Where the Wizard Mathematicians at?

2»

Comments

• BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I was curious myself. In less time than it took to have your fight...

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AjWJBqePFkradDB4NDR1TmF6NVBKcElQdDdpSGh1VGc&hl=en

Enjoy ^^

Really, you aced Linear Algebra but cannot do a simple comparison like this. oO??

It's not the MATH thats the problem, its the GAME math. All the variables, etc etc etc. I probably COULD do it, but it would take me much, much longer than it took you, I am very certain.

And *gasp, Adroit should be shocked. Of course, he at the same time trolled this thread saying what I was asking was super easy (yet nevertheless he wasn't able to do it) while at the same time saying that what I was asking was impossible to do (which is again proven false by the fact that you've done it. Honestly, Adroit is wrong coming and going - not an easy task, mate. Bravo!!!

And thank you for doing this. The only person that actually read the question and attempted to provide information. A scholar and a genius you are. It's 98% of what I wanted.

The other 2% - is this reduced for pvp damage? I remember reading somewhere that pvp damage is 25% of normal damage.

Also, I assume this isn't taking into consideration any adjustments for opponents gear. I assume thats what you mean by no "resistances", but just want to make sure.

Assuming both are true, it seems that the only differences significantly over 1,000 pvp damage would be ultis, and the only real significant one of those is BT. And thats STILL not taking into account opponent defenses, just 25% adjustment for pvp (assuming that's true - game math, so complicated).

Assuming all that is true, the IHRS lives on.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
    edited April 2011
    Yes.

Let's just say that ever since I switched from TT99 gold (+4 with 2x Sapphire Gems) to rank 8 I've started to actually oneshot people instead of massaging their charms.

I earned coins for it in-game though, deciding if it's worth 80$ for you is well... only your choice.

already have the rank and the weapon, its the refine that would be like $60-80 or whatever to +10 it.

And compared to TT99 +4? Yea, maybe. But mine is already +10 with 2 icebournes, so the difference between my tt99 and rank 8 is, necessarily, less thank it would be between yours.

And your decision would be alot easier as well. +4 isnt' much of an investment, but +10, back when ocean orbs were $75 each, well, I think you can start to appreciate my reluctance.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
    edited April 2011
    I don't know why BLOOD keeps on referring to r8 as $80 as if he HAS to cashshop to buy it. It's 72g. Cheap as hell and easy to farm in game even as a wiz. Get over it.

Why? Because people like you are too stupid to read before you comment.

It is NOT $72 gold for me. I already have the rank and the weapon. I have rank 9 rep, in fact. You would have known that if you had paid attention, read my initial post, or were here to do anything but troll with your butt buddy Adroit.

But alas, you are, well, you. Noone should expect much else.
    Why are you even asking about math? You're sharded with cit gems and refined +5. Obviously, you don't do any at all. Linear algebra? I doubt you even went over what reduced row echelon form is, let alone what practical applications you can use linear algebra for.

Um, I am sharded with citrines, 4 vit stones and 2 garnets, tyvm. But again, no need to bother with details when you only come here to troll.

Oh, and when +6 orbs are 13m, and citrine gems are 8m, why wouldn't I use gems? What a moron.
    If you're so great at math, why don't you go do your own arithmetic. Before you go on your lame little broken-record-of-a-diatribe on "Lost City egos," look at your original post. Now look at violetvalor's post. Back to your original post. Yours is still a piece of b:fatb.

Sweety pie, go look at the first reply to this thread, then talk to me about who thinks themselves great.

And how you can read what I've written here and claim that I said I am great at math is beyond me. Oh, thats right, you don't read.

And your wiz? you couldn't **** it so you rolled a psychic. Fail wizard.
    And BLOOD, you had to have Adroit explain to you the "reverse math" for % reduction in damage taken -- more elementary arithmetic that you were unable to comprehend initially. Pretty sure your "oh, im so smaht at math because i took deh rinear argebra" is rendered moot.

