Most stressful squads ever..

Options
13»

Comments

• Voida - Heavens Tear
    Voida - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    To be honest, I don't worry about what classes are in a squad, who is taking aggro or whatever, all I worry about is keeping everyone alive but if someone moans at me and tells me how to play my character, they can die and run back to where we are. Moaning is the only thing that stresses me out since its a game, its based on team work so act like a team or gtfo!

(Have played a cleric before, this is a remake cleric)
  • Takumeme - Dreamweaver
    Takumeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I usually detest having sins in squad, just for the pure fact they tend to take aggro and mess everything up. I really only point fingers at the ones who don't TRY to control themselves.

I almost had a heart attack when I was in a squad of 3 sins, a barb and my bf's mystic. Thankfully, the sins made up for the barb since he liked to either pull with Zeal or just hit ONE THING AT A TIME b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • apex1predator
    apex1predator Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I only use 1 rule in squads..you die by stupidity my res costs you 100k. Rebuff will be 50k as well. So play smart and save yourself a bucketload of coin.

The thing that ticks me off most is when they tell me how to play my char. Especially sins..all i say is; when's the last time you ribstriked a boss? Shuts them up b:shutup
  • Zarriah - Raging Tide
    Zarriah - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Throughout my time playing there has always been at least one super stressful squad for every type of BH/FB etc. However the worst experiences Ive had came from BH69, hands down. Sins stealing aggro and getting killshot, the odd low HP BM who decides 'I so can tank Pole!!' and promptly dies as soon as the debuff hits them. Sometimes tank would die when he would go to pull because he pulled both bosses. Anyway, my worst time was..

Finally got a squad together for BH69, after taking almost an hour to get a barb. I was the only cleric, and I dont remember any of the DDs except the archer. Everything went rather smooth, until Pole. I'm not sure what his HP was at (having the tank targeted for healing) when the archer stole aggro. Since she was standing right next to me and Pole came charging for her, I holy pathed the hell away and avoided death as she was one shot. Once she was dead Pole turned right back around and debuffed the barb and attacked. While I'm trying to make sure the tank doesnt die (which would cause a sure squad wipe) she's screaming at me to res her. Once Im satisfied that the barb will live while I channel res, I start ressing her, and right as I cast it on her Pole dies, and she doesnt get credit. She then calls me a fail cleric, and tells everyone else they fail, and kicks us all from squad.
    "Look at the sky. It's not dark and black and without character... the black is, in fact, deep blue. And over there: lighter blue, and blowing through the blues and blackness the winds swirling through the air and then shining, burning, bursting through: the stars! And you see how they roar their light. Everywhere we look, the complex magic of nature blazes before our eyes."
  • Voida - Heavens Tear
    Voida - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I think as I'm leveling higher I'm starting to notice how stupid people are, Sins are always trying to steal aggro to prove they can and then die to prove they are stupid so I always control my squads so I know whats going on, who's hitting what and who's tanking what. I often find a threat such as "do as I say or i'll cut you" works a treat and also makes the squad laugh b:chuckle
  • Greggory - Dreamweaver
    Greggory - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I had a sin who decided that she wanted to run in and tank all the bosses. I was fine with it and could keep up, but she wasn't grabbing all the agro, so she kept dying and yelling at me. I told her the same thing every time, "I'll heal you and keep you alive you just have to take all agro".

I sorta like it when there's multiple people who run in to take the agro and I heal them all. It's challenging and it's a break from my bm's run in, hit, stun a little, drop an aoe, spark. I dunno.

And I love it when I get all the add requests from squads after BH runs. It doesn't help that there's a limit on my friend's list. xP

There was a squad that stressed me out. I had just run out of stamina on my genie and didn't have holy path to keep up with the rest of the squad and we all know clerics are SLOW as hell. Which I usually don't mind.

But there was a BM who would run around gathering up agro and aoeing them before I even got there and complaining to me that I didn't heal him. Well, it's a little hard to heal when you're out of range b:bye
  • im2cool4usothere
    im2cool4usothere Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I had a sin who decided that she wanted to run in and tank all the bosses. I was fine with it and could keep up, but she wasn't grabbing all the agro, so she kept dying and yelling at me. I told her the same thing every time, "I'll heal you and keep you alive you just have to take all agro".

