Pwic

Options

Comments

• devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This noob shall play both, but mostly DotA 2

I was slightly surprised that DotA 2 had such a high prize pool for a beta tourney.

Valve marketing really. Entice people to switch from hon and lol and attract people who have never played a moba once they realize there is some potentially big money in dota2.

Unfortunately unless valve keeps supporting the prize pool it will diminish. Starcraft2 is completely self reliant and has a huge fan base yet has never gotten close to 1mil for a single tournament.
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bictorr - Lost City
    Bictorr - Lost City Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    F*CK SC2 BW4LYF
    *Burns every copy of sc2*
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    F*CK SC2 BW4LYF
    *Burns every copy of sc2*

f u. I play both. b:angry
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    at first I didint give a **** about this turney, but now, when LC team lost so badly b:sad now I understand that I wanted them to win. good luck next time.
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    this has to be the most **** statement i have seen in a while, chinatown has no where as much r9 as tri-force, im not sure about vengeful or instinct and as for the complaint about there cs please tell me whats was kage's response for losing tw to instinct everyweek..... oh yu guys cs thats why yu win, so how can you say something about people callin them out for spending a ton on game when your guild did it everytime you lost tw

ummm i never said anything like that to them my faction did not me... and as for that cause instinct wanted to brag about how quick the war was and it wassnt fun for them and so on so yeah they said its cause of cs and last i check i can call who ever i want on whatever i want b:bye

oh i didnt mean ct had as many r9 i meant the part about the cash shopping... ct has quite a bit of big cser atm ^^
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    In the end, the company are the winner. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    5 million prize pool on LoL ?

1 million prize pool on dota 2 ?

Couple hundreds on SC2 ? (Dont play it.. so no ideas).

What was the prize pool for PWI tourney o.o

Koreans do sux at LoL though.

5 mill :o kage imma join lets make a team and go all the way b:cool
  • negativereaction
    negativereaction Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    till LoL goes the way of Fury.

Azura, i'm too lazy to find a post of yours to quote, but after more than 3+ years of personally button-mash facerolling your pitifully managed wf all over TW, i'm surprised you have any smugness left to spew all over server symposium. must come from the bitterness.
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    devotion wrote: »
    Hopefully when riot/valve stop supporting the prize pools the moba community will have an established scene.

You guys playing lol or dota2?

Dont think any of us show/x/mid/llama/taka/shano/mikoto/etc.. switch from LoL to Dota2 ;x

We pretty much enjoy LoL.. i mite try it.. cause its Valve.. and Valve games tend to be epic. Cs/l4d2/portal 2..

I want the new game mode on LoL =_= Dominion!! Looks so much fun on stream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • TheX - Lost City
    TheX - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    last time i checked instinct and vengeful and now even chinatown have just as much people spending money as tri force... and just as much r9....
    ummm i never said anything like that to them my faction did not me... and as for that cause instinct wanted to brag about how quick the war was and it wassnt fun for them and so on so yeah they said its cause of cs and last i check i can call who ever i want on whatever i want b:bye

oh i didnt mean ct had as many r9 i meant the part about the cash shopping... ct has quite a bit of big cser atm ^^

let me quote yu "last i check i can call who ever i want on whatever i want" so if i want to call them out for not having skill and buying wins yu have a problem with that

let me start laughing at yu from now. i made it clear im ok with there spendin its there braggin as if they had skill when they dont was the problem because hey there probably paying for the games upkeep

clearly you pointed CT has as much people spending money as tri and as much r9 which is a comment that made you point blank stupid, sayin CT spends as much as Tri is like saying kage spends as much as CT we all know thats not true
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Dont think any of us show/x/mid/llama/taka/shano/mikoto/etc.. switch from LoL to Dota2 ;x

We pretty much enjoy LoL.. i mite try it.. cause its Valve.. and Valve games tend to be epic. Cs/l4d2/portal 2..

I want the new game mode on LoL =_= Dominion!! Looks so much fun on stream.

True, I cant wait this mode! b:victory

I tried Dota2, and personally, I prefer LoL by far o0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    let me quote yu "last i check i can call who ever i want on whatever i want" so if i want to call them out for not having skill and buying wins yu have a problem with that

let me start laughing at yu from now. i made it clear im ok with there spendin its there braggin as if they had skill when they dont was the problem because hey there probably paying for the games upkeep

clearly you pointed CT has as much people spending money as tri and as much r9 which is a comment that made you point blank stupid, sayin CT spends as much as Tri is like saying kage spends as much as CT we all know thats not true

ok well ill prove my point here with JackDRipper,PWninja,KindaBusy,Calvin,SaiyanGohan,pce,Azura,TiTeo
    TiTeo,Almon,ArchEvil,Doom_Kitty,nafad,Nikkeyy,TidusFTW want me to keep going cause i can name a bunch more to prove me point????

btw you seem mad soooo umadbro?
  • Bictorr - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ok well ill prove my point here with JackDRipper,PWninja,KindaBusy,Calvin,SaiyanGohan,pce,Azura,TiTeo
    TiTeo,Almon,ArchEvil,Doom_Kitty,nafad,Nikkeyy,TidusFTW want me to keep going cause i can name a bunch more to prove me point????

btw you seem mad soooo umadbro?

IMAD that you listed TiTeo twice.
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    True, I cant wait this mode! b:victory

I tried Dota2, and personally, I prefer LoL by far o0

Keep in mind though, DotA 2 is in pretty early stages of its beta. Lol does have its unique qualities that make it enjoyable but I will wait until DotA 2 is actually released to compare the two. Can we all agree that HoN turned to **** 4-5 months ago tho? b:chuckle

@Qui: I never played with Aya lol. He was on EU servers and I'm on US. Lag is too much of a ***** for me to bother switching lol. I think Aya's playing single player RPGs these days like DA and Mass Effect...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    NO, really? We held a contest of best gears instead of skills to pick server champions, then picked PWI champion by DPS on Harpy and we got owned in a equal geared PK tourney? Now who would have seen that coming???
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Keep in mind though, DotA 2 is in pretty early stages of its beta. Lol does have its unique qualities that make it enjoyable but I will wait until DotA 2 is actually released to compare the two. Can we all agree that HoN turned to **** 4-5 months ago tho? b:chuckle

@Qui: I never played with Aya lol. He was on EU servers and I'm on US. Lag is too much of a ***** for me to bother switching lol. I think Aya's playing single player RPGs these days like DA and Mass Effect...

isnt it same champions and same map. Same mode. I got bored watching the stream.. but it just looked the same with better graphics. D:

Graphics are overrated to me.. a good game can be a yellow ball getting chase by other balls. PAC MAN! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Psh the same heroes as Dota was the most attractive part of it! This is the true continuation!

No one wants a bald man for Slayer or some shriveled thing for Crystal Maiden.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Bictorr - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Alright guys, obviously the way to determine the best PvP'ers cross server is have them whale on a mob and see who can kill it the fastest.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    NO, really? We held a contest of best gears instead of skills to pick server champions, then picked PWI champion by DPS on Harpy and we got owned in a equal geared PK tourney? Now who would have seen that coming???

We did get put against the teams that came in 2nd and 3rd >.>. I still blame our lack of real threats in party. Only one was Psychic. Sin was horribly gimped, rest are support classes. We needed an archer as I have already stated like 10 times :(. Every other team had an archer.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    isnt it same champions and same map. Same mode. I got bored watching the stream.. but it just looked the same with better graphics. D:

Graphics are overrated to me.. a good game can be a yellow ball getting chase by other balls. PAC MAN! b:cute

Well, LoL has like 2 maps as well. The fewer the maps the better imo. It's not like players frequently end up playing anything other than the standard 5v5.

Now, as much as I do enjoy the heroes in LoL, It is nice to finally see DotA heroes in play again. Although most of them are the same there are a few new ones. (AA for example) Also, I really did enjoy the heroes from DotA the most. It's too bad they won't be porting Techies tho b:surrender

And let's face it, DotA has the most skilled player base out of the three games. But again, I'm gonna wait until after the game comes out to give it a fair judgement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Calvin - Lost City
    Calvin - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Who need archers? Who need mages? Who need psychics?

We went with the double Venomancer for two reasons. One, extra Purge (debuff) makes enemies easier to kill, and two, Magic doesn’t miss. The Assassin is there to kill people. Blademaster is there to lock up opposing players. The Barb is there to be annoying.
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Dota 2 looks like garbage. Graphics suck, gameplay is unsmooth and stiff and so not fluid. It's the exact same thing as Dota, only with better (and yet ****ed up) graphics. The gameplay is much, MUCH slower than HoN and it's more farm-based, which is horribly boring.

I know it's only beta, but the graphics won't change for sure, only thing they can do is make it smoother. The animations are really weird in the sense that they seem oddly slow or something, whenever I watched the streams I just couldn't help but feel like the game was stiff.

HoN was a great ****ing game. Very gank oriented, lots of action, good strategy, decent balance and nothing gimmicky like LoL has. But S2 ****ed it up completely by introducing flashy heroes that just look good and are ridiculously overpowered (hello Rhapsody, spellvamp is so LoL-like, and hello Master of Arms, the most op hero ever). S2 is also making the game more and more easymode, so much so that it's pathetic (automatic courier for each team? xD).

I was hoping Dota 2 would be the redemption of this and would be a good game but I'm not holding my breath now. Still gotta wait to actually play it, but I don't have a good feeling.

The only nice thing I saw in DotA 2 is the picking phase interface and system (alternating between bans and picks several times).
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    We did get put against the teams that came in 2nd and 3rd >.>. I still blame our lack of real threats in party. Only one was Psychic. Sin was horribly gimped, rest are support classes. We needed an archer as I have already stated like 10 times :(. Every other team had an archer.

PWI basically set you guys up to fail with the way they mismanaged the preliminary tournament. The thing I keep wondering about though is, it seemed like the other teams figured out sooner that assassins were pointless and archers were gold. Why?

1) They got better information in advance from their GM's? Maybe their preliminary tournaments were better simulations of the finals?

2) They were just smarter and adapted more quickly?

3) It never even occurred to them to bring an assassin, because their servers are managed differently, and assasins aren't as overpowered with less availability of high level gear?

This is mostly rhetorical, since I'm not sure anyone knows the answer, but maybe you guys got a feel for it from other tournament participants.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Dota 2 looks like garbage. Graphics suck, gameplay is unsmooth and stiff and so not fluid. It's the exact same thing as Dota, only with better (and yet ****ed up) graphics. The gameplay is much, MUCH slower than HoN and it's more farm-based, which is horribly boring.

I know it's only beta, but the graphics won't change for sure, only thing they can do is make it smoother. The animations are really weird in the sense that they seem oddly slow or something, whenever I watched the streams I just couldn't help but feel like the game was stiff.

HoN was a great ****ing game. Very gank oriented, lots of action, good strategy, decent balance and nothing gimmicky like LoL has. But S2 ****ed it up completely by introducing flashy heroes that just look good and are ridiculously overpowered (hello Rhapsody, spellvamp is so LoL-like, and hello Master of Arms, the most op hero ever). S2 is also making the game more and more easymode, so much so that it's pathetic (automatic courier for each team? xD).

I was hoping Dota 2 would be the redemption of this and would be a good game but I'm not holding my breath now. Still gotta wait to actually play it, but I don't have a good feeling.

The only nice thing I saw in DotA 2 is the picking phase interface and system (alternating between bans and picks several times).

I completely disagree with you on graphics part. Sure, it LOOKS different than HoN because of the different animation style. You may not like the art style but the fact is, the graphics themselves are much more advanced than HoN's especially if you pay attention to all the small details put into them. Not to mention the havok engine used in DotA 2 trumps HoN's by a mile.

As for gameplay being "MUCH" slower... how many matches did you actually watch?

Just to clarify though, I'm not saying HoN was always complete ****. It WAS a good game like you said, but in the past few months that game has gone beyond saving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Calvin - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Can't you guys go enroll in a master degree and learn how to write computer games then make your own "best game"?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    drjiggle wrote: »
    PWI basically set you guys up to fail with the way they mismanaged the preliminary tournament. The thing I keep wondering about though is, it seemed like the other teams figured out sooner that assassins were pointless and archers were gold. Why?

Other teams in PWI might've figured this out, but they lost the PvE portion. I'm not saying Sanct would've done better than LC, but Sanct's winning team had 2 archers, 2 clerics, BM and barb. One of their team members had the foresight to specifically point out that sin would be garbage during the 6v6 fight when we were talking about their team makeup.

The Harpy fight was indeed PWI setting them up to fail.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Calvin - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    2EA 2EP 1BM 1Barb sounds scary to me. I would surrender if I have to face them.b:surrender
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    2EA 2EP 1BM 1Barb sounds scary to me. I would surrender if I have to face them.b:surrender

I was actually thinking something like this as well. Except maybe mage or Psy instead of 2nd EA. I said this on another thread I think. With the gear they gave us Barb Armageddon was probably the most dangerous attack with everyone having the same attack lvl and such. Wish we woulda brought an EA would have went better b:sad
    Other teams in PWI might've figured this out, but they lost the PvE portion. I'm not saying Sanct would've done better than LC, but Sanct's winning team had 2 archers, 2 clerics, BM and barb. One of their team members had the foresight to specifically point out that sin would be garbage during the 6v6 fight when we were talking about their team makeup.

The Harpy fight was indeed PWI setting them up to fail.

Funny that you mention this I said this exact same thing in vent right after we lost that if we had had a team build like Sanctuary's we would have done so much better. Only problem is this build was not good enough for the PvE portion.. hope they do things the right way next tournament. The sin's not really garbage unless they make it non APS like they did for PWIC server.. our sin killed 5 out of the 6 members of Instinct's team with APS (only 2.86 non sparked though and he is sage)
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I've always wondered why more teams didn't choose to include a 2nd EP...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]