Selling Accounts in PW??

Ellisandro - Archosaur
Ellisandro - Archosaur Posts: 136 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
It's my understanding that selling accounts (for real life or ingame monies) in Perfect World is against the TOS. Yet, nearly every day, I see people selling accounts with ranked out top level characters advertising over and over again in world chat (I'm guessing they keep it up until they make the sale)

Although I would never buy (or sell) an account even if it was 'okay' this bugs me. Why make a rule that isn't enforced?? And the in-game GM button is bogus so don't recommend it. It says "I'm stuck" and you can't change the message. Tell me, who's going to bother screen-shotting and submitting a support ticket to narc out a fellow gamer when it's obvious nothing's being done about it??

It reminds me of the parent who threatens a child a hundred times with sitting in the car if s/he doesn't stop misbehaving in a restaurant. But then is too lazy to step away from their meal to stand outside the car while this scary yet safe punishment is dealt out.

A rule that's unenforced is worse than none at all, in my opinion. Because, like the lazy parent, you're just proving you're a push-over. And internet gamers (even the 'adult' ones), much like the unpunished child will take full and immediate advantage.

Wouldn't it be wise for GM's to take, if not a more active role, than a more visible role inside your game world?? Would you leave those small children alone in the house to do whatever they please, knowing full well they won't ever be punished for it?? Really, Perfect World has become more and more like being seated at the table next to the lazy parent and the child certain that no punishment will ever come of their actions.

Cheers.
Post edited by Ellisandro - Archosaur on

Comments

• Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur
    Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    It's my understanding that selling accounts (for real life or ingame monies) in Perfect World is against the TOS. Yet, nearly every day, I see people selling accounts with ranked out top level characters advertising over and over again in world chat (I'm guessing they keep it up until they make the sale)

Although I would never buy (or sell) an account even if it was 'okay' this bugs me. Why make a rule that isn't enforced?? And the in-game GM button is bogus so don't recommend it. It says "I'm stuck" and you can't change the message. Tell me, who's going to bother screen-shotting and submitting a support ticket to narc out a fellow gamer when it's obvious nothing's being done about it??

It reminds me of the parent who threatens a child a hundred times with sitting in the car if s/he doesn't stop misbehaving in a restaurant. But then is too lazy to step away from their meal to stand outside the car while this scary yet safe punishment is dealt out.

A rule that's unenforced is worse than none at all, in my opinion. Because, like the lazy parent, you're just proving you're a push-over. And internet gamers (even the 'adult' ones), much like the unpunished child will take full and immediate advantage.

Wouldn't it be wise for GM's to take, if not a more active role, than a more visible role inside your game world?? Would you leave those small children alone in the house to do whatever they please, knowing full well they won't ever be punished for it?? Really, Perfect World has become more and more like being seated at the table next to the lazy parent and the child certain that no punishment will ever come of their actions.

Cheers.

then just don't buy those accounts
    End
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    then just don't buy those accounts
    End

Please it it all before replying b:shutup

Cheers.

"Although I would never buy (or sell) an account even if it was 'okay' this bugs me..."
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    here is the problem, pwi text is not text, it's graphic. If it was text you could select it and do copy paste like I saw in other games. In order for the game to report autonaticly this behavior it would need a picture analyzer and or some kind of serve log to scan. Or pay someone to read the wc 24/7. Since developing new program is time consuming and takes money, I don't see PWI cutting it's profit for a few rare player.

My recommendation is,

1- If you feel concern, do your duty, SS and submit a ticket. Even ask the player the names etc, make it look like your interested to get the info.

2- click in the game menu option, under guild chat turn WC off, and just use Guild chat.

3- format c:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    how do you submit a screenshot?? they're power leveling a character and then selling the account for real life money, none of which you're getting. at this point i'll just say nevermind, i guess. why should i care if no one else does??
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2011
    If you do get the screenie and submit it, they will likely get an IP ban. Ask ~removed~ sometime, he knows all about that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Account sharing is again t the TOS and you will be banned for it.

If you see any people doing this, take a screenshot and submit a ticket like others have suggested here.

b:cute
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Cheers.

