Whats YOUR opinion on spending real life money?

13»

Comments

• Amphradite - Harshlands
    Amphradite - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    ^I understand where you're coming from. I had a real problem with Yugioh.

And Its fine if someone wants to spend a bunch on pwi. I spend a bit when I have the chance.
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You're an idiot.

That is all.

OH NOES! A TROLL CALLED ME A NAME! MY LIFE IS OVER b:shockedb:cry

But despite me really not caring what you think, lets break this down. 2.5 years = 130 weeks. 130 weeks x 20 bucks a week = 2600. So ive spent less than 20 bucks a week on this game.

How is my 20 bucks a week on something I enjoy any worse than say, blowing 20 bucks a week at a bar, or on movies? I personally HATE drinking, I think it is a waste of money. Do I condemn the people that decide to blow 20 bucks a week at a bar? (And lets face it, 20 bucks a week to go out is really cheap. Its usually way more than that). Or what about the people that order a pizza every week? Thats roughly 20 bucks depending on where you go. Or movies. Standard movie- 10.75. Popcorn- 4 bucks. Drink- 4 bucks. So for a movie a week, thats about 19 bucks. I have not spent more per week on my form of enjoyment than most other people. It's just my form of enjoyment is different.

So no, YOU are an idiot.

That is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Spending money is fine, spending entire paychecks is weird to me. I just find it hard to believe that someone who spends $4000 on full +12 r9 over the span of 2-3 months has a decent job. If youre making enough EXTRA money after rent/car payment/insurance/ alimony/ child support/ drug addiction, that you can blow $4000 on a whim, you must be making $30+ an hour, and if you are, wtf are you doing sitting on a laptop playing a f2p mmorpg all day for? Go out and make some cheese you dumbass. It's not like the people with r9 barely play, they're ALWAYS on. This is their life. And that's fine i s'pose...

To me if they're spending that much money on a video game then they don't have bills, in other words they're teenagers with part time jobs, or grown adults still in their mother's basement. But very few are adults living on their own making tons of cash spending this kind of money because they're filthy rich lol. Some are, and I am uber jealous of them. But some would rather be cool in a video game, than move out of their moms place. And that's fine, it's their life.

Flame on. I know someone's gonna call me jelly of the CSers. But truth is I could be one too, but I'd rather save up for a car.... Since I totalled my last one. So PW isn't on my list of priorities for my money.

Edit: Just to clarify what I would deem normal, $40-50 a month max is normal to me. More than $500 a month is weird.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Spending money is fine, spending entire paychecks is weird to me. I just find it hard to believe that someone who spends $4000 on full +12 r9 over the span of 2-3 months has a decent job. If youre making enough EXTRA money after rent/car payment/insurance/ alimony/ child support/ drug addiction, that you can blow $4000 on a whim, you must be making $30+ an hour, and if you are, wtf are you doing sitting on a laptop playing a f2p mmorpg all day for? Go out and make some cheese you dumbass. It's not like the people with r9 barely play, they're ALWAYS on. This is their life. And that's fine i s'pose...

To me if they're spending that much money on a video game then they don't have bills, in other words they're teenagers with part time jobs, or grown adults still in their mother's basement.

What job do you know that doesn't require a high school diploma or only a high school diploma that is making 30+ dollars every hour? More likely that latter sadly.

OH NOES! A TROLL CALLED ME A NAME! MY LIFE IS OVER b:shockedb:cry

But despite me really not caring what you think, lets break this down. 2.5 years = 130 weeks. 130 weeks x 20 bucks a week = 2600. So ive spent less than 20 bucks a week on this game.

How is my 20 bucks a week on something I enjoy any worse than say, blowing 20 bucks a week at a bar, or on movies? I personally HATE drinking, I think it is a waste of money. Do I condemn the people that decide to blow 20 bucks a week at a bar? (And lets face it, 20 bucks a week to go out is really cheap. Its usually way more than that). Or what about the people that order a pizza every week? Thats roughly 20 bucks depending on where you go. Or movies. Standard movie- 10.75. Popcorn- 4 bucks. Drink- 4 bucks. So for a movie a week, thats about 19 bucks. I have not spent more per week on my form of enjoyment than most other people. It's just my form of enjoyment is different.

So no, YOU are an idiot.

That is all.

