Am i a fail?

Options
X__ENGEL__X - Sanctuary
X__ENGEL__X - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Cleric
I've been wondering about my cleric and ive seen many other clerics with more HP than me but they have 500 or more less MP than me.

My stats are(with Equipment)-

Vit : 22
Str : 44
Mag : 358
Dex : 5

And my current HP and MP (with equipment) is-
Hp- 2749
Mp-7883

My important Heals are lvl 10 and my Spammable Attacks are lvl 10. My debuffs are in the range of 4-5. If People can, Tell me what would be wrong and What i should do to fix the Problems and so forth.
Post edited by X__ENGEL__X - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Seems like they just put more in vit than you did, that's no problem. Just make sure your equipment can make up for this later, if you plan on keeping a low vit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aranarwa - Heavens Tear
    Aranarwa - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Seems like they just put more in vit than you did, that's no problem. Just make sure your equipment can make up for this later, if you plan on keeping a low vit.

^^ this.

Or...they have a high HP-pool due to the adds from their gear.

For comparison:

I have a lvl79 cleric with:
    Vit: 50 (will NOT add to it anymore..more likely to restat it when I have reached higher lvl)
    Str: 45
    Mag: 310
    Dex: 5

Due to my gear the stats have become:
    Vit: 80
    Str: 45
    Mag: 364
    Dex: 9 (uh uh the +4 here was not needed, but happened to come along b:chuckle)

Which gives me a HP pool of 3276 (with some minor refines and some sharding) and a MP pool of 7915.

I am happy / comfortable with this.
    If you feel comfortable with your build, then NO: you are not fail.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder b:chuckle
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I've been wondering about my cleric and ive seen many other clerics with more HP than me but they have 500 or more less MP than me.

My stats are(with Equipment)-

Vit : 22
    Str : 44
    Mag : 358
    Dex : 5

And my current HP and MP (with equipment) is-
    Hp- 2749
    Mp-7883

My important Heals are lvl 10 and my Spammable Attacks are lvl 10. My debuffs are in the range of 4-5. If People can, Tell me what would be wrong and What i should do to fix the Problems and so forth.

You're fine: they're fail.
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    You're fine: they're fail.

O.o i wouldn't say they are fail, but neither is the OP. Having low base vit is fine as long as your refines/gear make up for it. Refine everything you plan on using for a while to +3, its really easy especially now with fairy boxes in TT.

Just try to aim for 4k+ HP unbuffed By the time your in your 9x's, your doing fine.
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Just try to aim for 4k+ HP unbuffed By the time your in your 9x's, your doing fine.

^ This. Stats look fine.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • thumbs
    edited August 2011
    Options
    O.o i wouldn't say they are fail, but neither is the OP. Having low base vit is fine as long as your refines/gear make up for it. Refine everything you plan on using for a while to +3, its really easy especially now with fairy boxes in TT.

And vit builds shouldn't compensate with equips? Any of you vits remember struggling to keep a weaker tank and squad alive in Wraithgate on Polearm?

I wouldn't bother refining at their level, and not just because the levels won't last long. Second hand legendary equips which are already refined and run cheaper than their refines are typically available on PvE servers for the OP's level. Pure mag cuts operating costs and time putting the coin back in the mage's pocket for upgrades as needed or with time. Buy smart and sell back for what you paid when done; and you're out nothing.

No amount of vit is going to save me from typical fail squads, but stronger heals can sometimes save them which in turn can save me.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And vit builds shouldn't compensate with equips? Any of you vits remember struggling to keep a weaker tank and squad alive in Wraithgate on Polearm?

I wouldn't bother refining at their level, and not just because the levels won't last long. Second hand legendary equips which are already refined and run cheaper than their refines are typically available on PvE servers for the OP's level. Pure mag cuts operating costs and time putting the coin back in the mage's pocket for upgrades as needed or with time. Buy smart and sell back for what you paid when done; and you're out nothing.

No amount of vit is going to save me from typical fail squads, but stronger heals can sometimes save them which in turn can save me.

