In Regards to Forum Posting

Options
LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Etherblade (West)
A forum, as defined by Randomhouse dictionaries, is a place for discussion on matters of public interest.

Due to the fact that this branch of the company is based on U.S government ran territory, it is held by the [url="http://topics.law.cornell.edu/constitution/billofrights"'First Amendment[/url], which gives the people the right to peacefully assemble and the freedom of speech.

A troll, as defined by Urban Dictionary, is someone who creates posts with the intention of creating an uproar.

A moderator is one who practices the role of moderating, which is, in lamest terms, watching over something to keep it from getting out of hand.

Now, almost everyone from HT that posts on these forums are trolls (refer to definition). A competent troll can turn even the most innocent intended post into something negative.

In my opinion, which is protected by the First Amendment (see definition), locking and deleting threads, based on the possibility of of them turning into a flame war, defeats the purpose of the forums in the first place (refer to definition).

My suggestion is that the threads be left alone and actually moderated (refer to definition) the way that they are suppose to be. No one can tell if something will turn into a flame war, or disintegrate into something nasty, and therefor steps shouldn't be taken unless said event does happen. If the conversation in said thread does turn into nothing but insults and bickering, then close/delete it. But if it's just harmless banter, leave it alone, it isn't hurting anyone. Almost no one takes anything on these forums seriously, most of it is just harmless play between server players; and the constant locking, or deleting, of threads that "moderators" view as potential flamebait makes the forums a rather dull and lifeless place.

Now, I am aware that this post may be viewed as a troll on the "moderators", but be aware that the intentions are to inform, not to troll, and should be taken as such. Locking, or deleting, this post will infringe on my freedom of speech, and again defeat the purpose of the forum; so I will respectfully request that this be left alone until it degrades into flaming, shaming, and otherwise harmful content; if it even gets to that point.
Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
Post edited by LadyofReal - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    hi LoR thank you for your above post i agree with it :o give it 10 minutes b4 they close this thread too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Honesty, you just proved, and disproved, the points I was trying to make...
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    A forum, as defined by Randomhouse dictionaries, is a place for discussion on matters of public interest.

Due to the fact that this branch of the company is based on U.S government ran territory, it is held by the [url="http://topics.law.cornell.edu/constitution/billofrights"'First Amendment[/url], which gives the people the right to peacefully assemble and the freedom of speech.

A troll, as defined by Urban Dictionary, is someone who creates posts with the intention of creating an uproar.

A moderator is one who practices the role of moderating, which is, in lamest terms, watching over something to keep it from getting out of hand.

Now, almost everyone from HT that posts on these forums are trolls (refer to definition). A competent troll can turn even the most innocent intended post into something negative.

In my opinion, which is protected by the First Amendment (see definition), locking and deleting threads, based on the possibility of of them turning into a flame war, defeats the purpose of the forums in the first place (refer to definition).

My suggestion is that the threads be left alone and actually moderated (refer to definition) the way that they are suppose to be. No one can tell if something will turn into a flame war, or disintegrate into something nasty, and therefor steps shouldn't be taken unless said event does happen. If the conversation in said thread does turn into nothing but insults and bickering, then close/delete it. But if it's just harmless banter, leave it alone, it isn't hurting anyone. Almost no one takes anything on these forums seriously, most of it is just harmless play between server players; and the constant locking, or deleting, of threads that "moderators" view as potential flamebait makes the forums a rather dull and lifeless place.

Now, I am aware that this post may be viewed as a troll on the "moderators", but be aware that the intentions are to inform, not to troll, and should be taken as such. Locking, or deleting, this post will infringe on my freedom of speech, and again defeat the purpose of the forum; so I will respectfully request that this be left alone until it degrades into flaming, shaming, and otherwise harmful content; if it even gets to that point.

she proved and disproved everything in 1 sentence thats true trolling skills isnt it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've found my resolve.
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

thanks lor :)

tbh, ive noticed a pattern around here...we will go weeks without real drama or much modding, then it will all go nuts when some mod decides to go locking/moving/deleting something when it offends them personally. modding is like managing a business, its just business. do what needs to be done to keep things running smoothly and keep your personal issues out of it. by doing so, the other posters have no reason to act like children. we will always have a few who act childish and earn bans/locks/deletes, but the general population wont lash out if you conduct yourselves in professional manners.

*sigh* back to [awesome p2p game] love you all <3
    *insert awesome siggy here*
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    hey mid you got any terms for your beloved steopie afte rhearing his sexy karaoke voice in vent?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've found my resolve.
  • XXMid_niteXx - Heavens Tear
    XXMid_niteXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    hey mid you got any terms for your beloved steopie afte rhearing his sexy karaoke voice in vent?