It's not that the players don't care (because trust me, they do), it's that the company behind this game doesn't care. Take a look at all the level 105's on the game now, thanks to a glitch. It's been the "highest priority" in the universe to get it fixed, according to Perfect World Entertainment. The glitch has been known and abused for months now, without a fix. If caught, players get a three day ban. Verified by about 20 people that have been banned.

Want fairness and justice? Private servers for the win... Or another game company, entirely.
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Didn't you hear, you can do Anything against the TOS with no ban!

By golly, just look at the lvl rankings page!

So I'd suggest, sell/buy all the accounts you'd like!:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    close ffb:laugh

or make it a instance like nirvana with a key type..now that would be good..and then perhaps bring back the drops..and lvl 75 cap..yep would work wonders
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Cadeal - Dreamweaver
    Cadeal - Dreamweaver Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Cheers.

Yes it's bannable, no the GM's wont take a more active roll in policing the game because they don't get payed to do it... come to think of it I don't think they get payed at all. They could care less if you see someone selling an account because they have about 30 seconds a week of face time of inter-game experience.

Another reason they wont do anything about it is because it still makes the company money if "their property" is sold to another client. One person tires of the rat race, sells the account, another person buys it, and continues the saga of (insert username here).

Honestly though it would make them more money if they enforced it, due to the fact that people are voiding their copyright laws and could easily sue each of these avatar sellers for close to the value of the server itself, though they never will.
  • YouriNishi - Raging Tide
    YouriNishi - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Account sharing is again t the TOS and you will be banned for it.

If you see any people doing this, take a screenshot and submit a ticket like others have suggested here.

b:cute

i'll just disagree with that... Having filed tickets its load of BS...
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I would say that about the time slightly after tideborn were release gms don't have much presence in the game.
    I have seriously seen gms get onto players for cursing in wc, that was several years back mind you, now its common everyday stuff to see sex talk etc.

Since they choose not to enfore the dragoon glitch which levels people to 105, there seems to be a rash of rule breaking going on as players realize there is no enforement, as they are leavingit up to players to tell on each other...
    The rebirth glitch which allows you to kill only the bosses......
    The gold sellers spaming chat all day.....
    The trade,duper/ scammer deal...

the lists just keeps getting longer.
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    and people leaving because of it. there's tons of games out there now.. b:sad

i really feel sorry for any who haven't glitched and cheated a character up to an uber high level. when people say gratz in wc, i want to come on and say "gratz for cheating, very impressive NOT.." b:surrender
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Ok so let me see if i got this straight...

a) a new 'exploit' has been discovered that allows players to power level to 105 in an incredibly short amount of time..

b) thanks to said exploit, gold seller type organizations like those found spamming quite often in a certain $15 a month mmo's trade channel, are now spamming WC and such, "selling" said accounts...

wow, i leave for a while to play a recently re-released game which i shall not name (obv) and while randomly lurking forums i discover the so-called perfect world has now gone to * expletive* while i was away..

So tell me pwi, how long do you think it'll be until this game goes the way of the other with constant account hacking thefts and making pwi implement a security key keychain type system like so many other games have ended up.. this isnt a little exploit like the one where venos can pet-pull the boss from a certain instance through the door and skip the switch room.. which i believe has yet to be fixed, or where ranged arial attacks on a melee-only ground mob boss result in an easy though time consuming kill.. this is HUGE, might wanna fix this exploit asap! before perfect world becomes perfect heck..

as for dealing with the sellers, possibly recode the launcher to log all accounts the user logs in to and when it gets up near, say, 5, it triggers a "patch" which actually sends a redflag type message to gm's/devs. or, better yet, impliment a login dialog on the launcher where you login with your main/forum/coreconnect account, then once the client is launched you can login with whatever sub/secondary account you wish, but it will be linked to the main login (which has the added advantage for multi-clienters of having the groundwork laid for implimenting a drop menu selector for logging into your other accounts) and set off another red flag if a sub account suddenly switches owners.
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    tyvm SugarPrinces. you've said what i've failed to. i've spent too much time (and money) to just sit and watch it circle the drain.. b:cry
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    and people leaving because of it. there's tons of games out there now.. b:sad

i really feel sorry for any who haven't glitched and cheated a character up to an uber high level. when people say gratz in wc, i want to come on and say "gratz for cheating, very impressive NOT.." b:surrender

There is alot of Peer Pressure -TO- do these things... and if you speak out against them, well expect a BIG backlash....

