Just a consideration about cleric

sibylldevir
sibylldevir Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
I hope u will re-equilibrate classes in this game

Clerics are too much weak class

1 - No decent attack skills (each mob is a difficult battle...and probably die)
2 - Ridicolous Phy defence and HP (so easy to die)
3 - Easy to take aggro (an die)
4 - Who play cleric need to look the life line of all group...so cant see battle (and die)
5 - Others player pretend impossible (heal, resurrection, purify)...u had to work for all group and nobody interest of u....(and u die)
6 - There are in game bosses PROJECTED specifically TO KILL CLERICS (and clerics die)
7 - WHEN U DIE NOBODY RESS YOU

Me and a lot of ppl don't wont ever play cleric.

WHY WE HAD TO PLAY A WEAK AND DIFFICULT CLASS BECAUSE OTHERS HAVE FUNNY???

Yesterday 7 squad forming 6 are waiting to find a cleric...and wait and wait...Because no clerics more.

Why nobody wait to find a sin?

If staff don't will equilibrate this class, soon another cleric will leave this game.

see u
Post edited by sibylldevir on

Comments

• Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    O..........k.......................

Um, I would love to see you and your friends function without a cleric in Nirvana or TT 3's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • SinouNao - Harshlands
    SinouNao - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2011

4 - Who play cleric need to look the life line of all group...so cant see battle (and die)
    5 - Others player pretend impossible (heal, resurrection, purify)...u had to work for all group and nobody interest of u....(and u die)
    6 - There are in game bosses PROJECTED specifically TO KILL CLERICS (and clerics die)

Yesterday 7 squad forming 6 are waiting to find a cleric...and wait and wait...Because no clerics more.

If staff don't will equilibrate this class, soon another cleric will leave this game.

see u

Sorry but thats so not true

I played cleric to high lvl and yes you die SOMETIMES not that often as you say .
    You prob just suck playing his role.
    Yes you do not get res sometimes and get exp loss but cleric nowadays is prob the most wanted class ingame since no1 needs a barb anymore with 5 apsers and BP.

I played with 6 different class's sin included and i can say the class that i get more fun playing is cleric. The reason is exacly what you QQed about, you have to work your *** out to succeed not only auto attack. Thats FUN
  • Takumeme - Dreamweaver
    Takumeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Have you ever played a cleric?

Clerics are not that weak, just saying :3

Sins are playing easy mode, so have fun and stop QQing because all people want in the higher levels are Sins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RawrGummy - Dreamweaver
    RawrGummy - Dreamweaver Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    1. You built your cleric wrong
    2. You have crappy gear on your cleric
    3. You don't know how to play a cleric
    4. You're terrible at multi-tasking
    5. ?
    6. Then your tank isn't doing his job properly
    7. Go find a mystic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Go Gummy, It's your birthday~
  • Takumeme - Dreamweaver
    Takumeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    5. ?
    7. Go find a mystic

^That.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The OP just hasnt learnt clerics rules.....

Clerics Rule Number 1 - Clerics FIRST job in a squad, is to make sure THEY stay alive

Clerics Rule Number 2 - Look after the tank

Clerics Rule Number 3 - If the tank dies RUN so you can come back and res the squad

Clerics Rule Number 4 - Keep everyone else alive
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Well, clerics are squishy by nature, but they can buff and heal themselves and the party. You got to think a lot in advance and you don't have any form of knockback (if there is one, I'd love to be told which it is, thanks).

Don't expect to ninja heal spam and freely get away with it, this is no console RPG or flash game, right?

I'd be really be facepalming if one asks a cleric to go on the frontline or spam heal, they should never do it as heal aggro can happen easily. This is not their task.

If people cannot manage to be a potent healer, they should not be one. I know it's a challenge for a class and asks for dedication, but I can guarantee you that if you know what you are doing, you can at least fulfil your job nicely (I won't say master the class, it's ridiculously overrated). I'd point you to another support class (be it a half-tanker, other type of minor healer-magic spammer or a DDer) otherwise, but never forget the mob still can run towards you. No pain, no gain.

Don't be too bitter. Later!
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Are you KIDDING me? Great cyclone is overpowered, all you have to do is that like most of the time

You are not meant to take hits, oh yeah, there is a skill called plume shell, use it

Healing have NO chance of taking aggro

I have, its not hard to target allies AT all

5 - Others player pretend impossible (heal, resurrection, purify)...u had to work for all
    group and nobody interest of u....(and u die)

Well happened to me a few times, and I managed to escape squad wipes as a cleric, twice as much

Wrong, mystics have a buff that automatically revives

see u

Arcane robes are the worst ingame, therefor you have to use your feet, you need to use a little more tactic.... Don't stand there and get mauled? If you don't like kiting, don't play a caster, play a veno... they are the most OP class ingame... Or play a barb / BM, they take hits and barbs are OP too...
    Could be true, but even with minimum MAG, not hard to manage
    A potent weapon really matters, even so, crappy gear or not, at least ALL rangers should kite, which is what the OP is NOT doing
    True statement
    Multitasking is part of squads, playing a veno does not require that, neither do mystics
    5. ?
    It must be the OP
    7. Go find a mystic

Sums it up here... So much talk about clerics O.o since I cam back
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I used to feel cleric was under powered, then they ended cancel channeling glitch and I feel good about my char again.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    @Yulk
    Actually..Mystics do need to pay a bit more attention than Venos or any other DD. Cause they can heal as well. If Cleric dies or cant heal others atm, its mystic who has to take over his job. I would defenetly expect a Mystic to heal me, if cleric to far away or not in squad even. Mystics have same potential as clerics (except for puri), so why not using it.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Eviloe - Lost City
    Eviloe - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    derpderpderpderpy

Great Cyclone is overpowered?

Great Cyclone Level 10
    Range 26.5 meters
    Mana 144
    Channel 1.0 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 3.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments

Requisite Cultivation Spiritual Initiate
    Summon an immense cyclone around the enemy, inflicting metal damage equal
    to your base magic attack plus 100% of weapon damage plus 1372.6. Has a 92%
    chance to reduce the enemy's movement speed by 40% for 8.0 seconds.

Gush Level 10
    Range 28.5 meters
    Mana 144
    Channel 1.0 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 3.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments

Requisite Cultivation Spiritual Initiate
    Forces a powerful water column to spew up from the
    ground, dealing water damage equal to base magic
    damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 1372.6. Has a
    92% chance to slow the enemy by 40% for 8.0 seconds.

So Gush is OP too? Where do you get your facts? 100% and base damage is no where near OP.
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    LMAO@ no good attacks. You must be doing something wrong.

I dont care what anyone says, if you can see your opponent coming, and you know what you are doing, cleric is one of, if not THE best 1v1 pvp class. And when it comes to PvE... if you are dying, you are doing something wrong, or your squad is full of idiots (and even then, its more than possible to save yourself if you know what you are doing. 79 skills + plume shell = near invincible)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited July 2011

So Gush is OP too? Where do you get your facts? 100% and base damage is no where near OP.

Uh... Yeah? I remembered beating a barb by kiting with gush and hailstorm alone in a duel before... He was 47 and my wiz was 43 (now 54)

Slow for more than 6 seconds with a 3 second cool down is ridiculous.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eviloe - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Uh... Yeah? I remembered beating a barb by kiting with gush and hailstorm alone in a duel before... He was 47 and my wiz was 43 (now 54)

Slow for more than 6 seconds with a 3 second cool down is ridiculous.

Dueling at 4X is no comparison to actual PK. In actuality the barb would just holy path up to you and stun you. By the time hailstorm channels he'll already be in your face.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Dueling at 4X is no comparison to actual PK. In actuality the barb would just holy path up to you and stun you. By the time hailstorm channels he'll already be in your face.

