Fashion references? o:

Comments

• YingFei - Dreamweaver
    YingFei - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Can y0u even call it a reference when it has been clearly c0pied...?

Well, it's not 100% copy... xD only like 99%... so yeah, lets call it a reference, doesn't sound as offending
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • GaurdianMira - Archosaur
    GaurdianMira - Archosaur Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Bumpity bump!
    Found Damsel dress and Noble's set reference~
    rohanwallpapers8.th.jpg

Now why the heck did they take away half the skirt when it's that lovely? Maybe they think everyone wants stuff that looks like they bought it from Strippers-R-Us
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I have to agree, alot of the stuff on here is quite ****. I mean if you go on ecatomb and find the cop outfit... you'll see what I mean...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • YingFei - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Sudden bump with Blood Riot hairstyle

2n1yt5k.th.png

D: Couldn't even imagine, then suddenly - omg thats it!
  • Aquaryah - Sanctuary
    Aquaryah - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    723wn3q

b:chuckle It's even a copy-righted image.
    Everything is the same, even the hair.
    Lvl 101 Psy - Aquaryah - Sanctuary (Main)
    Lvl 101 Cleric - Nevarya - Sanctuary (Buff&BB Slave)
    Lvl 86 Sin - Luna - Raging Tides (Retired)
  • YingFei - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Woot! Glad to see more ppl joining the researches! <3
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Well if this fashion has been out on CN servers for awhile, could it be possible they made it and the artists you are showing are drawn with the PWI fashion? o-o
    I mean I don't really know, just throwing it out there. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • YingFei - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Some of the images are pretty old too, dated by 2002-2007 :3 Most of them.
    edited November 2011
    Some of the images are pretty old too, dated by 2002-2007 :3 Most of them.

Hasn't PWE-CN been out for that long though? o.o I know PWI has only been out to the public since 08, but not too sure about CN version...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Barfighter outfit was released in CN version in the fall of last year simultaneously with the Genesis patch. We got the patch in March and the fash sometime later.

If the art was drawn post fall of last year, it is probably fan art.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    723wn3q

b:chuckle It's even a copy-righted image.
    Everything is the same, even the hair.

I do a google image search of it and found a blog post that seems to be from 2007 :P

Click me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited November 2011
    Barfighter outfit was released in CN version in the fall of last year simultaneously with the Genesis patch. We got the patch in March and the fash sometime later.

If the art was drawn post fall of last year, it is probably fan art.

The image is from 2007 so that cracks that case. But still we can't assume the others are rip-offed off, because some might be fanart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Synsae - Sanctuary
    Synsae - Sanctuary Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Something to also note about that Barfighter outfit drawing is that the artist who drew it, Maggi's Harem, is a professional concept artist... she probably had that drawing lying around and sold it to PWI

or come up with your own theories about that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Silvychar
    edited November 2011
    Mkay this is not my idea.
    Just some interesting stuff that i found and wanted to share and maybe you'll find moar o:

Reminds you of anything?
    69884244.th.jpg
    No? Look closer at Superstar set.

This one is from a site called Dream of Doll looks like 2008. This new google image thing is so cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • YingFei - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Something to also note about that Barfighter outfit drawing is that the artist who drew it, Maggi's Harem, is a professional concept artist... she probably had that drawing lying around and sold it to PWI

or come up with your own theories about that

Well, true, but in this thread we're looking for references too, not only stolen ideas 8D So sold art counts too
    edited November 2011
    I know it's not the place, but i was looking through venus' link and saw this. i want it for the game b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    so much copycat stuff >.> ima pretend i never saw and go my merry PWI game way lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    btw if this game really does get in trouble for the numerous copycat fashions comeing to light, u guys are gonna be ready if 90% of the fashion is taken out of the game right? b:chuckle at the least, nothings gonna happen, at the worst its the players that loose out cause we sure as hell wont get any reimbursement
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited February 2012

I'm ashamed to have EVER entered into that fashion design contest they held here a year or more ago. >_> To think they copied most likely all of their fashion just... just... I have no words. How could I have been so stupid as to practically GIVE them my creative work! DX

Also... to answer someone else, Yes, it is a clear copyright violation. Once you publish your work wether it be on a website, magazine, or other form of publication, it is copyrighted to you, the artist and you alone. Though it is wise to always register copyrights for your pieces for exactly these kinds of reasons-- People steal your work and try to sell it. I've seen people try to sell products or prints made from famous artists' work and they usually get it over that.