I'm just a mere fangirl QQ I dont deserve to give him terms =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

crappy school project promotion:
    http://sweb2.dmit.nait.ca/atikhomirova1/cruxshadows/
    Hmm... I has a cookie... and I ated it b:chuckle
    Retired
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    really no dirty latin or urban doctionary word for steo? bet you ho can find one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've found my resolve.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    really no dirty latin or urban doctionary word for steo? bet you ho can find one

oh i have dirty latin words for him alright =P my turn to scar!

oh yess revenge is sweet <3 u pie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yes Crones, Honesty is a pro troll. lol
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    yes but remember trolling is wrong its against the rules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've found my resolve.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    the ONLY song for honesty <3

'm a cyber troll and I'm okay,
    I troll all night and I flame all day.

He's a cyber troll and he's okay,
    He trolls all night and he flames all day.

I set my sites, on a friendly folk,
    I know they all hate me
    On forums I go trolling
    And catch some pawns for tea

He sets his sites, on friendly folk
    He knows they all hate he.
    On forums he goes trolling
    And catches pawns for tea

He's a cyber troll, and he's okay,

I wreck their threads, give them the hump
    I laugh as sites turn sour.
    I put on my disguises,
    And **** around for hours.

He wrecks their threads, gives them the hump
    He laughs as sites turn sour
    He puts on his disguises
    And screws around for hours

He's a cyber troll, and he's okay,

I break down threads, I rant and rave,
    Got twelve identities
    And no one knows my gender
    Or knows just who I be

He breaks down threads he rants and raves
    Got twelve identities
    And no one knows his gender
    Or knows just who he be

He's a cyber troll, and he's OKAAAAAAAAAAYYY.
    He trolls all night and he flames all day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Then that would mean everyone who has posted today needs to get a temporary ban for rule breaking, aka trolling (even if it was all in good fun).
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Then that would mean everyone who has posted today needs to get a temporary ban for rule breaking, aka trolling (even if it was all in good fun).

*pouts*
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    oh yeah that song is pimping throw song electic guiat and fire everywhere
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've found my resolve.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I know it doesn't sound fair Anne, but we know how it is.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    No one can tell if something will turn into a flame war, or disintegrate into something nasty, and therefor steps shouldn't be taken unless said event does happen.

If the very first post in a thread provokes or insults a person or group, I'd say it's perfectly logical to assume that said thread will encourage more flames, and therefore it is reasonable to close and nip in the bud.
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    As i read thru the forums, i cant help to see there a shytload of trolls starting with honesty.
    We see enrage on the left and right wtf there no one from dominus in sight...
    well that just perfect for an enrager like me, cuz i promote things like stupidity.

^this is the beginning to the trolling paradise song help me finish the song
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've found my resolve.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If the very first post in a thread provokes or insults a person or group, I'd say it's perfectly logical to assume that said thread will encourage more flames, and therefore it is reasonable to close and nip in the bud.

There is a difference between obvious intentions and the possibility of intention. Yes, I agree that if the first post is obviously intended to do so, then preventive measures should be taken. However, if there is the possibility the said thread was created with no insults intended, then it should be left as is until something happens that either makes or breaks the topic.
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    can we go back to my song please o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've found my resolve.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Shh Bale
    edited May 2011
    Options
    -innocent eyes-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    wut...O.O i freaking LOVE hot pockets!!! ham and cheese ftw b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
    edited May 2011
    Options
    -innocent eyes-

says the one that posted it!

lets get back to the song!
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I have a new general distaste for hot pockets as of right now....
    edited May 2011
    Options
    all credit for this goes to honesty! I'm innocent <33
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ewww i dont like the ham and cheese hot pockets the pizza ones are pretty good the beefy taco is the best!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've found my resolve.
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    but i wasnt done talking about hot pockets Q.Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've found my resolve.
  • Zaphael - Heavens Tear
    Zaphael - Heavens Tear Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    *slides a piece of folded paper across the table to LoR*

You'll notice the sum of money on the paper is rather generous. Here at Zaphael & Associates, we are willing to offer you this ample salary and a wide array of company benefits if you'll sign on with us.

The legal defense team for Enrage would greatly appreciate a prompt response to this offer. We think you'll make a fine addition to our law firm.
    "there is a majority of people I can't here stand anymore. The skill level in TW has decreased dramatically. Frankly I am tired leading a TW of a bunch of idiots and morons. I outlasted my patience for them. I just can't waste anymore time here." ~Ehmi's leaving post.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I am afraid to start a hot pocket trend on the forums =P

sorry in advance
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Subliminal messages FTW ... Also if you read this thread backwards it contains a message from the Devil. b:shy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]