I sorta like it when there's multiple people who run in to take the agro and I heal them all. It's challenging and it's a break from my bm's run in, hit, stun a little, drop an aoe, spark. I dunno.

And I love it when I get all the add requests from squads after BH runs. It doesn't help that there's a limit on my friend's list. xP

There was a squad that stressed me out. I had just run out of stamina on my genie and didn't have holy path to keep up with the rest of the squad and we all know clerics are SLOW as hell. Which I usually don't mind.

But there was a BM who would run around gathering up agro and aoeing them before I even got there and complaining to me that I didn't heal him. Well, it's a little hard to heal when you're out of range b:bye

Why would I attack a bunch of monsters at once if I'm no healing? You heal me first and then I attack. LOL FAIL CLERIC.
  • Bluelita - Archosaur
    Bluelita - Archosaur Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Well I understand all your pains.. I passed and pass by this also.
    But sometimes it can be funny, so I come with a little story.
    I made yesterday a BH51 squad for some colleague (who d'ced, so finally I made it for some random people b:laugh). A squad of 3 barbs, one being a tabber, some dds and me-cleric. I was the only female, it will be important after. It worked rather smoothly, even if generally I was left behind the 3 tigers. We are near the wyvern, my slow cleric dragging behind, I see the highest level barbs hp go down. As I am too far to see antyhing, I suppose they kill the adds.. but when I come nearer - well the all mighty barb pulled wyvern and shouts for me to heal him. His hp was too low and he died, so I rezzed him while the other barb made a tank, all went good.
    At the end he says in squad chat if "does a cleric knows what healing means" - "and do you know what waiting until the cleric is here means"? He rage quit..
    And the poor tabber says to me "I don't know why he pmed me all the time to heal him? I cannot heal, is there some skill I don't know?"
    A barb wanting another barb to heal him.. this made me rotfl. Would like to see it, indeed!b:laugh
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I usually detest having sins in squad, just for the pure fact they tend to take aggro and mess everything up. I really only point fingers at the ones who don't TRY to control themselves.

I almost had a heart attack when I was in a squad of 3 sins, a barb and my bf's mystic. Thankfully, the sins made up for the barb since he liked to either pull with Zeal or just hit ONE THING AT A TIME b:surrender
    Assassins are a god-send in an 80s FF squad. I've never had any problem at all healing them so long as if they do tank and steal aggro they can handle a second or two for me to figure out they have it, i.e. aren't glass cannons so to speak.
    I only use 1 rule in squads..you die by stupidity my res costs you 100k. Rebuff will be 50k as well. So play smart and save yourself a bucketload of coin.

The thing that ticks me off most is when they tell me how to play my char. Especially sins..all i say is; when's the last time you ribstriked a boss? Shuts them up b:shutup
    Ironically most sins in their 80s I've found rib strike bosses fairly often. However, there's a similar problem with higher APS sins and fist BM's, where they think they are a gift to an FF squad and don't need to do anything else. Sins, for example, can easily subsea with a spark. BM's can HF even using fists. While I'm fairly lenient on the SS if the BM in the squad is too good for HF, he gets the boot.

I wouldn't charge people for a rez or buffs though. If a squad is playing that stupidly and getting me killed I leave. Otherwise, if **** happens, you need buffs too (BM's bell, barb's BKI), so consequently they can charge you. Since this logic makes little sense, presuming I'm not playing cleric, any other cleric wanting to charge a squad I'm in, if a person simply messes up and say accidentally does alacrity on Runewolf killing the melees, gets booted for a far more appreciative and less a-hole'ish cleric. The arguments that would ensue over charging for buffs would inevitably cause more pain in an FF squad than it would be worth, therefore, *kick the person who does this*.

Anyhow, there are almost always stressful squads and I limit myself as to how much I will take before I leave. Any squad that gets me killed due to excessive amount of bishops spawning on Dreadindra, constantly cancelling Runewolf's SUPER, or squad wiping at the big room because they made too big of a pull, or hitting Sawfist Reaper (in my cleric's case Oceania's AOE+Sawfist would kill her, although I time when he gonna do AOE and plume shell+IH myself a few times to avoid the possibility) and getting ppl killed would do the trick. Nobody has been dumb enough to tell either of my clerics how to play simply because I already know. and have for well over a year and a half.
  • im2cool4usothere
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Assassins are a god-send in an 80s FF squad. I've never had any problem at all healing them so long as if they do tank and steal aggro they can handle a second or two for me to figure out they have it, i.e. aren't glass cannons so to speak.

Ironically most sins in their 80s I've found rib strike bosses fairly often. However, there's a similar problem with higher APS sins and fist BM's, where they think they are a gift to an FF squad and don't need to do anything else. Sins, for example, can easily subsea with a spark. BM's can HF even using fists. While I'm fairly lenient on the SS if the BM in the squad is too good for HF, he gets the boot.

I wouldn't charge people for a rez or buffs though. If a squad is playing that stupidly and getting me killed I leave. Otherwise, if **** happens, you need buffs too (BM's bell, barb's BKI), so consequently they can charge you. Since this logic makes little sense, presuming I'm not playing cleric, any other cleric wanting to charge a squad I'm in, if a person simply messes up and say accidentally does alacrity on Runewolf killing the melees, gets booted for a far more appreciative and less a-hole'ish cleric. The arguments that would ensue over charging for buffs would inevitably cause more pain in an FF squad than it would be worth, therefore, *kick the person who does this*.

Anyhow, there are almost always stressful squads and I limit myself as to how much I will take before I leave. Any squad that gets me killed due to excessive amount of bishops spawning on Dreadindra, constantly cancelling Runewolf's SUPER, or squad wiping at the big room because they made too big of a pull, or hitting Sawfist Reaper (in my cleric's case Oceania's AOE+Sawfist would kill her, although I time when he gonna do AOE and plume shell+IH myself a few times to avoid the possibility) and getting ppl killed would do the trick. Nobody has been dumb enough to tell either of my clerics how to play simply because I already know. and have for well over a year and a half.

you leaving in the big room? people do this thing? b:shocked
    edited June 2011
    Options
    you leaving in the big room? people do this thing? b:shocked
    Only once did I leave before heads were finished (in the times I left @ big room), and it was a squad that just could not grasp the simple concept of not hitting Sawfist, and making sure Raging Thunder was hit, while killing the boss. This was before hypers, so after several deaths it was not going to be a beneficial run.
  • im2cool4usothere
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Only once did I leave before heads were finished (in the times I left @ big room), and it was a squad that just could not grasp the simple concept of not hitting Sawfist, and making sure Raging Thunder was hit, while killing the boss. This was before hypers, so after several deaths it was not going to be a beneficial run.

ohhhhhhhhh i see now.....what is the raging thunder?
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ohhhhhhhhh i see now.....what is the raging thunder?
    It's what people when doing the big room call the "hands". That's the actual name of it.
  • im2cool4usothere
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It's what people when doing the big room call the "hands". That's the actual name of it.

oohhhhhh i always killing the hands but i didnt remimber the name
  • apex1predator
    apex1predator Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Janus i say i charge them for res just to keep them awake. There are countless examples of players thinking there rambo and that the cleric is by their side to bail them out of trouble. Well as you know your genie can only take so much punishment before he needs a short break. Its usually in these breaks that said Rambo player goes off on a rampage and i cant stay in range to keep him alive. So the little stick behind the door keeps him on his feet a bit more.

Also certain players dont realise that BB takes 2 sparks and they think i can BB at a moments notice. While there are pots and cloud eruption to help me get some chi i prefer only to use them in emergency situations.

thankfully i dont run into these situations often anymore as most of the players i squad with know their roll in a squad. Ribstrike is still a rarety but hey if they dont mind the higher repairs due to more dmg to their gear..ill keep em alive so they can tripspark and auto attack to their hearts content
  • Takumeme - Dreamweaver
    Takumeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'm talking about BH, not FC. And by BH I mean 51 where a Sin at the level for the BH can most likely NOT tank the bosses but instead get 3 shot :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Greggory - Dreamweaver
    Greggory - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Why would I attack a bunch of monsters at once if I'm no healing? You heal me first and then I attack. LOL FAIL CLERIC.

