Need some advice and unburdening - did I fail as a cleric?

Options
QueenOfNukes - Heavens Tear
QueenOfNukes - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Cleric
Okay so I went to this FF with a group of three sins, a BM and an archer.

At second boss, we got a Tough Diabolic Shocktrooper. So at one point, I was stunned and when the stun wore off, I was bubbled. During this period of time, two sins were bubbled or attacked and they died. I was given a long lectureabout how I was supposed to purify and stuff (like I don't know that already). So I nicely told them that I was stunned then bubbled and I couldn't purify in time.

The next problem was at a corridor. Notice that we didn't have a barb, so the BM overlured twice, and I died, because the rest couldn't kill in time and they died so I died.

On the third attempt, I was told to BB and the sin would lure one group at a time. (The BM had ported out to town). The sin got two groups, didn't AOE, and brought them into BB range, and naturally I got aggro and died.

I called him an idi0t.

The three sins said I was a fail cleric. One of the sin added that the sin (who lured the two groups) was trying his best. Somehow I don't see how NOT taking aggro BEFORE entering BB was TRYING his best. Am I wrong?

I feel horrible. This happened half an hour ago, and I still feel stung. I've been told that I'm one of the best clerics by people I've been in squad with. But based on what I've shared here, was I a fail cleric in this instance? I mean I really tried my best..

Opinions?
"Beware of the Queen, she'll nuke our heads off if we don't listen to her. b:surrender" - Devereaux

QueenOfNukes was created on 16th June 2011.
Post edited by QueenOfNukes - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Omea - Lost City
    Omea - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Since their deaths wasn't your fault and your death wasn't your fault, I'd say no.
    How come, if someone asks a question in a forum, at least 13/20 posts answers the question in the same exact way, 5/20 word the exact same answer differently and 2/20 say something completely unrelated to both life and death?
  • Zidannie - Heavens Tear
    Zidannie - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    From.reading.this.you.did.everything.in.your.power,they.just.failed.to.meet.you.halfway.You.cant.do.it.all.on.your.own!

spacebar.diedb:bye
    Zidannie Skylar, Yup that's me!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Their fault.

People shouldve learnt the aggro mechanics by BH39 >_> If they dont AoE they get the cleric killed.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Kinda hard to say because there isnt really enough information

You cant really tell. So much **** happens during instances and half the time its just bad luck or lag, or something.

Also dont feel too bad, that kind of abuse isnt that terrible. Its 10x worse in MOBA games like DotA/HoN/LoL

And no proper tank: bad run. You probably should have left when you see 3 sins in a squad who are probably going to steal aggro...its even worse when there's no one to steal aggro from like in your squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hm not a good squad set up to start with to be honest.
    I'd have asked the bm if he can tank and done a check up on his gear first.. If he has **** gear that won't do the job... I'm out of there.

And meh.. if they can't even agro mobs before they come to BB and don't get it after being told so...
    Sorry, but I'm saving my butt first of all lol If you want me to heal you, well have the courtesy to make sure I stay alive b:sweat
    There's no use in those pulls if they let all agro go to the cleric...

As for the bubble... You can't do **** if you get spam slept/bubbled. So absolutely not your fault.
    And if they were smart they would have at least one genie heal ready. If they don't then they got to accept they might die ._.'

The only mistake you did was go with a doubtful squad setup lol
    You did your best and I can understand your feelings after this **** run very well. But... don't let it get to you too much. Even the best cleric can't save a squad if they're not working as a team.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Soira - Raging Tide
    Soira - Raging Tide Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Whenever I see someone trying to kill more than 1 mob at a time I have a simple rule in my mind: "Aggro ALL the mobs or GTFO. If not, you aren't getting a single heal."

Imo, a level 84 cleric can't really survive a whole bunch of mobs, especially those rogues that deal physical damage, and if 3-4+ of those attack you...I remember when I used to be killed by entire groups of mobs because the puller didn't aggro everything/BM didn't stun and/or puller died/etc.

As for the bubble boss situation, the tank/DDs should always look if the cleric got slept or bubbled so they'd know that if they get bubbled too they can't get a heal/purify too soon.

Honestly, you shouldn't feel bad, as long as you know you've done your best. Things like this happen, you shouldn't let something like that make you think you're fail. If I were you, I'd kick that sin that didn't aggro all mobs and search for a barb.
  • QueenOfNukes - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Options
    As for the bubble... You can't do **** if you get spam slept/bubbled. So absolutely not your fault.
    And if they were smart they would have at least one genie heal ready. If they don't then they got to accept they might die ._.'