Since PWE China is in violation of copyrights and also making a mint from their in-game fashion items, they very well should get in some sort of legal trouble over it... The original artists of these works should be notified if they don't already know. I'm just saying...

I know that China has copied things and is known for it, but it's still not right. International copyright laws still apply.

Exactly this. I'm an artist myself and have had my art ripped off many times by unoriginal people who tried to justify it by saying "Well if you don't want your work stolen, don't make it." That's like saying "Well if you don't want your wallet/money stolen, don't get a job." I know how infuriating it is to have it ripped off and made money from. If anyone finds sources where they "ripped" off ideas from, those artists/ copyright holders need to be notified immediately. It doesn't matter if PWE is based in China and the artists in the US, they're still violating intellectual property.

I'm glad I never entered the competition because for one the winners of such competitions are only the ones who seem to copy the official pwi art and make minor tweaks to it, and to hand over rights to a company like theirs made me a little edgy. But this just blows my mind, I knew I had seen those mounts before... but for the fashion as well? Outright I just want to quit, or I'm going to soon anyway when more original and less $$$ orientated games come out this year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sweetfeather - Dreamweaver
    Sweetfeather - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    edf20da751166ff8c0069a8501ca13fa.jpg
  • YingFei - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    I necro and I know it~b:laugh

Stole some stuff. Credits to PWR Floralia, Alinari and Shiori7

2272483.th.png

111755db8335.th.jpg

showimgn.th.jpg
  • Xatem - Heavens Tear
    Xatem - Heavens Tear Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Admins probably wanted this thread to die. o_o
    "When everything is said and done
    So looking for answers if only one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Turn my back the urge has gone
    Left with no reason we come undone...."
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Not to encourage a necro, but this was something I noticed as soon as I joined nearly two years ago, since I used to be a developer on IMVU. Compare the template side by side to the Corsair's Dress. Every fold and detail is the same.
    edited March 2012
    edf20da751166ff8c0069a8501ca13fa.jpg
    rozen-maiden-dark-angel-suigintou.jpg

Lalala...

One of these is probably just fanart. Probably the former, but IDK as I haven't seen the show this comes from. It seems from a google search though that this latter is probably the original. From some show called Rozen Maiden.
    Not to encourage a necro, but this was something I noticed as soon as I joined nearly two years ago, since I used to be a developer on IMVU. *Compare the template side by side to the Corsair's Dress. *Every fold and detail is the same.

Let's see if I can't put the image here....
    layout2348.JPG

Is IMVU's version also a reference to APB, from which a google search of this image seems to reveal it's from?

70450188.jpg
    Hmmmm.... Reminds of anything?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    One of these is probably just fanart. Probably the former, but IDK as I haven't seen the show this comes from. It seems from a google search though that this latter is probably the original. From some show called Rozen Maiden.

suigintou3vp.png
    Anime screenshot... And true... This girl/doll is Suigintou from the Rozen maiden series... I yet have to read the mange but the anime's where fun to watch although a bit childish... b:cute

Since PWI is already ripping idea's I hope they can come up with something like this in the future:
    9ba4cb71ffb17703554c5369f71f18f1.jpg

But they'll probably go for something like this instead:
    animepaper.netpicture-standard-anime-guilty-crown-inori-yuzuriha-205629-zectrooper-preview-5c177f73.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I never realized the cat fashion was actually Suigintou's set o.o lol b:dirty
  • Yanami - Heavens Tear
    Yanami - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    111755db8335.th.jpg
    In addition to this particular one, there's another reference from this same game. Not really sure who stole from who lol.
    scaled.php?server=15&filename=cfr08.jpg&res=crop
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • YingFei - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    This thread will never die!
    atelierroronathealchemi.jpg
  • Aerikah - Lost City
    Aerikah - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Glad i wasn't the only one that noticed the newest dress was a huge rip from atelier rorona >__<
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    You know, I find it especially pathetic that they had tons of original ideas thrown at them during that fashion contest a few years back, they they STILL insist on ripping off other ideas from elsewhere. I really have no respect for the developers of the fashion in this game. How unoriginal and lazy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
This discussion has been closed.