Pwic

13»

Comments

• Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I completely disagree with you on graphics part. Sure, it LOOKS different than HoN because of the different animation style. You may not like the art style but the fact is, the graphics themselves are much more advanced than HoN's especially if you pay attention to all the small details put into them. Not to mention the havok engine used in DotA 2 trumps HoN's by a mile.

As for gameplay being "MUCH" slower... how many matches did you actually watch?

Just to clarify though, I'm not saying HoN was always complete ****. It WAS a good game like you said, but in the past few months that game has gone beyond saving.

I watched many of them. The first ones were quite disgusting, but the action picked up as the tournament went on. But I still had the same uncomfortable feeling about the game's fluidity. I also watched the games on YouTube in 1080p quality, and I still wasn't satisfied. It goes beyond graphics themselves. The game has this weird semi-cellshading taste or whatever, and the heroes all have the same weird square faces. I just don't like it at all.

To me, graphics like HoN or SC2 are far better. Anime-like graphics (or anything remotely close to that) do NOT fit DotA.

Like I said, I used to be a big fan of S2's work with HoN, and I was also a hardcore DotA player, but I've come to be quite disappointed and I might stop playing the moba genre all together if DotA 2 blows as hard as it seems to.

PS : Pyromancer looks super cool. **** Lina.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    NO, really? We held a contest of best gears instead of skills to pick server champions, then picked PWI champion by DPS on Harpy and we got owned in a equal geared PK tourney? Now who would have seen that coming???

Yeah, if there is a pwic next year around I hope for once gm's do what a "GAME MASTER'' is supposed to do. We really need a real tournament environment.
    Other teams in PWI might've figured this out, but they lost the PvE portion. I'm not saying Sanct would've done better than LC, but Sanct's winning team had 2 archers, 2 clerics, BM and barb. One of their team members had the foresight to specifically point out that sin would be garbage during the 6v6 fight when we were talking about their team makeup.

The Harpy fight was indeed PWI setting them up to fail.

Nice set up, too bad pwi screwed us with this stupid dps contest. I don't know why sins couldn't have as much interval as here, but I think it's not a very good idea because for being a 5.0 or 4.0 sin you need to use hh99 gears and those take out a lot of potential defense which will make u a easy target.
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    so what was the prize? :S

And.. China nerf aps to 3.0 like a year ago... i believe. o.O

\/ my sign for all HoN lovers =) Nice company $2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    so what was the prize? :S

And.. China nerf aps to 3.0 like a year ago... i believe. o.O

\/ my sign for all HoN lovers =) Nice company $2

Funny thing is, I ended up spending more money on LoL because it was overall a more balanced game.

Not to mention, I respect Riot WAY more than I respect $2 or PWE...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheX - Lost City
    TheX - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ok well ill prove my point here with JackDRipper,PWninja,KindaBusy,Calvin,SaiyanGohan,pce,Azura,TiTeo
    TiTeo,Almon,ArchEvil,Doom_Kitty,nafad,Nikkeyy,TidusFTW want me to keep going cause i can name a bunch more to prove me point????

btw you seem mad soooo umadbro?

i gota ask why do you have to say umadbro? that was acceptable 2 years ago, get a new line please is that like your back up line when someone makes you look stupid? but if yu want to know no im not really mad

nice naming titeo 2x havnt seen pce pwninja or tidus logged on in weeks and when did nafad get r9 cause i dont remember seeing it and yes keep goin cause theres only 1 or 2 you missed but yu talk like theres like 30more

oh while yur at it now list Tri-force r9's and lets see how the list stacks up and you will realize how utterly **** you look sayin CT and tri has the same amount
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    F*CK SC2 BW4LYF
    *Burns every copy of sc2*

bw > sc2 but bw gonna die before sc2.

in the meantime we will steal all your outdated pros :D

boxer, nada, july, yellow and soon more :D
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bictorr - Lost City
    Bictorr - Lost City Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    MC? Scrub in BW, Bonjwa in SC2.
    Puma? Quit BW because he was bottom feeder, comes to SC2 and mops floor with MC 3-0.

Conclusion: The more scrubbier you are at BW, the more bonjwa you are in SC2.

We'll talk about SC2 replacing BW when it actually gets on TV first.
  • negativereaction
    negativereaction Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Who need archers? Who need mages? Who need psychics?

you interview-jelly?
  • devotion
    edited August 2011
    Don't forget zergbong. Guy is like a zerg bonjwa at sc2 and he is like the worst 1v1 bw player in history.

Don't forget MBCGame is shutting down so no more MSL and now you guys only have 1 TV channel.

Plus who watches video games on TV now? Streaming is the new generation of television yo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bictorr - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Oh no, those who doubt BW must realize that it is not just a game anymore, it's a culture, it's a way of life. Those who jumps ship must realize that when Blizzard releases the next big hit RTS, it's bye bye SC2.
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i gota ask why do you have to say umadbro? that was acceptable 2 years ago, get a new line please is that like your back up line when someone makes you look stupid? but if yu want to know no im not really mad

nice naming titeo 2x havnt seen pce pwninja or tidus logged on in weeks and when did nafad get r9 cause i dont remember seeing it and yes keep goin cause theres only 1 or 2 you missed but yu talk like theres like 30more

oh while yur at it now list Tri-force r9's and lets see how the list stacks up and you will realize how utterly **** you look sayin CT and tri has the same amount

didt say they had r9 just that there big csers and i just saw tidus 2 days ago and was pked mb ninja yesterday
  • devotion
    edited August 2011
    Oh no, those who doubt BW must realize that it is not just a game anymore, it's a culture, it's a way of life. Those who jumps ship must realize that when Blizzard releases the next big hit RTS, it's bye bye SC2.

It's a culture, but it's slowly dying. Like it or not but that culture is losing people faster than it's gaining. SC2 can't hold a candle to BW but you're in denial if you think BW will last forever. SC2 will be the same. Old games die because new ones are released which lower the amount of new people playing which eventually means it dies. As evidenced by the recent decline and ultimate downfall of MSL bw IS dying. Slower than other games but still dying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2011

but Blizzard released its last RTS like what...8 years ago? How fast do you think they're going to release another considering they have WoW?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Bictorr - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Of course BW is gonna die sooner or later, nothing lasts forever. But I'm content to savor on the fact that sc2 will never achieve what BW has become.
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    random: if you want to play some sc2 add Ruvil player code: 373 (lol im so creative) 1v1 diamond ~8.

sanc team was going to use 5.0 zerk sin for harpy instead of 2nd EA, figured we would lose china fights though so wasn't really worth it (wasn't sure what reqs were for swappping alternate =/)

2EA was for more purgies as we had no veno :< and 2x BoTC on our 2x EP, try to get an edge on sleeps/sog. start fight 4v6 focus them down, work on enemy HA at end.

anyways PWI really screwed their own team by lack of info (lol@PWIC mag wep proc =.=) and team selection process. would have loved to fight other server teams even w/ my puny +7-11 gears b:chuckle
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    o.o

RUVIPIE GONNA PLAY DOTA2 WITH QUII? :3
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    hahahahaha x infinity

Tri force got rolled badly

the "best" player of all time on pwi got 2 shot.

Guess skill does make a difference when all have the same gear, huh? b:chuckle
    Here we go again....
  • negativereaction
    negativereaction Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    the "best" player of all time on pwi got 2 shot.

Guess skill does make a difference when all have the same gear, huh? b:chuckle

skill also does not affect how much damage you take from 2 consecutive hits. just sayin'.
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    and that concludes that cheze has no skill. he is noobier than me b:bye
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    skill also does not affect how much damage you take from 2 consecutive hits. just sayin'.

does this excuse work all the time or just when it suits you?
    anyone can say this in open pvp/tw.

he got rolled. no amazing gear, no hacks= rolled
    Here we go again....
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    obviously if I had skills, the game would know and therefore reduce the damage from those 2 hits. T.T
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
    edited August 2011
    obviously if I had skills, the game would know and therefore reduce the damage from those 2 hits. T.T

It does do that. It's called R9. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Martin - Harshlands
    Martin - Harshlands Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    It does do that. It's called R9. b:chuckle

b:victory

/10char
    PvE = F2P PvP = P2P
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    does this excuse work all the time or just when it suits you?
    anyone can say this in open pvp/tw.

he got rolled. no amazing gear, no hacks= rolled

but but r9 != skills. just look at me full r9 nublet
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
    edited August 2011
    but but r9 != skills. just look at me full r9 nublet

Apparently, in this game, R9 = skill :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evinerre - Lost City
    Evinerre - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Apparently, in this game, R9 = skill :P

Pretty much. but what will they ever do once everyone else but R9s are gone? Would they...dare I say...learn to play?
  • Bictorr - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    it Does Do That. It's Called R9. B:chuckle

Rofl Ahahahaha