I've been in squads with pure magic clerics who died because **** hit the fan and I tanked the damage and rezzed the squad. So yes, vit can save you from a fail in squad. It has for me on plenty of occasions by making you tough enough to survive long enough to get a tank up especially at those levels. Later levels it becomes much less probable, but still. Thats why its whatever you are used to do and play well as and not one build is always better than the other. IJS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited August 2011
    Options

Ok so A.) I have 20 points into vit, so im not sure why your comparing me to a vit cleric although vit on a clericis perfectly fine, sage ironheart is over powered enough without endless magic points.

B) you should ALWAYS refine your gear, mirages are FREE if you get off your *** and tt, 36 of them each day per character. It doesnt really matter how long you use the gear for, even 50 extra hp on each peice of gear adds up to 250 extra hp which can be the difference between life and death in some cases; further more many peices of gear, such as drum masters hat, tt80 gold shoes and sleeve of the sea captian can be worn until arch angel or rank gear.

I stand by my earlier post if i can have 4.5k unbuffed hp at 98 the OP can easily get 4k
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thumbs
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I've been in squads with pure magic clerics who died because **** hit the fan and I tanked the damage and rezzed the squad. So yes, vit can save you from a fail in squad. It has for me on plenty of occasions by making you tough enough to survive long enough to get a tank up especially at those levels. Later levels it becomes much less probable, but still. Thats why its whatever you are used to do and play well as and not one build is always better than the other. IJS

You're falsely blaming build here when it may just be equips, skills, or the gamer at fault. You look at it as "it saved me", but fail to realize how much it cost you.
    Ok so A.) I have 20 points into vit, so im not sure why your comparing me to a vit cleric although vit on a clericis perfectly fine, sage ironheart is over powered enough without endless magic points.

Very simplistic and wasteful thinking. Consider grinding on a single mob. -With a vit build, not only do you need more MP to kill the mob; you need more mp to keep yourself healed (double the waste).

The vit build is in many ways inferior. You cannot easily or cheaply compensate for your lower mag. You're tied up more in healing which costs you not only for healing but any DD you might be able to pull off otherwise to reduce time. Your HP per vit is far inferior to melee classes. Pure mag continues to pay for itself while vit will cost and cost while costing you a restat eventually. You have many alternate ways of increasing HP like refining, sharding, or choice of ornaments.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    To the OP: Your stats look fine. I'd aim for 3k+ once you get into the 80's for FCCs (bubble on second boss, bleed damage (which is physical) from 3rd boss and bishops attacks, then about a 2200-2500 phys aoe from the exp room boss), 4k in the 90's, and 5k when 100+ for vana squads.

I definitely prefer pure magic build but respect that someone clerics don't feel safe until they have more hp than they really need and this can distract them from healing the squad if they keep a heal on themself.

I've seen it both ways, where a squishy cleric either is fleeing, 1 shot, or healing themselves alot to stay alive and theres a squad wipe. I've also seen alot of vit clerics who didn't have the heal power to keep the tank alive. Honestly, the second one is favorable because no one points the finger at the vit cleric saying their heals are too weak, instead its pointed at the barb saying their hp or defenses is too low.

However, I do think vit clerics are one of the reasons there are more clericless runs. Heals are too weak, bloodpaint is more reliable.

There is nothing in this game you are meant to do at the expected level (in pve) that a cleric can't do with skill, minimum refines, and 3 base vitality. Vitality is a cushion some prefer rather then having to use actual skill or split healing themselves and the tank. It is nice once you have higher hp that you can take a few hits and heal yourself after the mob/boss is dead rather than "oh I was hit and need to heal myself, sorry tank!"

Bottom line, the tank always knows what you did with your stat points... he watching you. b:laugh
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You're falsely blaming build here when it may just be equips, skills, or the gamer at fault. You look at it as "it saved me", but fail to realize how much it cost you.

Very simplistic and wasteful thinking. Consider grinding on a single mob. -With a vit build, not only do you need more MP to kill the mob; you need more mp to keep yourself healed (double the waste).