I stack IH for them to run in. But if they don't get all agro, they're on their own.

You go ahead and attack while being healed :D but once you do attack and don't take all agro, my healings stop.
  • Lady_Yuny - Sanctuary
    Lady_Yuny - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    About two weeks ago I was in an fcc, was going okay with the exception of a slightly slow bm, he just was kinda not smart. It wasn't a big deal and I was just shutting up. However in the last room, barb pulls the full room and brings it toward my bb....AND NO ONE DID ANYTHING. The idiot bm didn't even attack! I took all aggro and the others tried to get the aggro off me but to be honest it wasn't working very well. I took hp food but it was a losing battle and I died just as all the mobs died. I had to go to town and as I'm walking back, the IDIOT STARTED HEADS WITHOUT ME.
    I was so angry, I was FUMING.
    The entire squad just did heads without me and I couldn't get back fast enough as I'm slow. I had died earlier in that fcc so my res scroll was on cool down still.
    I was so angry. I had been keeping them all alive, and ressing them when they died the entire time, I just wanted to get to heads so I could level.

Never squad with RonnyDl for real.
  • Cornelia_Ue - Sanctuary
    Cornelia_Ue - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Everyone stop QQ'ing

If there is a fail cleric teach them how to be a better cleric. This benefits you and others greatly.
    Also as a "Good" DD part of your job is to protect the cleric. Heck I can Heal/Tank with herc, DD (keep in mind I hit mobs for 15k non crit = I pull aggro)/amp/purge, and I can protect my cleric... So what's your excuse?

Do yourself a favor and play your class well. You're in a squad = team event. It's not just about your own exp, but others as well.
    In a good squad no one will die because of dumb reasons, because they are playing their class "well"

Tips for a smart squad:

Be stocked with necessaries:

Res Scroll - 1x (at the least)
    Food/Pots - Hp, Mp, or Both
    Charm (if you can afford it)

Hint, hint, hint

Sins - Blood Paint makes the tankers and cleric job easier. You have 3 skills to control your aggro and if you don't know what they are read up on forum.

Wizzies/Mystic/Psychic - Stay in the back, distance is your friend. If you pull aggro don't run away from the tank run towards them so they can take aggro from you.

BM - You have stuns learn to use it. Diamond Sutra : use it to heal your self when you pull and cleric hasn't realized it. And yes the wrong marrow can make you a one hit target for any mob/boss.

Veno - Don't just spam Venomous Scarab or just let your pet attack. Use Ironwood Scarab: Armor Break, Blazing Scarab: DoT, Amplify Damage: (It's all in the name).... Need I continue, our job is to go in, curse the f@ck out of the boss, and unleash a horde of damage.

Barb - Flesh Ream: Lvl it please. Nothing is more sad then a lvl 1 Flesh Ream on a high lvl barb. Also get magic ornaments and gear that is your lvl. And please stop trying to out tank a seeker... just stop.

Seeker - You're a Tank/DD/Debuffer. b:dirty Vortex
    Use Krav Maga.
    Improves the defensive capability of you and your party, within 15 meters.
    Maximally increases character's Defense Level by 5,
    lasts for 30 minutes.
    Costs 1 Mirage Celestone.
    I know it cost *(1) mirage to use, but do a solo TT 1-1 and there you go +/- 36 mirage stones per day.
    This is a very valuable skill when you get a hint that the squad is... hmm a liability to themselves this skill may save you a few headaches.
    Frankly if you have a well built seeker the cleric should rarely have to heal you.

Cleric - Love you all, takes a lot to deal with the amount of "dumb" that people say and do. I commend you for staying and playing your awesome class.
    Yes you're a valuable asset, but keep in mind this doesn't make you expendable.

And to everyone that thinks they know how to play their class doesn't make it true. Just thinking something doesn't bring it to existence.
    A true player can play their class well in every situation.

b:chuckle

Also, squad leaders job is to keep the peace. If you can't handle that duty, pass it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker.