Drop stealers

Options
madrock4
madrock4 Posts: 47 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
I am from the LC server so if you can identify with this issue on other pvp servers, please, participate in the poll. (especially LC users)

Hey everyone

So again, i propose something be done about "drop-stealing". bluenames cant pvp but they pick up drops from pvp? why should they reap the benefits of pvp if they do not partake? many have made a business out of this. so should we stop pvp on our pvp server?whilst most do not pvp for drops, you ought to be entitled to them when they do fall since you used your own resources to cause them to fall i think. that only seems fair.
Again i'd like to suggest that something be done. i just thought of this whilst writing: 1)bluenames may only recover drops from monsters or trade, but not from white/red named players. so atleast we can aoe and kill the ppl who might steal our drops.
2) an iteration of my initial suggestion: put some sort of timer such that the person responsible for the killing has about a limited time in which they must retrieve their loot, and after this time, then it should be up for grabs
It's just super annoying to see a good drop fall and have a bluename get it after you used so many resources to kill the person that dropped it, and to address those who think we should pk in other areas, well the fact of the matter is, we dont; we pk where we do because it's most convenient, and just as the laws of the real world have evolved to cope with the times, so should these....

please participate in the poll :) ty!!!!
Post edited by madrock4 on

Comments

• Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    madrock4 wrote: »
    I am from the LC server so if you can identify with this issue on other pvp servers, please, participate in the poll. (especially LC users)

Hey everyone

So again, i propose something be done about "drop-stealing". bluenames cant pvp but they pick up drops from pvp? why should they reap the benefits of pvp if they do not partake? many have made a business out of this. so should we stop pvp on our pvp server?whilst most do not pvp for drops, you ought to be entitled to them when they do fall since you used your own resources to cause them to fall i think. that only seems fair.
    Again i'd like to suggest that something be done. i just thought of this whilst writing: 1)bluenames may only recover drops from monsters or trade, but not from white/red named players. so atleast we can aoe and kill the ppl who might steal our drops.
    2) an iteration of my initial suggestion: put some sort of timer such that the person responsible for the killing has about a limited time in which they must retrieve their loot, and after this time, then it should be up for grabs
    It's just super annoying to see a good drop fall and have a bluename get it after you used so many resources to kill the person that dropped it, and to address those who think we should pk in other areas, well the fact of the matter is, we dont; we pk where we do because it's most convenient, and just as the laws of the real world have evolved to cope with the times, so should these....

reason why i pk mostly in heaven/hell no blue names but they should make pk drops like pve drop
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Believe it or not, it's been brought up before. Surprising isn't it? Something as simple as this doesn't get fixed.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Um frankly there is a system in place for this they can't touch your drops for as long as they would a mobs drops it will say this item belongs to another person. If you are taking long enough to pick those up well I say nothing can be done *******s are *******s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • madrock4
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Believe it or not, it's been brought up before. Surprising isn't it? Something as simple as this doesn't get fixed.

im aware that it has been brought up before, atleast that's the word of mouth. i figured if the issue keeps getting posted maybe one day they might hear our cries...glad to see it's not only on my server. gives it more validity.
  • madrock4
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Um frankly there is a system in place for this they can't touch your drops for as long as they would a mobs drops it will say this item belongs to another person. If you are taking long enough to pick those up well I say nothing can be done *******s are *******s

i have killed a person, and have the drop picked up instantly by a bluename. the fabled system of which u speak undeniably faulty...orrrrrrr, the majority of voters so far are crazy...
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i figured if the issue keeps getting posted maybe one day they might hear our cries...

I won't hold my breath. Maybe if the Chinese players get tired of it and QQ to the devs.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i have killed a person, and have the drop picked up instantly by a bluename. the fabled system of which u speak undeniably faulty...orrrrrrr, the majority of voters so far are crazy...

I dunno man I've tried it before and couldn't pick up the dudes armor cause I was jokin around and thats what I got maybe it got changed since I did it that highly possible lots of things do............ Can't help yah there should be a timer there like anything else but then someone could kill steal yah for the drops so well I dunno what you should do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • madrock4
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I won't hold my breath. Maybe if the Chinese players get tired of it and QQ to the devs.

lols maybe im foolish but id like to think the world has progressed, and is a better place than that. QQ.lols. im serious though
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hey everyone

I do believe this system is already in place, I tried it a little while ago and I couldn't pick any of the drops from mobs I was killing with my alt.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I do believe this system is already in place, I tried it a little while ago and I couldn't pick any of the drops from mobs I was killing with my alt.

Drops in PK not from mobs when players drop their gear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

For mobs, yes.

