Pwic Tournament Streamed Live

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The USA tourney was botched by the GMs. Tri Force was likely one of the better teams but I still would have liked to have seen a real tournament similar to what would be encountered in the actual PWIC.

1) Setup a separate server so that teams from different servers can compete directly against eachother.. none of this Harpy killing nonsense
    2) Make a real bracket tournament.. no 4 way FFA BS.
    3) Standardized gear for everyone. The teams with the best gear in the USA tournament enjoyed an advantage they would not have in the real PWIC. Also the PWIC gear had a large impact on class balance with no APS for sin and BM while the arcanes had anti stun weapons.

Added one for ya: ;)

4) A "Spectator Arena" where people could log in just to watch, confined to the grandstands.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Added one for ya: ;)

4) A "Spectator Arena" where people could log in just to watch, confined to the grandstands.

That'd create a lag issue for some, I'm sure.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Am I the only one that's still watching?

I want Russia to win...
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    That'd create a lag issue for some, I'm sure.

No items, no dueling, no customizations, and you can't move from your spot... I'm pretty sure they could accommodate 5000 or more connections on a dedicated server, perhaps a lot more. And of course, spectator data wouldn't even be polled.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    aww i couldnt watch it QQ
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Holy hell

DID ANYONE JUST SEE THAT CHUCK NORRIS VENO FROM RUSSIA LOLWTFBBQ
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    No items, no dueling, no customizations, and you can't move from your spot... I'm pretty sure they could accommodate 5000 or more connections on a dedicated server, perhaps a lot more. And of course, spectator data wouldn't even be polled.

in the video you could see the spectators spawning in with a glowing yellow ball.... then poof... they are gone... They are still there like the gm filming but invisible to everyone else
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Russia lost. :C

Why were they putting Soul of Silence on their veno and cleric, anyways?
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Sunaro - Lost City
    Sunaro - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Russia lost pretty hard, too.
    Zektera - Blademaster
    Djeserit - Assassin
    TranquilSoul - Barbarian
    Torsti - Cleric
    Heartbourne - Seeker
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Who's the drunkard on the phillipines team with the hercules on their veno? b:chuckle
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Sunaro - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Who knows... Made me laugh like hell though.
    Zektera - Blademaster
    Djeserit - Assassin
    TranquilSoul - Barbarian
    Torsti - Cleric
    Heartbourne - Seeker
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    For an international tournament, there sure are a lot of amateur mistakes going on.

Makes it way more entertaining though.

Now we're just missing a physical marrow BM.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Sunaro - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    In a way, I can kind of understand. I mean, they're representing their country in an international tournament, so their nerves are probably getting to them. I know mine would if I were in their place.

That aside, it does indeed make for good entertainment.
    Zektera - Blademaster
    Djeserit - Assassin
    TranquilSoul - Barbarian
    Torsti - Cleric
    Heartbourne - Seeker
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    In a way, I can kind of understand. I mean, they're representing their country in an international tournament, so their nerves are probably getting to them. I know mine would if I were in their place.

That aside, it does indeed make for good entertainment.

I'm sorry, but nerves makes you use hercules instead of a nix for PVP?

No way in HELL. That veno was a straight-up G.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Lololololololollol Brazil vs. China.

I'm assuming that was meant to be the comic relief match. It did not disappoint.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Sunaro - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Well, the hercules thing was a bit ridiculous, I have to admit. xD I was referring more to the mistakes like our Psychic triple sparking. Some of those mistakes could also be due to hitting the wrong hotkey.... It happens to me all the time, especially when I would play in the dark. =/ (Fixed that problem by getting a back-lit keyboard.)
    Zektera - Blademaster
    Djeserit - Assassin
    TranquilSoul - Barbarian
    Torsti - Cleric
    Heartbourne - Seeker
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Well, the hercules thing was a bit ridiculous, I have to admit. xD I was referring more to the mistakes like our Psychic triple sparking. Some of those mistakes could also be due to hitting the wrong hotkey.... It happens to me all the time, especially when I would play in the dark. =/ (Fixed that problem by getting a back-lit keyboard.)

Some other teams had triple sparking Psys too, it's like wtf.

But yeah, that you can blame on nerves. That could be the Psy thinking "it's important we kill someone and I have the best magic DPS" so their nerves make them forget how suicidal that is, they triple spark rambo, then die.