The only mistake you did was go with a doubtful squad setup lol
    You did your best and I can understand your feelings after this **** run very well. But... don't let it get to you too much. Even the best cleric can't save a squad if they're not working as a team.

Oh it's slept? LOL I thought it was stun.
    And no proper tank: bad run. You probably should have left when you see 3 sins in a squad who are probably going to steal aggro...its even worse when there's no one to steal aggro from like in your squad.

Yes I think the one thing that I completely did wrong was to assume that the BM could tank the instance. But meh, the comments were painful. They think that sins are at the top of the chain. Well, I guess they are if they're 5aps and stuff.....
    "Beware of the Queen, she'll nuke our heads off if we don't listen to her. b:surrender" - Devereaux

edited July 2011
    Options
    Honestly, you shouldn't feel bad, as long as you know you've done your best. Things like this happen, you shouldn't let something like that make you think you're fail. If I were you, I'd kick that sin that didn't aggro all mobs and search for a barb.

The sin was the leader. The leader was friends with the second sin. Both sins supported the fail sin who pulled the two groups of PHYSICAL mobs without first using AOE.

I think I feel super disappointed that despite my best efforts they could still call me fail. I could tell that they didn't pot AT ALL, the entire time, and started blaming me for every death that happened, when they didn't do jack to DD or help the BM kill the mobs quickly.

But yeah I couldn't kick, but I did leave halfway. I was so afraid that I'd see a tele where they'd say something like:

"QUEENOFNUKES IS A LOUSY FAIL CLERIC, DON'T PARTY HER EVER!"

Because I honestly won't know what to do if that happened. I've been in many squads and they all said I'm amazing - keeping fail barbs alive, keeping tank wannabes alive - but today just was more than I can chew, emotionally or otherwise.

• Soira - Raging Tide
    Soira - Raging Tide Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nah, I don't think any other 8x cleric would've done better with that kind of squad. You did the right thing by leaving.

Pff, just quit thinking about it =/
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It was them that failed, being a cleric is easy as pie unless you got the attention span of a fish (pun intended), besides, that squad was destined to fail, you don't ever take more then 2 sins to a FF, unless its some endgame squad I suppose, perhaps the squad could of worked if the BM knew how much he was capable of and not stupid which was clearly the case, also the archer bit wouldn't of helped for the only real AoE there, since they need 2 sparks in some cases, either way, I wouldn't worry on it, it was just a bad squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Poor squad set up. Sounds like (1) there isn't enough aoe DD in there to support pulls and (2) there's too much ret.ardation to support much of anything else.

It's okay, you'll live. People will be people and be mean and nasty at times. Even if it was entirely your fault (which it wasn't), it makes no difference. You move on ;)

Frankly if I hadn't left way before when I saw the bad squad set up, I woulda left the second they said I failed. I'll say it again: "If you take abuse, leave and give the squad the finger. Also, try and leave when they make a big pull."

b:victory

---
    EDIT:
    Just noticed this.
    If you read my thread - I posted the link above. I don't know, I kept trying so hard to please them and they still called me a fail cleric. It was terrible.

Somehow I can't bring myself to just leave like that. Especially when three sins were all "YOU'RE A FAIL CLERIC" when they don't know basics of aggro. It's bad since I take comments personally and then I feel lousy and refuse all invites to FF/BH/TT.

Any suggestions? LOL

You already said it in the other post. "... three sins were all "YOU'RE A FAIL CLERIC" when they don't know basics of aggro." They are morons. Plain and simple. My advice to you is to grow a thinker skin; here and in reality :3

I don't mean to sound unkind. I just think it's not a good idea to go out of your way to try and prove yourself to people who lack a basic level of intelligence. Don't get down about it. Everyone gets called "fail" at some point or another. (I call myself fail all the time!) And we DO make legitimate mistakes. But, in both scenarios, you move on. You know what makes me feel sad? It's not being accused of "failing." It's that there are so many idiots in PWI... but I live :D

Think of it as teaching the group a lesson in humility when you leave a squad. Trust me, I know many people that do similar things to what you describe when faced with this type of treatment. I tell them all the same thing.

I wish you luck in facing the perils of the class. You'll do fine and no, you shouldn't feel terrible. Just learn to put imbeciles in their place.

Cheers!
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Okay so I went to this FF with a group of three sins, a BM and an archer.

At second boss, we got a Tough Diabolic Shocktrooper. So at one point, I was stunned and when the stun wore off, I was bubbled. During this period of time, two sins were bubbled or attacked and they died. I was given a long lectureabout how I was supposed to purify and stuff (like I don't know that already). So I nicely told them that I was stunned then bubbled and I couldn't purify in time.

The next problem was at a corridor. Notice that we didn't have a barb, so the BM overlured twice, and I died, because the rest couldn't kill in time and they died so I died.

On the third attempt, I was told to BB and the sin would lure one group at a time. (The BM had ported out to town). The sin got two groups, didn't AOE, and brought them into BB range, and naturally I got aggro and died.

I called him an idi0t.

The three sins said I was a fail cleric. One of the sin added that the sin (who lured the two groups) was trying his best. Somehow I don't see how NOT taking aggro BEFORE entering BB was TRYING his best. Am I wrong?

I feel horrible. This happened half an hour ago, and I still feel stung. I've been told that I'm one of the best clerics by people I've been in squad with. But based on what I've shared here, was I a fail cleric in this instance? I mean I really tried my best..

Opinions?

I cant say anything about your clericing skill because quite simply I've never seen you play.

I can say that.

1. With 3 sins a bm AND an archer you got tough trooper? Never had that happen, even with mage squads. Your squad had crappy weapons, Like terribad crappy, and people refine weapons over armor 9/10 times so chances are their armor sucked nut too (that boss dosent hit for **** and bubble is easily tankable)

2. your bm sucked at pulling, I could do full pulls at 84 on a bm. its easy.

3. You should get a survival based geni that lets you live through inept squads and pvp. AD, Badge, CE, path and if you have space for more skills fortify and expel. With that setup you can live through even fail pulls.

4. get phys orns (I just assume clerics dont have them and 90% of the time that assumption is true) Chan is overated for clerics. You do 0 healing while dead. SDP is comeign up in 4 levels. snag one

5. Hit 90 get better gear 2 groups should not kill a BB cleric through pots

6. Set up BB after they pull, with CE or chi siphon you"ll have enough (the sole exeption should be the big room pull. Just pop AD)
    Gifs are hard to make work here
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I cant say anything about your clericing skill because quite simply I've never seen you play.

I can say that.

1. With 3 sins a bm AND an archer you got tough trooper? Never had that happen, even with mage squads. Your squad had crappy weapons, Like terribad crappy, and people refine weapons over armor 9/10 times so chances are their armor sucked nut too (that boss dosent hit for **** and bubble is easily tankable)

2. your bm sucked at pulling, I could do full pulls at 84 on a bm. its easy.

3. You should get a survival based geni that lets you live through inept squads and pvp. AD, Badge, CE, path and if you have space for more skills fortify and expel. With that setup you can live through even fail pulls.

4. get phys orns (I just assume clerics dont have them and 90% of the time that assumption is true) Chan is overated for clerics. You do 0 healing while dead. SDP is comeign up in 4 levels. snag one

5. Hit 90 get better gear 2 groups should not kill a BB cleric through pots

6. Set up BB after they pull, with CE or chi siphon you"ll have enough (the sole exeption should be the big room pull. Just pop AD)

1. The sins were horribly equipped. The archer PMed me after I left and said that the sins didn't have proper gears and therefore prolly couldn't help much with DDs anyway.

2. I'm not sure about BM capabilities but I trust you since you're one. But I think that the big part of it was that I was trying desperately to catch up with him. He went ahead to lure without warning and I didn't have enough energy on genie to holy path. So there could be an error on my part too. Or he didn't stun in time, I don't know. Or he was poorly geared again.

3. AD, Badge? Full names please?

4. I do have physical ornaments. I have the cube necklace and DoDs on my Warsoul Helm. That kept me kinda alive before I got wiped since the other sins didn't try taking aggro off me when the BM kissed the floor.

5. Went to FF on my 9x barb to confirm. It was prolly 3-4 groups. I was too busy trying to heal and pot and use genie skill and time my charm to notice that initially. Not sure whether a cleric can tank 4 groups like that unless I have JoSDs on every single socket.

But yes thank you for the tips.

I think the major mistake was agreeing to go with such a squad setup. A bigger mistake is agreeing despite having FF-ed on my mystic, barb and veno. I should know better.

But well, mistakes happen I suppose.

P/S. Hope to know what's AD and badge.

---- edit

Joshcja

Can you just confirm point 1 again. Are you sure that with refines, they could tank bubble? Because said BM and Sins went flat when they got bubbled. I survived but then I have a charm. But calculating the damage, even if I went uncharmed, I would be able to tank.

If you're certain on this point, then I shouldn't have given two hoots about them dying.

edited July 2011
    Options
    ---
    EDIT:
    Just noticed this.

You already said it in the other post. "... three sins were all "YOU'RE A FAIL CLERIC" when they don't know basics of aggro." They are morons. Plain and simple. My advice to you is to grow a thinker skin; here and in reality :3

I don't mean to sound unkind. I just think it's not a good idea to go out of your way to try and prove yourself to people who lack a basic level of intelligence. Don't get down about it. Everyone gets called "fail" at some point or another. (I call myself fail all the time!) And we DO make legitimate mistakes. But, in both scenarios, you move on. You know what makes me feel sad? It's not being accused of "failing." It's that there are so many idiots in PWI... but I live :D

Think of it as teaching the group a lesson in humility when you leave a squad. Trust me, I know many people that do similar things to what you describe when faced with this type of treatment. I tell them all the same thing.

I wish you luck in facing the perils of the class. You'll do fine and no, you shouldn't feel terrible. Just learn to put imbeciles in their place.

Cheers!

Just noticed THIS.

Thanks Decus. The funny thing is, on my barb, I tell people to shove it all the time, I don't know why, having stripes makes me feel so superior. The moment they interrupt a pull and die, I leave. They ask me to lure faster, I tell them to lure it themselves and sit there to enjoy the show.

Somehow, on my cleric I become all crumbly and whiny. BAD Queen! Yes, I'll definitely learn to tell them to shove it. Morons who don't even know mechanics of aggro calling Her Majesty "fail".

Humph.

It's so nice to have forums. Gives you some form of expression and reflection. Thanks again.

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options

Absolute Domain and Badge of Courage; get them.

Also, replying to above, you're welcome :3
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Turtliciousx - Lost City
    Turtliciousx - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I have had a **** experience with sins just the other day (like you saw and posted ^_^.) Sins... =le sigh= They have picked a super easy class, and with that super easy class,they don't need to learn the game. So they don't understand how hard everyone elses job is, AND they have some sort of God complex because they are the highest DD class. Sins are the only class when I'm just flying around, I don't res or buff. I don't like how OP sins are, and how it seems like they are running on Doom level cheat codes, (Don't know nothing about that IDFK on Doom 98) you did a good job! I rarely get sad but mad. and I stuck with my group till the end. Then the Sin decided to rush so that I got no gold and XP.

*clears throat*

F*CK SINS
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I have had a **** experience with sins just the other day (like you saw and posted ^_^.) Sins... =le sigh= They have picked a super easy class, and with that super easy class,they don't need to learn the game. So they don't understand how hard everyone elses job is, AND they have some sort of God complex because they are the highest DD class. Sins are the only class when I'm just flying around, I don't res or buff. I don't like how OP sins are, and how it seems like they are running on Doom level cheat codes, (Don't know nothing about that IDFK on Doom 98) you did a good job! I rarely get sad but mad. and I stuck with my group till the end. Then the Sin decided to rush so that I got no gold and XP.

*clears throat*

F*CK SINS

I'm not sure. I've met some pretty awesome sins, but I got to admit, they're rare. Right now, I can count 3 in my head?

I'm actually quite inclined to make a generalization that most problematic players are always sins, but not all sins are problematic. I remember the trollers I've met on my barb, I remember the many fail sins that think that they can tank better than a barb at Decaying Fragrance, then dying and cursing me for not healing fast enough.

I admit that sins are OP-ed, no point denying. But I'm quite happy with my class, so it's okay. Somehow, I never seem to stay in love with a melee class..... We adapt. BMs recently had a CC nerf. Maybe they might revise a sin, you never know?

If any game wants to survive, they need to make revisions, and as slow as PW is on bugs and stuff, I hope that they do make necessary revisions in the near future. But that's taking this thread off topic. So back to the sin issues.

I think that yes, some sins just refuse to learn their toons. But then again, that goes for pretty much any class. Sins tend to be a little bit arrogant at times because they are they best DDs.

---

Now that I think about it, give me +10 refines I can be pretty awesome too.

----

@Decus

You're awesome, really. :D

edited July 2011
    Options
    Don't get sad, get UNBELIEVABLY mad, like to the point where you want to chuck your monitor at the window and scream at the shattered remains "A POX ON YOUR HOME, YOU WILL RUE THE DAY YOU DECIDED TO INSULT MY GREATNESS. I WILL SKULL**** YOU!" and then have your favorite tea. I learned that getting mad keeps me focused.
    also, explain how you got to lvl 84 in 2 weeks O_O

and hopefully someone will explain equipment I might need :D

I think I'm going to sig this, as it's good advice for healing classes.
  • Seylia - Heavens Tear
    Seylia - Heavens Tear Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    THIS is why I hate FFs and never do them.

Along with PVs.
    edited July 2011
    Options
    THIS is why I hate FFs and never do them.

Along with PVs.

Some squads are good, I just.. Man this squad is an epic fail. But I love FF.
    also, explain how you got to lvl 84 in 2 weeks O_O

and hopefully someone will explain equipment I might need :D

I think I'm going to sig this, as it's good advice for healing classes.

I have an old cleric, but hated the name, so I plvl-ed it to 75 before I started going for PV and FF. But this is off-topic turt, I fear that ChaoticShelly will come along and lock this thread.

I really wanna know whether there's something I did wrong that I didn't notice.

edited July 2011
    Options
    I'll make a thread for that then... >_>

Anywho, no you did swimmingly, though to be honest I am only a week old, so take what I say with a grain of salt. From what I read, (and I've read a lot.) you did great.
  • Seylia - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Some squads are good, I just.. Man this squad is an epic fail. But I love FF.

I have an old cleric, but hated the name, so I plvl-ed it to 75 before I started going for PV and FF. But this is off-topic turt, I fear that ChaoticShelly will come along and lock this thread.

I really wanna know whether there's something I did wrong that I didn't notice.

I honestly don't think you did, I've been in a few FFs and all of them have failed because the squad treated me like I was the worst cleric in the world, and I know that I'm good. Many people have told me I am. I hate the way that I'm treated in these types of situations, and honestly I don't think you did anything wrong at all. You were trying your best.
  • Nitrocide - Heavens Tear
    Nitrocide - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Honestly you have nothing to worry about, they are fail. When in squads like that on my psy I always aoe the pulls as soon as I see the mobs rush towards the cleric. As far as I am concerned the cleric safety > everything and everyone else.

Don't worry about it and let's FF some time b:cute
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Honestly you have nothing to worry about, they are fail. When in squads like that on my psy I always aoe the pulls as soon as I see the mobs rush towards the cleric. As far as I am concerned the cleric safety > everything and everyone else.

Don't worry about it and let's FF some time b:cute

Teehee, hello fellow Heavens Tear player. Yes we should. Seriously wanna party fishies who know what they're doing. Fish with brains = sexy.

I mean, I honestly don't mind it if a person AOE-s and misses on a few mobs. I have pretty good gear, I can tank a couple of monsters until the DDs or tanks get them off me, but to have an entire group swarming on me because of an idiot sin, that I CANNOT handle.

I mean, why lure if you are unsure if you can handle the mobs?

Anyway, PM me NOW and add me up. LOL. Or whenever. (: Thanks for the offer.

I honestly don't think you did, I've been in a few FFs and all of them have failed because the squad treated me like I was the worst cleric in the world, and I know that I'm good. Many people have told me I am. I hate the way that I'm treated in these types of situations, and honestly I don't think you did anything wrong at all. You were trying your best.

LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE. I don't really have the guts to say I was awesome.

I always ask the squad midway or at the end of an instance whether I'm good or whether there's something I can improve. They always say I'm awesome and immediately add me up on FL...... until today. But I know that it's not my fault, sooooo I'll just take it with a pinch of salt and move on.

Right now, I don't know what to do if I run into them in an FF squad. If I were to leave early, they'll convince everyone that I'm a fali cleric. If I stay, I'll have to handle their nonsense again.... ):

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options

@Decus

You're awesome, really. :D

Many thanks b:thanks b:cute

You never played on DW with me. I'm a terrible cleric. b:quiet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seylia - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Options

LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE. I don't really have the guts to say I was awesome.

I always ask the squad midway or at the end of an instance whether I'm good or whether there's something I can improve. They always say I'm awesome and immediately add me up on FL...... until today. But I know that it's not my fault, sooooo I'll just take it with a pinch of salt and move on.

Right now, I don't know what to do if I run into them in an FF squad. If I were to leave early, they'll convince everyone that I'm a fali cleric. If I stay, I'll have to handle their nonsense again.... ):

Awh! D: I bite them?

You shouldn't have to handle anyone's nonsense, even though as clerics we have to do that far too often.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    My advice...DONT do FC with more than one sin under lvl90 squad range! Why? Cause Sins AOE su.cks. Better to get 2 AOE DDs + BM with HF and make a save round. Most sins dont even bother to level their ONLY aoe skill before reaching 90. Thats why they cant kill the mobs fast enough or get agro...and thats why you died. As for sins getting debuffed and dying at second boss. Seriously..under level 90 with their HP, they prolly get like 2-shot anyway. i m very very sure they have a healing skill on their genie, so fu.ck them.

One more advice. Before every BB use plume shell. Thats ur best friend.

Edit: btw...if the second boss debuffed that much, means your squad didnt kill his adds on time..so he was in frenzy mode. Thats not your fault. with 3 sins..seriously..they prolly split to kill adds on both sides (sins major problem: "i n00b i can solo it...*** i died..fail cleric") and in the end, didnt manage either.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    1. The sins were horribly equipped. The archer PMed me after I left and said that the sins didn't have proper gears and therefore prolly couldn't help much with DDs anyway.

2. I'm not sure about BM capabilities but I trust you since you're one. But I think that the big part of it was that I was trying desperately to catch up with him. He went ahead to lure without warning and I didn't have enough energy on genie to holy path. So there could be an error on my part too. Or he didn't stun in time, I don't know. Or he was poorly geared again.

4. I do have physical ornaments. I have the cube necklace and DoDs on my Warsoul Helm. That kept me kinda alive before I got wiped since the other sins didn't try taking aggro off me when the BM kissed the floor.

5. Went to FF on my 9x barb to confirm. It was prolly 3-4 groups. I was too busy trying to heal and pot and use genie skill and time my charm to notice that initially. Not sure whether a cleric can tank 4 groups like that unless I have JoSDs on every single socket.

But yes thank you for the tips.

I think the major mistake was agreeing to go with such a squad setup. A bigger mistake is agreeing despite having FF-ed on my mystic, barb and veno. I should know better.

But well, mistakes happen I suppose.

---- edit

Joshcja

Can you just confirm point 1 again. Are you sure that with refines, they could tank bubble? Because said BM and Sins went flat when they got bubbled. I survived but then I have a charm. But calculating the damage, even if I went uncharmed, I would be able to tank.

If you're certain on this point, then I shouldn't have given two hoots about them dying.

bubble hits about a k a tick on a bm with mag orns or a sin with phys orns at 80 (or less 1k is with low mag def)

5 ticks = 5k damage. Its not hard to get 5k hp on a HA/LA class and everyone on pwi has either ToP or second wind (unless they're useign a charmed pk based geni, in that case...charm)
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This is somewhat funny because it's so clearly recognizable.
    PWI is full of idiots who don't have the first clue about how this game works, but somehow most of them are sins. Probably because sins make even the weakest noob feel OP.

A coupel of days ago I saw a sin with 5k HP who tryd to tank Monoblat outside of BB (demon sparked and like he was 5aps he tryd to solo it).
    For whoever doesn't know Monoblat (boss in FB99), his magic attack HURTS. Said sin got 1shot horribly (it was funny).

Basicly you hit a very bad squad, filled with noob fish.
    Those people will blame you for EVERYTHING that goes wrong. If the cleric dies, goes town and is walking back and they die (when you'r still 10 minutes away), they'll probably STILL blame you.

Best thing you can do is blacklist them, and try to never squad with them again
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • apex1predator
    apex1predator Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You will encounter many of those sins. Soon as they hit lvl 80 they get hooks(99% do) and automaticly think there god. I'll be willing to bet those 'Uber' sins didnt even ribstrike bubbleboss..so essentially them dying is their own fault.

I play on sin as well and make sure i at least keep the cleric safe, even if its at my own expense. A cleric is hard to find and a good one is a like searching for a needle in a haystack.
    Next time you encounter those nutcases just say that you wont run with them as they have no idea what there doing. As sins go there a dime a dozen on my server so the choice between a cleric and a sin is a no brainer ;)