Claw sin

Options
MissTriss - Harshlands
MissTriss - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Assassin
Kay, So I never really understood why so many sin went to claws to get there 5 aps. So, for agrument sake, I did this.

2.86 APS Sparked R8 dagger sin-> http://pwcalc.com/cc98f5d36a6a3c86

5.00 APS Sparked Lunar claw sin-> http://pwcalc.com/3052838252e615ac

Now.. DPS VS APS.

2.86 Daggers sin. 15886+22916 = 38802 /2 =19401 * 2.86= 55486.86

5.00 Claw sin. 10489+11738 = 22227 /2 =11113.5 * 5.00 = 55567.5

Do I even need to explain? The damage is less then 100 per second more.

Get you heads out of your *****, and see that 5.00 with claws, is not the way to go. And for what? To say you're 5 APS?

Not to meantion the 9% crit difference.

I don't care if your 5 APS, 4 APS, 2 APS.. just use fkn daggers. -.-

b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry

Triss out.
Post edited by MissTriss - Harshlands on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Well yes.

Some people use claws for a few reasons:
    1. "To get into high aps squads" <- They won't
    2. "So that I can permaspark without skills" <- Lazy
    3. "Because I have a +10 Deicide from my BM/Barb/Archer" <- Well then use that to farm for the sin?

And yes, people still haven't quite realized that a Sage sin with R9 will have as low as 2.86 aps. Once people realize that, the whole high-aps thing should go down from 4-5 to 2.86. Because no one in their right mind would take a 5.0 bm over a 2.86 aps R9.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • MissTriss - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Its all a bunch of laziness. If I see a claw sin any my nirvana squad.. they get 1 run if they already used the key before I saw. I will not take you.. ever. Because your damage suuucks.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Its all a bunch of laziness. If I see a claw sin any my nirvana squad.. they get 1 run if they already used the key before I saw. I will not take you.. ever. Because your damage suuucks.

Well, yes. A clawsin will have a damage inferior to a dagger sin, but they will have a damage similar to a clawarcher. So if you take a clawarcher, you'd be hypocritical to not bring a clawsin.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • MissTriss - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I don't take a claw archer. Lol. There are a lot of 4-5 APS sins/BM's that I can get something better then a clawsin, or a clawarcher.

*Note* ive run with claw archer's and claw sins. But I dont make those squads*
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yay more anti aps rhetoric... Keep it up and spread the wordb:victory

After reading what some of the people put on here and looking it up myself (math makes my head hurt)

Why did I ever think going for all aps was a good ideab:chuckle

The funny thing is I tried to explain some of this in game and people just look at me like I'm stupid....

Last night was talking to a barb who thought he only had to get 275 str for his end game... I told him he needed 305 for nirvana axes and he promptly started asking for reset notes.

Had a claw wiz on the other day (don't ask) and he said he could do more dmg with the claws than he could with mag (I give up at this point)

Had a claw archer talk to me on my archer... said his 5 aps would kill me in 2 seconds... I said ok duel one shot.... Wow what happened to your 2 secondsb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Well yes.

Some people use claws for a few reasons:
    1. "To get into high aps squads" <- They won't
    2. "So that I can permaspark without skills" <- Lazy
    3. "Because I have a +10 Deicide from my BM/Barb/Archer" <- Well then use that to farm for the sin?

And yes, people still haven't quite realized that a Sage sin with R9 will have as low as 2.86 aps. Once people realize that, the whole high-aps thing should go down from 4-5 to 2.86. Because no one in their right mind would take a 5.0 bm over a 2.86 aps R9.

Expanding on number two is easy resparking to heal. Less then 4.0 you would obviously have to use a skill which takes much longer then being able to just respark right away for more heals. That does make solo'ing things much easier (not that you couldn't solo otherwise).
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • MissTriss - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yay more anti aps rhetoric... Keep it up and spread the wordb:victory

After reading what some of the people put on here and looking it up myself (math makes my head hurt)

Why did I ever think going for all aps was a good ideab:chuckle

The funny thing is I tried to explain some of this in game and people just look at me like I'm stupid....

Last night was talking to a barb who thought he only had to get 275 str for his end game... I told him he needed 305 for nirvana axes and he promptly started asking for reset notes.

Had a claw wiz on the other day (don't ask) and he said he could do more dmg with the claws than he could with mag (I give up at this point)

Had a claw archer talk to me on my archer... said his 5 aps would kill me in 2 seconds... I said ok duel one shot.... Wow what happened to your 2 secondsb:bye

O...o Weird ****.

All I have to say is, perma spark isnt everything. And as a sin, its simple to get your chi back. I can stay nearly perma sparked (Maybe a 1-2 second gap) on my psychic without using a chi pot.. for 2-3 sparks. Between a high regen genie, and master li's.

However, the point here is not that 2.86 is better. But that cheating your 5.00 with claws, is stupid. Because I have had far too many claw sins try and tell me that there 5.00 with claws is more damage then if they were using there daggers at 2.86. Which is not true.

Thats in mind, I have one other pet pev when it comes to sins. And thats the claw sin in HA armor.. or even the daggers sin in HA armor. I use +11 Hitman Legends daggers. I used an eye of observation on a HA armor sin with +12 R9 daggers.. and are damage range.. was the same. and she was i believe 3.33 sparked. So.. shes not perma sparked, and her damage isnt better then mine. And her M def was lower then mine by miles. And she only had a little bit more P def then me. (She wore the R9 Belt, with the Ashura's necklace) I dont see how that build is better for farming. o..O
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Thats in mind, I have one other pet pev when it comes to sins. And thats the claw sin in HA armor.. or even the daggers sin in HA armor. I use +11 Hitman Legends daggers. I used an eye of observation on a HA armor sin with +12 R9 daggers.. and are damage range.. was the same. and she was i believe 3.33 sparked. So.. shes not perma sparked, and her damage isnt better then mine. And her M def was lower then mine by miles. And she only had a little bit more P def then me. (She wore the R9 Belt, with the Ashura's necklace) I dont see how that build is better for farming. o..O

... Sounds like someone already had a BM. Because BMs are the only people who use Ashura ornaments and HA.

Could be that they initially intended for their sin to be a farming alt, then kinda got hooked on the high damage, ended up buying R9 and is now too busy complaining that the game is too easy to actually get LA armors.
    Expanding on number two is easy resparking to heal. Less then 4.0 you would obviously have to use a skill which takes much longer then being able to just respark right away for more heals. That does make solo'ing things much easier (not that you couldn't solo otherwise).

The heal is useful, yes. But if you need the heal to stay alive, you're doing something very, very wrong.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ... Sounds like someone already had a BM. Because BMs are the only people who use Ashura ornaments and HA.

Could be that they initially intended for their sin to be a farming alt, then kinda got hooked on the high damage, ended up buying R9 and is now too busy complaining that the game is too easy to actually get LA armors.

The heal is useful, yes. But if you need the heal to stay alive, you're doing something very, very wrong.

Spark Healing, being able to time spark to avoid certain TT boss attacks, and purging from spark can be very, very crucial.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I don't see any reason for a sin to use claws/fists either. Anything you aim for can be done better and just as easily with daggers. I even consider them less then a claw-archer, because they can always use bows, and when you kill in 1 spark bows are very powerfull (not to mention they are great when killing the chicken).

I wouldn't refuse a clawsin though, I don't really do classdiscrimination. I don't squad with ppl for their class/gear.
    Spark Healing, being able to time spark to avoid certain TT boss attacks, and purging from spark can be very, very crucial on the bosses where you need to use skills anyway.

You forgot a litte part. The need for aps to solo something is more a myth then a necissity. The real need is dps for bp heals, since you will hit faster then the boss anyway. Hard bosses will make ribstrike and sleep/seal/stun, forcing you to use chi skills. Best example would be r9, though I know you don't agree, I don't know anyone who leaves r9 daggers at the safe when soloing TT.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

Please don't spread this rumor. LA ornies on any class is horrid and a BM can get thousands more pdef and higher mdef by using an LA armor piece and an HA ornament. The reason some don't is because HA refines better than LA and they don't want to trade 2k pdef and 300 more mdef for the 200 extra hp they get from refining HA instead of LA. Clawbarbs I can kind of see using LA ornies because they get more hp from hp multipliers like barb buff and tiger form, and already have 20k pdef easily in tiger form.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Please don't spread this rumor. LA ornies on any class is horrid and a BM can get thousands more pdef and higher mdef by using an LA armor piece and an HA ornament. The reason some don't is because HA refines better than LA and they don't want to trade 2k pdef and 300 more mdef for the 200 extra hp they get from refining HA instead of LA. Clawbarbs I can kind of see using LA ornies because they get more hp from hp multipliers like barb buff and tiger form, and already have 20k pdef easily in tiger form.