O.O those movie prices are high in your area. A movie ticket in my area is 4 dollars with student ID/senior citizens (college student ID works too) and 6 dollars otherwise. And the popcorn+soda combo is like 6 bucks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited July 2011
    O.O those movie prices are high in your area. A movie ticket in my area is 4 dollars with student ID/senior citizens (college student ID works too) and 6 dollars otherwise. And the popcorn+soda combo is like 6 bucks.

b:surrender I wish. The early bird matinees, which are the cheapest, are still like 7 bucks here...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:

• Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    What job do you know that doesn't require a high school diploma or only a high school diploma that is making 30+ dollars every hour? More likely that latter sadly.

Construction worker lol. That doesnt need anything I don't think xD

The majority of players being the latter was the point of my post xP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2011

10 bucks here. And another 10 bucks for popcorn and a soda. It's cheaper to rent a movie, LOL.

Anyways, I don't care what people do with their money. I spent a little here and there in the 2.5 years I've played. This is my entertainment. Some people go out to drink and party, I prefer to play games. Ain't nothing wrong with that.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Education trains you to work for the man. Some of the wealthiest people in USA didn't graduate High School. I can make over $50 an hour just mowing lawn, painting, or odd jobs which requires no formal education.

Entertainment can be expensive. Compare cost of being elite in this game with cost of a prostitute, social drinking, theme parks, etc. The biggest difference is the lack of consumer orientation of this company.

The question of spending money on this game should be more about how the company treats you, and how far you can trust it. I see things like my faction leader being threatened with ban for fake TW bidding when all he's doing is providing a TW option for his guild. I see people spending thousands of dollars only to have something better come out for hundreds a month later or so. I see people buying stuff that doesn't work as stated or is a waste of money but they bought for a lack of knowledge. Anniversary mounts came out and killed mount values. Attendance rings came out and killed many rings values, etc etc.

CSing supposedly isn't fair, but I have 1/3 of the year off from work to play. -Is that fair? There's just far too much whining in this game.
    edited July 2011
    Construction worker lol. That doesnt need anything I don't think xD

The majority of players being the latter was the point of my post xP

The high paid ones receive education and undergo apprenticeships actually. And most construction jobs do require at least a high school diploma. Then many require you to go to trade school/vocational school/community college depending on that its your planning on doing. You also have to take trade training in blueprint reading, general shop and welding. They also have to take health and safety training. Unless you're just like sweeping up debri and bringing people their tools, but that entry level position doesn't pay 30 bucks an hour. LOL Well, the legit ones anyway. A girl who lives across the street from me is a construction worker and I was surprised by all the training he needed.

To others: 10 dollars is the norm o.o I feel so lucky now lol, and to think I used to complain about the costs of going to the movies....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hey guys b:laugh

(Im not too sure if this would be the right place, so move it if needed!)

Well I've been wondering recently what everyone elses views are on spending real life money, on a game, such as purchasing zen.
    I know that a lot of people would see it as wasted money, whilst some would see it as not a problem, as you're spending on something you enjoy.
    I for one, see it as not too much of a problem, because you're free to spend your earned cash however YOU want, and I have no problem with supporting games :P, and I have some spare cash so its okay.

What are your views on this? Do you purchase zen? If not why?
    Im bored so would love to read your opinions b:victory

Spending money on entertainment in general shouldn't be strange to us. For younger folks, 30 bucks, 100 bucks, on booze for a weekend? That's not abnormal with the roommates I've been with. What about computer games? 50 bucks for a newly released, high quality game is not abnormal. If someone wanted to spend on this game instead of spend on their usual entertainment, in my opinion it's no different.

Personally I don't spend because I'm cheap, but see, I don't go to the movies or drink on weekends either. I just don't spend a lot IRL in general.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I would rather spend $100 with my friends in single day, then $10 every week on any PC/Console game.
    I just like to go out and have fun with my (real) friends, do stupid things, listen to loud music and meet new people. b:chuckle

But on any F2P game i'm not giving more than $10 every 2-3 months, and in case of PWI my opinion is that even that amount of money is too high. Game is good, but not good enough to make me spend $10 every month.
    For $10/month I could play certain game that on launch had almost no bugs, and every (major) bug is fixed within a week. So to me it's just stupid to support any company that doesn't care about me, player, that doesn't fix bugs but just "fix" weekly sales.

