My Brief History of PWI

13»

Comments

• Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    =/

This thread has been derailed so hard that it has crashed into a nuclear power plant.

Come on man, people are just talking about ordinary things, and I dont see what the first part of that post had to do with with anything

Everyone stop challenging everyone else and CTFD.

Is this why Lu$t made that thread about 'general negativity of the community'? that thread is so relevant to this.

I've been had the feeling, but after seeing an innocent thread get turned into what it is now, I decided to see the community's thought on the subject at hand. I suppose both threads do correlate on that level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited June 2011

Just adding my two cents about recent observations in the Malaysia version of PW~MY (or from what I roughly remember and how it compares to PWI.

First off the world pvp and questing: This was a time when everyone was around 30-40. We all used to go out and quest, and the pvp was all over the place instead of just in one area. There was no BH's or fcc.

In Malaysia it started out with the 6 classes and two servers run Cubizone back in 2007~2008 probably all the way up to 2009. Level 80 tended to be the minimum and the Bounty Hunter sort of got put in there for 3 months then disappeared most people had quit or everyone that I had known disappeared by 2009 replaced by new unsuspecting victims of Cubizone's bat guano of a creation.

Second is Secred Passage pvp: Everyone well a good portion of the people has finally reach lvl 60 after the harsh grinding, and doing your 3 quest per lvl for **** exp. This was a time when the barbs, and Bms owed pvp because Sacred Passage favored their class, do to the 10 times gravity effect in there. The barbs really shined because they found out about their OP skill Armageddon

For the most part PVP in the Malaysian server happened around West Gate and not so much in the Secret Passage. By this time I suppose we had our servers merged in 2009? 2010 from Oracle and Delphi to Utopia

3rd Genies got released: Do to the op barbs from their insane hp the bms needed a quicker way to kill them and thus they invented the Combo Heaven's Flame + Thurderstorm(Genie skill) which did insane damg. Questing was still crappy, meaning you had to grind most of your lvl, untill you got to lvl 72 and did gamma. People was around 60-80.

The genie release happened around 2008 August? December? from rough memory, but my memory is utter ****. The genie release didn't nescessarily change PVP in the Oracle server.

4th FCC + Lunar weapons and packs: You had a few people who reach lvl 100 and a couple of them was lvl 90+, but most of the people was around 70-85. These pack really changed pvp thus giving birth to the cashshoppers. This when you started see barbs with 18-22k hp. Archers and wizard started hitting extremely hard. This was also the birth of Oracle users.

5th Tideborn got release: Pwi gave us some new classes(Assassin and the Psychic). Who was both op and thats what changed pvp forever. This single move had people afraid to enter pvp mode, They thought is was not fair that we have to fight a foe who we cannot see.

For Malaysia this happened fairly recently and they didn't get any packs like the Tiger, Coral or any of those packs. They did get the packs that gave the Drake's Mind items and they did get the Underground Packs? By this time the hyperinflation had set in, in March 2009 (definately) and it was more buying coin to get what you wanted off a certain site not mentioned here. They got the Night Rogue and the Sorcerer in 2010? I think it was. As for Lunar well I think people were still stuck on the whole Holy Hall armor.

6th OP gear part 1: Pwi released Nirvana armor and gear. This made the cashshoper unstoppable in pvp. This is when the complaints started happening about cashshoper and alot of people started leaving the game.

Malaysia got some of the OP gear but not all the Rank gear. AFAIK at this time of writing went back in June to take a look. Few people had Rank 8 but they got FW (Frost Walk / Frost City) and Dreama? Dreana? Stones (Hyper Stones) in 2010 a lot of people were pissed off because a lot of them had played for so long and it had taken a long time to get to 100/101 or whatever.

7th Hyper lvling: PWI release hyper stone and people found out you can lvl fast is you combine them with fcc runs. This alone was the reason instead of taking 1year to get to lvl 100, you can do it in a few months, even weeks if you had the money.

Yeah I think they worked this out fairly fast but the release between the Dreama Stones and the FW thing was fairly spaced out.

8th OP gear part 2: They release ranked gear, and rep pack to make the cashshoper get it faster. This was the release of R8 and R9

The Rank 9 Gear is in MY but not a lot of people (if any people) have it. There are a few with Warsong weapons though and they recently got Samsara / as you guys know it -- Nirvana and they seem pretty content with it. Well what people are left. Also the server changed names from Utopia to Destiny. Also things are x4 more expensive than here well from what I've seen here. Its like the Wings of Cloudcharger is 1.4 billion (That's 1,400,000,000 coin) which is good for a laugh.

Maybe someone can enlighten me on how things are doing over at the RU version / Phillipines version of Perfect World? Are the coin spammers inhabiting the game over there? Cubizone's servers *seem* to be clear of coin advertisers in the PW MY thing. Which is interesting maybe Cubizone realized their server was going the way of the dodo. Hell if I know it is just good for a laugh looking back on it. Puke all ya want.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Thank you for the flashback that reminded me how much worse PWI is today. b:faint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    =/

This thread has been derailed so hard that it has crashed into a nuclear power plant.

Come on man, people are just talking about ordinary things, and I dont see what the first part of that post had to do with with anything

Everyone stop challenging everyone else and CTFD.

Is this why Lu$t made that thread about 'general negativity of the community'? that thread is so relevant to this.

The first part was a response to someone else. :P It wasn't directed at the thread as a whole. And if you don't think it's relative, you should search for this topic. There are a bazillion threads like this one. Its kind of like the old, "is there a new server," thread when the genesis expansion came out. So many people did it that it became really, really annoying. Like I said, I can see he didn't mean negative now but when you call things crappy, etc anyone who reads each of the words are going to assume you meant for your writing to have a negative tone. It's all about syntax and context. Have you ever heard the expression say what you mean, and mean what you say? It was coined to avoid situations like this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    is there any PW without oracles, fishies (idm EG), hypers, etc? Pm me if it exists, I'll probably play it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Yes, Senlyn.
  • LexSanada - Sanctuary
    LexSanada - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I made my first account on HT maybe about 3 weeks before genies came out. I remember trying to patch that for HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOURS at school sitting in the fishbowl (room with open comps with mostly windows for walls) with like 5 of my buddies, playing spades as we watched as the bars slowly filled on our laptops hahah.

I also remember back when I changed servers to Sanct to be with more awesome people because it was only the 5 of us on HT. I kinda miss my BM there lol.

I remember getting my FB19 done factionless and watching an archer with fists doing it and almost dying repeatedly, but was having a ton of fun messing with mobs until he finally switched to bow and me kinda wishing he went back because the FB was too short after.

I remember when me and my gf were excessively bored with the grind, we'd find Dipter and poke him only to have him poke us back. It was our little way of saying hello to the gumpy pants WB lol. We also did this to Cenminator. No wonder it took us so long to level....b:chuckle

I remember being bored and getting snatched up by some factionmates to my first tt at like level 55 and being scared ****less of all the scary monsters and watching as my wittle archer's HP plummeted after every AoE in 1-3 or 1-2, can't remember which exactly lol. I know Soulbanisher was there. So there's that.

I remember seeing my mentor's archer for the fist time and seeing his TT99 Dragonbow: Nameless and saying" I must have b:dirty"

I remember when I hit 75 and went on my first gamma with my archer and being bored out of
    my damn mind because I had a mana charm lol. Dig, barrage, repeat till done b:chuckle

I remember getting a BH for 79 and picking up my first pair of fists. 3* Instant Strike Fist with Provoke. I had a TON of fun messing with those. I stole aggro from a barb in my faction in 3-2 (before the difficulty hike) and getting one shotted my a mob. I was highly amused.

I remember being excited for the TB expansion and making a bet with my gf that I'd make my sin (before people knew exactly how powerful they could be) a female. I won that bet.

There's a ton more, I remember having a lot of fun with the game and tbh, I still kinda do. Helping in random FB's if people WC or ask in my alt's faction, testing my sin's mettle to see if she can solo FCC yet (she cannot, then again, she's not APS), trying out new things with my archer, and playing my ever fun Seeker.

/ramble
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    Kinnacat - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Veno's were so OP. Flesh Ream dealt 100% damage in PvP (not sure if that's fixed now).

Fixed? Yes. It is. I found when I attacked someone with nix and realized FR was doing 200 pts. I was like, OMGWTFMAN?! *kills it anyways* b:shocked

You forgot this: Veno's Bramble Guard and Hood got nerfed. Still are. AGAINST FREAKING OVERPOWERED SUSHI WITH RANK 9 AND +12 GEAR. ON A PVP SERVER. b:angry

I still remember when being 7x and HH/TT gear was the OMG! I was already impressed by lvl 5x lol. Endless questing and grinding... Dying by a mob was a good reason to QQ for since lvling wasn't that easy... Not knowing how to build my own veno and how to lvl skills...

I miss back when I was 2x and found out about rare pets. When I finally found out more information about them and got to the spawns, there was some serious competition. There were around 20 venos at each spawn, every single time. They killed off their white named competitors, or killed the rare sometimes. I saw more rares die than getting tamed back then... they were still worth a lot, because it was so hard to get one. You knew the rare would spawn again at the exact same time. If it was 1 or 2 minutes late, we would start worrying.

Those were good times man, good times...
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I miss the little things sometimes. Flying halfway across the map to take a peek at someone in arch with a GREEN weapon! =O
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    How can you remember N.W.O and not me? Thats sorta insulting.xD I was a main member of nwo like vert DarkExile Missb frotis ect.. Xd

HAHA! I remember DarkExile! I also Remember Vert. Isn't he using a sin now?
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vampmystic - Lost City
    Vampmystic - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Omg i love this game but i miss some of the old times :(
  • Vampirefoxy - Lost City
    Vampirefoxy - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    b:sad
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User