Ingame Stalker ...

Options
X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
As title says, my wife has a stalker, who won't go away at all. It's an alt account I think, 0 achievements, 0 toons showing in core connect. Aside from blacklisting which just works on chat, how could I make them go away? We can still see him/her when they are around us doing whatever derogatory gestures. Wife come back from afk to find her toons head sticking in a mounts rear for example >.<

I would ask for GM help but they don't give a sht about player harassment; "Send a ticket to get our automated bullsht response plz". Any ideas are appreciated. x.x
Post edited by X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• EarthWarden - Raging Tide
    EarthWarden - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    sounds sexy...i mean scary.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    There is nothing that you can do other than send a ticket for an automated response, re-roll on a different server, play a private server, or blacklist.

Many are going to tell you to send a ticket, but you and I both know how much BS the ticket system is. Send one ticket w/ five total responses, to just get five automated messages back. No one actually works at the ticket system, it's just run by a machine/bot for most of the areas you fill out for your ticket.
  • TheStalker - Dreamweaver
    TheStalker - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I believe I can help, a friend of mine had a similar problem. I'll need your e-mail address, mailing address, home phone number, work phone number, and perhaps a lock of your hair. You can give me an article of clothing or I can obtain it later on, reply back to me if you're interested I'm happy to help.

*stalkstalkstalkstalk*
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    As title says, my wife has a stalker, who won't go away at all. It's an alt account I think, 0 achievements, 0 toons showing in core connect. Aside from blacklisting which just works on chat, how could I make them go away? We can still see him/her when they are around us doing whatever derogatory gestures. Wife come back from afk to find her toons head sticking in a mounts rear for example >.<

I would ask for GM help but they don't give a sht about player harassment; "Send a ticket to get our automated bullsht response plz". Any ideas are appreciated. x.x

Go play a different game, where the help desk will actually do something to help.

My blacklist is broken, and the response I got was 'we can't duplicate the problem, so it must not exist'.

Otherwise, bring your faction in to help. Find out who that person's main is, and bring it to world chat. Humiliate them. Seemed to work when someone impersonated a faction leader in one of the factions I belonged to. Then the jerk sent threats of **** and other personal injury to my friend, and even screencaps of that wouldn't get helpdesk to do anything, which was really ironic because my friend had absolutely NOTHING to do with the entire thing.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Send in a ticket under "Gold issue", 100% positive you'll get a real human being XD.

But otherwise, if they follow you outside a SZ. Drop them and laugh.

Oh wait....nvm, you aren't on a PvP server >.>....Uhhh.....

*ran outta idea's*
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Oh man, getting harrassed on a game...what are you guys 6 ?

If your biggest problem with him is to find your wife with her head stuck into some1's mount blazing ***, what i can tell you is...have a big laughs

Cmon, ignore the dude. The more you get upset at him the best he will try to harrass you even more.

Grow up and dont go wash you teeth IRL every time your are meditating IN GAME and some casual stranger pass by and stops in front of you and it seems you are giving head...cmon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    take screenies of the harrasment and submit a ticket. It's against ToS and the offender will get banned. (although not likely for a very long time.) Or you can do what GohRal mentioned and just ignore them. It's very likely that if you pretend they aren't there and quit letting it annoy you that they will get tired and stop. If they don't, the only one losing is them.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    8. No posting of personal conversations or personal information (from IMs or PMs).
    Topics such as these are considered breaches of privacy. Please refrain from posting such items including, but not limited to, email exchanges with GMs, admins, moderators, PWE Customer Service or personal communications with other members.

This is how helpful support is. the game glitches and they do ****.

oh and shelly this is not againt the rules if it is instead of just editing my post lets see some proof its against the rules i want to see where it says it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I don't even stalk you when I'm visible Trig! Stealth or nothing. How dare you! ;_;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Is it really that big of a deal? If he's blacklisted, he's easy to ignore. They'll get bored after awhile. It's probably somebody you or your wife knows who's seen you complain about it/seen this thread, so you're only encouraging it more. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
    edited June 2011
    Options
    8. No posting of personal conversations or personal information (from IMs or PMs).
    Topics such as these are considered breaches of privacy. Please refrain from posting such items including, but not limited to, email exchanges with GMs, admins, moderators, PWE Customer Service or personal communications with other members.

This is how helpful support is. the game glitches and they do ****.

oh and shelly this is not againt the rules if it is instead of just editing my post lets see some proof its against the rules i want to see where it says it is.

At least I saw the ticket, before it was removed. All tickets are like this. PWE's support is no better than a private servers, in terms of sending tickets and what not. They are unable to satisfy anyone. I just keep rejecting the tickets until they close 'em.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    your right it says emails but it does not say you cannot post tickets. b:bye

besides the topic i posted it in proves why they shouldn't bother.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Threesome...? Or just tell him two is enough :/.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Send in a ticket under "Gold issue", 100% positive you'll get a real human being XD.

