Hook and thorns

2»

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Thank you for the info any good drops or just dq's?

Just like every other mob: DQs with the occasional mat or gear.

Just that the spiders are easier to grind on because of low costs.

I personally wouldn't even consider them until at least level 94 due to the damage reductions.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    If you're having problems with the spiders at 93, you're doing it wrong.

I was grinding on the spiders on my Archer at 90 with little problem.

To make it easier, look into genie skills. I plan on getting a genie, probably just taking a trash genie and re-skilling it, and putting a poison immunity or remove poison skill on it.

As for Hook and thorn, I found it has decent attack and damage. i like using it in combination with other daggers. I use daggers with procs, use the dagger until it procs (say, for Damage Increase), then switch to hooks. The main problem I have with hooks right now is that if I am in RB or use Relentless Courage, I get to 2.0 with hooks, but I also get to 2.0 in RB or using Relentless Courage using Glowfall Wings. If I'm in RB for an extended period of time, I'll use a dagger with a proc to increase my damage, or with higher physical attack, as the -int from the hooks does nothing for me then. I may also switch when using relentless courage, and switch back when the speed buff wears off, because again, there's no direct benefit to using them.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Insanebrujah - Dreamweaver
    Insanebrujah - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Just like every other mob: DQs with the occasional mat or gear.

Just that the spiders are easier to grind on because of low costs.

I personally wouldn't even consider them until at least level 94 due to the damage reductions.
    Ok I wasnt sure never been around there yet. Quick question off topic. I got the lvl 79 skill healing breeze I think? Is condense thorn worth another mil spirit?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thank you Dorset
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Ok I wasnt sure never been around there yet. Quick question off topic. I got the lvl 79 skill healing breeze I think? Is condense thorn worth another mil spirit?

I wouldn't say that Condensed Thorn is worth the coin for PvE. The buff it gives is too short.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Insanebrujah - Dreamweaver
    Insanebrujah - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I wouldn't say that Condensed Thorn is worth the coin for PvE. The buff it gives is too short.

I was thinking that but some of the posts got me curious is all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thank you Dorset