I don't care how much people spend on PWI, but I don't see any real reason to spend more than $10/month. It's just a game.
  • Foxyface - Dreamweaver
    Foxyface - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    pwi is a ftp game ofc. and farming gear is about the only thing to do at endgame

after theirs not much left to do but git bored and quit or stand around and pk each other

im not impressed buy cash players i look at them as sad lil people with a addictions.

pwi uses pride as a way to manipulate u for your $, try to keep that in mind b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    dont pay money couse i dont have any rights! dont want to spend money on something i cant own :(

if i could get some rights on my account and on my chars i would spend immidiatly, so noone would be able to ban or delete my account b:angry
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
    edited July 2011
    farming gear is about the only thing to do at endgame

PvP

10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:

• Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I do use the Shop

Most of the Day im working and when i come home im exhausted. I have only a few hours each day to play pwi and i can not play pwi everyday. I used to run 2 shops afk all day and yes i made some coins with it but just spend monney and buy coins speed up the process of getting to the point where i can say im statisfied with my equipment.

To merchant coins, or to grind them with nirvana or selling fc i need a inaceptable ammount of hours. Maybe i can grind myself 3 - 4 Million coins a hour when i give my best (without merchanting but the shops run anyways whenever i use CS or not). This is worth about 3 gold and thats a really low pay. My boss is always happy when i ask him to work more and a hour of work in rl is worth about 26 gold in pwi. So its more easy for me to spend rl cash , safe me time i dont have to spend and it enable me to enjoy pwi. Without cash shop i would not play this game because i can not compete with people who play 8 hours a day or more. But thanks to the shop i can participate in most activitys and who dosnt like an good cleric, charmed with 9500 hp unbuffed in their team ?

People who not spend monney here arn't less welcome as spending players if they spend enough hours in pwi they can and will become equal to cash shoppers. It will just take (a lot) more time.

i think pwi earn a lot of cash and tbh im a little sad that they use most of the monney to develop new games. Yeah its their monney as soon i spend it but when they earn that good, why are they to greedy to enhance ingame support and someone watch the world chat ?
    I hate Room 38
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    Aeyisha - Lost City Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Spending money on entertainment in general shouldn't be strange to us. For younger folks, 30 bucks, 100 bucks, on booze for a weekend? That's not abnormal with the roommates I've been with. What about computer games? 50 bucks for a newly released, high quality game is not abnormal. If someone wanted to spend on this game instead of spend on their usual entertainment, in my opinion it's no different.

Personally I don't spend because I'm cheap, but see, I don't go to the movies or drink on weekends either. I just don't spend a lot IRL in general.

That's just Friday for me, not the whole weekend. God knows how much I spend all together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    Where wizards pull catas and barbs are nearly extinct...
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The high paid ones receive education and undergo apprenticeships actually. And most construction jobs do require at least a high school diploma. Then many require you to go to trade school/vocational school/community college depending on that its your planning on doing. You also have to take trade training in blueprint reading, general shop and welding. They also have to take health and safety training. Unless you're just like sweeping up debri and bringing people their tools, but that entry level position doesn't pay 30 bucks an hour. LOL Well, the legit ones anyway. A girl who lives across the street from me is a construction worker and I was surprised by all the training he needed.

To others: 10 dollars is the norm o.o I feel so lucky now lol, and to think I used to complain about the costs of going to the movies....

Timeout what... b:surrender
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
    edited July 2011
    Timeout what... b:surrender

oops meant to add an s to that, should "a girl who lived across the street from me is a construction worker and I was surprised by all the training she needed," also it should be past tense. Blame it on the alcohol? Even though I don't drink....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Sure I purchase.... but...

1- I share the wealth. Bought two people R8, bought sooo many 99 mats, some medals for a few, chips, fashion, aviation, mounts.

2 - Used my refined/upgraded gear to run friends that do not CS or CS little through FBs, FC's, TT and such.

3 - Often see small struggling Vending cats in small cities, and I buy them out and sell to NPC.

4 - Often buy cheap new fashion, and set up a vending stall to sell at greatly reduced prices for non-csers. Same with aviation and mounts - and I use unknown characters to vend them. Same with TT mats.

5 - Sometimes like this weekend I do drop events... Dropped chips, 25 of those new squad summon scolls, mirages, 50+ socket stones, 10+ flawless (hp/pdef), TT drops from 1-3 and etc... It was fun.

So I think that my buying helps others that cannot buy, both directly and indirectly. I had thought about starting to set up a NPC cat within guild base selling charms at cost (equal trade no profit to me) - for days we TW, an hour before TW.

