GMs, are we going to participate in this? World-wide PVP Tournament

Comments

• brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited June 2011
    TBH, I think BOTs would wtfpawn most the people here, if they put em in the same gears.

CN bot Kills US player...

US player windows out to charge more zhen, realizes he can't, freaks out and freezes up, loseing the abiltity to think any longer.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    lol skill? skill isnt need when you can faceroll :O *casts credit card swipe*

wait....im poor D: *gets 1 shot*
    brent40 wrote: »
    I havn't seen anywhere that they stated the players take carbon copies of their current characters to the challenge.

I supose the American team should hope they do allow this. Most US server players only know the ancient fighting skill of using TAB.

This sums up what's left of skill on the game with everyone having the ability to one shot, lol.
    PW-CN is mostly populated by bots and bots suck in PVP b:chuckle

Sadly, even a CN bot would probably have more skill than the average PWI player. I'm gonna laugh if we get roflstomped by some bots.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Starmie - Harshlands
    Starmie - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Damn, everyone round up the OP'ed and Pro's from your server LOL.
    This is gonna be fun, also why is everyone downing themselves here?..
    "lul pwi'z gonnua getz powned by teh chineese, even botz r better lolz we dumb".
    b:surrender
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Am I the only one that finds it funny that Lost City, the PvP server has people killing each other all day and yet they get along/play nice

whereas Heaven's Tear the PvE server should be all care bears but they get "butt hurt" over things as insignificant as losing 3 crab meats in a random run...

UpplAndUrSilliness I vote LC for the comp sorry

LOL, I agree with this, if we could transfer servers, I would leave HT in a heartbeat.....

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • PayUpSucka - Heavens Tear
    PayUpSucka - Heavens Tear Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Me T-bags You Known!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Lol wish I could read Asian.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Hudini - Harshlands
    Hudini - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    ^^ kewl, go mindlessly smash buttons..

It's mindless button smashing here because its precisely who can one shot who first.... Of course it don't take much skill to mindless, hopefully, luckly get that one shot in first. But on servers where people are more equally geared across the board, skill > gears... Don't believe that:? go and try smashing random buttons on a p-server. where everyone has the same level of gears, refines, shards. see how famous you get.

no matter how you slice it.. there IS skill in the game, just no one practices it anymore.

Of course I was around when +5 was high refinement, game doesn't take skill. Game knowledge plays some effect but there is not very much to learn. After that it comes down to the reaction time.

You can defend this game if you are bad at pvp all you want, you are probably one of the people that dont understand the first thing about it that is all. Needless to say the same combos will be used and the same tricks by each player. FoW gush pyro gush pyro sleep somebody gush pyro gush pyro fow 2 spark skill of your choice./end fight

The equal gear you are talking about is all +12 anyways, in level npc gear wizards one shot everything lol. I don't even know why I am discussing pvp skill with a carebear like he knows something about it.
  • nimh88
    nimh88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Watch some server battles here:

http://w2i.178.com/list/101535600645.html

You probably won't understand cra.p... I didn't when I watched them... maybe you can make out the makeup of the squads... I just know one had two barbs; and one had three clerics b:chuckle

And I sure heck didn't see that many R9s.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    nimh88 wrote: »
    Watch some server battles here:

http://w2i.178.com/list/101535600645.html

You probably won't understand cra.p... I didn't when I watched them... maybe you can make out the makeup of the squads... I just know one had two barbs; and one had three clerics b:chuckle

And I sure heck didn't see that many R9s.

If that is truely their lineups they're mostly Nirvana with some event gear here and there, but mostly what we consider "common gear" here.

They'll be no match for the level and number of rank 9's we are able to bring to the table.

Also their Sins are the ones who need to triple spark with 5 APS barrier thorns. No match for our rank 9 sins.

After watching those videos if they reflect the average or best players of CN, sending regular people with rank 8 will probably be more than enough.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Of course I was around when +5 was high refinement, game doesn't take skill. Game knowledge plays some effect but there is not very much to learn. After that it comes down to the reaction time.

You can defend this game if you are bad at pvp all you want, you are probably one of the people that dont understand the first thing about it that is all. Needless to say the same combos will be used and the same tricks by each player. FoW gush pyro gush pyro sleep somebody gush pyro gush pyro fow 2 spark skill of your choice./end fight

The equal gear you are talking about is all +12 anyways, in level npc gear wizards one shot everything lol. I don't even know why I am discussing pvp skill with a carebear like he knows something about it.

I came to this carebear server from Lost city, namely because the PvP aspect of this game became precisely what we are dicussing. A no skill required gameplay. Its down to one shotting or getting one shot. Who ever gets the trigger off first.. Why is it like that? Since you are so edumacated in the dynamics in the game you should know that the gear gap of the lvl 100s is so broad for the comon that its diversity ultimately eliminates the ability to even need to practice a good defence.

If you came post packs/TB/rank sale/ and hand out endgame gear prizes, then you maybe never experienced the days when the best wiz wasn't one that could one shot everything, but could survive anything. Judging by the fact all you posted was a typical "go for the one shot" combo, that truelly is the only "skill" you have. I'm gonna guess if the one shot did'nt work, you pretty much expect to die and go back to town, run back out and try another one shot.
    re
  • Hudini - Harshlands
    Hudini - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I came to this carebear server from Lost city, namely because the PvP aspect of this game became precisely what we are dicussing. A no skill required gameplay. Its down to one shotting or getting one shot. Who ever gets the trigger off first.. Why is it like that? Since you are so edumacated in the dynamics in the game you should know that the gear gap of the lvl 100s is so broad for the comon that its diversity ultimately eliminates the ability to even need to practice a good defence.