Oh, I don't. In fact, I talked my friend into going LA wrist and boots instead of LA ornaments. Because the only use of LA ornaments is to get you 5 aps before you can afford a tome and leggings. After that, they're just a waste of space.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Oh, I don't. In fact, I talked my friend into going LA wrist and boots instead of LA ornaments. Because the only use of LA ornaments is to get you 5 aps before you can afford a tome and leggings. After that, they're just a waste of space.

True enough, and even after that 4 aps base is pretty sexy, or 5 with only1 x -.05 on G15 claws (not an option without LA pieces).
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • BelleNa - Harshlands
    BelleNa - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    O...o Weird ****.

All I have to say is, perma spark isnt everything. And as a sin, its simple to get your chi back. I can stay nearly perma sparked (Maybe a 1-2 second gap) on my psychic without using a chi pot.. for 2-3 sparks. Between a high regen genie, and master li's.

However, the point here is not that 2.86 is better. But that cheating your 5.00 with claws, is stupid. Because I have had far too many claw sins try and tell me that there 5.00 with claws is more damage then if they were using there daggers at 2.86. Which is not true.

there is only 1 ha +12 r9 in hl which is my sin and my triple at 24k which is u cant reached that far with ur nab legend daggers +11 and i can zerk while u cant i dont wear any la pieces like u said! my mag resis 9k and u have 3k, my unbuffed hp more than u with sage buff, and the other ha who sit on ur spot is wearing 2 la for not having tome that the same shet as u r with stats and he aint +12 quit lying by things bigger than it most be, i agree la deal more if they are using same gears but ha got so much more stats at
    least i can solo 3-2 3-3 while u cant even full buffed. get back to your sense kid

why do i wear ha? becos i dont like to got 1 hit in pvp wearing la as it happen to me from
    +10 r8 wiz and with ha r9 wiz cant 1 hit me ty.

seriously dont compare ur self with the one who sit on ur spot omerta sin he is incomplete by wearing 2 la no gems not even +10 all silly!
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    @BelleNa I'd prefer English please.

I know you're bashing the OP, but I'm not quite sure what you're really talking about because all I can see is one huge run-on sentence.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options

I know you're bashing the OP, but I'm not quite sure what you're really talking about because all I can see is one huge run-on sentence.

Apparently Belle got wasted by an R9 wiz and decided to make a HA sin for that to not happen again.

I just don't see how that's supposed to work, considering that HA has bad mag def. Not to mention that being R9 and full HA means you're stuck at 2 aps forever. Which is a major waste of a perfectly good R9.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yeah... I can't understand most of what is being said in the beginning, but the part that I do understand is below:
    why do i wear ha? becos i dont like to got 1 hit in pvp wearing la as it happen to me from
    +10 r8 wiz and with ha r9 wiz cant 1 hit me ty.

And I can't quite compute how being full HA r9 sin makes you stronger against a +10 r8 wiz.

*Shrugs*
  • BelleNa - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Apparently Belle got wasted by an R9 wiz and decided to make a HA sin for that to not happen again.

I just don't see how that's supposed to work, considering that HA has bad mag def. Not to mention that being R9 and full HA means you're stuck at 2 aps forever. Which is a major
    waste of a perfectly good R9.

use pcalc and see if ha got lower mag resis or not equip r9 belt and cube element like mine and i can kill r9 archers sparkless bring one to waste gate and pm SinsSoul to see if i can or i cant +12 full jad
  • BelleNa - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Options

I know you're bashing the OP, but I'm not quite sure what you're really talking about because
    all I can see is one huge run-on sentence.

get out from my point then it is better than being an *** ty
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I think BelleNa is speaking in the pure dialect of troll, which is most likely why I can't understand her completely.

And I'm 100% positive the OP wasn't talking about the PvP aspects of what she was talking about, which is a claw sin vs R8.

Also, you were the first to be an *** before me.

And, I'm pretty sure this beats your HA sin.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options
    use pcalc and see if ha got lower mag resis or not equip r9 belt and cube element like mine and i can kill r9 archers sparkless bring one to waste gate and pm SinsSoul to see if i can or i cant +12 full jad

I don't need to use PWCalc for that. LA has higher Mag defense than HA as long as their grade is the same. The only advantage HA has over LA in terms of taking magic damage is the higher life you get from refines.