Sometimes I get in the mood and set a stall with TT mats 50% off.... or I see people struggling (small levels) and give them a charm and gold. (on an alt)

That's very, very sweet of you... b:pleased

I work 10 hours/day, 6 days/week, for exactly 175 EUROS/month. That's the equivalent of about 233 $. Prices here ( I can't disclose the location ) are some of the highest in Europe and in some cases match american prices on general goods/services.

I WISH I could spend at least some money on PWI, but to be totally honest with you...I can't afford it. The 25 $ I DID charge once however, before I started merchanting, I used to buy tideborn wings for a friend as a nice surprise.
    Those wings left my stomach unhappy for the next couple of days, if you know what I mean.

So I'm...never paying for pixels again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
    edited July 2011
    I tell you the truth as it is to me....

I have baby alts filling up my spaces to do quests and level slowly for Core Connection Points. And I do not fund them at all, from my mains.

Learning to craft on one, to level 4, was wow for me (and it was recent). To get out there, and farm for 1 tiny charm, or collect every single pot - weighing your small inventory space, was refreshing.

While buying through the CS, is nice - so is wearing armor or gear that you battled for piece by piece. The feeling of accomplishment, and pride has no price tag, and never can.

Do you feel accomplished cash-shopping, Aizza ? EVEN if you have all these alts, grinding it out the old way ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • rgog
    rgog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I have spent $20 on a movie and popcorn many times and seen some really crappy movies....even a good movie that lasts 90 minutes for $20 is not cheap.

So i gladly spend around $20 a month on this game and get a lot of relaxing hours of play from it.

It is simply a form of entertainment and spending money you can afford on it makes sense.

I do agree that you should only spend disposable income and not money that you need for RL.
  • rgog
    edited July 2011
    I work 10 hours/day, 6 days/week, for exactly 175 EUROS/month. That's the equivalent of about 233 $. Prices here ( I can't disclose the location ) are some of the highest in Europe and in some cases match american prices on general goods/services.

If you are earning less than $1 euro an hour in a UK country then you need to think about changing jobs or upgrading your education. And how could you even afford a computer or Internet connection to play?
    edited July 2011
    This is very hard to explain....

I love farming, I always have... but I also love PWI, and many of the people there are amazing...

But they struggle... and while I cannot help all, and I cannot help directly, I can help by farming, reselling at a much lower cost, helping those I see around me that really need the assist with there TT gear and such, taking some to FC when I can, so they can meet guild standards and I guess basically, I like to make myself strong, so inturn, there is no boss I cannot solo, to help my guild or friends.

I saw a small veno once, struggling and over and over she struggles and tries. But her pet is not a tanker and shes really having a hard time at it. So I log my alt, give her a white bear about her level, a pet cage, and a small tome with a green charm. I tell her - she a strong sister veno, and later when she strong, try to help others out, when she can (only by helping not giving) and I leave. They never know who I am, I often delete these small alts so no one ever knows.

Is like this... A girl in my guild once, she have no fashion, and she tried so hard to fit in. Very sweet, and kind veno. I took her to TT, taught her how to run solo, gave her tanking pet, and my full Christmas Fashion for Xmas. She worked so hard, and slowly, we parted. Later she taught another veno, and now shes over 100 and in one of the bigger guilds.

This is my feeling of accomplishment. To know, even through small things, I can help - to know that each boss I can tank, is one more boss I can help small ones with.

When I grind, think of it like me being out and seeing as it really is. Being humbled. Meeting very strong people that need assist because they are 'works in progress'. I do log my alt to help them (telling is my freind instead and not my main).

That's very kind and thoughtful of you, sweets. However, I don't recommend giving ALL your money away to random strangers, even if you can afford it. I know a guy who used to be in the same faction as me on the Archosaur server, went by the nickname of "T". He just wanted to talk to people on vent and be friends to everyone. I REALLY liked the guy, but the GIFTS he gave to everyone in that faction...were worth hundreds, if not thousands of dollars spent in a week. It was raining Warsoul helms and Cube necklaces.

In the end, he quit when he probably realized people were expecting more and more money from him. Good thing you keep your kindness a secret...right ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KennyPowers - Raging Tide
    KennyPowers - Raging Tide Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    When I first started playing I thought it would be no big deal to drop $10-$20 every once in a while. I charged $10 the first week, but after you play for a while you realize that if you don't find a way to make money in-game...you'll be charging a whole lot of zen.

So I sold all the gold, bought a cheap flyer upgraded to +2.0 for like 2 mil, and used the rest to start up a merchant catshop.