The vit build is in many ways inferior. You cannot easily or cheaply compensate for your lower mag. You're tied up more in healing which costs you not only for healing but any DD you might be able to pull off otherwise to reduce time. Your HP per vit is far inferior to melee classes. Pure mag continues to pay for itself while vit will cost and cost while costing you a restat eventually. You have many alternate ways of increasing HP like refining, sharding, or choice of ornaments.

lol your really using mp as a reason to not put vit into a build when mp food costs 30k a stack -.- wow , did vit touch you in a naughty place when you were growing up?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lol your really using mp as a reason to not put vit into a build when mp food costs 30k a stack -.- wow , did vit touch you in a naughty place when you were growing up?

It's tweakz , and he is known for his hate for Vit builds (which do nothing wrong really) so dont mind him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hello. Ok. To the OP. Your build is fine. My own hp is around the area of 2200. Clerics naturally have low hp, and low pdef if a lot of points are not put into vitality. You can make up for it with your gear later on, so don't let it stress you. Your stats look pretty good to me.

Next, I do have to support TrueHarmony's point here.

I also have a 20 base vit. (A little higher due to my equioment. I don't remember the exact stats offhand.)
    My dex base is 5.
    My stregnth base is 54.
    My magic base is around 318+ (also improved by my equiment).

My heals, even not having sage ih yet are enough to heal my tanks. dd'ers, etc. I'm frequently asked to help in many instances. This would not be if my heals were not sufficent enough to do the job. I understand Tweaks point that I sacrificed magic power and potential for some survivability. Technically speaking, using pure stats, he is correct. However, I do not agree that my stats make me a poor cleric, or a vitality cleric. Even with sharded armor, my hp isn't even 2500 hp buffed. Yes, I did sacrifice some magic power, but if you're not sharding or refining early on, then you need to. Also, I want to point out that having a 20 base vitality stat does not make me, nor TrueHarmony a vitality cleric. I am an Arcane Build Cleric. I may not be a total Pure cleric (That dirty hp of mines. Lol.), but my base vit stat isn't enough to be called anything else. I'm a pure arcane build that wants to live. Lol. Grinding on mobs, questing, etc...sometimes you get unwanted aggro. Not having a knockback skill (Not including my genies earthquake), you need to be able to survive some hits. (Face it, its going to happen...whether in instances, grinding, etc... you are GOING TO get hit at some point regardless of what class you are, or what your build is). Clerics are known as a squishy class, so a player making some modifications in order to survive isn't really a bad idea. I still have strong magic power, can still heal my team, and my tank as well. I do not regret adding a few stats to vitality in order to live a little longer. Those few points are the difference between life and death. Not only that, they're also the difference between a mission accomplished and a squad wipe. Everyone dies at some point in this game. Even with a cleric that has a base vitality stat, and eveb more powerful heals, people are going to die at some point. Thats just a fact. If a player can still do their job as a cleric, have heals strong enough to get the job done, use their skills wisely, and be able to still have FUN, and not die...then that cleric is good enough. I've gotten pm's from 80's, and 90's barbs asking me to heal them during instances because my heals are good enough.

As far as what was sacrificed, it was worth it. I sacrificed some degree of magic power, and magic defense to be able to take a hit. Having the "You have died" screen greet you isn't exactly fun. Nor is the XP loss either. Not using sharded armor at the time, being able to take a hit by adding a few stats to vit does help. Lol. I don't regret playing as a cleric. I don't regret my build, and I don't regret my stats. If I feel the need to restat later on, then so be it. Its my cleric, my style of playing, and in the end, I get the job done, and have even been complimented as a cleric, and told that I was a good cleric. That could not have been if my heals were not sufficient enough to do the job.

Sorry for the essay. Lol. I just wanted for more people to see the point of view of another cleric that has stats that are focused on magic power, but with some degree of survivability not neglected. Take care all, have fun in game, and be safe. Again, to the OP; you are not a fail. You're just fine. Have fun playing, and just keep going along. If you can get the job done...you're good enough.
    Be safe all, and have a blessed day.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • thumbs
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It's tweakz , and he is known for his hate for Vit builds (which do nothing wrong really) so dont mind him.

