Revamp Old Classes

Comments

• Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear
    Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Not less fox skills, but more useful, interesting fox skills. Some really neat human-form skills as well.

^^^ this. as mentioned before, it's the fox tree that venos have that sucks. this is due to the fact that no skill takes a percentage of your physical attack. the debuff they have are kinda weak (to me at least) and i can't see them being used.

Fox Wallop- reduces channeling speed by 40% at max for 3 seconds. quit frankly i could never land this attack before the enemy starts channeling or during channeling. that 3 second window akes this a bit hard to pull off.

Befuddling Mist- reduces accuracy for 8 seconds. again, weak attack power and the reduction in accuracy don't see to be much of a factor in pve at least. not sure about pvp.

stunning blow- this move freezes your target for some time. if it STUNNED like the name suggested, i would have looked past the attack power.

Soul Degeneration- slows down hp/mp regen.........how is this even useful? do mobs regen hp in battle? in pvp i doubt hp and mp regen debuffs are usful in the face of the fact that ppl have hp/mp charms and a wide array of pots.

Crush Vigor- another LOL skill the way i see it. makes the target lose chi every time it's hit for 15 secs. clearly a PVP skill, but honestly, i would rather hit them with something that could help more directly in killing

Leech- not sure about this skill but i don't have high hopes for it. i'll leave that one for the more experienced veno players to talk about.

consume spirit- While in Fox Form, consume 20% of current HP to inflict base
    physical damage to enemy and three seconds later
    gain 225 MP...........sounds weak

of all the fox skills amp and purge are the most useful. Myriad Rainbow seems to be good to. the next skill that might be useful might be that level 100 one but i don't know anything about that.

now my experance with venos is limited so if what i'm saying about these skills and their attack power is wrong, feel free to point it out. but the way i see it, there are only 3 or so skills worth getting in the fox tree out of like 10. i find that to bee a bit sad.
  • Shoshanne - Dreamweaver
    Shoshanne - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I'm gonna have to agree with revamping cosmetics on older classes. Race specific meditation for Elves, Humans, and Untamed plz! I think making some of the older classes skills a little flashier would be nice... but not to the point of making the ppl around you lag.

For venos... I agree with the comment earlier about making the scarab skills reflect their name a little better... fire or ice etc forming a scarab before being thrown at the enemy would be kinda cool. A snake curling around us as we're channeling Noxious Gas? Sounds spiffy. b:pleased A lot of our skills look kinda bland atm... I'm an AA veno so I don't have much experience with how powerful the foxform skills can be but atm I only really use them to debuff when I see a tank struggling... or for amp or myriad rainbow (foxform). And if I could turn into a kitty instead of a fox, that would be nice!

A lot of the wizards skills look good, I wouldn't mess with them too much, but the actions my wiz does while channeling are boring and sometimes don't fit the cast animation.

I also agree with giving clerics in particular a speed buff at least. And personally... I may have gotten more interested in archer if I didn't have to worry about ammo so much.

I'm not gonna make huge statements on what skills should be added for classes... I do think you need to take a good look at barb though.

I like the old style of character customization though, I feel like the customization is limited a bit in comparison to the original 3 classes. No lip color, no eye shadow... makes meh sad b:sad
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Leech- not sure about this skill but i don't have high hopes for it. i'll leave that one for the more experienced veno players to talk about.

consume spirit- While in Fox Form, consume 20% of current HP to inflict base
    physical damage to enemy and three seconds later
    gain 225 MP...........sounds weak

leech and consume spirit are staple grinding skills; they're how you keep your HP and MP up while grinding open map mobs in fox form. they work, but you do kindof have to spam them.

stunning blow could really stand to be a stun, i agree.

i never even noticed fox wallop has a channel speed debuff... three seconds, what good is that? make it thirty, then maybe.

mobs do regen HP and MP while in battle, but not enough to matter. if soul degen stacked with amp, then non-sage soul degen would be worth using; as it is, no.

crush vigor is a PVP skill, unless you've got it demon. i haven't bought even a single level in it.

of all the fox skills amp and purge are the most useful. Myriad Rainbow seems to be good to. the next skill that might be useful might be that level 100 one but i don't know anything about that.

the myriads are both useful, amp and purge are useful. but most 100+ venos i know don't bother with the 100 skills; too little effect, too long cooldown to be worth their price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
    edited August 2011
    leech and consume spirit are staple grinding skills; they're how you keep your HP and MP up while grinding open map mobs in fox form. they work, but you do kindof have to spam them.

stunning blow could really stand to be a stun, i agree.

i never even noticed fox wallop has a channel speed debuff... three seconds, what good is that? make it thirty, then maybe.

mobs do regen HP and MP while in battle, but not enough to matter. if soul degen stacked with amp, then non-sage soul degen would be worth using; as it is, no.

crush vigor is a PVP skill, unless you've got it demon. i haven't bought even a single level in it.

the myriads are both useful, amp and purge are useful. but most 100+ venos i know don't bother with the 100 skills; too little effect, too long cooldown to be worth their price.

TY for enforcing what i thoght lol. these skills may not have been so bad if one could have used them while having a sword or something equiped. i am sure people suggested they need a phsical melee weapon for themselfs. whips would fit perfectly for venos seeings how they tame animals. and they ARE in pwdatabase.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    whips would fit perfectly for venos seeings how they tame animals. and they ARE in pwdatabase.

omfg yes yes and YES i would love to have a whip it would also fit my name and my outfit combinationsb:dirty
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
    edited August 2011
    anwynd wrote: »
    omfg yes yes and YES i would love to have a whip it would also fit my name and my outfit combinationsb:dirty

lol you veno's backstory have them played as seductressesb:sin whips would make them oh SO kinkyxD
  • Emeryl - Lost City
    Emeryl - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Just to reforce:

Human, Winged Elf and Untamed: new meditation poses.

Also create unique armors for every race, don't be lazy b:shutup we just have 1 armor and a re-color of that armor on the other level, armors in PW are boring.

Liberate more customization for werebeasts please, people are asking for that for ages, also no one seens to care that the animals are baseed in the chinese mith, this sounds like a lazy excuse alread since the game Itself alread lost all the "China" focus, with bikes and european custumes.

Venomancer and Sacer: new skill animations, cause they look lame.

Also re-think about the old classes first skills, most of then just do damage (very low) and nothing more of special.
    Also, give a patch for Venos use the melee fox form with efficiency, they can't become a good melee character because fox form requires Int weapons and there's not a single melee character in PW that use Int on their builds.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    lol you veno's backstory have them played as seductressesb:sin whips would make them oh SO kinkyxD

i dont no about my other veno bretheren but i like to play the part when im playing my veno or as they say role playb:sinb:mischievous
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Shoshanne - Dreamweaver
    Shoshanne - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    + 1 to more differentiation between armor sets
    + 1 to whips

b:pleased
  • turg14
    turg14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    WHIPS WHIPS WHIPS WHIPS WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPSb:dirty Ill make a thread ;)
    edited August 2011
    maybe we should suggest venos using hot wax to b:dirty
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    you guys are freakin nuts lol
  • Arsla - Dreamweaver
    Arsla - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    after all this discussion not one mod or Gm puts their view in rofl !

they aren't even doing their jobs properly on forums!