I didn't say "oh, im so smaht at math because i took deh rinear argebra". Adroit asked about 5th grade math or whatever, so I told him. Harldy saying im great at it. Particular what this thread is about, which is what the formulas in the game ARE, not how to solve them. A distinction apparently to subtle for your feeble mind.
    Why is my tone so acrid?

I assure you, noone cares, least of all me, about your "tone".
    Maybe it's because I just finished a 8 hour group project meeting. Maybe it's the rampant stupidity from the OP. Maybe it's the incessant obliviousness to reason the OP continually demonstrates.

I guess we'll never know.

Or maybe, just maybe, you have such low self esteem you get your jollies from being a bully on the internet.

Wonder why that is? I bet some of the girls know.

I hear guys like you like to drive big trucks or sports cars to compensate. You outta check that out sometime, ijs.
    edited April 2011
    You know, when you are asking for help, it is not a good idea to sound overly arrogant

Go read the first response to this thread and talk to me about arrogant, k?

If you want to be taken seriously, there is one person on here in particular that you should be criticizing, and it ain't me.

And the fact that you don't? Well, that's fine too. But just realize that for any thinking person, it totally undermines your feeble attempt to scold me.
    and dismiss all posts that do not give you the exact numbers you ask for. Especially when you are not capable of doing your own maths (As the gear you use clearly shows, as Fizban pointed out).

Prove to me how when an citrine gem costs less than a +6 orb, I should spend the money on the +6 orb. This should be good. Include how many hp you get from a gem, and how many you get from the +6 orb on G11 gear.

Or did you think everything was the same as it is on Lost City? Awwww, so cute.
    Some little hint about what Adroit was saying: You brought in the 75% PvP reduction, Adroit brought in the Elemental Reduction and Crit... Why? Because he wanted to show you it doesn't matter. Taking crit as an example: Weapon one hits 1k, weapon two hits 1.5k -> Damage difference 50%. If both crit it's 2k and 3k, again 50%. So it does not matter if it crits or not, nor does it matter if you apply PvP reduction. That's all Adroit wanted to say, again you did not even get it. And yes, calculating with percentages is 5th grade tyvm.

Oh, wow, thanks for helping me at least understand his stupidity. I guess it takes someone as dumb as him to get it. Congratulations.

I am looking for pvp DAMAGE. Not which does more - or what percentage more it does. I am looking for the raw point totals. So yes, the 25% reduction does matter. In your example, yes, the DIFFERENCE PERCENTAGE-WISE would be the same, whether you apply the pvp adjustment or not.

But the HP DAMAGE would not be. In your example, 1k damage pve would be only 250k after being cut 75%.

The other, 1.5k pve, would be 375k. So yes, the percentage difference between them is the same. But, genius that you are, THAT IS NOT WHAT I AM ASKING!!

In you example, doing 500k more against a pvp target is certainly not the same as doing 125k more against a pvp target.

Only one person on this thread actually paid attention enough to answer the question, and I get trolled for being stupid? lmao.

Honestly, I love the people that come onto these forums calling people stupid. You call me arrogant when all I did was express my amazement that noone reads the question before answering, or gives just some lame answer like "rank 8 does more".

But you have people (like you) who come on here, don't understand the question, then give an answer that at best answers a question noone asked (does the percentage difference between the weapons stay the same etc.), and have the gall to call people stupid? lol

Oh yes, but I am the arrogant one.
    For Bids:

w = ((Base attack[Avearge, HH99] + 5*Wep Attack[Average, HH99] + 13955) / (Base attack[Avearge, R8] + 5*Wep Attack[Average, R8] + 13955)) * 100

Go get your calculator! It's not that hard.

Noone said it was, but again, this is just the ratio of the damages to each other. We all know Rank 8 is more, and that's not what I asked for. That fact that, 35 posts in, you still don't get it says more about your stupidity than you claim it does about mine.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Ahh, finally wiz forums gets interesting when BLOODIDIOT is here.
    It is NOT $72 gold for me. I already have the rank and the weapon. I have rank 9 rep, in fact. You would have known that if you had paid attention, read my initial post, or were here to do anything but troll with your butt buddy Adroit.

