Is a barb useless?

Options

Comments

• Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Barbs are the best class!!!

Ok well here is what makes a barb a barb.

1. Best chi control

2. Invoke and solid shield

3. Best spike aoe dmg (armageddon!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    150 vit is nothing, like 18*15?. That's around the same HP as 2 pieces of R9 refined to +10 instead of +5.
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    First of all, if people are complaining about how VIT barbs are so godly, then roll one yourself and play it. Second of all as a former VIT barb I see nothing wrong with (my build at least) with having 404 str and 200 dex. I still have 20k HP and 4 APS. I can still solo just about anything, have a much better success rate of surviving and its much much more fun to play. OR I could have 272 str and 49 dex and not kill anything and have 25k hp... woooohooooo. If Vit barbs are so great then roll your own. Don't sit here and complain about how were fail for going pure str/dex! Try it, you might just like it. b:bye

Edit, All a vit barb is, is a money sink for a cash shopper.
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • Bladesaber - Dreamweaver
    Bladesaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I have played both a BM and barb(BM is 91 and Barb is 68) and of the two of the i still hit harder on my barb at lower lvls. I have 2.22 aps SPARKED and i still get in into any dungeon squad i want because i don't depend on my dps for DD. A barb is, and i don't care what people say, always will be the tanking class.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Barbs are useless ONLY IN PVP

They are GODs in PvE and nothing can replace them.

Uh... Have you been licking the **** Horse?

Fail barbs are totally useless in PVE. My BM with NO -int gear tanks better than 90% of the random Barbs I've squadded with.

Hell, my Sin tanks better than some barbs. >_>

If you are going to tank, do it right. Seriously. At 59, I did everything after Farren, including Calcid and Hercule, on my Sin, with JUST a Mystic helping me. And at 68, on my BM, I tanked Rankar with no cleric or mystic at all, no heals, just HP pots, genie, and sutra (cleric DCed RIGHT when we started). Most Barbs in the 60-69 level range... Their HP would go down... And down... And down... Then they would die. I got my party through that.

I've been helping a barb in one of the factions I belong to learn how to do FCC. Helping him with gear, helping his veno wife with gear too. Helping a Barb in another faction I belong to Gear Up for FCC, he's gonna make an excellent FCC Barb. But both of them have excellent gear (so does the Veno, just not... the right gear XD).

And in helping these barbs and veno with their gear, and how to play FCC, I've found out that my Cleric, who I stuffed into the closet to collect dust, wasn't geared right either (no PDef ornaments). So I'm re-gearing her and may play that class again since they seem to be going extinct, though IDK if I really wanna level one to endgame. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Are you high? I get pwned by my barb friend all the time in PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You are so stupid I don't even know where to begin.

First of all, 14k is with my -interval equips, as in, not the equips I use for PvP. No, I am not running around TW with evasion ornaments.

Second, when the hell did I say I had nothing refined past +4, I have almost everything refined past +4 except my map 4 belt and my lunar ring.

With R9/Vit stones/Jades, etc. 150 vit is completely insignificant. 100%

No durr 5 aps isn't useful in TW, when the hell did I say it was a TW build.

Barbs should roll a BM and do better damage? Like I've already said, with a similarly refined weapon a 5 aps BM cannot keep aggro from me consistently. The only way a 5 aps BM can consistently hold aggro from me is if he has a higher refined weapon.

And who cares about fist skills, how often do you see a BM using fist skills in PvE anyways. Cyclone? Maybe if they don't have enough chi for triple spark. DBB is the only one used regularly. Oh what's that? I can cancel demon bestial onslaught? Oh cool. What's that? I get an extra 30% hp? Pretty useful for when we're on emperor and our 5 aps DD just got killed and I'm sitting there tanking him. I can keep devour on the boss, I can keep barb buffs up for bosses that purge, so please, learn to PvE before you claim to know anything.

Oh, and my build allows me to farm coins MUCH faster than a pure vit barb. As in, I can farm high refines + vit stones easy. I played for just a few hours yesterday and easily made 25mil, that's not counting the dozen or so minister stones I have waiting to be sold after double drops ends. I don't really have anything to do today, so If I put in a decent amount of time I can probably farm another 50mil and put vit stones in my cape for starters. Or maybe start working on a tier 2 nirvana helm.

Edit: Just got a wrist gold from soloing 3-2, +5mil for me.

IJS
    More like it isn't necessary. If I glitch tiger form with claws I have 5.0 aps with 14.5k hp, and I can tank just about every instance in the game. Delta gives me a bit of trouble but as long as I pay attention I'm fine, and this is with a base VIT of 20 and an average refine of +4
    b:bye
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

1. Best chi control

Listen to Man, he's the best non-BS barb in RT b:victory
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

You're from lost city too........So CUTE. Please keep this mentality in your mind, and spread it to others too. I HAPPIER if all the fools walking around thinking a barb is NO THREAT in pvp^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

1. Best chi control

1) Barbs constantly QQ about chi, whereas my Sin always seems to have a bit extra.

2) Not gonna argue there...

3) My lvl 66 BM giggled at a 101 Barb's arma in TW. My BM was unbuffed, only thing I did use was marrow. Was a pure axe build Barb, my BM is fist/axe (and sword for giggles).

So... TBH, I disagree. :p
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    (this is perhaps why I was better at magic classes)

I do have a few questions - I hope no one minds.

1) Vit barbs are those who pump the minimum str and dex requirement and the remaining points into Vit right?

2) Therefore, are vit barbs screwed because refinement takes precedence? Like refinement would outshine however much you've pumped into a barb?

On point 2, at lower levels, refinement is quite silly right since I understand it to be something you do for mid-high-end level gear? So does it mean that you can choose to pump into vit first before using a reset note?

I'm sorry - just really bad at handling barbs. But would love to learn how to handle one.
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I just restated my barb to hold claws. I still have 23k hp in tiger for cata pulling in TW....my resists have hardly altered...but I now have all the PvE instances opened up to my 4.0 sage barb. If I still really want to tank things the old fashion way I have my r9 axe and 23k hp in tiger like I said, or I can flip to standing and I have 16.5k HP (until refinement sale -_-) so I really don't see any issues as long as you take care of the vit stone/refining part of the build.
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    barb is nv useless, no class will ever be.

Everyone who has played a barb to level 100 and done most of the more popular instance will probably realise this.

If you stay a vit barb in this time of age, you are just weakening yourself.

Fully refine and Vit stone, 200 dex even 300 dex isnt really an issue.

A barb with Warsoul Bow will be force to be trifled with. b:laugh

As for rolling a bm? guess what?

I want to be able to perm HP boost, can a bm do that?
    I like to see 67% crit all the time, can bm do that?
    more importantly, i want 17 hp per vit. Can bm do that?

Everywhere i go, I am welcome in party. Even if someone else can tank and DD way better than me. My demon Devour just make their damage even more godly, even then they still want me to stand up and DD.
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    @Fistol

I see your point.

However, while I agree that remaining a vit build means you're weakening yourself, is it right to say that you will start as a vit build?

If so, at which point should you start refining your equipment and resetting your vit points? I'm quite confused there. Do you remove the vit points, leave it there? Do you remove and pump into strength? Oh dear....
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
  • Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide
    Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    1) Barbs constantly QQ about chi, whereas my Sin always seems to have a bit extra.

3) My lvl 66 BM giggled at a 101 Barb's arma in TW. My BM was unbuffed, only thing I did use was marrow. Was a pure axe build Barb, my BM is fist/axe (and sword for giggles).

Barbs QQ about not having enough Chi? I am a Chi machine and barb who cant control his chi is not a barb.

And your suprised that his armageddon did not do much damage on you?... Do you understand the mechanics of the game?
    02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Well yeah, Assasins have better chi control. They have 3 skills that give op chi and barb only has one. But the barbs skill has the potential to gain infinity sparks. So using 6 sparks in 10 seconds is feasible. (Invoke > bestial rage > sunder > armageddon > triple spark) for fc or mob pulls and whatnot.

and as far Armageddon dmg, it just depends on the barb. Like if a fight a fish class with an fc weapon, i don't laugh at all fishies for being weak, b/c here come some rank 9 fishies that would prove me wrong. Just as being Armageddoned by a 30k hp barb with +90 attack lvls is going to be devastating.

Anyways barbs will always be useful, and really there is not one thing in the game they aren't good at, or welcome in a squad too. People love their barbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I wish I rolled a sin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I wish I rolled a sin.

I rolled a sin as my first alt with my barb being my main....
  • Devinettie - Heavens Tear
    Devinettie - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I keep seeing a lot of.. Aps this Aps that... you have to think back before aps.. Vit barbs were the main tank.. the only reason they are not main tank now is due to the Over powered new Classes.. If they would go back and Tweak the older classes to make them just as powerful, Vit barbs might stand a chance again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm NOT a perfect girl... My hair doesn't always stay in place, I spill a lot of things and I'm pretty clumsy, but when I stop and take a step back and think, I remember how amazing my life is, and that... Maybe I like being Imperfect.
  • Niner - Dreamweaver
    Niner - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I keep seeing a lot of.. Aps this Aps that... you have to think back before aps.. Vit barbs were the main tank.. the only reason they are not main tank now is due to the Over powered new Classes.. If they would go back and Tweak the older classes to make them just as powerful, Vit barbs might stand a chance again.

5 aps BMs, BMs are older classes, can vit barbs keep agro from them?
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Not really.

Even if they went and tweaked flesh ream/roar/etc. so that barbs could hold aggro, there would be no point.

With 5 aps + bloodpaint, you don't need healing. So the cleric can focus on purifying (which in 3-3, is necessary)

A 5 aps can tank, AND do damage. So that's 2 things in 1. Why would you want a guy who can only do 1? Sure they would be able to tank. But a 5 aps DD would be able to tank, AND would be able to hold aggro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Devinettie - Heavens Tear
    Devinettie - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    5 aps BMs, BMs are older classes, can vit barbs keep agro from them?