I have no problem with people who use real $$ to fund their game. We all know the ones who QQ about it are jealous. Everyone would love to get rich in a few clicks.

Since this is my first character in PWI, I'm not rushing through the game at a blinding pace. That means I'll have time to merchant along the way, and keep up with the insane cost of good engame gear. And without spending my gas money lol.
    edited July 2011
    rgog wrote: »
    If you are earning less than $1 euro an hour in a UK country then you need to think about changing jobs or upgrading your education. And how could you even afford a computer or Internet connection to play?

1. I'm not in the UK.

2. The Internet connection here is the fastest in Europe (heard that on CNN) and it costs a measly 7-8 EURO/month. I worked and saved money for 6 months to get a decent computer.

3. Food is what's really expensive here.

I do believe it's time for...guess that third-world country. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EvilCorpse - Heavens Tear
    EvilCorpse - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Its really nice to find out that people like Aizza do exist in the game. To tell you guys about myself, im from India. I am still underage, and i wished i could spend some money on this game, but thats obviously not possible... unless I use PayMo to pay by mobile. But heres the only reason why i dont, rather cant, use paymo. The charge per gold is skyrocketingly high, and if you want some numbers, its $2.63 for 60 silver thats abt 4.4 dollars per gold. For me its unaffordable, simply due to the fact that my family doesnt earn that high that i could pay abt 100 dollars for 20 gold. But ive tried to blend in with the CSers, besides having fun is the most important issue, so i cant say im not having fun. Only wishd the money:zen system was fair for all. Thx guys for reading.
    I am a spammer among trolls,
    Words are my weapons, smileys my shield,
    I have spammed over 1000 pages,
    Ignoring dislikes, nor listening to admins,
    Yet my posts are rarely deleted,
    So as I troll, Give me, Unlimited Spam Works!
    b:laugh
    edited July 2011
    When I first started playing I thought it would be no big deal to drop $10-$20 every once in a while. I charged $10 the first week, but after you play for a while you realize that if you don't find a way to make money in-game...you'll be charging a whole lot of zen.

So I sold all the gold, bought a cheap flyer upgraded to +2.0 for like 2 mil, and used the rest to start up a merchant catshop.

I have no problem with people who use real $$ to fund their game. We all know the ones who QQ about it are jealous. Everyone would love to get rich in a few clicks.

Since this is my first character in PWI, I'm not rushing through the game at a blinding pace. That means I'll have time to merchant along the way, and keep up with the insane cost of good engame gear. And without spending my gas money lol.
    1. I'm not in the UK.

2. The Internet connection here is the fastest in Europe (heard that on CNN) and it costs a measly 7-8 EURO/month. I worked and saved money for 6 months to get a decent computer.

3. Food is what's really expensive here.

I do believe it's time for...guess that third-world country. b:chuckle

Lemme guess... Waka waka?b:chuckle
    edited July 2011
    I'm not the only one thats kind - there are many. One of my friends, he pulls us through Nirvana, TT and helps to get mats and helped with culti bosses.

My last guilds (that did TW) were exceptionally helpful and kind. They took time to help my veno, my mystic and really gave of their time and knowledge.

One of my friends took alot of time to give me two variations on the R9 I am working towards and I know it took alot for him to sit and do the figuring.

Really, there are so very kind people here - CSers or not. You got your funny ones, that keep everyone smiling, you got your WC Drama Queens that make WC worth reading while farming...

I do my part, my way but many help much more then I do.... and help even more than I ever can.

I think its why I love PWI - even the people you dislike, have their moments of kindness and displays of true leadership and team spirit.

You can blend with the CSers if you just remember its not all about having.... its about doing, and playing and just having fun.

Then it wont frustrate you to try to get things fast fast fast.... and know you cannot. There is nothing wrong with this, it is what it is...

Nice gear is great to have, but it is not the 'be-all' ....

Agreed. And im still on this game, am i not? Still having fun, lvling slow, farmed each and every single piece of equipment which ive got now, and im pretty well off. Only thing which you need to stay up to date with the gears is a bit of smartness and some intelligent merchanting.
  • rgog
    edited July 2011
    Abstractive I guess I misread. I would guess India but I don't think food is expensive there?

I think a good middle class type salary in India is about equal to $6,000-$7,000 USD a year. So I could see how charging gold would be expensive. If you have any web skills you could always try and get a some freelance jobs on the side and use those funds for buying a bit of gold. I know I have worked with a few web designers/developers in India over the past 5 years and always had good experiences.