You know, for anyone buying an account, you have no idea how often it comes across Open Chat, Guild Chat and even WC that so-n-so has a new owner. So people do know... even if you did not tell anyone, the seller... did.

The thing that bothers me most is the scamming. People are desperate to keep up with the rest and scam, steal, and just do anything to get ahead and stay in that race. When you hit your lvl 90's and see that 99 gear - well its painful. And you suddenly find out, everyone has packed together in fixed teams and if you dont have a farming team - your pretty much fked.

People need to breath.... form the mindset that they don't got to be like A-B-C and D. Just be themselves... and if they get pked.. well free teleporter back to down to unload what they farmed. Pked in TW over and over - well atleast they slowed down the ones that killed em....

Just play to have fun... don't take it too serious and hang out with your friends, farm with them and focus on one thing you might want in the game and farm for it or budget for it out of your allowance.

Just don't let the 'GOT TO HAVE NOWWWWW' bug bite you.. k.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    People get banned for account selling every day, whether they are advertising in-game or elsewhere. To report them, please submit a ticket here:

http://support.perfectworld.com/

Thanks.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011

People need to breath.... form the mindset that they don't got to be like A-B-C and D. Just be themselves... and if they get pked.. well free teleporter back to down to unload what they farmed. Pked in TW over and over - well atleast they slowed down the ones that killed em....

Just play to have fun... don't take it too serious and hang out with your friends, farm with them and focus on one thing you might want in the game and farm for it or budget for it out of your allowance.

Just don't let the 'GOT TO HAVE NOWWWWW' bug bite you.. k.

It is a deadly disease b:chuckle

Anyway are this the " slowly kill the game " or " the game kill itself " plan ? And huge grand sales before sudden closing announcement ? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
    edited August 2011
    People get banned for account selling every day, whether they are advertising in-game or elsewhere. To report them, please submit a ticket here:

http://support.perfectworld.com/

Thanks.

Frankie, whats reporting gonna do aside from filling up you gm's inbox's and giving you a crapload more work to do? heres a fairly little well known fact for ya, most gold seller type websites like the ones that are spamming WC and wasting tele's are run by Chinese prisons and the inmates are the employees, who sit at a computer 19 hours a day on whatever games are popular and just farm farm farm farm all day long, they have the technology and resources to get a completely new batch of ip addresses every 5 minutes, create temporary email addresses with which to register new accounts, and random name generator programs with which to create random characters to do nothing but spam and farm with, they use TOR type proxy networks to get north american based ip addresses (google it, theres an article somewhere about a prison getting sued or something for this) and be fairly hard to traceroute and perma-ban. if things get out of control, there may be no other choice BUT to implement something into the client itself to prevent creating mass accounts, like the ideas i mentioned earlier, or, since i've seen one of PWI's other games pop up on the list of free games on steam lately, put PWI into steam and have it link to their systems as well, i'm fairly sure at least 60% of the perfect world playerbase has a steam account.

Maybe i'm over-reacting i dont know, i just dont want to see my PWI go to heck, i may be one of those intermittent casual player types and leave for a while to do other things (highest lvl char in the 70's after over 2 years lol, yeah, definately casual), but i always come back, i love the game, the scenery, the people, the random chatter in WC like good old Wizzeled randomly bursting into song with tele's, random high-levels trolling saying they're quitting and giving away all their stuff and watch the newbs run around pickin up single coins hoping it'll be a million (which i admit, i was one once and fell for it, though i did get a fairy dress out of a quitdrop once). and of course, who could forget Frankie's infamous cross-dressing arcane barb.

Ok /rant

Oh and one other thing, heaven help us all if these sellers get their hands on some of those 'discontinued' horns..
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    here is the problem, pwi text is not text, it's graphic. If it was text you could select it and do copy paste like I saw in other games. In order for the game to report autonaticly this behavior it would need a picture analyzer and or some kind of serve log to scan. Or pay someone to read the wc 24/7. Since developing new program is time consuming and takes money, I don't see PWI cutting it's profit for a few rare player.c:

Wrong.

