APS Idiots

Comments

• Noriliza - Sanctuary
    Noriliza - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    why in the bloody hell would you want to buy r8 instead of nirv dags

r8 is an alternative choise until you get nirvana cause noone will take you at nirvana runs with hook n thorns

lol??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Copied from the top of the forum ads, I knew this was really pwusa
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    oh sry you got bm so you know all about sinsb:chuckle
    as a matter of fact one coa event me and jopex got to do same boss ..solo...for 30 min in different rooms..
    i got 450 orbs and joppex got 480 orbs...that's lets say 20-30 sec advance and we both got dagers +!2 ....he has 5 aps +zerk dager....but yea facts means nothing when you are so pro like you are...what was your sin aps again? ever heard of using chi to spark to purify in tt? how could you...since you never been in a higher tt....but i do see you keep on insults proving again...hmm..what was that?

Wow, are you really ****? I mean you always sound **** but I always contribute that to you are not fluent in English, but apparently you are just **** and probably won't sound smart either in your native language. Have you never thought maybe it was because jope is sharded full DoT and you are not? On the same Sin R9 at 4 APS out DPS second cast zerk dag you APS idiot.

What's my Sin's APS? It's no longer in service, since when was the last time you've seen my Sin? My BM still rocks you guys in TW though.
  • Nyxyo - Harshlands
    Nyxyo - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    go take care of your bm man.... also try get laid .....hormons are screaming all over you...obviously you have no idea about sin mechanics so stick to your bm and also maybe an anger management class?
    PS i also got some DoT stones in armors but that really is not important for you....b:laugh
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    obviously you have no idea about sin mechanics so stick to your bm

This coming from the guy who thinks 2nd cast Nirvana out DPS R9? LOL. Speaking of Sin mechanics, do you even know how DEX contribute to your damage, or why 3.33 APS is 5.0 sparked? Here's a simple one, what is "weapon damage"?
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    <this idiot make 450 orbs in Coa in 30 min on a single mobs...how many you make ?
    >also same idiot runs tt-3-3 in 3 ppl team...in 40min or so...
    why don't you come teach me how to pve better?
    ohh wait i forgot you are a useless forum troll...sry my bad...next time you bother to reply tell me why i am wrong don't go insult...are enough zulus that do just that...hmm wait you are zulu? lol sry if so again i guess is your job

Thing is not wether you get more points then Okeano, but wether you get more points with you r9 at 4 aps or with your (I suppose) g15 vanas at 5 aps. What you said above makes no sence to me either, about 5 chi per sec extra enabling you to cast subsea more and such. Having chi problems on a sin seems pretty much impossible to me.

*Face palm* You know, he made this thread complaining about "APS idiots", not asking them to come and post here.

Weren't you a fist sin? b:puzzled
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Weren't you a fist sin? b:puzzled

Yeah, only because I stopped caring for Sin anymore to keep gearing it up so I restated it to wear my BM's gears, fully aware that daggers do more DPS.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This coming from the guy who thinks 2nd cast Nirvana out DPS R9? LOL. Speaking of Sin mechanics, do you even know how DEX contribute to your damage, or why 3.33 APS is 5.0 sparked? Here's a simple one, what is "weapon damage"?

the correct G15 cast does out DPS r9, but it costs a ton more (unless you're a lucky SoB). Non-the-less, it out DPS r9.
    Thing is not wether you get more points then Okeano, but wether you get more points with you r9 at 4 aps or with your (I suppose) g15 vanas at 5 aps. What you said above makes no sence to me either, about 5 chi per sec extra enabling you to cast subsea more and such. Having chi problems on a sin seems pretty much impossible to me.

He's saying use the 5.0 APS to re-chi yourself up and use skills after you spark to use powerdash / subsea. Lower APS doesn't give you this situation as much as a higher 5.0 would. When you also factor in some bosses that sleep/stun/seal/etc then lower APS can use this combo even less often. I'm one of those only wanting to use G13s for TTs for this reason (since I duo with wife).

In any case it doesn't really matter, as long as what you're doing works and you're happy with it.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    the correct G15 cast does out DPS r9, but it costs a ton more (unless you're a lucky SoB). Non-the-less, it out DPS r9.