That veno with the herc was just a straight up G though. Wish I could tell if any BMs had physical marrow on, cause at this rate, I'm sure some do.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    is it still going on i cant watch it QQ
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    is it still going on i cant watch it QQ

Yep. Try again:

http://kan.sina.com.cn/wmgj/

Brazil just fought China and failed to get a single kill twice in a row, so that's hysterical.

I also saw the China Psy use Frenzy (genie skill). Y'know.... "ALL my defense in exchange for 20% more damage? SOUNDS LYK UH GRATE DEEL 2 ME!"
    Really??? At this point I'm starting to wonder if I'm a complete idiot who just doesn't get it. We've seen triple sparking Psys, venos with hercs and people actually using Frenzy. I can't say I'd personally recommend any of the three, and yet here they all are in the PWIC tournament.

Also the Chinese have no taste in music.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Sunaro - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    @Longknife: Yeah. Wonder if any of the participants actually had a drink or two before their matches to calm the nerves. And I honestly wouldn't be surprised at some BMs using phy marrow. lol
    Edit: Maybe there's some pvp secret we're all missing here. xD

@SoniMax: It's still streaming on this site for me: http://kan.sina.com.cn/wmgj/
    Edit: Longknife beat me to it.
    Zektera - Blademaster
    Djeserit - Assassin
    TranquilSoul - Barbarian
    Torsti - Cleric
    Heartbourne - Seeker
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I think the Psy did that just because they felt the brazil team was a joke. lol
  • Sunaro - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    also The Chinese Have No Taste In Music.

+1000
    Zektera - Blademaster
    Djeserit - Assassin
    TranquilSoul - Barbarian
    Torsti - Cleric
    Heartbourne - Seeker
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    I think the Psy did that just because they felt the brazil team was a joke. lol

I too, have considered this, because that Brazil team was indeed a joke.

But then the question remains, if you can pick your own gear, refines, shards and genies, why did that Psy give a genie skill slot to Frenzy?
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Sunaro - Lost City
    edited August 2011

But then the question remains, if you can pick your own gear, refines, shards and genies, why did that Psy give a genie skill slot to Frenzy?

Very good point there, I'll have to sleep on that. Time for me to go shower and pass out, gotta be at work in about eight hours. Good luck to the remaining teams and goodnight to the PWI forums.
    Zektera - Blademaster
    Djeserit - Assassin
    TranquilSoul - Barbarian
    Torsti - Cleric
    Heartbourne - Seeker
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    "Schadenfreud: a feeling of pleasure or satisfaction when something bad happens to someone else"

That's what I feel right nowb:laugh It seems the credit cards from Tri-force didn't help at all! But why?! Because in this tournament everyone has access to the same kind of gear! So what make will give to any team the upper hand?! Skill...even if this game is "skill capped" like so people say, the other teams are showing they are more adept at their class.

This is what happens for doing the server tournament the way you did it pwi. Next time make the inter-server tournament just like if it was the world tournament, otherwise you are gonna end up sending noobs cashoppers again.
    b:laughb:bye
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Either it was in anticipation of teams that would be utterly horrible... or the psy may have far less sense than I'm giving credit for. For the sake of my own sanity, I'm going to assume the former. b:surrender
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    Either it was in anticipation of teams that would be utterly horrible... or the psy may have far less sense than I'm giving credit for. For the sake of my own sanity, I'm going to assume the former. b:surrender

Yeah but....

Ok picture you're in the tournament and for whatever reason you REALLY need to use a genie skill. Holy path to kite damage, expel, you wanna stack AD with ironguard; whatever. But instead, you misclick, and hit the skill that reduces your defense to absolute 0 as you stand in a crowd of r9 +12 players.

Like wut da frack. You would want to kill yourself.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Dractonis - Lost City
    Dractonis - Lost City Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Tri-Force doesn't really have any active archers or we would have taken one. .

Hi.

10chars
  • Skilzman - Heavens Tear
    Skilzman - Heavens Tear Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Is the APS nerved at 3.0 or is it 5.0 for this tournament?
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Is the APS nerved at 3.0 or is it 5.0 for this tournament?

Everyone's full rank9, which doesn't have interval (exept for archer and barb, neither of which get fists with rank9)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris