Revamp Old Classes

13»

Comments

• Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    brisingraz wrote: »
    in most instances its very unlikely your going to kite the mobs
    Explain to me why there is a sudden lack of archers around? They need some help and thats is pretty obvious BP was a suggestion.. Just for the fact that when mobs come up close using fists is better then using your bow..

And its true Clerics do have buffs as well but I like moaning for better skills just for the fact that i have a Cleric :).. But its is very frustrating when your running 4.8 while most other are running 10 m/s.. and any way if people are going into instances they will ask for just ask for buffs then leave you..
    My whole point really in a indirect way is that melee is OP :P

that's right. in instances i will never kite.........cos the tank will have agrro for me to riddle everything with arrows. i shall explain the lack of archers. it's simple, why do things the old way when you have classes and mechanics that breaks the game? if it wasn't for 5 APS archers would still be around. 5 APS is something that never should have been made, period. mmos normally have a diverse gear and classes being played, in any mmorpg if you call for a certain class for a party, you'll normally find one within 15 minutes, and the stuff they have can very greatly. now we are stuck with cookie cutter builds that, as lawlass pointed out, everyone guns for, basically shunning the way their class should be played in the process.

agreed i never understood how a class that wears ROBES are the slowest but i suppose trying to use logicc in this game can end up making your head spin.

and yes melle is OP atm, at least when APS is put into account. it's funny, cos from what i understand (altho i don't know if it's absolutely true) the other versons of the game don't have 5 APS. now people have come to be so realient on this broken mechinic that if they take it out, a mass exodus could happen. i get the feeling that PWE is simply preying on the fact that they know westerners (euros as well to an extent) are far more likly to gun for the pay to win route than the other versions of the game.

holy **** that's a load o textO_O and barely within the topic of discussion lol EPIC FAIL
  • PhantomThief - Archosaur
    PhantomThief - Archosaur Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    and yes melle is OP atm, at least when APS is put into account. it's funny, cos from what i understand (altho i don't know if it's absolutely true) the other versons of the game don't have 5 APS. now people have come to be so realient on this broken mechinic that if they take it out, a mass exodus could happen. i get the feeling that PWE is simply preying on the fact that they know westerners (euros as well to an extent) are far more likly to gun for the pay to win route than the other versions of the game.

I've heard the same thing about the other versions not reaching 5 APS (mainly due to their CS not having rep sales) as well.

From what I gather, you can get 2.86 APS unsparked/4 APS sparked. However, that requires getting at least the rank 4 top, which isn't terrible hard at 5k rep. You'd be making yourself rather week using that at end game though.

Going full Shadow Ashura (minus orns, using Lionheart instead), you'd get 2.5/3.33 respectively.

So, it seems to me rep sales are really what created the 5 APS problem >.>

And to make this on topic: Give us a game changing apocalypse!
    A sword can cut a man in twain, but words can shake a fortress to the ground.
  • brisingraz
    brisingraz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    that's right. in instances i will never kite.........cos the tank will have agrro for me to riddle everything with arrows. i shall explain the lack of archers. it's simple, why do things the old way when you have classes and mechanics that breaks the game? if it wasn't for 5 APS archers would still be around. 5 APS is something that never should have been made, period. mmos normally have a diverse gear and classes being played, in any mmorpg if you call for a certain class for a party, you'll normally find one within 15 minutes, and the stuff they have can very greatly. now we are stuck with cookie cutter builds that, as lawlass pointed out, everyone guns for, basically shunning the way their class should be played in the process.

agreed i never understood how a class that wears ROBES are the slowest but i suppose trying to use logicc in this game can end up making your head spin.

holy **** that's a load o textO_O and barely within the topic of discussion lol EPIC FAIL

All i can say is that i agree with all that is is above.
    Pity, i love using archers but when they are unwanted you don't really feel like being one
    b:surrender
  • brisingraz
    brisingraz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    But then again..
    If you are riddling mobs with arrows and you had an alright/good weapon it's unlikely the tank will keep aggro..Which is other thing that needs to be fixed. :/
  • Blueturtle - Dreamweaver
    Blueturtle - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It seems new moves are the "revamp".So here`s my input.
    I quote:Leech- not sure about this skill but i don't have high hopes for it. i'll leave that one for the more experienced veno players to talk about
    Leech-This should be an underwater skill that would do extra damage compared to the parasite attack underwater.It is much weaker on land.