But otherwise, if they follow you outside a SZ. Drop them and laugh.

Oh wait....nvm, you aren't on a PvP server >.>....Uhhh.....

*ran outta idea's*

Alt account 0 achievements means they'd probly be blue name anyway even if it was a pvp server, smart one.

Anyway, it is really best to ignore them, if it's an alt account reporting and getting them banned(which would denote that we have a working ticket system, which we do not) wouldn't do much except for possibly force them to make a new account. best thing to do is laugh at them or ignore them. sometimes "LOL" is the best response.
  • Flyingkea - Dreamweaver
    Flyingkea - Dreamweaver Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Last I checked if theyre not on FL they cant refresh info to see where you are. Try going to a city and teleporting away to a random location ie from plume to saaayyy etherblade, or archosaur, make it random. I'm assuming that your wife is a similar level to you so you so the entire map should be open for teleport.

If they are still able to follow I'm gonna guess its an alt of someone on her friendlist who is able to refresh info.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Delete everyone on your friends list who you haven't talked to extensively directly. I mean everyone. This person's alt/main is probably on your friends list and you don't even realize it. It's the only way they would be able to follow you around so much, since the only that tells everyone exactly where you are is your friends list. If you are a catshop, move your catshop to a different location. it might not be as profitable, but if it seriously causes you emotional harm what is the point? Find a new market. Other than, I would just ignore them. Raging in general chat, and complaining in forums etc are probably what the guy lives for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    A guy did that to my ex-in-game-wife a while back. He would follow her around everywhere, then try to attack her when I wasn't around. After I PK'd him randomly around the map over a period of a few weeks, he left her mostly alone... b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    your right it says emails but it does not say you cannot post tickets. b:bye

besides the topic i posted it in proves why they shouldn't bother.

Its the exact same principle, and it says "but not limited to". Ticket content has always been removed from the forums. So please do not continue to post the content of private corresponding with the GMs.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Its the exact same principle, and it says "but not limited to". Ticket content has always been removed from the forums. So please do not continue to post the content of private corresponding with the GMs.

Why havent you been fired yet?
  • sanny1129
    sanny1129 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Pk their *** over,and over, and over, and....well I think you get the point! Believe me my bro had the same problem with his girl and he did what I'm telling you..
    Don't You hate Sigs that re Comments I know I Do..lol
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Why havent you been fired yet?

She's just doing her job. It's the rule that is stupid. Who ever heard of customer support being something that is private/secret. Customer support shouldn't be something that is considered a private message. It's not a private conversation. It's a corporate response to any given issue and should be treated as such. This is really the only company I know of that encourages you to contact customer support but then forbids players from talking about their customer support experience. Or showing receipts/proofs of purchase to others. If you are that dissatisfied with the way you are handling things, handle them better. If you think that your customer service would be something that makes people not want to spend money on your game or would somehow make you look bad then that means you have lousy customer
    service and should find cost-effective ways to improve upon it. If anything it actually makes think that if I ever got to the point where I could spend large amounts of money on games, I would probably switch games because I would rather give my money to a company that prides itself on customer service.

Look at Dominos pizza and look how successful their ad campaign was by showing that poor service does happen but is completely unacceptable. That it isn't something to be expected from them but is something that is the exception to the rule. That they've listened to customer concerns and made changes. That ad campaign is one of the must successful ones they've had.

The fact of the matter is that people want to associate themselves with a company that has good customer service and is cheap. By making it so secretive even though the customer complaints are numerous and unable to be totally silenced, you make it look like all that harsh criticism is true. Despite the fact that many have had positive experiences with your ticket system. I know I have, and I know people who have. My Dad's last ticket was responded to in 24 hours, a completely reasonable time frame and was handled satisfactorily. By having that mindset you've actually given credence to those who say such things. You've made it seem like it's something to be ashamed of. Who hides work they take great pride in?

It may be policy but it's dumb policy. However, rules are rules and mods job is to enforce them until they are changed. Don't shoot the messenger, Shelly is just doing her job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It may be policy but it's dumb policy. However, rules are rules and mods job is to enforce them until they are changed. Don't shoot the messenger, Shelly is just doing her job.

And is therefore proof of why PWE is considered to be suck *** at customer satisfaction.

The only reason they dont want them shown on the forums is because it just makes it more obvious how inconsistant their service is. If you know of Escorians issue, which I would assume you do, frequenting these forums like a lot of us, you know exactly what im talking about.