If you came post packs/TB/rank sale/ and hand out endgame gear prizes, then you maybe never experienced the days when the best wiz wasn't one that could one shot everything, but could survive anything. Judging by the fact all you posted was a typical "go for the one shot" combo, that truelly is the only "skill" you have. I'm gonna guess if the one shot did'nt work, you pretty much expect to die and go back to town, run back out and try another one shot.

I am going to guess you weren't very good at pvp and dodged out of lost city. Even with equal gear and not one shotting people there is no skill involved with pvp. There never was, there never will be. 90 wiz on HT before HL was ever released, I played before nixes.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I going to guess you weren't very good at pvp and dodged out of lost city. Even with equal gear and not one shotting people there is no skill involved with pvp. There never was, there never will be. 90 wiz on HT before HL was ever released, I played before nixes.

Your Contradictory statements are epic. b:chuckle

If there is no skill in PvP how can someone be bad at it? b:laughb
    re
  • PooRitan - Sanctuary
    PooRitan - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    what was the level cap again on the chinese servers? wasn't it far over 105? just saying level difference counts too
  • budi66
    budi66 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    what was the level cap again on the chinese servers? wasn't it far over 105? just saying level difference counts too

I think the cap is lvl 120 b:laugh
  • nimh88
    edited June 2011
    Updates on this event:

1. in the last stage, the cross-country tournament, all participants will be given the same level!

http://event51.wanmei.com/w2i/201106/w2ipkall/c5-1.htm

2. all participants in the last stage will be given tournament only weapons!! Each participant will be mailed a special class weapon, on par with warsoul from what I understand. Each participant will also be able to get armor pieces from NPC.

http://event51.wanmei.com/w2i/201106/w2ipkall/c5-2.htm

so folks, can't bring your r9s with you if you make it to the last stage b:chuckle
  • ISweet - Harshlands
    ISweet - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    How about a magic ring with:

g16
    magic attack +150
    durability 300
    required level 100
    crit +3%
    attack lev+3
    magic attack +70
    -6%chaneling
    Magic +10

omgggb:dirty
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Why do people think China server lack of rank9s ?

You do know.. theres no packs there. Thats why rep got on sale.. Therefor anyone that bots/cashshop/farms/etc.. = full rank9.

Their packs = Bidding house.

Plus .. For the most part, I doubt you get the same gear as you have in your server.

And most likely i doubt this ever happen US vs China. But meh maybe PWE actually takes an effort on this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Why? Because have you worked out the time it takes to get just 1 GST from cube?
  • _SoulCrusheR - Dreamweaver
    _SoulCrusheR - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Turned out, every participant will have full r9+12 gear (right, poor BMs w/o aps), u will not be available to fly during PvP, veno's wont have nixes, only maxed scorpion (not sure if u can chose his skills by yourself).
    Each participant will have 100 LP genie with option to learn skills he\she will need.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    We will indeed be participating in this worldwide tourney, and we'll get you more details as soon as we can :)

In the meantime you'll have to settle for this to hype you up..

Any update on this?

• XCurse - Dreamweaver
    XCurse - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It would be more interesting if we get a PWI servers tournament.
    and i wonder since they giving u ur gears it's gonna impossible to get pdeff for casters. if that the case poor casters will die like flys b:chuckle
    -signs up as an archer or sin- b:victory
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    So guise how's the 40 v 40 Guild Base war that you were promised going? Oh wait. It's still not here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    finally some fun, im ready to participate as a Wizard b:bye
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    *Hiccups*

• keripo
    keripo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It looks like this tournament has been completed (or at least on the PW-CN side it has).

Videos of the tournament can be found below. Keep in mind that PW-CN does NOT have 9jun (rank 9) in cash shops, so all those gears are purely farmed (and thus not as OP as what we have here). Still expect everyone to have minimum +10 Nirvana all around and some 8juns
    http://www.soku.com/search_video/q_PWIC

Official tournament info page:
    http://event51.wanmei.com/w2i/201106/w2ipkall/index.htm#

Note that it does include the US flag, yet no tournament involvement occurred here.

Then again, its not rare for the PWI management team to be clueless of major events and changes occurring upstream (or they just choose not to reveal it for reasons that are unexplained to the community).

~Keripo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Havent seen a single dude with R9 in those vidsb:laugh

Gonna be an easy win for the NA newbies.
    So many sexy Nirvana and Warsoul gears :3
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • nimh88
    edited July 2011
    So almost 2 months later, the answer is "Yes".
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Havent seen a single dude with R9 in those vidsb:laugh

Gonna be an easy win for the NA newbies.
    So many sexy Nirvana and Warsoul gears :3

I love your sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Here's the list of competing teams btw:

China, USA, Russia, Korea, Indonesia, the Philippines, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Taipei, Japan, and Brazil.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Here's the list of competing teams btw:

China, USA, Russia, Korea, Indonesia, the Philippines, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Taipei, Japan, and Brazil.
    Game Over

b:cry