I'd love to see you restat to 100 vit from a pure mag. You're obviously clueless. I gave the vit build a try with cleric. It is fail fail fail; just like people who use personal attacks rather than arguments.
    edited August 2011
    Options

equally geared person, equally refined, equally as skilled as me. Just because you failed as a vit build cleric doesn't mean that the build itself is fail. You say more mp in healing. IH only stacks 5 times vit build or not, so if you're wasting your time healing instead of debuffing or dding when you can't increase the stack then that's on you. Your fail. As for soloing things, I rarely ever heal myself before fighting regular mobs, because I do not need to do so. The extra vit plus just jumping straight to the dding means that I can kill them similarly as fast as a pure build if you count in the pre healing time. :P The fact of the matter is it sounds like you were playing a vit build as a pure build and then called it fail when it reality they are different playstyles. I don't kite much as a vit build, I don't heal as much as a vit build. I don't need to do either of those things because the HP from refines + shards+vit means that I have the spare hp. Some pure builds say well you'll die a bit more in the early levels but later on you'll be outdding and out debuffing vit builds. That's probably true. I didn't much at all in the early levels. The vit build also means you do not have to pay as much money for sharding/refining/extra ornaments. So in the end the costs of the two builds are roughly the same.

However, I do think vit clerics are one of the reasons there are more clericless runs. Heals are too weak, bloodpaint is more reliable.

Nah the reason there are more clericless runs is that bloodpaint is just as reliable as any cleric as far as heals go once you have good gear, so why split the drops with someone and slow down your speed just so they can keep up? Venos are better for debuffing. So unless you want a rez why take a cleric if you're capable of running without one? A lot of the people running clericless also run 3 man squads so the run is more profitiable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • AriesBreath - Raging Tide
    AriesBreath - Raging Tide Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Oh gawd. Another hybrid/pure discussion. b:irritated

The way I see it, pure magic is fine, as long as you are capable of getting above 5k hp unbuffed at level 100. I have 3 base vit, and I've got 10k hp unbuffed, so 5k is very manageable. However, if your gears just can't make up for your hp (or lack thereof), you should add vit. Your strong heals aren't any good if you get 1 shot by every player and their mothers.

At OP: your stats are fine, keep up the good work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    equally geared person, equally refined, equally as skilled as me. Just because you failed as a vit build cleric doesn't mean that the build itself is fail.

The build is fail. I failed because I was vit build: not for any other reason. I made it to Lv.95 ok but at a huge cost in time and pots (fail).
    You say more mp in healing.

Stronger heals equates to less heals needed, and more healing per % MP. You can also look at the effect on max MP, MP recovery, and MP gained by eruption. -That's 5 negative effects vit has on your MP usage/ costs.
    IH only stacks 5 times vit build or not, so if you're wasting your time healing instead of debuffing or dding when you can't increase the stack then that's on you. Your fail.

What did I state? - 1 IH for a pure rather than spamming IH as a vit build. The HoT may be limited to 5 stacks, but you'd be ignoring the initial healing. Either way, there's plenty of other things to do rather than 5 IH's in a row.
    As for soloing things, I rarely ever heal myself before fighting regular mobs, because I do not need to do so. The extra vit plus just jumping straight to the dding means that I can kill them similarly as fast as a pure build if you count in the pre healing time. :P

Take a look at how much HP you actually get from 100 vit. It's piddly for a Cleric. Assassins get more HP per vit and they're generally smart enough to go pure dex! You may not need to heal before, hell I don't need to: but you do need to heal more often and at a higher cost.
    The fact of the matter is it sounds like you were playing a vit build as a pure build and then called it fail when it reality they are different playstyles.

Any class that sacrifices it's efficiency for survival is fail. These types leech off others. -free power leveling anyone?
    The vit build also means you do not have to pay as much money for sharding/refining/extra ornaments.

Second hand equips are cheaper and come pre-refined/ sharded. You don't have to pay as much: you put that cost on your squads and on yourself for pots and time wasted.
    So in the end the costs of the two builds are roughly the same.

Not even close.
    Nah the reason there are more clericless runs is that bloodpaint is just as reliable as any cleric as far as heals go once you have good gear, so why split the drops with someone and slow down your speed just so they can keep up?