Chinese pw the forums Gms reply devs reply...to threads and posts

GO LEARN FROM THEM!b:bye
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    I refuse to cast a vote in public polls, sorry. I get trolled enough for being in the position I'm in, the last thing I need is to give them more ammunition.b:chuckle
  • God_Loki - Raging Tide
    God_Loki - Raging Tide Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    how bout give barbs more arggo skill. They are the main tank. But spamming the old one over and over really not that interesting.
    I am Loki...God of Mischief...If you see me, you better hide or you'll be my next target... b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • XElkex - Heavens Tear
    XElkex - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ok so i have to agree with a lot that has been said here. i have played an archer for over two years now and i love it, but now i feel like i have been replaced b:sad compared to an archer with a bow, sins attack faster, if an archer has claws, sins attack harder, its very frustrating for someone who loves playing an archer. i agree that archers should be able to use daggers. it is no different from an archer using claws, except they don't have to waste dex on str.

barb agro skills defiantly need to be revamped, they can't keep agro with these lovely new op classes *cough cough* so either they need a few more, or at the least, make them more powerful so they can hold agro better.

i also agree that venos need a melee wep they can use in fox form and the fox form skills need some changing. my main alt is a veno; the only fox form skills i use are purge, amp, leech, and once i get the sage version soul degen. and please fix the befuddling mist skill so i actually says thats its an aoe, really annoying that it doesn't say what it really does.....

last i agree that the character customization needs an update, for all the classes. the new races look beautiful, the old ones look... dull in comparison. and the old classes also need their own custom mediation. the current one looks lame when next to the fishies and earthguards.

i would love to see some of this revamping done b:heart
  • Fulcanelli - Raging Tide
    Fulcanelli - Raging Tide Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I voted yes to whips! b:dirty

and please some more love to wizzies!!!

thanks for reading devs... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • UnseenOne - Lost City
    UnseenOne - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Buffing old classes because the new ones are more powerful is called power creep. That is a bad thing. (fact)

Instead of buffing the old 6 classes so that they are just as OP as the new ones, the new 4 classes should be nerfed to match the old ones.

New content is good, but your post made me think that you rather wanted the old ones buffed than just giving them new stuff.
    Sorry if I spell something wrong, I'm not from an english speaking country. If you can do it in a nice way, please correct bad spelling by me.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Noo b:chuckle make everything op so everything goes more fast paced and flexible. b:victory
    Small wrong move ? I am dead b:surrender
    Nerfing everything make it into simple scissor > paper > rock > scissor
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Buffing old classes because the new ones are more powerful is called power creep. That is a bad thing. (fact)

Instead of buffing the old 6 classes so that they are just as OP as the new ones, the new 4 classes should be nerfed to match the old ones.

New content is good, but your post made me think that you rather wanted the old ones buffed than just giving them new stuff.

I know exactly what you mean this could turn into a vicious circle because everytime one class is being improved the others will complain and cry even if the changes from a neutral point of view didnt make the class OP. Nevertheless I think some changes to the skills of the old classes are necessary to even up the field but they can go hand in hand with nerfing the new classes. I guess the most important point in this reconfiguration process is that the revamp no only leads to an improvement of the performance of the character moreover the changes have to support the unique characteristics of the class. For instance BMs are the class supposed to stun but their stuns dont have 100% accuracy whereas the sins stuns have. I would call this a mistake in game logics. Also wizards are supposed to be glass cannons with insane dph while the psy should be a caster with high magical dps. So it is completely wrong to provide them with magic weapons which have the same dmg range like the wizards magic weapons. It is like giving fists with the dmg range of a pole axe to a bm. I could name many things like this that could be done with minor fixings of some % values and probabilitlies of effects or chi requirement changes but I doubt that PWI will do that since they earn money when everybody raises a farming sin

greetz harm0wnie
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Bm and barb should get buff similar to what on this video :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYoCa8oZgNg&feature=related
    b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Amourus - Raging Tide
    Amourus - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    My personal choice, from my inexperienced lvl of play limited to mostly cleric >.<

Make cleric buffs stronger for the cleric when cast on themselves, and also make there xp loss match the lvl of there revive.

Barbs, give them higher agro skills (or lesson sin damage).

Make veno pets lvl much faster - n dont bother giving them new skills, just give them new pets, I cant find one in earthgaurd I can tame :(

Wizards .. should meditate foating in the air (animation wise)

Sorry I don't have more sugestions for other class's when I play them more no doubt I will :D

PS love whips :D
  • brisingraz
    brisingraz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i reckon they should help out the elven race more
    I mean like clerics buffs/ debuffs are pretty much useless. they have a p debuff that is as good
    a barb, wizzards magic debuffs is better then a clerics. RB is nearly useles 89+ becos it stops
    Demon spark. and clerics run so slow the team kills bosses b4 your there..

And as for archers: They need some help as well :P any meele class will own them up
  • jandraelune
    jandraelune Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    With each expansion regardless what game it is, all existing content needs to get some touch up to even out the old with the new.

Barbs getting better hate generations to out do the DPS/DPH of the new class's. Leave the role of the lead tank on the lead tank.

Veno's getting tamable pets from the new areas, yeah they got 10% from the Tides but 0% from the Earth =.= Also Veno's need better weapons targeted to fox form melee for those that aim at doing that. :p Veno fox's can get higher APS BM, Barb, Seeker as it is already due to magic weapons APS base being higher then any weapon APS base. But really the Veno's own damage be it spell or melee is **** compared to ALL other class's even the other two hybrid class's from Earthguard Mystic (Heal, damage, buff, debuff spells) and Seeker (melee, range and spell DPS). So the veno being weaker in DPS on it's own with out a pet needs a way to keep ALL it's pet's up to speed with lvl with out wasting a day or more just grinding mobs to lvl it's pets.

Wiz and Psy are two different things. Wiz is AoE DPS/DPH while Psy is single target DPS/DPH. They are two different roles.

Cleric is the slowest class of them all. And they are the GROUP healer. They can't be inching by to heal the party members that are flashing by. They need at least an increased flight speed to move around and heal the group as intended.

Archer either needs an instant bounce out of melee range or have real melee skills to defend melee targets with. With adding Assassin's and Seekers Archers are now in a world of hurt. Or letting them do full damage to ground targets while flying.

Mystic is a jack of all trades caster, able to fill the gap of any caster class. Cleric, Veno, Psy, Wiz. Though not as powerful in role but only class that can do all roles well enough.

BM could stand at higher lvls being focused more into one weapon tree.

Seeker is like the Sin...more DPS then tank. Expect Seeker has range and magic damage not just melee. Only change to Seeker should be a community change rather then any content. Players focus on Seekers being DPS rather then tank, and not just melee DPS but range and spell DPS. Seeker really has more skills that are range and spell then melee.

ALL class's need some anti-stealth more so for the first 6. There was no stealth skill until Rising Tides Assassin was added.

Both Earthguard and Tideburn quests need more Gems in rewards to match what the first 6 get already. Also need jumping quests like the Human and Untamed have to teach the new players about double jumping.
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i reckon they should help out the elven race more
    I mean like clerics buffs/ debuffs are pretty much useless. they have a p debuff that is as good
    a barb, wizzards magic debuffs is better then a clerics. RB is nearly useles 89+ becos it stops
    Demon spark. and clerics run so slow the team kills bosses b4 your there..

And as for archers: They need some help as well :P any meele class will own them up

all of the old races need help actually. i understand that this would be hard to do due to the originally devs no longer working at PWI. normally i would accept a reason like that, but this is one exception. PWE should move heaven and earth to do something with the older classes. some of them have become rare in game. archers and wizard in particular, i can go for days without seeing them. barbs, have the role of tank and the only true tank in the game, yet still they are a hell of a lot harder to find now than they were a few years ago. the other classes that i do see from the old days that people still play, need something to freshen them up a bit.

a lot of players i've run into have a "why play a wiz/archer/bm/barb/veno, when i can play a psy/sin/seeker/or mystic? if you ask me, if players are asking those kinds of questions, then something is wrong somewhere.
  • Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear
    Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    all of the old races need help actually. i understand that this would be hard to do due to the originally devs no longer working at PWI. normally i would accept a reason like that, but this is one exception. PWE should move heaven and earth to do something with the older classes. some of them have become rare in game. archers and wizard in particular, i can go for days without seeing them. barbs, have the role of tank and the only true tank in the game, yet still they are a hell of a lot harder to find now than they were a few years ago. the other classes that i do see from the old days that people still play, need something to freshen them up a bit.

a lot of players i've run into have a "why play a wiz/archer/bm/barb/veno, when i can play a psy/sin/seeker/or mystic? if you ask me, if players are asking those kinds of questions, then something is wrong somewhere.

Well I would say this is true with the exception of the BM which is almost as popular as a Sin.

The other old classes you don't see around much in the mid levels meaning no-one is starting and leveling them. It is almost always Sins and BMs in the mid levels in squads doing BHs. It is getting to the point I almost want to quit the squad when I join a BH squad on my Cleric and find 5 Sins.

But back to the topic, the old classes CAN be easily improved by the existing devs if they choose to.

For example they can make Cleric only Footwear that gives a +1 speed boost.

Venos could be given a Pet skill scroll that allows the Pet to boost AOE aggro.

Barbs could have a new Genie skill that generates a huge amount of aggro.

Etc.

In fact almost all these things could be easily done with class specific new Genie Skill buffs with a long duration (1 hr). This and new gear is something the new Devs are quite capable of coding without modifying the original character.
  • brisingraz
    edited September 2011
    Yea if they let Archers have BP that would work.. Gives archers a healing skill.. But I mean most higher lvl Archers I see are wearing fists because its better then a bow in PVE..

Clerics are only useful because of their BB

People say Wizards are good End game but like i mean any melee class is good from start to end game

All I can say really is become a Sin or BM
  • Lawlass_war - Heavens Tear
    Lawlass_war - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    brisingraz wrote: »
    Yea if they let Archers have BP that would work.. Gives archers a healing skill.. But I mean most higher lvl Archers I see are wearing fists because its better then a bow in PVE..

Clerics are only useful because of their BB

People say Wizards are good End game but like i mean any melee class is good from start to end game

All I can say really is become a Sin or BM

archers by all rights shouldn't NEED a healing skill. only ranged mobs can actually hit them and even when they do, they may only get off a shot or 2. archers are suppose to be just that, ARCHERS long ranged attacks, instead there is this 5 APS craze where every class that that is able to use 5 aps uses it. for BM this may be ok but archers give up stats to get 5 APS.

cerlic have alot going for them besides BB. that statement speaks volumes of noobity

Wizards are a magic class. and good as they are, phys out damage them because they hit just as hard as wiz but cast at a faster rate.

now would you kindly GTFO you troll
  • brisingraz
    edited September 2011
    archers by all rights shouldn't NEED a healing skill. only ranged mobs can actually hit them and even when they do, they may only get off a shot or 2. archers are suppose to be just that, ARCHERS long ranged attacks, instead there is this 5 APS craze where every class that that is able to use 5 aps uses it. for BM this may be ok but archers give up stats to get 5 APS.

cerlic have alot going for them besides BB. that statement speaks volumes of noobity

Wizards are a magic class. and good as they are, phys out damage them because they hit just as hard as wiz but cast at a faster rate.

now would you kindly GTFO you troll

in most instances its very unlikely your going to kite the mobs
    Explain to me why there is a sudden lack of archers around? They need some help and thats is pretty obvious BP was a suggestion.. Just for the fact that when mobs come up close using fists is better then using your bow..

And its true Clerics do have buffs as well but I like moaning for better skills just for the fact that i have a Cleric :).. But its is very frustrating when your running 4.8 while most other are running 10 m/s.. and any way if people are going into instances they will ask for just ask for buffs then leave you..
    My whole point really in a indirect way is that melee is OP :P
  • Stassi - Dreamweaver
    Stassi - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I would just like to point out that I am also in favor of giving venos whips. b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.