By "the correct G15" you mean GoF, max att +150 and -0.05 that has less chance of rolling than winning the lottery, yes. But he's talking about a normal zerk dag with -0.05, hence the story about how he got out DPS by someone with zerk, acc +30%, -0.05 dags, without realizing that he's sharded full VIT stones and other person sharded full DoT.
    He's saying use the 5.0 APS to re-chi yourself up and use skills after you spark to use powerdash / subsea. Lower APS doesn't give you this situation as much as a higher 5.0 would. When you also factor in some bosses that sleep/stun/seal/etc then lower APS can use this combo even less often. I'm one of those only wanting to use G13s for TTs for this reason (since I duo with wife).
    Why would you use Dash or Subsea in the first place, to increase your DPS right? So you reduce your DPS first by using G13 dags so you can use Subsea/Dash more often to increase it? One way or another, 5 APS doesn't give you the extra 2 sparks to use any of those skills anyways, so to use any of those, you'd still have to stop and use a chi skill first.
  • Rice_hero - Lost City
    Rice_hero - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    By "the correct G15" you mean GoF, max att +150 and -0.05 that has less chance of rolling than winning the lottery, yes. But he's talking about a normal zerk dag with -0.05, hence the story about how he got out DPS by someone with zerk, acc +30%, -0.05 dags, without realizing that he's sharded full VIT stones and other person sharded full DoT.

Why would you use Dash or Subsea in the first place, to increase your DPS right? So you reduce your DPS first by using G13 dags so you can use Subsea/Dash more often to increase it? One way or another, 5 APS doesn't give you the extra 2 sparks to use any of those skills anyways, so to use any of those, you'd still have to stop and use a chi skill first.

I think he means, only using the combo w/ powerdash/subsea strike when Inner Harmony is done on cooldown, I would never spark, rising dragon strike, then continue combo unless i time it w/ a bm's heaven's flame. I've experienced both 5.0 & 4.0 on my G.15 Daggers & I must say 5.0 w/ crit+3% -.05 > 4.0 reg. zerk for pve atleast, zerk is much much better for pvp but it is lacking a lot in pve w/out the -.05 interval. with 4.0 sparked & having full chi, you can do the combo once at the beginning of the fight, then you will be perma sparking with no combos after that because you will be atleast 50 chi short each time you do a combo afterwards unless you waste time using chi skills. On the other hand, 5.0 can easily continually chain these combos & maintain perma sparking. Also at end game, if you calculate full dot build +12, 2 socketed Drake flame stones, and all the good stuff, Rank IX actually doesn't do that much more damage than a regular zerk 5.0. It'll do maybe 15-25k dps more. Which is still really high of a difference if you're killing a boss that may take 2-4minutes but who doesn't love 5.0 over 4.0 for pve anyways and not to mention that a +12 w/ zerk g.15 will still be as much of a 1 shot threat as rank 9 in pvp and rank 9 daggers being potentially almost double the cost because of gold price. A good 2nd cast dagger would cost around 350-450m if you farm & bought from nv or 100% free if you farmed all the raptures, getting it to a good stat will probably be another 10-200m depending on your luck. Total being 500-600m, comparing to 1.1-1.4m gold price r.9 of 850m-1.0b. Well, thats if you farm & not cash shop. Gold will never go down, QQ.

back to the OP, I do agree that 4.0 rank 8 daggers do just as good of a dmg & possibly taking aggro over because of higher end dmg @+10 comparing w/ a 1st cast +10, but the 1st cast will do more dps from better average dps overall. For Rank 8, You will need a pangu tome(250m) & 2nd cast nv legs(130m), while 1st cast can be 5.0 sparked w/out one or the other. r.8 is 62-82m? extra 2m for the r.8 weapon; idk the price anymore +10 it will cost 100m (average estimate) tishaing to 7 then orbing, tome will be 250m now, so total would be 432m.

1st cast would be 130-160m assuming you farmed it during 2x drops. 100m for +10 (same reason as above) & just for the sake that either build didn't have nv leggings @ 2nd cast nv legs estimated 130m w/ 99 leggings $ also included. r.8 chest 62-82,Total would be 462m.

So that's estimate price for both @ +10, would be a 30m difference. If you solo instances or is the main tank, you'll also find that 5.0 is much better, more dps because of average weapon dmg dps, more chi per second for bosses like 3-2/3-3 steelation (sleeps you), 3-1/ 3-3 Dark colluseast (debuffs you) a lot!, boss after big room in frost (debuff, stun,), last 2 holeen boss, minister in 3-2/3-3 (sleeps), All nv boss (seals) & prob. more unless that 4.0 is Rank IX but that's not in the op.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011

It's +130 max attack, and I don't care how much it costs that doesn't determine the statistical damage calculation that it's better. I personally wouldn't give a **** about 20k dps if I can stay 5.0 instead of 4.0. Not everything is ultimately determined by DPS being maxed.