Whatever, i still owned him easy. On top of that, I use hailstorm to KEEP at distance, not to save myself when he is near melee, trapping your opponent is more important than doing things way too late... Holy path? Really? I may have been away for so long but lol genie, I have holy path on all my chars, they use genie I holy path away from them ending the fight. On top of that, holy path or not, you cannot MOVE when immobilized, FOW on another side, barbs cannot stun lock either, unless if he attempts to use armageddon (predictable) I usually counter the skill on him.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eviloe - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Whatever, i still owned him easy. On top of that, I use hailstorm to KEEP at distance, not to save myself when he is near melee, trapping your opponent is more important than doing things way too late... Holy path? Really? I may have been away for so long but lol genie, I have holy path on all my chars, they use genie I holy path away from them ending the fight. On top of that, holy path or not, you cannot MOVE when immobilized, FOW on another side, barbs cannot stun lock either, unless if he attempts to use armageddon (predictable) I usually counter the skill on him.

Hailstorm has a 33% success rate to immobilize. Stack that with it taking 3 seconds to use, i call that not worth the time trying. A 4X barb can't have arma....no brainer, idk why you'd bring it up. And yes a BM, Seeker, and Sin can use jumps/teleports to move while immobilized. Also a wiz can't counter arma, they can avoid it with Absolute Domain, but your against genies so thats out of the question for you.

I forgot how useless it was to argue with you. Go troll the BM forums like you used to.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Shut up yulk no one cares about your 4x duels especially since each class doesn't have all of its skills by then. At 79 barbs get an anti stun just like all of the other melees, so you'll have to find more innovative ways to kite besides holding down the s key while mashing gush over and over.

But I'm sure to someone like you who will probably never get past 70, even plume shot is an overpowered skill...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011

see u

I'm pretty sure that right there is the reason this thread was created.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Hailstorm has a 33% success rate to immobilize. Stack that with it taking 3 seconds to use, i call that not worth the time trying. A 4X barb can't have arma....no brainer, idk why you'd bring it up. And yes a BM, Seeker, and Sin can use jumps/teleports to move while immobilized. Also a wiz can't counter arma, they can avoid it with Absolute Domain, but your against genies so thats out of the question for you.

I forgot how useless it was to argue with you. Go troll the BM forums like you used to.

Lol... looks like someone had ate a bad doughnut in the morning. Seriously? 1 in every 3 times of hailstorm immobilizing not worth using? Its an AOE too, wow you really don't think do you? why not use it when he's far away....? hailstorm does not channel slow either... On top of that, I talked about 59+ barbs with arma, I avoided being one shot on my cleric from a barb's arma that he praised about it being so good and he was a 7x barb.... All I done was plume shell and my cleric's HP was only 1k with lower than 400 p.def.... I said this before haven't I? I swear I did, but no one believes that except the barb and the squad members in that TT1-1 xD, my cleric was 54 too... There is a simple skill that can use, you have no idea how to combine or utilize skills do you? and I am not a PVP freak either.... Well, for MMOs that is... Just because sidestepping does not hit, does not make it useless, its meant to dodge that strike.

Another genie dependent, incompetent gamer who QQs about hailstorm being worthless... Oh yeah... sage version of hailstorm is awful too? I think I am done telling you. xD You won't believe unless you see for your self anyway.

@ Harshland peep, you should be the one to shut up, I don't have "all my skills" either with my lower chars.... I have BB, RB, Bramble hood, barrage of arrows, stormrage eagleon, invoke the spirit, sunder and heavens flame on other chars. I dueled even 8x and 9x, with 7x - 8x chars.... I will post pics of my 59+ chars if you really want to see once I have time :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Dumb.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Clerics are fine, they even out dps Wizards until lvl 70.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Clerics are fine, they even out dps Wizards until lvl 70.

No... My cleric and wiz are both pure MAG, ones with the same LVL, they do identical damage, but wiz have more capabilities of taking down certain elemental attacks. I only find wiz, cleric and psy hitting the hardest of all classes really (overall)... I just hate to use attack spells in squads... scared of stealing aggro in PVE b:surrender

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    you say Cleric is easy to take agro. Cleric should never be taking agro if barb is agroing right and secondly at yulk.... did you seriously say healing has no agro? if a barb agros mobs and doesnt agro why can a cleric take agro with an Iron heart then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    you say Cleric is easy to take agro. Cleric should never be taking agro if barb is agroing right and secondly at yulk.... did you seriously say healing has no agro? if a barb agros mobs and doesnt agro why can a cleric take agro with an Iron heart then?