PW chat is text, just the user cannot select it. And it is easy for PWI to see what players say, they have a chat logger unless they are idiots and don't know what a database and a php script is

And about ip blocking, that usuallt doesnt do ****, most isps assign dynamic ips which change every so often or everytime you reboot your router

Im not quite sure exactally what you wan the gms to do, they have already told you to submit a ticket, do you really expct them to sit there all day and read the chat from every single server?
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Implementing anything in the client to prevent malicious users won't solve anything. The can simply change the client to remove whatever it was bothering them / directly send/recv packets to the server to circumvent the client completely.
    Frankie, whats reporting gonna do aside from filling up you gm's inbox's and giving you a crapload more work to do? heres a fairly little well known fact for ya, most gold seller type websites like the ones that are spamming WC and wasting tele's are run by Chinese prisons and the inmates are the employees, who sit at a computer 19 hours a day on whatever games are popular and just farm farm farm farm all day long, they have the technology and resources to get a completely new batch of ip addresses every 5 minutes, create temporary email addresses with which to register new accounts, and random name generator programs with which to create random characters to do nothing but spam and farm with, they use TOR type proxy networks to get north american based ip addresses (google it, theres an article somewhere about a prison getting sued or something for this) and be fairly hard to traceroute and perma-ban. if things get out of control, there may be no other choice BUT to implement something into the client itself to prevent creating mass accounts, like the ideas i mentioned earlier, or, since i've seen one of PWI's other games pop up on the list of free games on steam lately, put PWI into steam and have it link to their systems as well, i'm fairly sure at least 60% of the perfect world playerbase has a steam account.

Maybe i'm over-reacting i dont know, i just dont want to see my PWI go to heck, i may be one of those intermittent casual player types and leave for a while to do other things (highest lvl char in the 70's after over 2 years lol, yeah, definately casual), but i always come back, i love the game, the scenery, the people, the random chatter in WC like good old Wizzeled randomly bursting into song with tele's, random high-levels trolling saying they're quitting and giving away all their stuff and watch the newbs run around pickin up single coins hoping it'll be a million (which i admit, i was one once and fell for it, though i did get a fairy dress out of a quitdrop once). and of course, who could forget Frankie's infamous cross-dressing arcane barb.

Ok /rant

Oh and one other thing, heaven help us all if these sellers get their hands on some of those 'discontinued' horns..
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ....do you really expct them to sit there all day and read the chat from every single server?

No but I bet they get tuned into some nice spicey whisper sessions now and then ... b:chuckle
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I get so excited when people say my name on the forums <3
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Wizzeled
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • frankieraye
    edited August 2011
    Frankie, whats reporting gonna do aside from filling up you gm's inbox's and giving you a crapload more work to do?

Your reports help us to attack the problem while also giving us a better idea of the scope of the problem.
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Your reports help us to attack the problem while also giving us a better idea of the scope of the problem.

omg frankie is back. when do we get the necklaces? b:dirty
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • Gannosuke - Heavens Tear
    Gannosuke - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    well since we know frankie is on....is there maint tonight? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    thx to my lovely wifey Dorset for the sig b:heart

Ima psy :/
  • frankieraye
    edited August 2011
    omg frankie is back. when do we get the necklaces? b:dirty

Should be after this week's patch. You'll be able to pick between Elemental and Protection (Talking about the PWIC China tournament finalists here)

And yep, maintenance tonight.
    edited August 2011
    I get so excited when people say my name on the forums <3

LOL, you're welcome wizz
  • Wadzio - Lost City
    Wadzio - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Frankie, whats reporting gonna do aside from filling up you gm's inbox's and giving you a crapload more work to do? heres a fairly little well known fact for ya, most gold seller type websites like the ones that are spamming WC and wasting tele's are run by Chinese prisons and the inmates are the employees, who sit at a computer 19 hours a day on whatever games are popular and just farm farm farm farm all day long, they have the technology and resources to get a completely new batch of ip addresses every 5 minutes, create temporary email addresses with which to register new accounts, and random name generator programs with which to create random characters to do nothing but spam and farm with, they use TOR type proxy networks to get north american based ip addresses (google it, theres an article somewhere about a prison getting sued or something for this) and be fairly hard to traceroute and perma-ban.

There are also some other ways do it... Like some other player that just spoke in this topic and who uses VPN to connect to PWI from China knowing that his region is disabled :)
    Because size really MATTERS!!!