But if you're in so much doubt, here's something for you:
    HA Sin with 5251 mag res
    LA Sin with 6411 mag res

You take notice that the only changes I made were:
    1. TT99 Chest -> Rank 8 chest
    2. Event boots -> TT99 boots
    3. HA Nirvana -> LA Nirvana
    4. HA TT99 -> LA TT99

Also, you'd notice that the HA sin has 11,498 HP whereas the LA sin has 9,740. The HA sin has an average DPS of 42,785 whereas the LA sin has 69,437.

Also, before you come in and make me re-do that with Lunar Nirvana because you think TT Nirvana is ****, I'll let you know that Lunar LA Nirvana still has more MDef than Lunar HA Nirvana. Also, changing the chestplate to Nirvana and the boots to TT99 won't magically get you 1,200 mag res. In fact, it will get you -64 Mag res. Lunar HA Nirvana won't fix that.
  • BelleNa - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I think BelleNa is speaking in the pure dialect of troll, which is most likely why I can't understand her completely.

And I'm 100% positive the OP wasn't talking about the PvP aspects of what she was talking about, which is a claw sin vs R8.

Also, you were the first to be an *** before me.

And, I'm pretty sure this beats your HA sin.

im replying to MissTriss becos there is no another ha r9 +12 in hl this is a personally reply more than i give a **** to detials

do u know where is MissTriss's spot to afk at? do u know who is the other sin i was talking about? ometra one? u got nothing to understand from it and i reply for r9 +12 part the compare and not to your silly things just get out from it
  • BelleNa - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I don't need to use PWCalc for that. LA has higher Mag defense than HA as long as their grade is the same. The only advantage HA has over LA in terms of taking magic damage is the higher life you get from refines.

But if you're in so much doubt, here's something for you:
    HA Sin with 5251 mag res
    LA Sin with 6411 mag res

You take notice that the only changes I made were:
    1. TT99 Chest -> Rank 8 chest
    2. Event boots -> TT99 boots
    3. HA Nirvana -> LA Nirvana
    4. HA TT99 -> LA TT99

Also, you'd notice that the HA sin has 11,498 HP whereas the LA sin has 9,740. The HA sin has an average DPS of 42,785 whereas the LA sin has 69,437.

Also, before you come in and make me re-do that with Lunar Nirvana because you think TT Nirvana is ****, I'll let you know that Lunar LA Nirvana still has more MDef than Lunar HA Nirvana. Also, changing the chestplate to Nirvana and the boots to TT99 won't magically get you 1,200 mag res. In fact, it will get you -64 Mag res. Lunar HA Nirvana won't fix that.

MissTriss wearing ha neck and belt pure dex from where she can have 6k ?? dont get out from what she compare *herself with ha r9 +12* which is only me in server

+1 i dont use ha chest
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options
    MissTriss wearing ha neck and belt pure dex from where she can have 6k ?? dont get out from what she compare *herself with ha r9 +12* which is only me in server

A +10 G16 Cube necklace gives you 1,171 Mag Def. Reduce that from 6,411 and you're down to a bit less than 5,251. But the cost of the G16 would cover a +11 on the ring, which in turn would get you an additional 181 mag res, which would bring the LA sin over the HA sin at 5,251 vs 5,421.
    +1 i dont use ha chest

A full HA sin that does not use a HA chest? How the hell does that work?

And in case you're wondering, just maybe that could be the reason why you have good mag res? You're using a mag red necklace instead of a pdef one and you're using an LA chest.

Ocean Supreme Armor (That's R8 for sin if you don't know) has 485 more mag res than TT99 HA chest. Oh and btw, if you had all the same ornaments, that still wouldn't mean a HA sin would have more mag def than an LA sin.

Oh and please stop wasting my time on disproving you in a case-by-case basis, that's rather redundant, repeatitive and boring. Fact is that HA has less Mag def than LA. Obviously, if you put on G16 mag def Cube necklace and G16 Warsong belt and compare those to TT99 HA ornaments, you'll have higher defenses overall.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Even if you "are the only HA r9+12 sin" on HL, that doesn't really entitle you to be a very arrogant person about it.

I'm R9 +12 on my server, and I actually want to help out people, unlike you, who mocks and jeers at weaker sins in their server. Even if it's a personal attack, do that in a private message, because posting it here allows everyone to see and read it, and if you want us to "get out" of it all, then stick to PMs.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Even if you "are the only HA r9+12 sin" on HL, that doesn't really entitle you to be a very arrogant person about it.

