i transfer from a/c stash to lvlup my alts. and i stacked a lot of those. if this is called pvl, you're a bigger noob than i thought.
    Oh hai there tigernoob:
    Or you can use/make a level 100 character on the same acct for the BH1 orb of cultivations and BH2 brain powers to get from 70 - 80+ so you can xp **** in FF.
    Oracles are certainly outdated, and when they weren't people were primarily using them to 70, not 80.

Owned. b:bye
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well, you can always politely ask everyone to change their broadcasts to "wined for drops" or just deal with it. If you want to farm for books make the wines yourself or offer to buy it at the end. BH100 wine rules are normally different from lower leveled BHs, you either adapt or wine it yourself.

-This is just as bad. Drops is too ambiguous. All drops would more than pay for wine, and I got kicked from a squad for not forking over a weapon drop from a common mob in BH SoT that was only worth NPC value.

My ad would be:

"LFM: BH Aba; wined for book/ mold; pm class; no reply = sorry"

-and yeah.. there is enough space in a wc to be even more specific.

I've also dropped out of squads when the leader won't reply to: "cost?". Typically you have to wait for these bozos to make wine or beg someone else to for them. Some people just shouldn't be making squads.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Meanwhile people pay 150k-200k to have others open an instance for them. But that's okay, it's nothing like this. *eyeroll*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    u no wine u go get goodies. been that way since pwi started....learn the rules.
  • PsychicTuna - Harshlands
    PsychicTuna - Harshlands Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Necro!!!
    *Explodes into Tuna* ._.

Mains:

Doom_Panda- 102 R9 partial 3rd cast Sage Barb 29k HP.
    Dawnx - 100 Demon Cleric.
    Dawnx_- 101 Sage Cleric.
    DawnMyst- 94 Demon Mystic.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Options
    :\ closed for necro

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • PsychicTuna - Harshlands
    PsychicTuna - Harshlands Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    :\ closed for necro

Nope. ._.
    *Explodes into Tuna* ._.

Mains:

Doom_Panda- 102 R9 partial 3rd cast Sage Barb 29k HP.
    Dawnx - 100 Demon Cleric.
    Dawnx_- 101 Sage Cleric.
    DawnMyst- 94 Demon Mystic.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Options
    b:quietb:avoid

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.