I'm not just amping my damage if you would have taken the time to read I duo with my wife. We can both alternate subsea strike the entire way through the fight with the other using power dash....

I guess you don't realize that if you 3 spark and use inner you get 2 more sparks? Inner is instant you don't lose any time using it and I get to amp for 15 seconds for my wife and myself during the fight. 4.0s will have to use inner just to get the chi to 3 spark instead of saving it to amp.... we both duo fine with out G13s and amping the whole fight, you have fun with what you want.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    back to the OP, I do agree that 4.0 rank 8 daggers do just as good of a dmg & possibly taking aggro over because of higher end dmg @+10 comparing w/ a 1st cast +10, but the 1st cast will do more dps from better average dps overall. For Rank 8, You will need a pangu tome(250m) & 2nd cast nv legs(130m), while 1st cast can be 5.0 sparked w/out one or the other. r.8 is 62-82m? extra 2m for the r.8 weapon; idk the price anymore +10 it will cost 100m (average estimate) tishaing to 7 then orbing, tome will be 250m now, so total would be 432m.

... Did you even read my post?

Nowhere was I comparing a +10 R8 to a +10 Barrier Thorn: Nirvana. All I said was that I see an awfully lot of people with an extremely good weapon or extremely good gear with pathetic refines, the chief example being Barrier Thorn: Nirvanas sharded with a Flawless Garnet and +3 refine. That's kinda redundant of you to spend 200m on a weapon if you're just going to be losing DPS. And that's what happens if you're not getting a good refine on that Barrier Thorn: Nirvana.

And btw, the cost of Rank 8 is non-factor because everyone gets it for endgame on an Assassin. So you're comparing just the 2m, the price of 2 Garnet Gems and the +10 refine, which comes to about 165-175m. Compared to Barrier Thorn alone costing 200m at least.
    1st cast would be 130-160m assuming you farmed it during 2x drops. 100m for +10 (same reason as above) & just for the sake that either build didn't have nv leggings @ 2nd cast nv legs estimated 130m w/ 99 leggings $ also included. r.8 chest 62-82,Total would be 462m.

So that's estimate price for both @ +10, would be a 30m difference. If you solo instances or is the main tank, you'll also find that 5.0 is much better, more dps because of average weapon dmg dps, more chi per second for bosses like 3-2/3-3 steelation (sleeps you), 3-1/ 3-3 Dark colluseast (debuffs you) a lot!, boss after big room in frost (debuff, stun,), last 2 holeen boss, minister in 3-2/3-3 (sleeps), All nv boss (seals) & prob. more unless that 4.0 is Rank IX but that's not in the op.

Seriously, I'm starting to think that you didn't even read a single word I wrote.

Because nowhere, nowhere did I say a word about comparing equal costs on non-weapon equipment, because those are all the same: everyone gets a tome and nirv leggings and Rank 8 and TT99 armors and TT99 ornaments. That's not where the difference comes in, it's the weapon: A +10 Rank 8 weapon with 2x Garnet Gems costs less than a +0 Barrier Thorn: Nirvana. And yet you see tons of people running around with a +3 Barrier Thorn: Nirvana. And that's just... illogical.

Especially since a lot of these people already have all the other -interval gear, putting them at 2.86/4.0 aps anyway. So the difference from getting a Barrier Thorn: Nirvana is even less.

The whole point I was making can be summed in the following few points:
    1. There is no reason to discuss the cost effectiveness of non-weapon equipment because there is no better alternatives for DPS. Well, the only exception is nirvana hats. But other than that, everyone always gets the same gear, because there's just nothing else that even gives them proper increases in DPS.
    2. There is no point is spending massive amounts of coinage on a weapon if you're not willing or able to also refine it well. Examples of this are all those Barrier Thorn: Nirvanas with pathetic refines.
    3. Considering cost effectiveness on weapons, a Rank 8 weapon ranks extremely high because any other alternative will cost so much that it'll have to be compared to a +10 Rank 8 with 2x Garnet Gems either way.
    4. There is no excuse why anyone would have a Barrier Thorn: Nirvana with a bad refine. If you got the 220m+ coins that it takes to buy the weapon, you have more than enough to get coins for a +10 refine within a month or two.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    I think he means, only using the combo w/ powerdash/subsea strike when Inner Harmony is done on cooldown, I would never spark, rising dragon strike, then continue combo unless i time it w/ a bm's heaven's flame. I've experienced both 5.0 & 4.0 on my G.15 Daggers & I must say 5.0 w/ crit+3% -.05 > 4.0 reg. zerk for pve atleast, zerk is much much better for pvp but it is lacking a lot in pve w/out the -.05 interval. with 4.0 sparked & having full chi, you can do the combo once at the beginning of the fight, then you will be perma sparking with no combos after that because you will be atleast 50 chi short each time you do a combo afterwards unless you waste time using chi skills. On the other hand, 5.0 can easily continually chain these combos & maintain perma sparking.
    How? You get 375 chi back at 5 APS each time you spark for 15 seconds. So except for the first cycle where you had 99 chi left over, what combo are you going to use with that 75 chi if you don't use any chi skill? I'm not comparing 5.0 with crit to 4.0 with zerk. I'm comparing 5.0 with zerk to 4.0 with 30 attack levels and GoF. the 30 attack levels alone more than makes up for the 25% more hits at 5.0.
    Also at end game, if you calculate full dot build +12, 2 socketed Drake flame stones, and all the good stuff, Rank IX actually doesn't do that much more damage than a regular zerk 5.0. It'll do maybe 15-25k dps more. Which is still really high of a difference if you're killing a boss that may take 2-4minutes but who doesn't love 5.0 over 4.0 for pve anyways and not to mention that a +12 w/ zerk g.15 will still be as much of a 1 shot threat as rank 9 in pvp and rank 9 daggers being potentially almost double the cost because of gold price. A good 2nd cast dagger would cost around 350-450m if you farm & bought from nv or 100% free if you farmed all the raptures, getting it to a good stat will probably be another 10-200m depending on your luck. Total being 500-600m, comparing to 1.1-1.4m gold price r.9 of 850m-1.0b. Well, thats if you farm & not cash shop. Gold will never go down, QQ.
    Why would you love 5.0 over 4.0 for PvE if 4.0 with R9 kills it faster? I'm not arguing that G1 isn't sufficient or which one is cheaper. I'm just calling Nyxyo out for being "APS idiot" because he would rather have lower DPS dags for PvE, just because he sees 5.0 and thinks it's better than R9 without actually calculate the DPS.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    ... Did you even read my post?

Nowhere was I comparing a +10 R8 to a +10 Barrier Thorn: Nirvana. All I said was that I see an awfully lot of people with an extremely good weapon or extremely good gear with pathetic refines, the chief example being Barrier Thorn: Nirvanas sharded with a Flawless Garnet and +3 refine. That's kinda redundant of you to spend 200m on a weapon if you're just going to be losing DPS. And that's what happens if you're not getting a good refine on that Barrier Thorn: Nirvana.

And btw, the cost of Rank 8 is non-factor because everyone gets it for endgame on an Assassin. So you're comparing just the 2m, the price of 2 Garnet Gems and the +10 refine, which comes to about 165-175m. Compared to Barrier Thorn alone costing 200m at least.

Seriously, I'm starting to think that you didn't even read a single word I wrote.

Because nowhere, nowhere did I say a word about comparing equal costs on non-weapon equipment, because those are all the same: everyone gets a tome and nirv leggings and Rank 8 and TT99 armors and TT99 ornaments. That's not where the difference comes in, it's the weapon: A +10 Rank 8 weapon with 2x Garnet Gems costs less than a +0 Barrier Thorn: Nirvana. And yet you see tons of people running around with a +3 Barrier Thorn: Nirvana. And that's just... illogical.

Especially since a lot of these people already have all the other -interval gear, putting them at 2.86/4.0 aps anyway. So the difference from getting a Barrier Thorn: Nirvana is even less.

The whole point I was making can be summed in the following few points:
    1. There is no reason to discuss the cost effectiveness of non-weapon equipment because there is no better alternatives for DPS. Well, the only exception is nirvana hats. But other than that, everyone always gets the same gear, because there's just nothing else that even gives them proper increases in DPS.
    2. There is no point is spending massive amounts of coinage on a weapon if you're not willing or able to also refine it well. Examples of this are all those Barrier Thorn: Nirvanas with pathetic refines.
    3. Considering cost effectiveness on weapons, a Rank 8 weapon ranks extremely high because any other alternative will cost so much that it'll have to be compared to a +10 Rank 8 with 2x Garnet Gems either way.
    4. There is no excuse why anyone would have a Barrier Thorn: Nirvana with a bad refine. If you got the 220m+ coins that it takes to buy the weapon, you have more than enough to get coins for a +10 refine within a month or two.

People can't always afford to completely finish their weapons off in one shot. Yes their nirvana is +3 for now but maybe they are working on getting G15s or saving up to +10 which at that point makes your mysterious wondering pointless. maybe you can get r8 +10 with 2 garnet gems before a nirvana dagger, but there's no point in using r8 that you will strive to replace with G15s or w/e later on....now THAT is what makes no sense to me based on your logic.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    I guess you don't realize that if you 3 spark and use inner you get 2 more sparks? Inner is instant you don't lose any time using it and I get to amp for 15 seconds for my wife and myself during the fight. 4.0s will have to use inner just to get the chi to 3 spark instead of saving it to amp.... we both duo fine with out G13s and amping the whole fight, you have fun with what you want.
    You get full sparks back at 4.0 if not interrupted by bosses, so both can do that combo. If you get sleep or sealed, the chances are, you'll need chi skill to spark again anyways at 5.0 if the interruption is long enough. I's fine if G13 works for you guys, and I'm not saying they are not good enough. But it's just fact that 2 pairs of R9 at 4.0 will out DPS you guys.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    You get full sparks back at 4.0 if not interrupted by bosses, so both can do that combo. If you get sleep or sealed, the chances are, you'll need chi skill to spark again anyways at 5.0 if the interruption is long enough. I's fine if G13 works for you guys, and I'm not saying they are not good enough. But it's just fact that 2 pairs of R9 at 4.0 will out DPS you guys.

I haven't died in a TT3-2 or 3-3 in 7 months and that's the most important fact. Bosses are so random it doesn't matter if we duo a boss in 6 minutes and another duo kills it in 4 minutes because our boss might never do anything and theirs might give them complete hell. Bosses are to random in TTs now, and I'd rather not mess with a GoF streak that leaves me vulnerable to a 1 shot by emperor. Like I said I'm certainly not calling anyone that uses r9 in TTs stupid, I just simply say do what works for you.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    People can't always afford to completely finish their weapons off in one shot. Yes their nirvana is +3 for now but maybe they are working on getting G15s or saving up to +10 which at that point makes your mysterious wondering pointless. maybe you can get r8 +10 with 2 garnet gems before a nirvana dagger, but there's no point in using r8 that you will strive to replace with G15s or w/e later on....now THAT is what makes no sense to me based on your logic.

If you only have 220m, spending it all on a weapon and working towards 100 for the refine takes much longer than not spending that 220m and working towards 320m. And that's why the low refines make no sense.

There's really no reason to go for G15 nirvana or R9 for PvE anyway.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    There's really no reason to go for G15 nirvana or R9 for PvE anyway.

That's one of the dumbest things i've seen you say. b:bye
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    That's one of the dumbest things i've seen you say. b:bye

How so?
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    How so?

I totally agree: It's dumb. Some people try to disassociate pve and pvp, but they have a lot in common.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    tweakz wrote: »
    I totally agree: It's dumb. Some people try to disassociate pve and pvp, but they have a lot in common.

Well personally I don't really see the point in spending 500m or so on gear so that you can do what, solo instances and farm gear better to make more money?
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Back to what the origianal post was about. Many of those crapy sharded sins you see are new ones who simply came about after the merchants inflated the price of gems beyond where anyone but merchants or super cash shoppers could get in a timely manner.Manny put crapy purgable gems only to switch out after meeting the "threashold" for farming.
    The crappy refines come from this...Some cash shoppers only put a certain amount of money each month, an maybe they ran out before finishing.
    You would say well they should have bought rank 8 an +10 it an used the difference to mercant untill you could buy the whole g15 or rank 9 weapon already sharded an refined...Well some of us dont like to merchant , an if i want to waste time merchanting I would do it in the real world not the "fake" one.
    Honestly they should make all cash shoped stuff bound upon receiving to put an end to all the filthy merchants who create so much inflation
    Sorry my merch hate slipped out a bit lol
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Well personally I don't really see the point in spending 500m or so on gear so that you can do what, solo instances and farm gear better to make more money?

And it's somehow magically different on a PvP server? Yes everyone over level 30 is auto in PK mode....but 80% of your time is going to be in PvE to....farm coin....and get better gear...

This just in everyone is on a PvE server, just not everyone is on a PvP server.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks the game mechanics are somehow completely different just because everyone is in PK mode. And just fyi we have this pretty button that *gasp* puts anyone in pk mode even those carebear r9 people that you're so fascinated with that buy r9 for a PvE server.....
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    And it's somehow magically different on a PvP server? Yes everyone over level 30 is auto in PK mode....but 80% of your time is going to be in PvE to....farm coin....and get better gear...

This just in everyone is on a PvE server, just not everyone is on a PvP server.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks the game mechanics are somehow completely different just because everyone is in PK mode. And just fyi we have this pretty button that *gasp* puts anyone in pk mode even those carebear r9 people that you're so fascinated with that buy r9 for a PvE server.....

Hey, a hint: I said "for PvE". Not "for PvE servers".

And my point was exactly that you can maintain a G13 nirv dagger for all of your farming needs. Only reason to get G15 or R9 would be PvP, TW and boredom.

Because really, spending 500m on a weapon that you'll end up using on farming Nirvana? It's not really going to speed up things significantly and the 500m could be used to merchant while farming with a G13 nirvana dagger for a better overall outcome.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011

And my point was exactly that you can maintain a G13 nirv dagger for all of your farming needs. Only reason to get G15 or R9 would be PvP, TW and boredom.

Because really, spending 500m on a weapon that you'll end up using on farming Nirvana? It's not really going to speed up things significantly and the 500m could be used to merchant while farming with a G13 nirvana dagger for a better overall outcome.

So because we don't all PK we shouldn't strive for the best gear? On a side note most of the people that have r9 on my server 1. Do pk and 2. Have TW every week.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    So because we don't all PK we shouldn't strive for the best gear? On a side note most of the people that have r9 on my server 1. Do pk and 2. Have TW every week.

Then again, what is the point?

You don't exactly need a Dark Death Thorn or Catastrophe Stinger in anything in PvE and the margin they'd give you wouldn't really justify the cost.

Well yeah, I suppose it's one reason to keep playing the game: to be able to say that you have the best possible gear. Then again, that is kinda silly.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011

You don't exactly need a Dark Death Thorn or Catastrophe Stinger in anything in PvE and the margin they'd give you wouldn't really justify the cost.

Well yeah, I suppose it's one reason to keep playing the game: to be able to say that you have the best possible gear. Then again, that is kinda silly.

You don't need them for pvp either.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You all are so eager to argue that you're missing Olba's point.
    Getting DDTs for farming purposes in PvE is a waste because PvE wise they are not that great an improvement to make up for the extra 300mil you spent to make them anytime soon.

He said nothing about PvP originally. Of course they are useful for PvP as every little bit makes a huge difference. But for PvE, it's not a wise choice if you want it for farming purposes.

Everyone is allowed to do what they want. If you want g15 or r9 daggers for farming, knock yourself out, but it will take you so long to farm back up the money spent on it that it is not the best choice for farming.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011

You don't need r9 or G15 to PK effectively. It seems to me that you feel that PK servers actually PK 109238709178324x more then PvE servers do? That's pretty far from the truth. There are plenty of people on dreamweaver that have probably PK'd more then half of the players on PvP servers. The server make up doesn't really dictate how much someone PKs, that up to the players.

If you split the times (PvE vs PvP) across all the servers I bet you'd be shocked at the findings. I bet at most PvP servers will average maybe 3-5% more PK then what PvE servers do which means you're telling me "we PK 3% more then you so we have a reason to spend an extra 500m and you don't." None of which makes any sense to me and that's truly what I find silly about your justification based on if you play a PvP server or not.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited July 2011

I got r9 because of the ease it makes things. Being able to farm nirvava at least twice as fast because all bosses don't have time to use -any- of their special moves, such as defense buff on 2nd boss, aoe on shouting boss, 1 shot mode on x4 boss, etc.

Those attacks do take a bit of time, and when farming a lot of runs it adds up.

With r9 everything PvE is even easier, as compared to g13. Sure the dps of 5.0 g13 daggers is good, but the dps difference between g13 and r9 is immensely different. Sure you can do your math and "prove it" here.. but you won't know the difference until you actually experience it first hand. That's all I can say.

I heard the doubts of g13/g15 and r9; I read and did the math myself; I saw the math everyone did here, but it wasn't until I saw it in action, then experiencing it myself, to see the difference in dps.

I'm jusy saying from my own experience
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    @ Skai : Do you miss your 1 extra attack per sec in instances, to the point you use your old daggers over r9 in vana or tt?