Pwic Tournament Streamed Live

Comments

• Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Anyways, who's left?

China, russia, korea, I know for sure... beyond that I stopped playing attention
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I don't mean to trash talk, infact that's not my intention at all. I don't know these players at all, have no idea how good they are and I'm not going to pretend to know.

But our Psychic triple sparked. I don't think anyone who plays a Psy will disagree with me when I say that's bad. I would hope the guy that did it knows that and agrees with me too. I mean, he died right after he did it.

But sorry if my comments sort of sparked this "like you could do better" discussion. Not what I meant to do.

Anyways, who's left?

What i find weird about it is Cheze is normally a very good player. Ask anyone on LC. They will agree he know's how to play his class. So I'm kind of surprised he was such a let down.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • ObviousAlt - Raging Tide
    ObviousAlt - Raging Tide Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Whatever way the tournament could have been tri force still would have won lol

if it were based off the way this tourney is goin on right now.. they wouldnt.. and probably have a surprise squad winning..
    102 Celestial Demon Archer (2nd Rebirth 102)
    101 Celestial Sage Blademaster (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Sin (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Seeker (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Wiz (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Cleric (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Barb (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Duskblade (2nd Rebirth 101)
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    What i find weird about it is Cheze is normally a very good player. Ask anyone on LC. They will agree he know's how to play his class. So I'm kind of surprised he was such a let down.

Not gonna lie and say we weren't all nervous and then our vent crashing right as match was going to start. Personally I had to move my computer to a friends house due to weather issues and was pretty rattled to begin with. Missed the first hour of our TW vs Vengeful then we thought we were gonna have to leave early from TW so we didn't miss the match and just lots of stress lol. Stress from a video game seems like i need a break. b:shocked

Edit: Also cheze was really our only DD in squad and he got focused hard =/
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Well like I said, I don't know the guy, so I dunno if he's good or not and I have no reason to assume he's trash. I would probably assume nerves got to him and that he probably knows the trip spark wasn't so wise.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Not gonna lie and say we weren't all nervous and then our vent crashing right as match was going to start. Personally I had to move my computer due to weather issues and was pretty rattled to begin with. Missed the first hour of our TW vs Vengeful then we thought we were gonna have to leave early from TW so we didn't miss the match and just lots of stress lol. Stress from a video game seems like i need a break. b:shocked

I can understand that, knowing all the pressure on you guys. Should have seen Lost City world chat. It wasn't pretty. There was a lot of factors involved. Us having poor class's and the other team having better ones. There strategy was pulled off a lot more effectively. But in the end you guys can claim Lost City is still number one baby!
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    What were the classes you guys had?

I saw BM, Barb, Psy, and think I saw veno and sin?
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    if it were based off the way this tourney is goin on right now.. they wouldnt.. and probably have a surprise squad winning..

oh really? lol Tri-Force is pretty the best of the best on Lost City and the tournment pretty much proved that, if you think some pve servers and harshlands can beat them your crazy lol. The whole harpy wraith thing actually gave the other servers a better chance at winning the whole thing
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    edited August 2011

If i remember correctly BM - Nykage
    Psy- ezehc
    Sin - Quickclaw
    Barb - Susamaji
    Veno - Spiffany
    Cleric - Fisga
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    edited August 2011

BM, Barb, Psy, Veno, Sin, EP and our alternate was another veno.

We could have definitely used an archer for sure, hell we coulda used 2 archers and had me as the alternate because you were allowed to get buffs from your alternate even though he wasn't in squad.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    edited August 2011

We could have definitely used an archer for sure, hell we coulda used 2 archers and had me as the alternate because you were allowed to get buffs from your alternate even though he wasn't in squad.

Archer's pretty much were the make or break in most matches.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    This just makes me want to see Tri-Force vs. Catalyst.

Anyway, I guess I'll start rooting for the Russian team or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The USA tourney was botched by the GMs. Tri Force was likely one of the better teams but I still would have liked to have seen a real tournament similar to what would be encountered in the actual PWIC.

1) Setup a separate server so that teams from different servers can compete directly against eachother.. none of this Harpy killing nonsense
    2) Make a real bracket tournament.. no 4 way FFA BS.
    3) Standardized gear for everyone. The teams with the best gear in the USA tournament enjoyed an advantage they would not have in the real PWIC. Also the PWIC gear had a large impact on class balance with no APS for sin and BM while the arcanes had anti stun weapons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    The USA tourney was botched by the GMs. Tri Force was likely one of the better teams but I still would have liked to have seen a real tournament similar to what would be encountered in the actual PWIC.