But how many back then were 5aps? very very very very few.. Barbs Venos Clerics Wizards and any other class that can't and isn't meant for fist/ 5aps should get a boost of some sort.. Barbs weren't meant to be 5 aps.. They were meant to tank.. Just like Fish and BMs are meant to do Dmg.. Just like the EG as well now.. If Dmg dealers learned to controll their dmg and know when to go full out and when not too.. Barbs and Clerics would have it easier.. Do you think Clerics like playing healing Ping pong and getting yelled at when the DD dies or Barb dies.. No.. they dont
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm NOT a perfect girl... My hair doesn't always stay in place, I spill a lot of things and I'm pretty clumsy, but when I stop and take a step back and think, I remember how amazing my life is, and that... Maybe I like being Imperfect.
  • WingedHlpr - Lost City
    WingedHlpr - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    But how many back then were 5aps? very very very very few.. Barbs Venos Clerics Wizards and any other class that can't and isn't meant for fist/ 5aps should get a boost of some sort.. Barbs weren't meant to be 5 aps.. They were meant to tank.. Just like Fish and BMs are meant to do Dmg.. Just like the EG as well now.. If Dmg dealers learned to controll their dmg and know when to go full out and when not too.. Barbs and Clerics would have it easier.. Do you think Clerics like playing healing Ping pong and getting yelled at when the DD dies or Barb dies.. No.. they dont

Then the trend should start. If Clerics feel Barbs should tank, heal only them. If a Sin or DD takes aggro dont heal them. They should know how to dwindle their skills to not take aggro.

Of course if the Barb sux then by all means pick a new tank and heal only them. Healing others is good if they are hit with AOE's or take aggro unintentionly which you should know by how often they do take aggro.
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Then the trend should start. If Clerics feel Barbs should tank, heal only them. If a Sin or DD takes aggro dont heal them. They should know how to dwindle their skills to not take aggro.

Of course if the Barb sux then by all means pick a new tank and heal only them. Healing others is good if they are hit with AOE's or take aggro unintentionly which you should know by how often they do take aggro.
    You'll either get kicked out of the squad and called fail or the DD simply leaves squad. But most nukers nowadays don't rely on clerics as they know they will grab aggro and take a lot of damage so they suck up their crab meat or have a charm and never QQ. Although I find it challenging and fun, something new other than keep pressing the hotkey and take a nap xD

But what clerics hate is....in any situation....no matter how stupid the boss is... DD says: "BB plz" and it's really annoying on SoT and Abbadon BHs since the BB usually gets cancelled before the cooldown finishes. You gotta spam AOE heal like hell, not to mention the close range strong AOE....Not saying that BB there isn't good, but some people don't excuse the cooldown <_<
  • rebarbora1
    rebarbora1 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Today we just did BH wave 3 delta without barb and at spawn point. So yes they are gonna be useless totally by the time, when seekers will be high levels.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Barbs stopped being able to hold aggro at lvl 90s when people started refining their weapons. Please stop thinking it's all APS' fault. All APS did was enable DDs to take aggro from hercs on lvl 150 bosses.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I still have no probs getting anything ingame done, I'm a pure vit barb, not even specially well geared ...

Barbs will always be useful in TW, such as a cata barb. 90% of people won't go full RB without a barb (It's possible, but they just don't). Some people like the security and order a barb can bring to the squad dynamics. Others just simply like the person behind the barb.

People forget this is simply a game to enjoy with others and have a laugh, people seem to think this is an economics based 3d world where everything must be done right this instant with only 5aps and to make the biggest profit in the shortest time.

I enjoy playing a barb, I always will. I love him being full vit build, I love how it plays. I couldn't care what other people think of me/it. If they are that narrow minded I wouldn't wanna squad with them.

Gotta love the 20k+ ninja arma's in pvp/tw <33

Besides there are no physical class dd's in this game anymore anyway, everyone is a tank ...

EDIT: @ Quilue - Sanctuary

How many bad barbs were there on sanctuary? I can only remember losing aggro to the +10 archer gods of the day in fb's with my +3 star axes ..........
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options

Except a sin or BM can take aggro, not get healed, and still tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited April 2011
    Options

Wrong barbs don't tank because they don't put anywhere near the same amount of coin in on refines and other things. My barb can hold aggro pretty well over most so-so 5.0s with my +6 r9 weapon and str/dex build. Soon as I +12 I'll hold aggro over (from what I saw) 95% of APS users.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Wrong barbs don't tank because they don't put anywhere near the same amount of coin in on refines and other things. My barb can hold aggro pretty well over most so-so 5.0s with my +6 r9 weapon and str/dex build. Soon as I +12 I'll hold aggro over (from what I saw) 95% of APS users.
    I bet you 50mil that your R9 +6 can't hold aggro from my +6 windpour - nirvana with 2 garnet gems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]