Clerics need a magic melee skill.They get walloped a lot by wraiths of melee type. As once said,"a freakin knockback would be nice".
    This move would form a silverish sword that would dissapear after one attack,the way the bow disappears in Plume Shot.
    I havent come up with a name yet.Suggestions? I dont think Plume Sword would go over very well.

In my opinion,some existing moves need reworking,too.
    Archers need stronger attacks.
    Cleric`s high level moves drain MP like crazy.How about a lower MP costs for those?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Serving all but trusting no one but myself,Blueturtle.
  • Sheshka - Raging Tide
    Sheshka - Raging Tide Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    anwynd wrote: »
    I wouldnt really mind having some new skills as long as they actually work like they are suppose to and arent over powered. What i rlly wnt is a revamp in the animation of most of the older classes skills yes there are some awsome looking skills but most imo just suck hardcore. Seriously just take a look at what venos get for looks on there wood magic skill tree a different colored circle for each one its patheticb:spit.
    here is some examples for looks tht i think would be cool for veno skills

Ironwood scarab: i think tht pieces of wood from the ground should quickly smash together above the venos head forming an actual scarab and then thrust it at the enemy like it allrdy does.

Blazing scarab:it might not be the most useful but i still think it needs a new look so i propose tht flames should engulf the users body and then transfer upward above the user forming you guessed it a scarab made of flames

frost scarab:small ice chunks should quickly combine in a scarab above the user to form a freezing ice cold scarab

parasitic nova:it looks rlly cool to me now but i think there could be a whole lot more i think tht well channeling it you know when the skulls are all around you in a ring i think tht a coiled up snake should be right above the skulls encircling the user and when cast the snaked should go wide mouthed smashing right into the enemy well tht skulls still do there floating thing
    thts all i got for now hope you like the ideas

I agree, the skill animation for the veno could use a nice revamp. b:victory And our physical attack tree should be changed to Magical attack or something that we can actually use.

I haven't really seen any problems with my BM yet but I'm sure someone has.

Barbs need their agro reworked big time!

And I definitely agree on the cleric's need for a knock back.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Apparently with BoI they'd rather make a sequel to the game with the same classes instead of revamping the old ones...

I'm not sure if there's much hope left for it to be happening in pwi (if there ever was any).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear
    Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    if they wat to make a squel then fine, as long as these improvements are added i have no problems downloading a PWI 3. and as long as they keep the cash shop whoring within reason, i would gladly start over from nothing.

if they made a squel for BOI tho one would think they would make a squel for their "important flagship" title first. i suppose this shows that PW really is dying, finally starting to admit that after over a year of denial.
  • escarte
    escarte Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Yah revamp old classes im sick and tired of nvr finding a wiz and my venos animations is **** and no new wizzies are being born. If u want barbs to do thier job upgrade aggo skills as for venos make thier fox form stuff based on magic attk but that would hurt the ha/aa venos hmmmm anyways vnos need btr animation and more debuffs and dots or btr dots wizzies need power boost and more skills if they cant hit faster than a psy they sure as hell btr out dmg them by a nice wide margin archers in no way in hell ment for for claws so make it so thier bows are are on par. It would be nice if u changed stuff where 3-5 aps was the standard dmg ratio that u should bring other classes on par and fix everything be equal to that cause honestly y do u need other classes if a 4/5 aps +12 sin can do everything solo fix it so other classes are just as op and then change the world to match but thats a bit much but serious about the other stuff
  • Kioki - Momaganon
    Kioki - Momaganon Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    anwynd wrote: »
    What i rlly wnt is a revamp in the animation of most of the older classes skills yes there are some awsome looking skills but most imo just suck hardcore. Seriously just take a look at what venos get for looks on there wood magic skill tree a different colored circle for each one its pathetic

IMO you have a point there this circles are so lame.
    b:victory
  • Mr_Wasabi - Harshlands
    Mr_Wasabi - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    hell , all i see now is sin's . most of the ways to make money revolve around new classes . veteran players who are still on the basic beta classes will be left in the dust . now even guilds can't keep up with the fresh meat coming in .
    edited October 2011
    BM and Cleric dont need to be improved, they already too strong.Beautynbtch - Heavens Tear

CLERICS DONT NEED IMPROVING!?Are you kidding? It is so much harder to level a cleric or archer than it is to level an earthguard!!And my being one tells you a lot.I was able to level a new seeker 6 levels in an hour. Levelling a new cleric that same hour would only level the character two or three levels. See for yourself.

And then you get to higher levels and your seeker is drinking pots like there's no tomorrow while clerics spam at long range, it's a fair trade...TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver

I don't get this. Please explain:
    1)Clerics drink a lot of potions too!
    2)What does "spam at long range" mean? All i get is beaten the heck out of while i do long range attacks on a target that runs and latches itself onto me. In other words,melee vs. ranged = ranged defeated
    -Blueturtle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    BM and Cleric dont need to be improved, they already too strong.Beautynbtch - Heavens Tear

CLERICS DONT NEED IMPROVING!?Are you kidding? It is so much harder to level a cleric or archer than it is to level an earthguard!!And my being one tells you a lot.I was able to level a new seeker 6 levels in an hour. Levelling a new cleric that same hour would only level the character two or three levels. See for yourself.

And then you get to higher levels and your seeker is drinking pots like there's no tomorrow while clerics spam at long range, it's a fair trade...TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver
    2)What does "spam at long range" mean? All i get is beaten the heck out of while i do long range attacks on a target that runs and latches itself onto me. In other words,melee vs. ranged = ranged defeated
    -Blueturtle

Nerd rage ftw? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
    edited October 2011
    Thanks for commenting on my Only-for-nerd question. :/ lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    I still need some explaination.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kasmira - Raging Tide
    Kasmira - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I totally agree with you
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    Yami_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited November 2011

-Blueturtle

Bro I played with Cleric till lv60, I'm very used to play with magic classes in PW.
    Clerics for level are piece of cake, like all the magic classes in this game, they may suffer of MP loss if you don't train your aphotecary (c'mon, apothecary MP potions are one of the most easy items to do), when you have the domain about your distance from your target, training any magic class become easy.

Clerics are a good PVP class in the lower levels, but I agree that in the late levels they lose a lot of PVP potential, have only the sleep like a controlling skill and not very impressive damage skills.

I don't see a particular class that Clerics are strong against, maybe Venos, but a Veno that know how to use his five fingers hardly will lose to anyone... people can say "blablabla Clerics are a support class" but everyone wants to enjoy at least a little of the PVP in the endgame and the game should be fair with everyone.

PS: a good Cleric can endure, but hardly will kill.
  • RoseArashi - Heavens Tear
    RoseArashi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Speaking as an archer... to be honest we only really need/want 1 thing... something that either lets us teleport to our range (traps I hear you cry) or knocks them back, maybe a knockback + stun effect, to max range. Also the skill should be a buff so that it's useable in PvP. This would help immensely because unless you really are 1 shotted by a sin you can teleport away (it's fair they can teleport to you after all) and you have a chance to fight or run. BP would also be nice, maybe on our arrows? A self BP like 'Blood Arrow' buff that heals per hit (reduced with barrage to make it fair, not reduced for sage, demon has faster intervals so sameish effect). Finally BB should stack/override sage barrage defence.

Clerics, speed obviously. Asides that I think that maybe letting RB work with/not cancel out demon spark would be a useful feature (maybe generally best buff for same buff kept?). Overall not much needed.

Wizards... few minor changes to boost attack and increase DPS. More team buffing definitely, lowered channel time for heals to make them more versatile.

Veno, as mentioned.

Barb, please make their threats to mobs and bosses actual threats.

BM, you have nothing tocomplain about to be honest.

As for clerics, and speed principles in general, I didn't really get it, the lightest clothes (robed) are the slowest? Why? A heavily armoured BM should never be able to run faster than a archer.

Meditation art... Elves float in a curled up ball shape, white wings flapping... Untamed change to beast form and have a beast aura... Humans keep the original (which is now unique)...

Fashion should have some small fun effects e.g. Pirate style boost drop chances 1% per piece etc. (be a good money making strategy for them too, thinks about it!), all fashion should have a dance, just saying.

I qq'ed a bit about archers, sorry for that but I played it for 4 years and seriously we need help... we has not much and what I'm suggesting isn't gamebreaking. b:surrender not trying to make it a archer qq thread.
  • Jin_Wang - Lost City
    Jin_Wang - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    There's a lot of revamp that would seem interesting for a change. And not just for the old classes either.

Such as adding skills along with attack rate (physical classes) and lessened channeling also deals with cast times. All classes get 1 chi per normal attack.

First thing is

Spark burst: Halved weapon attack bonus of spark burst, remove HP/MP recovery from advanced and celestial spark. Put a cool down of 5 minutes (all of them share cool downs) or more on it if it will not cost any MP.

Level out all the skills (same levels as others) with the same amount of bonus added with other classes (like tiger maw and stomp of the beast king in both damage and mp cost). Some of the lower leveled skills that are easily maxed should be slightly boosted around mid levels.

Make damage over time more unique.
    Bleed- depends on 10-20% of user's base physical damage
    Shock-somewhat like a stun for one second every time the target takes shock damage
    Poison- damage is based on target's max HP
    Frostbite-damages the attacking every time
    Burn-increased burn damage when still
    earth dot-increased additional slow

Put something more unique with the classes' skills, we don't really need more of the same -def de-buff or sort.

Change the melee classes' knock back skills into knockdown / lift skills and it should work in PVP. Barbarian's slam should knock in the air.

Knockback should work for PVP.

Only master Li's technique should gain 50 chi and the sage / demon skills, pre-celestial skills should not gain more than than 30 chi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Parthee - Lost City
    Parthee - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Here some of my suggestion for barbs to increasing aggro skills:
    1)we can use flesh ream without consuming chi...
    2)reduce roar cooldown time and add stun if we use roar(aggro+stun) like bm skill so that mobs get freezed... easy to kill them :)
    3)in tiger form we should not get miss while attacking target (Never miss) so that we can hold aggro
  • _Thor - Raging Tide
    _Thor - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Wizards should have a skill that makes them completely immune to any form of sin attack.
  • Blade_aether - Lost City
    Blade_aether - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Barbarians are incredibly outdated.

Sage onslaught cannot 'Zerk' plus the increase channel means that 2 auto attacks in range are higher damage, and chance to zerk if 'zerk' weapon is available.

Addon damage on skills is virtually negligible with the increase defenses, defense levels and HP standards, % weapon damage is fine, but % of base damage would scale better according to gear, classes meant to hit hard would ALWAYS hit hard with all % base damage skills, like the barbarian 100 skill, Ancestral Rage...

Which by the way has a 5 minute cooldown... Awaken for archers... 15 minutes? Sounds fair to me...

How about Barbarian Ancestral Rage, CD reduced to 1 minute?

How about Archer's Awaken reduced to 1 minute?

How about a skill to replace sunder... 2 of the 3 (TWO) spark ultimates for barbarians are only usable in tiger form, as well as the damage dealing 100 skill ultimate.

How about a 300% of base damage skill for use in standing form to replace Sunder, Have it with a similar channel and cast time to mighty swing, 0.2 second channel, 0.9 second cast time, heck even shorter like penetrate armor, 0.2 sec channel, 0.7 sec cast.

Fix the barbarian 100 skill, clean sweep. 20% chance to purge + base physical?

How about... 50% chance to purge, deals 50% of base physical damage? So half damage of an auto attack?

How about bleeds doing % base damage? Or % weapon damage? My 5000 bleed on sage garrotte does about 12 a second, for ~ 10 seconds on a BM, thanks for the 120 damage, bro.

How about increasing a barbs control skill capacity, increase its ability to mobilize and mitigate damage, 20m range skill that slows all targets within 12meters by 140% and slows channel and attack speed by 180%? Doesn't even have to deal damage, just makes targets approachable and mitigates the incoming damage for nearby teammates...

Better yet, just make an ultimate that is usable in standing form, and deals % base physical damage like Ancestral Rage, but on a 30-60 second cooldown, 1-2 sparks consumed. 300% base damage appreciated, maybe an additional effect, ranged perhaps? Slow channel and interval speed?

What about Venomancers... Whole list of skills that never get leveled... How about curses being able to stack? Make melee mastery effective... Anyone ever looked at Veno 100 skills? Do they even make sense? How do they benefit anyone?

Why is Deaden Nerve not purgeable?

Why do 50k + soulforce Psy's have a 30% chance to seal me, with a buff that is unpurgeable?

Since when is a purge a negative status 'effect' so why can sins use tidal protections and simply 'avoid' being purged?

Why do clerics move so slow, and half of their debuffs make them more vulnerable, so they need to purify themselves? How about make cleric debuffs useful... Like a greater% break, or even a defense level break? Like Devour, only for defense levels...

Ever notice that most classes get a 1 spark CONSUMING ultimate at level 29? Why does the sin skill 'Force Stealth' give a spark?

Fix DoTs... Only real threatening DoTs in game belong to Psychics... They are affected by sparks and other amps... If Damage over time skills are to exist in game, make them actually do DAMAGE over time, not make me think that a level 12 mob outside of West Archo is poisoning me...

Blade_Aether
    Focusing on barbs... Mostly the barbs...
    edited December 2011
    Here some of my suggestion for barbs to increasing aggro skills:
    1)we can use flesh ream without consuming chi...
    2)reduce roar cooldown time and add stun if we use roar(aggro+stun) like bm skill so that mobs get freezed... easy to kill them :)
    3)in tiger form we should not get miss while attacking target (Never miss) so that we can hold aggro

A-Ballsack, more stuns on a barb make it a BM.

B-Ballsack, demon barbs get 300% accuracy, is that not enough for you? Sage is 225%... Pretty sure that my 60 dex sage barb has 4590 accuracy with buff on...

C-Never miss in tiger? Hello unreduced damage in tiger form for demon barbs, thanks for trying to encourage cultivation imbalance...

D-Roar resets aggro... You bad?

E-Server latency is impartial towards a faster attack, last hit as refresh=aggro, only 100% aggro for a set period of time on Ream would hold definitive aggro.

Blade_Aether
    RAGEEEEEEEE
    edited December 2011
    Change the melee classes' knock back skills into knockdown / lift skills and it should work in PVP. Barbarian's slam should knock in the air.

Knockback should work for PVP.

Only master Li's technique should gain 50 chi and the sage / demon skills, pre-celestial skills should not gain more than than 30 chi.

+1,

+1,

+1!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rising Dragon Strike is a complete joke, you have to be kidding me.

Blade_Aether
    Approaching spam...
  • Prom_Ru - Archosaur
    Prom_Ru - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I think more classes should be implemented classes like a champion which uses strictly fist.and as for the hair my idea is dreads or sumthin thats different sumthin cool like sephiroth hair due from final fantasy IJS=im just sayin thats how i feel
  • FoxyGR - Raging Tide
    FoxyGR - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2011

Venos: they have a freakin tree that is geared toward physical attacks, yet they have no weapons that can made use of this. they need weapons that give good phs attack with simi decent mag attack, the skills from that tree also need to be beefed up, they all suck compared to the physical skills other classes have.

There is a weapon for that, but most veno's *Pratically all of them* don't use it. It's called the Magic Sword.

Can be used to cause physical damage *While in fox*, and still allow for casting.
  • Lonegella - Raging Tide
    Lonegella - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    i have a suggestion how about all the married couples in pwi get to buy and own their own housing ..a place to go when they want to be alone or log off game..you give us sexy bodies and let us get married. and then what we get to kiss it the wide open lol really good stuff there ...silly getting married if you can own a house ...in whatever city you want...kid are optional...lol just a suggestion to make the experience more enjoyable..nobody likes being stared at while they are kissing .....except exibitionists...ijs
    edited March 2012
    i have a suggestion how about all the married couples in pwi get to buy and own their own housing ..a place to go when they want to be alone or log off game..you give us sexy bodies and let us get married. and then what we get to kiss it the wide open lol really good stuff there ...silly getting married if you can own a house ...in whatever city you want...kid are optional...lol just a suggestion to make the experience more enjoyable..nobody likes being stared at while they are kissing .....except exibitionists...ijs

...and how is this a revamp to old classes? Seriously ,look at the title of the post before posting...LOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited March 2012
This discussion has been closed.