I figured ALL players should know by now that ANYONE that does one effecting allies on an enemy's aggressiveness from an action, healing does not deal with aggro afterwards. Maybe people don't get it too much? OFC healing will aggro if no one does anything with an action (non-healing from others). Unless if the barb misses an attack or nobody hits , healing does aggro, but seriously, close to no chance of aggroing, not even BB... Its just the stupid wurlord pulls where its obviously an epic risk for a cleric.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I figured ALL players should know by now that ANYONE that does one effecting allies on an enemy's aggressiveness from an action, healing does not deal with aggro afterwards. Maybe people don't get it too much? OFC healing will aggro if no one does anything with an action (non-healing from others). Unless if the barb misses an attack or nobody hits , healing does aggro, but seriously, close to no chance of aggroing, not even BB... Its just the stupid wurlord pulls where its obviously an epic risk for a cleric.

not every action causes agro if someone is pulling since you can buff someone with mobs and it wont agro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Erakko - Raging Tide
    Erakko - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yeah we are dead with couple of hits and our attacks are low and those damn attacks steals agro and noone there to revive QQ and lvling is too hard and those damn FC heads costs way too much QQ

Oh well got enough of forums...
  • tr3n0
    tr3n0 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    o.. comon.. xD cleric is one or the funiest class xD i have a sin lvl 80 and yes atm he is starting to get aps but sins are only this... in pve : rib strike / spark + normal atacks. you thing that its funny? but if you take on mind this, now we will talk about cleric, they have awesome and powerfull skills, its true they are hard to lvl coz they need lvl up a lot of skills, anybody cant refuse this and when they are low lvl are very hard to be lvled up but when they are more lvl if you know to use it, they are very very hard to be defeated, take on mind that you have a skill wich protect you absorbing the dmg wich you receive, and yes it consumes a lot of mana but you can repair this using pots of 5000 mana with have cold down of 10 seg, your skill 59 of atack, its REALLY AWESOME , its one of the skills that i like more in this game xd as you skill lvl 44 of metal dmg, you also have a skill lvl 79 wich absorb .. if i can remember fine.. other 60% dmg?... so 80% of damage and to that 20% you receive, quit other 60%..., they also can heal theirselfs and can sleep the people and inmobilice them.... and you really think that clerics are weak? wth? xD

maybe cleris are not your best class to play xD
  • QueenOfNukes - Heavens Tear
    QueenOfNukes - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    *twirls*

It's all about playstyle darling. You sins mash your keys and faceroll your keyboard, we clerics have to plan our buffs, debuffs, heals and balance our nukes. Why do you think I'm QueenOfNukes on Heavens Tear.

But I digress. Clerics are NOT easy to play, but they beat any class hands down, in my opinion. Of course, I can't solo as well as a veno with a herc, or a barb with infinite crab meat, but I can hold much on my own and people PM me all the time for BH and FF and TT. Ahh the good life.

*stares at overflowng FL*

The awesomeness of being a healer.
    "Beware of the Queen, she'll nuke our heads off if we don't listen to her. b:surrender" - Devereaux

QueenOfNukes was created on 16th June 2011.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    No... My cleric and wiz are both pure MAG, ones with the same LVL, they do identical damage, but wiz have more capabilities of taking down certain elemental attacks. I only find wiz, cleric and psy hitting the hardest of all classes really (overall)... I just hate to use attack spells in squads... scared of stealing aggro in PVE b:surrender

Even so, doesnt anyone find anything wrong with the fact that clerics are one of the hardest hitting classes in the game when they're a freakin support class?
    Wizards are squishier, btw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    5. ?
    7. Go find a mystic

Quoted, for, truthhhhh

I love cleric.

Oh, and it's called IH yourself before you attack a mob, or keep Plume shell spammed on yourself when it's not in cooldown, Or stay at max range of bosses while the DD's do the hard work.

Oh, and we have pretty good DD abilities imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3