For players, the instant something drops it's free for all regardless of who killed them. Why do you think there's an army of blue names crowding PK hotspots to try and camp drops on PvP servers?
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

sigh..the topic is pk drops from other players.
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hey everyone

You must be new around here..First off when the game started.You used to have to own a grind spot and that would cause world pvp.The devs ruined that by creating frost a lvling service.So go blame the chineez dev's that dont speak any engrish.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    b:surrender I just woke up from a nap, my mind isnt on.

But yea option 2 sounds fun, but the coding for it would be a little outrageous, and tbh I can live w/o the (rare) drops, and I'd rather have the devs time spent fixing other bigger issues....but these things won't happen any time soon now will they? I mean look at all the other things still messed up in the game.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • madrock4
    edited August 2011
    Options

it is in place for mobs, but not against other players
  • Amystinia - Archosaur
    Amystinia - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And the moral to this story is:

Don't pvp/pk without guardian scrolls
  • madrock4
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And the moral to this story is:

Don't pvp/pk without guardian scrolls

and the moral to this story is: you missed the point of the issue!read it again!
  • Amystinia - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You clearly don't know how Guardian Scrolls work then. If kept in your bag, you don't drop anything if you are killed during pvp/pk. I understood the issue perfectly, thank you. No need to re-read.

Equally, if you don't want to lose stuff by dropping it when you're killed, don't pvp/pk at all. If you know the risks, don't bleat when it happens.
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You clearly don't know how Guardian Scrolls work then. If kept in your bag, you don't drop anything if you are killed during pvp/pk. I understood the issue perfectly, thank you. No need to re-read.

Equally, if you don't want to lose stuff by dropping it when you're killed, don't pvp/pk at all. If you know the risks, don't bleat when it happens.

again you dont understand the issue he isnt dropping ppl he kill are dropping and blue names take drops lrn2read plox b:bye
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • madrock4
    edited August 2011
    Options
    again you dont understand the issue he isnt dropping ppl he kill are dropping and blue names take drops lrn2read plox b:bye

well said XD
  • Amystinia - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yes, and if Guardian Scrolls are in bag, no drops will fall therefore no drops for blue names to steal. Jeez, how hard is this to understand?
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yes, and if Guardian Scrolls are in bag, no drops will fall therefore no drops for blue names to steal. Jeez, how hard is this to understand?

geez whats not to understand it dont go bout gaurdain Scrolls it goes bout drops trollz should be banned on sight b:bye looks at lv belwo 30 guess you are 1 off those blue names thats why you defend last reply to troll
  • Amystinia - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Actually, I resent the implication. I never steal drops. I have a friend who is a 91 cleric and who regularly PKs. Because he is a cleric, he tends to get killed a lot but because he has scrolls in his bag, he doesn't drop anything. What's not to understand?

Incidentally, I do agree that drop stealers should be harshly dealt with.

I'm done now. I really can't be arsed to keep on explaining to people who clearly do not want to understand my point.
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

Just imagine you kill someone and they drop (r3tard didnt have SL / scrolls).

Some nab**** picks up what they dropped, despite YOU being the one who killed them.

Thats the issue here.

~Now if you dont get that, you are a troll or a dumbass.
  • holyhawk
    holyhawk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lol what
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

ehuaa ehuaa eh?

i seriously am laughing here. you dont normally see like half a dozen totally unrelated peeps explaining totally spaced concepts together like this.

.....and the spaced concept stays well spaced. good fun.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

I'd like to point out that thanks to our wonderful devs, even if GAs are carried, you have a chance of dropping the GAs themselves if they're all in the same stack and you're unlucky enough to have them all drop. If that happens, anything else that you'd drop will drop too.
  • Olee - Dreamweaver
    Olee - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lol suggestion 2 ftw, I still renember the +12 g15 cube neck that a blue name picked up at DW server D:
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    *makes and alt in a pvp server just to steal drops* b:chuckle
  • Amystinia - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Just imagine you kill someone and they drop (r3tard didnt have SL / scrolls).

Some nab**** picks up what they dropped, despite YOU being the one who killed them.

Thats the issue here.

~Now if you dont get that, you are a troll or a dumbass.

I do get that and I am neither a "troll" nor a "dumbass", and have given my opinion thereto. I do, however, have the intelligence and maturity not to resort to name-calling.

Thank you, truekossy, for your clarification. I'm not pathetic enough not to admit when I am mistaken. I was given to understand that GAs protected you full stop and indeed have never seen my cleric friend drop anything when he was killed. He must have been very lucky thus far not to drop the GAs themselves as I didn't realise that they could be, thereby negating protection.