But alas, you are, well, you. Noone should expect much else.

Sorry, I don't usually hear about people with portions of rank 9 armor and tt99 wep with g12 saphs. I forget that you're so fail you somehow managed to pull that off.
    Um, I am sharded with citrines, 4 vit stones and 2 garnets, tyvm. But again, no need to bother with details when you only come here to troll.

Oh, and when +6 orbs are 13m, and citrine gems are 8m, why wouldn't I use gems? What a moron.

Obviously, you don't know how to efficiently refine. Have you ever heard of tienkang/tisha stones? Apparently, someone is still lacking in the fundamental basics of the game. Cit gems 8m? I see your entire server is just fail. I bet your merchants probably sell boutique items for less than gold price too.
    Sweety pie, go look at the first reply to this thread, then talk to me about who thinks themselves great.

And how you can read what I've written here and claim that I said I am great at math is beyond me. Oh, thats right, you don't read.

I believe that attempting (and failing miserably) at bragging about your 'A' in Linear Algebra falls under this category. But oh wait! Gravity and other universally accepted norms don't apply to YOU! I FORGOT! You just edit your previous posts (and even other people's quotes) and pretend like it never happened! inb4 you edit your previous post and admit you actually suck at math.
    And your wiz? you couldn't **** it so you rolled a psychic. Fail wizard.

Explained many times before. Furthermore, my wiz was better than your wiz could ever hope to be ijs. The wiz I quit over a year ago has a better weapon than yours. How sad is that? And I've yet to charge a cent on this game so you can kiss your trite "o u a cashshopper u so baddie dont know wat do play game is right okay?" argument goodbye.
    I didn't say "oh, im so smaht at math because i took deh rinear argebra". Adroit asked about 5th grade math or whatever, so I told him. Harldy saying im great at it. Particular what this thread is about, which is what the formulas in the game ARE, not how to solve them. A distinction apparently to subtle for your feeble mind.

You never asked for the formulas in the game. You're too moronic to apply what you learn in class into practical situations. Who's the one with the feeble mind? I think it starts with BLOOD and ends in IDIOT.
    Or maybe, just maybe, you have such low self esteem you get your jollies from being a bully on the internet.

I get my fun out of reading your pathetic responses that you try to pass off as having substance when it's all just mental diarrhea in the form of a forum post.
    But the HP DAMAGE would not be. In your example, 1k damage pve would be only 250k after being cut 75%.

The other, 1.5k pve, would be 375k. So yes, the percentage difference between them is the same. But, genius that you are, THAT IS NOT WHAT I AM ASKING!!

In you example, doing 500k more against a pvp target is certainly not the same as doing 125k more against a pvp target.

As we can see clearly in this quote, you sir, are an idiot.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Let him run around with his ravager if he wants to be so belligerent to everyone? =/
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
    edited April 2011
    Sorry, I don't usually hear about people with portions of rank 9 armor and tt99 wep with g12 saphs. I forget that you're so fail you somehow managed to pull that off.

Thats because you are in the lost city bubble, and because I am a thoughtful player and i didn't want to just get ring and weapon, cuz then you would have trolled my 88 mold top and tt90 boots, lol.

So predictable you are. Really.

And as this thread tends to demonstrate, my weapon with icebournes seems to hold up quite well against even rank 8, and WELL prior to rank 8 sale.

Well, at least so far noone here has proven anything differently - in spite of how "easy" all claim it is to do.
    Obviously, you don't know how to efficiently refine. Have you ever heard of tienkang/tisha stones? Apparently, someone is still lacking in the fundamental basics of the game. Cit gems 8m? I see your entire server is just fail. I bet your merchants probably sell boutique items for less than gold price too.

You mean using 100s of mirages? I use 200 mirages and don't get lucky enough to hit +4 without stones. Everytime I refine above +4 I give it a whirl, but I inevitably bore of that and just use orbs. $0.09 each? My time is worth alot more than that.

Oh, but I forgot - you all on lost city don't cash shop. b:chuckle

At the time I got the gems? yup. Now they are 12-15m, but that is still pretty on par with +6 orb.
    I believe that attempting (and failing miserably) at bragging about your 'A' in Linear Algebra falls under this category. But oh wait! Gravity and other universally accepted norms don't apply to YOU! I FORGOT! You just edit your previous posts (and even other people's quotes) and pretend like it never happened! inb4 you edit your previous post and admit you actually suck at math.

Anyone who reads this thread and thinks I am claiming to be good at math is a fool. Read the title of the thread, for crying out loud. No editing needed.
    Explained many times before. Furthermore, my wiz was better than your wiz could ever hope to be ijs. The wiz I quit over a year ago has a better weapon than yours. How sad is that? And I've yet to charge a cent on this game so you can kiss your trite "o u a cashshopper u so baddie dont know wat do play game is right okay?" argument goodbye.

Yes yes, we know, it was so awesome you rolled a psychic. nuff said.

And some of us don't need a big weapon to play the game. Or feel important. Mine has been just fine on my server, and still is, apparently. Neither you nor anyone else has proven otherwise.

You never asked for the formulas in the game. You're too moronic to apply what you learn in class into practical situations. Who's the one with the feeble mind? I think it starts with BLOOD and ends in IDIOT.

I didn't want the formulas, duh. I wanted someone else that knows them to run the numbers, which as has been shown didn't take even 5 minutes. What a dummy. Really. Dumb.
    I get my fun out of reading your pathetic responses that you try to pass off as having substance when it's all just mental diarrhea in the form of a forum post.

Substance? When I am asking someone to calculate damage for me? Again, it is YOU who have this all consuming need to be seen as having this so called "substance". Unfortunately, whenever you try, you reveal yourself to be nothing more than a follower troll - and not half as good at it as Adroit is, who isn't 1/10 the troll I am, lol.
    As we can see clearly in this quote, you sir, are an idiot.

Oh yes, I think any thinking person can see quite clearly indeed.

Edit: Oh, you think im fail because of the typo of me including "k" after "375"? I am fail because of a typo when my meaning is clear, but your not when you have no ability to read (nah, you don't even try) before you come on here and troll me - completely missing the point? Interesting theory.

And no, I won't go edit that. I think the meaning is clear. The "substance" as you would say, is absolutely clear. And more than clear, it is correct!

Your posts? troll "diarrhea" indeed.
    edited April 2011
    Let him run around with his ravager if he wants to be so belligerent to everyone? =/

still not feeling ignored.

don't be mad because someone was actually able to read and answer my question when that was too much for you to do. really, its ok.

and again, read the first response to this thread, and tell me of whom you should be critical for being belligerent, k?
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You know what's the good thing about percentages? You can convert them back to your beloved raw damage! Let's say you get a damage difference of 25% from my formula. Then you just go out and BIDS that barb that happens to run around white named. Then you do a certain amount of damage. You take the number, multiply it with 1.25 (still following me?) and WOW you somehow got the number that your r8 weapon would have done - without magic, even tho you are a wizard! And you did not even have to apply PvP reduction, crit, elemental resistances or the current moon phase. And the best is: It does not only work for barbs but for every other class too! Great, isn't it? That is why calculating percentages always is better than calculating raw numbers. Because raw numbers say nothing.

But wait, I am dumb.. Next time I am calculating yield for some synthesis I will not go to my prof and tell him "I got 81% of the theoretical yield", I will go to him and say "I got 2 g less than the theoretical yield. I used the numeric value because a smart guy on a game forum said it's better because "I am looking for yield in GRAMS. Not how much less I got - or what percentage less. I am looking for the raw mass totals."" I am sure he will be amazed! Percentages suck, they do not even have a unit. I mean how can something without a unit even have the slightest value?

Disclaimer: Yes I know you will dismiss my example and tell me I am dumb, but it was a perfectly good example. It showed why you ALWAYS use percentages when comparing two things. Imagine theoretical yield is 100 g - then 2 g won't matter. If it is 3 g - then 2 g is a lot. It's the same for raw damage. If you do 2k more on a crit on a barb it is not that much, if you do 2k more on a wiz where u did 5k before, it's quite a lot. So now go on telling me I am dumb please, Mr Reversed Math. You can get an A in some linear algebra class and still have no clue about maths.

For the rest of the post: The fact that you compared the price of one gem to the price of a six orb again proofed my point. Refining has increasing returns the higher you refine. So how about comparing the cost of 4 gems and the hp gain compared to 4 imacs to the cost/gain of a refine from 5 to 10? Sounds way smarter as "any thinking person can see quite clearly indeed".
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
    edited April 2011
    You know what's the good thing about percentages? You can convert them back to your beloved raw damage! Let's say you get a damage difference of 25% from my formula. Then you just go out and BIDS that barb that happens to run around white named. Then you do a certain amount of damage. You take the number

stop the presses!!!!!! You say I can take that "number", but noone's given it to me yet, which again, since you continually seem to miss it, is the WHOLE point.

And if what you are saying is that I can just add 14% onto whatever I do in game with my IHRS? No kidding? But I couldn't have done that based on your post, or Adroits, or Magefoolban, or any of the others save 1. You all didn't read the question, or didn't understand it, and answered a question i didn't ask, neither of which gave me the percentage of additional damage OR the raw number. It gave me nothing except "rank 8 does more". Honestly, why would you even bother posting something like that unless you were only here to troll to try to make you feel better?

It showed why you ALWAYS use percentages when comparing two things.

ALWAYS? Ask your "prof" about making absolute statements like that.

If I am thinking about buying a red car or a blue car, do I only need to know what percentage the difference is between them? Can I write my check out for "25% more than the other blue car" DOLLARS? No, I need to know the price of the car. Both of them. Or the price of one of them and the percentage. But neither of you gave me EITHER of them, and in the process tell me I am the idiot, lol. Even by your own example here, you didn't answer the question you are repeatedly posting in response too. wow, just wow.

AGAIN, I wasn't looking to COMPARE them, I wanted to know the NUMBER. If its 1k more damage for me to refine another bound weapon to +10, it ain't worth the expense.

And even if I did just ask for the percentage difference, none of you gave it to me, duh.

I tire of correcting you, don't you tire of being incorrect?

The rest?
    tldr

And coming from me THAT'S saying something. But why would I read it, when you completely miss the entire point, over and over again, and try to somehow turn it into my failing.

You, sir, regardless of how well you do at math, need to beef up your reading comprehension, ijs.
    edited April 2011
    inb4 all the "im done with this thread - your too hopeless and i am just going to ignore your posts from now on"

We all know that isn't true, and since I have finally gotten what I think I was looking for (no thanks to you lame excuses for trolls) I am finished with this thread. All you have done is keep coming back with the same tired **** for 40 posts, and I bore of repeating myself.

b:bye
  • rebarbora1
    rebarbora1 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    inb4 all the "im done with this thread - your too hopeless and i am just going to ignore your posts from now on"

We all know that isn't true, and since I have finally gotten what I think I was looking for (no thanks to you lame excuses for trolls) I am finished with this thread. All you have done is keep coming back with the same tired **** for 40 posts, and I bore of repeating myself.

sorry but you are BIG moron. Hopefully you know why. But I doubt.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    I will try again, less sarcastic
    stop the presses!!!!!! You say I can take that "number", but noone's given it to me yet, which again, since you continually seem to miss it, is the WHOLE point.

As I said: Go bids that barb, THEN use the percentage. There is not one number because it depends on defenses of the class etc. There isn't even one "percentage" you can apply. The damage difference in % is different for each skill, coz tehy all factor in different weapon damage and static damage. But you could go out, calculate the damage different in % for each skill, then go out attack a target, apply the % and see what number of "raw damage" you would get. It is the easiest way, believe it or not.

And if what you are saying is that I can just add 14% onto whatever I do in game with my IHRS? No kidding? But I couldn't have done that based on your post, or Adroits, or Magefoolban, or any of the others save 1. You all didn't read the question, or didn't understand it, and answered a question i didn't ask, neither of which gave me the percentage of additional damage OR the raw number. It gave me nothing except "rank 8 does more". Honestly, why would you even bother posting something like that unless you were only here to troll to try to make you feel better?

I gave you a correct formula, you dismissed it. I got better things to do than put numbers into that formula. For example running nv or writing an essay on the Benzoin condensation.

ALWAYS? Ask your "prof" about making absolute statements like that.

Yes, whenever I compare two numbers, I will use the difference in percent and not the difference in whatever unit.
    If I am thinking about buying a red car or a blue car, do I only need to know what percentage the difference is between them? Can I write my check out for "25% more than the other blue car" DOLLARS? No, I need to know the price of the car. Both of them. Or the price of one of them and the percentage. But neither of you gave me EITHER of them, and in the process tell me I am the idiot, lol. Even by your own example here, you didn't answer the question you are repeatedly posting in response too. wow, just wow.

Ofc I gave you the number. In my own example it's the theoretical yield (google it, if you know as much about chemistry as you know about maths) in the ingame case it is the bids you do on the white named barb. Where am I missing the number?
    AGAIN, I wasn't looking to COMPARE them, I wanted to know the NUMBER. If its 1k more damage for me to refine another bound weapon to +10, it ain't worth the expense.

To get the number you need to do a comparison, duh.
    And even if I did just ask for the percentage difference, none of you gave it to me, duh.

As I said: I gave you the formula, put in your numbers.
    I tire of correcting you, don't you tire of being incorrect?

You are only correcting me in your wildest dreams you overly arrogant, self-loving jerkass. ty.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

• Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Umm..

Yea..

Good job again on making Blood rage lol...

This has inspired me to cause drama on the HT forums soon b:victory
  • Yulk - Raging Tide
    Yulk - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2011

I'm really happy for you and imma let you finish, but I am the best poster of all time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Umm..

Yea..

Good job again on making Blood rage lol...

This has inspired me to cause drama on the HT forums soon b:victory

I doubt you can pretend to be half as dumb as BLOODIDIOT makes himself out to be.

Anyway, BLOODIDIOT wants to know how much damage he does on something in pvp without giving any background information: opponents' buffs, pdef, mdef, def lvl, hp, etc. No one is going to come up with numbers for X spell against an opponent with Y pdef, Z mdef, V def lvl, W hp, etc.

There is no framing of a problem, ergo no one is going to give you a solution (esp for you since it's general consensus across servers that most anything you spew out is BS, and hardly anyone likes you). I knew you were moronic, but this thread just topped it all without a fight.

Congrats! You just passed Specialmats in wizard forum notoriety.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    I doubt you can pretend to be half as dumb as BLOODIDIOT makes himself out to be.

Anyway, BLOODIDIOT wants to know how much damage he does on something in pvp without giving any background information: opponents' buffs, pdef, mdef, def lvl, hp, etc. No one is going to come up with numbers for X spell against an opponent with Y pdef, Z mdef, V def lvl, W hp, etc.

There is no framing of a problem, ergo no one is going to give you a solution (esp for you since it's general consensus across servers that most anything you spew out is BS, and hardly anyone likes you). I knew you were moronic, but this thread just topped it all without a fight.

Congrats! You just passed Specialmats in wizard forum notoriety.

You so dumb! Since when is damage proportional to the hp of the target? that proofs without a doubt that everything you ever said and will say is invalid for all time. I think every thinking person will agree with me.

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lololol
    BLOOD has reached a whole new level of stupidity that I didn't even know existed.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It's not the MATH thats the problem, its the GAME math. All the variables, etc etc etc. I probably COULD do it, but it would take me much, much longer than it took you, I am very certain.

And *gasp, Adroit should be shocked. Of course, he at the same time trolled this thread saying what I was asking was super easy (yet nevertheless he wasn't able to do it) while at the same time saying that what I was asking was impossible to do (which is again proven false by the fact that you've done it. Honestly, Adroit is wrong coming and going - not an easy task, mate. Bravo!!!

And thank you for doing this. The only person that actually read the question and attempted to provide information. A scholar and a genius you are. It's 98% of what I wanted.