I'm R9 +12 on my server, and I actually want to help out people, unlike you, who mocks and jeers at weaker sins in their server. Even if it's a personal attack, do that in a private message, because posting it here allows everyone to see and read it, and if you want us to "get out" of it all, then stick to PMs.

Oh come on Skai, if I succeed at making this guy admit that he's wrong and quietly disappear forever, that'll be worth the trouble.

That or he will explode in a rage saying something about how me being right is irrelevant to his point about how the OP is a bad sin. Which would be even funnier, considering that the original point of the thread was regarding claw sins and not HA sins. And that the OP's personal achievements do not change facts about HA and LA.
  • BelleNa - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Options
    A +10 G16 Cube necklace gives you 1,171 Mag Def. Reduce that from 6,411 and you're down to a bit less than 5,251. But the cost of the G16 would cover a +11 on the ring, which in turn would get you an additional 181 mag res, which would bring the LA sin over the HA sin at 5,251 vs 5,421.

A full HA sin that does not use a HA chest? How the hell does that work?

And in case you're wondering, just maybe that could be the reason why you have good mag res? You're using a mag red necklace instead of a pdef one and you're using an LA chest.

Ocean Supreme Armor (That's R8 for sin if you don't know) has 485 more mag res than TT99 HA chest. Oh and btw, if you had all the same ornaments, that still wouldn't mean a HA sin would have more mag def than an LA sin.

Oh and please stop wasting my time on disproving you in a case-by-case basis, that's rather redundant, repeatitive and boring. Fact is that HA has less Mag def than LA. Obviously, if you put on G16 mag def Cube necklace and G16 Warsong belt and compare those to TT99 HA ornaments, you'll have higher defenses overall.

yeah i use r8 chest is there any problem? and i dont see where is your point for the compare *miss* talked about but ty for ur non sense
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Oh come on Skai, if I succeed at making this guy admit that he's wrong and quietly disappear forever, that'll be worth the trouble.

That or he will explode in a rage saying something about how me being right is irrelevant to his point about how the OP is a bad sin. Which would be even funnier, considering that the original point of the thread was regarding claw sins and not HA sins. And that the OP's personal achievements do not change facts about HA and LA.

When it comes to flaming on the sin forums, I get srs!

I really can't quite understand the intent of his replies though. Are they attacking.. us? The OP? HA users? LA users? ???
  • BelleNa - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Options

same shet to u i wonder who talked about ur r9 and what kind of u helping ppl or whatever u do anyway im out of this. u two just a way more nabs to chat with, im tired of getting you to back to the main point for what im replying for which is the compare between me and her, gl with all ur non sense cya
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yeah i use r8 chest is there any problem? and i dont see where is your point for the compare *miss* talked about but ty for ur non sense

Well, let's see.

Firstly, you said that you're an HA sin. Under normal human standards, that'd probably mean that you're not using LA. Last time I checked my archer, Rank 8 armor was LA. Now, if you can take this massive leap of logic I'm making, I'd say that it's normal to assume that an HA sin would not have an LA armor on them.

Secondly, even if you did have LA armor on, I already pointed out that it still would not make HA superior to LA. At best, you'd get equal mag defense with a higher pdef, assuming that you were comparing a setup where each setup was using highest grade ornaments to compliment their weaker defenses. If you don't understand what that means, it means that HA uses Mag def ornaments and LA uses Pdef ornaments.

Thirdly, none of this has anything at all to do with the OP. The OP made a valid point that claws suck. The OP also later made a valid point that HA sins suck. Both are true. However, you, as an owner of an HA sin, somehow got offended by the notion that your sin would suck. You then proceeded to personally assault the OP because you have personal issues with being wrong, even if you know that you're wrong. Then me and a few other crusaders of truth and facts rushed in and you proceeded to personally assault us too, because you still couldn't handle being told that you're doing something wrong.

Worry not, being angry at other people because you have issues with being wrong and being told that you're wrong is perfectly normal. Granted, most people would think that it's foolish and childish, but trust me, I personally believe that it's normal, even if it's for a grown adult. Because hey, I've already lost almost all hope in humanity so finding my opinion validated by the likes of you is actually kinda cool. Because hey, that means that I am right and that makes me feel good. Good and confident in my resolution.