1) Setup a separate server so that teams from different servers can compete directly against eachother.. none of this Harpy killing nonsense
    3) Standardized gear for everyone. The teams with the best gear in the USA tournament enjoyed an advantage they would not have in the real PWIC. Also the PWIC gear had a large impact on class balance with no APS for sin and BM while the arcanes had anti stun weapons.

I agree and now that the PWIC Server is set up maybe for the next tournament they will do this.
    And yeah that purify spell on the magic weapons was total bullshet.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
    edited August 2011
    oh really? lol Tri-Force is pretty the best of the best on Lost City and the tournment pretty much proved that, if you think some pve servers and harshlands can beat them your crazy lol. The whole harpy wraith thing actually gave the other servers a better chance at winning the whole thing

like i said.. if our North american tourney went like this one goin on now.. That has no aps.. and r9 +12 for everyone.. and probably more squads instead of the 6-8 from each server that actually got to participate.. there would be a surprise squad winning...
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    This just makes me want to see Tri-Force vs. Catalyst.

**** Catalyst, Tri-Force vs. Tunnel Snakes.
    Harshlands should fund my r9, ijs. b:cool
    And give us a TW guild so we qualify to begin with lololololll.

Pr0.

No wonder.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Danteii - Lost City
    Danteii - Lost City Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I hate to I told ya so.. ohh wait never mind I love saying that.

I TOLD YOU SO.
    I TOLD YOU SO.
    I TOLD YOU SO.
    I TOLD YOU SO.

qft b:bye
    I am Liam Neeson, you may remember me in such films as I will find you and I will kill you. b:pleased
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Completely agree.

Had PWI done this from the start, we'd have probably seen a much better line up overall, or at the very least, made sure the winning team had a very good idea of what can make or break it.

Hopefully next time something like this happens, PWI will actually do this.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited August 2011

He meant that the PWIC server had all equal gears and that he believes that if the competitors that fought for the chance to go there had also had equal gears when they fought then he believes the winners would have been different. I personally agree with that notion, but it is an opinion not a fact.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    like i said.. if our North american tourney went like this one goin on now.. That has no aps.. and r9 +12 for everyone.. and probably more squads instead of the 6-8 from each server that actually got to participate.. there would be a surprise squad winning...

Still would come down to the pvp servers, even if that happened I still couldnt see the pve servers winning
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    Completely agree.

Had PWI done this from the start, we'd have probably seen a much better line up overall, or at the very least, made sure the winning team had a very good idea of what can make or break it.

Hopefully next time something like this happens, PWI will actually do this.

The problem is the GMs don't get paid to discourage cash shop sales. xP
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited August 2011
    Still would come down to the pvp servers, even if that happened I still couldnt see the pve servers winning

i never said anything about the PvE servers
  • truekossy
    edited August 2011

Touche, master of the tunnel snakes. b:surrender
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011

While this is true... somehow all the other versions were able to conduct their local tournament properly. Why was PWI's so fail?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • truekossy
    edited August 2011
    While this is true... somehow all the other versions were able to conduct their local tournament properly. Why was PWI's so fail?

Remember, Ast... this IS PWI you're talking about here. We kinda have a low amount of faith in them for a reason. b:surrender
    edited August 2011

They couldnt see their PCs because of all the piles of cash the players keep throwing in front of them
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited August 2011

Because I dunno if you've noticed this, but the US seems to be a country crawling with greed and a focus on profit and nothing but. I mean ffs, do you guys have healthcare yet? Blame the culture imo, not the GMs specifically.

And on another note, anyone hear that weird-*** slow dance version of Poker Face five minutes ago?

The Chinese sure have a weird taste in music....
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Is dat sum russia vs. Korea right now?
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Completely agreed, our good for nothing staff rushed a tourney to find a team the fastest as possible, we obviously needed more experience that only a longer tourney with standard gear and the exact same rules as PWIC, would have provided.

I'm so sad... they literally swept us...
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Yaaaaay MOTHER RUSSIA WON AGAIN! b:cool
    I <3 AGOREY