I am happy to teach you. =)
    Though I think the others are mostly upset at you not working things out yourself. "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life" type of mentality. Though I do recommend you learn. Try this page to get started:

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Damage
    The other 2% - is this reduced for pvp damage? I remember reading somewhere that pvp damage is 25% of normal damage.

I originally did not include the PvP reduction though I have added it too. Just had to divide the absolute difference mean and std by 4. The percent difference column is unaffected.
    Also, I assume this isn't taking into consideration any adjustments for opponents gear. I assume thats what you mean by no "resistances", but just want to make sure.

Correct.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    I am happy to teach you. =)
    Though I think the others are mostly upset at you not working things out yourself. "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life" type of mentality. Though I do recommend you learn. Try this page to get started:

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Damage

I originally did not include the PvP reduction though I have added it too. Just had to divide the absolute difference mean and std by 4. The percent difference column is unaffected.

Correct.

I think we're past the trying to teach him stage. At this point, its more just laughing at him for being a moron. b:cute
  • Menarin - Dreamweaver
    Menarin - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    For the love of god and all that is holy can someone please close the QQ that is this thread. The question has been answered. Thanks to violetvalor.

Reposted for simplicity: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AjWJBqePFkradDB4NDR1TmF6NVBKcElQdDdpSGh1VGc&hl=en#gid=0

This thread is so fail. But hilarious nonetheless. Congrats guys really on actually making something useful come out of your QQ'ing. This link is great.
    Our time is coming, we cannot be stopped, soon the time of the wizard will be upon us and all shall know and fear us. we are a magical army of wizardry and death, cold and emotionless, we carry out our tasks without a conscience.
    ~Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide

^Wow he has no life.
    ~Menarin - Dreamweaver
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    For the love of god and all that is holy can someone please close the QQ that is this thread. The question has been answered. Thanks to violetvalor.

Reposted for simplicity: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AjWJBqePFkradDB4NDR1TmF6NVBKcElQdDdpSGh1VGc&hl=en#gid=0

This thread is so fail. But hilarious nonetheless. Congrats guys really on actually making something useful come out of your QQ'ing. This link is great.

I'll pretend I didn't read this post because you are new.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    I'll pretend I didn't read this post because you are new.

Dreamweaver wizards are the best wizards.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Dreamweaver wizards are the best wizards.

ahemb:bye
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Sun_Burn that's like twice you try to burn me as of late. What is this? :(

Adroit, I demand you hunt him for me until my sin has R9. Or..or..try to find a way for me to transfer all my money and chars from HT to LC? That would be evil.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Sun_Burn that's like twice you try to burn me as of late. What is this? :(

Adroit, I demand you hunt him for me until my sin has R9. Or..or..try to find a way for me to transfer all my money and chars from HT to LC? That would be evil.

He flies away too fast.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Oh I forgot about this thread, I use r8 +10 now and I hit almost twice as hard oo so yeah. Go ravagers.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Oh I forgot about this thread, I use r8 +10 now and I hit almost twice as hard oo so yeah. Go ravagers.

...unless your target resists your ultimates. <3

• Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    ...unless your target resists your ultimates. <3

or they crit for 1 damage
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Well the answer to your question is there is no way to get to 1 final set of armor. I mean PWI will add new sets to the game which will be honor sets or something which can be used to make money. So in the end it doesnt matter if you get r8 or nirvana or r9 it is just a question of how much money do you want to throw into the game to get a temporary advantage in pvp. Guess why PWI has removed the item drops from the lvl 105+ mobs in heaven and hell
    Guess why they have an upgrade system for the rank armor from the trial. This simply is a way to make people upgrade their r8 because they think with the upgraded r8 they will be competitive with a not upgraded r9. But who cares if the people who have r9 simultaneously upgrade their r9. In the end you either have to accept that if you want to be part of pvp you constantly have to upgrade your gear to remain competitive and there is no cheap way out of that. On the other hand if you just look for a gear to be fine in all the instances nirvana or r8 are more than enough

greetz harm0wnie
This discussion has been closed.