Defending her "Just doing her job" makes it easier for PWE employees (Which shelly isnt) to say the same thing. Problem is there is 0 escalation. You get jack **** in the forums, then you get jack **** at the ticket system. Then you are ****ed. End of the line and noone who matter will pay any attention.
    edited June 2011
    Options
    And is therefore proof of why PWE is considered to be suck *** at customer satisfaction.

The only reason they dont want them shown on the forums is because it just makes it more obvious how inconsistant their service is. If you know of Escorians issue, which I would assume you do, frequenting these forums like a lot of us, you know exactly what im talking about.

Defending her "Just doing her job" makes it easier for PWE employees (Which shelly isnt) to say the same thing. Problem is there is 0 escalation. You get jack **** in the forums, then you get jack **** at the ticket system. Then you are ****ed. End of the line and noone who matter will pay any attention.

Eh, she is just a mod. As you said, it's not like she is the one working the ticketing. She is a player like us and I"m sure she has had her fair share of frustrations at times. She has also shown great growth in her modding abilities, imho. The main issue is the management quite frankly, the lower level PWE employees who do what they do because they care more about paying their bills and putting food on the table and don't want to lose their jobs especially with the current US unemployment blame are not the ones who should be fired. I think it unfair that Shelly and the other mods are subject to player harassment when it's not their fault. She isn't just claiming it as an excuse it is 100% true. If anything, If I worked in the marketing department and saw this I would be finding ways to fix it so that they can build up goodwill in the eyes of the public. It goes a long way. Using the dominos pizza example, and I quote, after their ad campaign highlighting the mistakes they've made and focusing on customer they found "an increase in revenue of about $45 million over the same quarter last year bolstered by an 11 percent increase in domestic same store sales and a seven percent increase in international same store sales."

During a time when the economy is not as good as it was and people are eating out less. So yeah, I think that PWI isn't only making players mad, they are hurting their bottom line.

And yeah, sadly I know of escorian's issue. b:surrender I'm glad his fac mates helped resolve it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited June 2011
    Options
    content of private corresponding with the GMs.

I think you mean to say "with the bots", as there are very few GMs working on the ticket system. It's mostly ran by automated system messages.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I think you mean to say "with the bots", as there are very few GMs working on the ticket system. It's mostly ran by automated system messages.

The automated message you initially receive is to let you know that your ticket has been received and is being processed and assigned to a GM. Any further corresponding is indeed with one of the staff members who are assigned to handle the tickets.

b:thanks
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yeah see, there's the problem. 99.9% of the cases there is nofurther correspondence <.<
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The automated message you initially receive is to let you know that your ticket has been received and is being processed and assigned to a GM. Any further corresponding is indeed with one of the staff members who are assigned to handle the tickets.

b:thanks

I was referring to to the messages after the initial automated message. I've sent many tickets on both accounts I own, as well as seen many ticket responses from friends and acquaintances. Most responses are automated by a bot system, or some sort of automation-type system. If you do get a human-like response by constantly denying the ticket responses over and over, chances are your issue is about gold or money. If by some chance you do get a message that is human-like, they are completely helpless and won't be able to do anything, as always.

Any game issue? It's your problem not PWEs.

Any lag issue? It's your problem not PWEs.

Any player harassment issues? Black list, they won't ban if the person(s) pay cash in the game.

Any stealing, scamming, etc... Ignore the players that scam/steal, but they won't get banned.

Something glitched! Help me get back my items! Sorry, your issue not PWEs.

Tickets are worthless. It's generally better to spam the forums, send multiple ticket responses (and deny all responses until your satisfied), and PM GMs/CMs on the forums repeatedly, in hopes the harassment finally gets the best of 'em, and you get a human-like response.
  • _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear
    _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    send multiple ticket responses (and deny all responses until your satisfied), and PM GMs/CMs on the forums repeatedly, in hopes the harassment finally gets the best of 'em, and you get a human-like response.

That works? o.o

Or rather, has it actually worked. I've sent in 4 tickets so far for my issue and I swear they only read like the first sentence then send back a message that basically says **** you its your problem....they not be budging at all yet ._.
    Semi-retired due to continuing mind boggling displays of stupidity from PWI
    edited June 2011
    Options
    That works? o.o

Or rather, has it actually worked. I've sent in 4 tickets so far for my issue and I swear they only read like the first sentence then send back a message that basically says **** you its your problem....they not be budging at all yet ._.

It's worked at least once or twice for me. Basically, you cause as much mayhem and havoc as you can, so they feel like giving you a legit solution will get you out of their hair.
  • Moroulini - Archosaur
    Moroulini - Archosaur Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If only there were several realms in pw, (like in fw), stalking would be harder.. b:mischievous
    b:flower SEIZE THE DAY b:flower