Clerics are good for Dimensional Seal, buffs, revive, etc regardless. I hate being on Assassin w/o cleric buffs, but mageless squads always ran smoother for lack of pulling boss away, and faster kills. Mostly that's because the mage hasn't invested near as much in their gear as the rest of the squad (which makes them a mooch like a vit build).
    Venos are better for debuffing.

Amp only works on half the bosses, they don't have 3+ great buffs, they don't revive. Most venos don't even seem to know what Ironwood does. My main might be veno, but in general it's a stupid class because people choose it for: free pets, because others tell them it's an easy breezy class, or because it's a money making class.
    So unless you want a rez why take a cleric if you're capable of running without one? A lot of the people running clericless also run 3 man squads so the run is more profitiable.

The biggest problem I had with a cleric in squad was that they cause some bosses to move which interrupts perma spark which interrupts my defense as a Sage Assassin (veno does same thing). Then the ones w/o L11 revive actually think they're worthy of being in a high aps squad w/o L11 res when we might need it partially because of them! They are one less melee range on that chicken boss near the end though.
    Oh gawd. Another hybrid/pure discussion. b:irritated

The way I see it, pure magic is fine, as long as you are capable of getting above 5k hp unbuffed at level 100. I have 3 base vit, and I've got 10k hp unbuffed, so 5k is very manageable. However, if your gears just can't make up for your hp (or lack thereof), you should add vit. Your strong heals aren't any good if you get 1 shot by every player and their mothers.

At OP: your stats are fine, keep up the good work.

If your gears can't keep up; then you're using the class to mooch with to benefit another toon or you're really bad at the game.

Vit build = mooch build and that is no play style for me.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I gave the vit build a try with cleric. It is fail fail fa

Your arguments are just getting less and less sensible, i tried playing a blade master once and wasn't too fond of it, does that mean blade masters are bad? no it just means they arent my cup of tea

Pure mag or vit, either way people are going to put their stats where they want them and there's nothing any of us can do about it, just move on lolXD This thread is soo off topic

%lockthread

...damn that totally worked when i was a forum mod for rising force
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Your arguments are just getting less and less sensible, i tried playing a blade master once and wasn't too fond of it, does that mean blade masters are bad? no it just means they arent my cup of tea

Pure mag or vit, either way people are going to put their stats where they want them and there's nothing any of us can do about it, just move on lolXD This thread is soo off topic

%lockthread

...damn that totally worked when i was a forum mod for rising force

We have crappy mods... what can ya do? b:shutup
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • AriesBreath - Raging Tide
    AriesBreath - Raging Tide Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    If your gears can't keep up; then you're using the class to mooch with to benefit another toon or you're really bad at the game.

Vit build = mooch build and that is no play style for me.

I'm pure magic myself, but I wouldn't degrade vit builds because that's what they're used to, just as how pure magic is what I'm used to. I would not be able to play with 5k less magic attack, just as they might not be able to play with 1k less hp. Effectiveness depends on the player behind the toon, rather than the toon itself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm pure magic myself, but I wouldn't degrade vit builds because that's what they're used to, just as how pure magic is what I'm used to. I would not be able to play with 5k less magic attack, just as they might not be able to play with 1k less hp. Effectiveness depends on the player behind the toon, rather than the toon itself.

This,

@Tweakz and just because you failed at vit build doesn't mean anything. Then again, you don't even know how to use SoR and wonder why a sage would even cast it. LOL You failed because it's not your playstyle. To think you can possibly be an expert on a build you haven't played extensively, and I know you haven't because you haven't even been a cleric that long, is just silly. To tell others how to play their characters afterwards though is just stupid. And as for my heals, they are strong enough that when a bm trying to get 5aps that I know ran out of blood paint and charms in the middle of an fc he was selling needed a cleric, he whispered me. He didn't pot once, he didn't have any. And gave me 300k for my efforts. So, they must have been strong enough. And, no I don't need to heal myself more often. It's the whole point of going vit, so that you can take a hit easier. Just because you were fail means little. It's about timing skills, it's about knowing when to use what when and where. If you dont know that, ::cough:: SoR ::cough:: then you fail as a cleric. It has nothing to do with which build you play but knowing how to maximize the benefits of your build and finding ways to minimize the damage. You aren't a perfect person tweakz, just because you failed at something doesn't mean that anyone who chooses to play that way must also be fail. I've never had a problem with keeping charms unticked/pots saved, squads alive, and bosses debuffed and still dding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I got to totally agree with Tweakz.
    Vit build is a gimped cleric build.

The less vit you need to be able to survive, the more magic you have and thus, the better you heal/attack. That's pretty obvious.
    With all the genie skills, pots and charms available, you don't need extra vit to survive in PVE. (PVP is another story)

Anyway, at higher lvl, when you get better gear and refines, the difference between a pure and a vit cleric is not really noticeable; but at lower level, I know many people who dispise vit cleric...
  • ShadowIH - Dreamweaver
    ShadowIH - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    At level 67 some Clerics have same HP as OP at 79
    (I mean pure arcane Clerics).

My hp is about 2,6k yet.
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    Aeyisha - Lost City Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This,

@Tweakz and just because you failed at vit build doesn't mean anything. Then again, you don't even know how to use SoR and wonder why a sage would even cast it. LOL You failed because it's not your playstyle. To think you can possibly be an expert on a build you haven't played extensively, and I know you haven't because you haven't even been a cleric that long, is just silly. To tell others how to play their characters afterwards though is just stupid. And as for my heals, they are strong enough that when a bm trying to get 5aps that I know ran out of blood paint and charms in the middle of an fc he was selling needed a cleric, he whispered me. He didn't pot once, he didn't have any. And gave me 300k for my efforts. So, they must have been strong enough. And, no I don't need to heal myself more often. It's the whole point of going vit, so that you can take a hit easier. Just because you were fail means little. It's about timing skills, it's about knowing when to use what when and where. If you dont know that, ::cough:: SoR ::cough:: then you fail as a cleric. It has nothing to do with which build you play but knowing how to maximize the benefits of your build and finding ways to minimize the damage. You aren't a perfect person tweakz, just because you failed at something doesn't mean that anyone who chooses to play that way must also be fail. I've never had a problem with keeping charms unticked/pots saved, squads alive, and bosses debuffed and still dding.

If tweakz uses his veno's gear for his cleric, he would not need any vit anyway. Endgame, you should not have any vit since your gear should be +10 or above(barbs/seekers excepted). It really depends on your gear whether you should have vit or not. I love having vit added on my veno but hate it on my cleric. None of my characters have +10 gear, although if I did on my veno, I would stat my vit out.

Not to mention veno's should be the ONLY magic class adding vit at all.

/depends on the gear and person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    Where wizards pull catas and barbs are nearly extinct...
  • thumbs
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If tweakz uses his veno's gear for his cleric, he would not need any vit anyway. Endgame, you should not have any vit since your gear should be +10 or above(barbs/seekers excepted).

Tweakz has 2 pairs of boots she uses: both +5; shirt is +8; robes are +5&7; Belts +3&5; Neck +3; ring +4 ; hat +5.
    It really depends on your gear whether you should have vit or not.

What you do with your toon should determine if you need better gear. Vit shouldn't play a part.
    I love having vit added on my veno but hate it on my cleric. None of my characters have +10 gear, although if I did on my veno, I would stat my vit out.

No mage should stat vit, unless you wanna be one of those venos begging others to heal their pet for them, maintain the falsehood that venos aren't DD's, want to progress slower in the game, burn pots for myriads, etc.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Oh look it's tweakz giving crappy advice again.

Vit builds are not mooch builds. They are the poor-man's build or the survivability build. Factors of this depend on the type of server you're on (PVP vs PVE), as well as how high one's survivability is factoring externalities such as physical AOE and accidental aggro which happens to every healer.

Prophete agreed with tweakz but for a different premise -- a cleric should stat out vit as soon as it's reasonable to. More magic = more magic attack = better heals and more dmg. It's inherently a good idea to be pure magic as soon as reasonably possible, however, tweakz unfortunately lives by the book of a rich veno with a secondary powerleveled cleric, and given how many actual main build clerics more often than not rebuke his advice for rather logical reasons, it's pretty obvious where to go from there. If he calls it fail, think of it otherwise.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    OI have 3 base vit, and I've got 10k hp unbuffed, so 5k is very manageable.

O_o

What the heck is your pdef? All hp and nothing to back it up is not always good, I do not care if all your gear is +12. 10k hp unbuffed with 2-3k pdef is begging for an archer to eat you b:surrender

I will throw in the pdef factor. ALL hp and no Pdef is just as bad all vit and no magic in my opinion.

Then again...I guess I am thinking more in terms of TW. PvE a smart Cleric can survive anything with 4-5k hp, but you get into TW and things change. In TW you need a more balanced build of hp/pdef/skill in order to survive. Trust me I have seen 5k Clerics survive 10x better with all pdef then 10k+ hp Clerics with pdef that blows. Well...I see it every weekend so.

Anyways...thought I would throw out another point to argue...Ta-ta for now b:bye

PS -- > @ OP you are fine. Pure Mag is easy to go endgame once you gear up but in the end it is YOUR character. Do what you are comfortable with. A little vit is not going to kill you, the average Cleric has 50 vit anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If tweakz uses his veno's gear for his cleric, he would not need any vit anyway. Endgame, you should not have any vit since your gear should be +10 or above(barbs/seekers excepted). It really depends on your gear whether you should have vit or not. I love having vit added on my veno but hate it on my cleric. None of my characters have +10 gear, although if I did on my veno, I would stat my vit out.

/depends on the gear and person.

Yup but we shouldn't compare twink builds to what is accepted as a main build for a person whose main is a starting out cleric. Vit builds aren't mooch builds. Just because he has a 100+ veno to stash gear over too, doesn't meant that a new player should be using his advice on what to get because it's more likely than not really feasible for them. Nor is there anything inherently wrong with the build. I disagree with venos being the only magic class adding vit at all, as you said it depends on the gear and the person. Personally I would never stat vit into a veno or a mystic, because their pets/summons can't pop pots or apoth if something happens if their pet is tanking. They also shouldn't get hit as often since they have a pet to take the aggro from them. Whereas as a cleric can get hit from others stupidity and nothing to do with their own skills and when that happens, the extra hp is definitely nice. If a veno pulls aggro they can have their pets take it off of them, even if everyone else is dead. If everyone but the cleric is dead, they gotta be the ones tanking the damage. So again, OP you are fine. Do the build you want. As long as you're able to get the job done, it doesn't really matter what your build is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'd love to see you restat to 100 vit from a pure mag. You're obviously clueless. I gave the vit build a try with cleric. It is fail fail fail; just like people who use personal attacks rather than arguments.

If u want to make a valid arguement , pls try not to make it trolling. And i didnt see and attack there.

1) since when i said that vit build consist of 100 vit ???? I have clearly said in many posts that a vit build should have Vit round to 40-60 , or else it would gimp magic dmg. Also since when i said that people should reset from Pure magic to a vit build , never. Again u prove ur own stupidity. Try harder troll.

2) u put 100 vit in ur cleric , and u gimped his/her damage which is so normal. u failed , and now all vit build fail cause ur big majestry cant admit that he did sth wrong. Sorry but Vitality isnt the thing u can blame on but only ur own mistake.

As for being Clueless , i have been in this game for a long time to know how stat points work. and i can tell u that vit works fine , But u need to possess the basic skill to handle it, since it seems that some people cant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • thumbs
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Oh look it's tweakz giving crappy advice again.

Oh look it's pedo doing personal attacks. How original!
    Vit builds are not mooch builds.
    They are the poor-man's build or the survivability build.

No one needs to be that damned poor in this game. If they're poor it's because they're skimming their way through rather than playing. Instead of equips: they spend on xp. Then the more xp they get; the more they fall behind on equips. In order to get by: they have to mooch off other players who are diligent, or do they stay out of squads altogether?

-The true stupid idiot of pwi forums is JanusZeal.